Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #1  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Default I Slipped

yup, back up to 196 yesterday after a week of only going to the gym once, eating whatever I wanted and partying all weekend long. *sigh*

Well right now I'm eating a yogurt as my pre-workout snack and then I'm headed to the gym and after that it's to the grocery store to buy some healthy stuff for this week. Hoping I have enough resolve to get with it and start to lose again!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Just dust yourself off and get back on track. Don't focus on negative. Keep your mind on your goals. You can do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

sweetie..I started weight watchers and then gave up...I gained what I lost back, but it's only taken me 2 weeks to get back to where I left off-no one is perfect. Hugs!!! Just get back up and keep going.

I also wanted to tell you make sure you get a good protein source with that yogurt. It definitely helps during the workout.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Good plan. Don't dwell, just move on and sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. We all slip, we succeed when we get up and get back on track.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sure you didn't eat 5 pounds worth of calories- I supposedly gained weight over the 4th but really it was all sodium and water intake. Now I'm pretty much already back to my pre-4th weight.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
yup, back up to 196 yesterday after a week of only going to the gym once, eating whatever I wanted and partying all weekend long. *sigh*...

Humm...what you described is not a "slip". A slip is when you accidentally miscalculate your calories, or mistakenly grab a real coke instead of a diet....

You have described a true-blue week-long binge. A week is plenty of time to gain a real 5 pounds, don't let the wishful thinking fool you into believing it's just "water".

So, you need to change your S/C/G on your profile...because just because you don't change it doesn't mean it didn't happen. And you need to get back on the train, because it is leaving without you...don't be left behind!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-07-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #7  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Oh believe me I know it's not just "water weight," not when I can estimate between the food and booze upwards of 2500 to 3000 calories per day!

But to me I was using the term slip meaning a mistake, not an accident and I knew full well what I was doing each day, I just stopped caring. It's not like I didn't know what was going to happen, what the consequences were going to be, I just pushed them to the back of my mind and ignored what I knew to be true.

I'm a big analyzer so right now I'm just trying to figure out exactly why I willfully "gave up" for a period and how to prevent it next time. I don't want to be sop back and forth losing the same 5-10 pounds over and over again to only be getting absolutely nowhere. I need to figure myself out!

Last edited by Fox; 07-07-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I'm a big analyzer so right now I'm just trying to figure out exactly why I willfully "gave up" for a period and how to prevent it next time. I don't want to be sop back and forth losing the same 5-10 pounds over and over again to only be getting absolutely nowhere. I need to figure myself out!
I hear ya on the analyzer thing. I did that for years. It wore me out... I used to be an all or none kind of gal had to figure it all out. I self diagnosed and self medicated myself up to super-morbid obesity. On every previous weight loss attempt one cheat would end my "diet". Seriously. I have learned some very valuable lessons here at 3FC, and I would have never made it to goal without them. First and foremost, a "binge" doesn't last a week...or even a day. If you screw up, the next minute is what counts. Not tomorrow, not Monday, not August 1. not 2010. NOW...this very second make a better choice. Forgiveness, and perseverance is the key. Also keeping yourself out of situations where you are prone to "Slip" helps tremendously.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-07-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote