LA Weight Loss - newbie

View Full Version : newbie

finelady2
07-07-2009, 04:40 PM
About 5 years ago, I went to LA and lost 50 lbs. I lost control and have now gained that weight back. Today is the first day on this journey and hope to have the support of others. I really, really enjoyed the LA peanut butter bars. Any suggestions of a replacement?

JerseyMadchen
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi finelady-

A lot of us use the South Beach Bars or the Luna bars for replacements.

Hoochie
07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the boards finelady2. You will love it here. Everyone is so supportive!
I agree, mostly everyone eats the luna bars or south beach bars. I like some of the slimfast snack bars. One of them tastes exactly like a crispy crunch(or at least I tell myself that).

Joan

JLem311
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
welcome! i love the luna bars or south beach bar as a replacement. much better and healthier than the lites anyways. :)

JerseyMadchen
07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
The South Beach bars are my favorite! They taste soooo good! And have 10g of protein!

Luckybustert
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi finelady2 and welcome! My hubby also uses the Luna bars. We both think they taste so much better than the Lites! (Unfortunately I'm no longer able to have them due to soy allergy....I was bummed because I found them really helpful for keeping cravings for sweets at bay.) There are so many great flavors...much wider variety than the Lites!

Sheni
07-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Newbie:

I am also back after some time off the LAWL diet. I gained some of the weight back on. I decided to get back on the diet. I have been using luna bars instead of La Lites and honestly, I like their taste better.

Have a Happy Weight Loss,

Sheni

Dairy Fairy
07-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Luna has a wonderful peanut butter cookie flavored bar. YUM! They also have Nutz over chocolate which is choc/pb...but I do not like it as well. Lemon Zest is my favorite flavor. I also like choc. peppermint and choc. cherry.

Good luck- hope to see you around!

aguerin
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
The guidelines that I would use when bar shopping are these:

Calories ~180/190
Protein ~8 Grams

I have saved my LA Lite Boxes for reference. Most of these type bar replacements will cost you around $1 - $1.50 depending on where you shop.

Becareful when buying Luna products as they offer many different types of products and some of them go up to 270 calories.

Hope this helps.