Old 07-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default briefly insane, but better now! :)

I did really, really well at church camp - followed my plan and did all I needed to do. When I got home on Thursday afternoon, I made the mistake of getting on the scale and weighing myself in the middle of the afternoon. I was up a pound, and I was MAD! I felt like I'd lost weight. If I'd been thinking straight, I would have realized that I probably had, but I usually weigh first thing in the morning before I've eaten.

So I ended up allowing the scale to dictate my attitude and I left for Chicago and completely left my plan at home, too! I ate like a crazy woman. I didn't snack much, but when I ate meals, I ATE MEALS! I figured that I'd get back on track when I got home. (Boy, how many times have I said THAT?) So I got home yesterday and stayed off track. I stayed off track today. Tomorrow? Tomorrow is a different story. I'm back on track. I have no choice. I can either pull my head out of my butt and do what I need to do, or I can regain the 35 lbs. I've lost, plus some. The latter is not an option.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

You're right, regaining the 35 and plus is not an option. Get on the scales first thing in the morning, assess the damage and move on. Honestly, however scary you think the scales are going to be, it really concentrates the mind to know, rather than to wonder.

Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You are such a wise woman for knowing that. Keep that in your head and your heart and get er done. Really. You worked WAY TOO HARD for those lost 35 lbs to gain them back.

You can do this. I know you can.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good for you, this is the time to catch it. Right here. Right now. Not later or tomorrow. NOW. Right this second before it spirals out of hand.

And absolutely, positively - without any exceptions - weigh yourself in the morning. Period. Don't allow yourself to do so at any other time. You weigh yourself. And move on. Don't think about it for the rest of the day. . Don't let it dictate your mood on your decisions. Each and every thing we put in our mouth has consequences.

You WILL get back on track. Like you eluded to, what other choice is there? Nope. No longer getting back on track is no longer an option. I betcha within 3 days you will be back in a good groove, firmly on track and feeling just wonderful and this little slip will be long behind you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

One pound??? At your current weight, and weighing late in the day, you allowed ONE pound to send you off the rails?

Well, missy, you've got to get over that! My weight will go up three pounds just because it's late in the day. That's why "sneaking a peek" at the scales all day long is not helpful.

Get back on your plan. It may take a few days to see a loss, but the longer you stay on plan, the more likely that is. And maybe weigh less often, if you are too stuck on the numbers.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #6  
Searching

All about the journey my friend we will get to the place we are suppose to be and we will stumble along the way.
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Forgive yourself beautiful, listen to all of these wise people here. We are with you every step of the way.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #8  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you for getting back on track. I think that is the key for long term success. I wouldn't know for sure casue I am still plodding along, but the therory has worked so far :-).

You have done fab-u-lous at 36 pounds gone! Just keep going!!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
hat's why "sneaking a peek" at the scales all day long is not helpful...And maybe weigh less often, if you are too stuck on the numbers.
Trust me, I know better! When I was in the throes of an ED, I would weigh myself sometimes five times a day. Since I started my journey in January, I have never weighed off schedule until this last Thursday. I weigh once a week, in the morning, before breakfast - period. I just *knew* I should just skip my regular weigh in last week since it was off-schedule, but I was so excited about what I thought would be a loss.

Just goes to show that I'm never really over it, but I don't have to let it beat me.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #10  

So I woke up this morning and said to myself, "Okay. I'll be happy as long as it's not over 238."

232.4, baby!

That's a total of 38.4 lbs. lost and I'm only 2.6 lbs. from my July 23rd goal to be out of the danged 230s!

Just goes to show that if you pick yourself up immediately, it's all good.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well held! Great total! And so close to the 220s, you can taste them! (OK, fewer calories if you just smell them :wink: )
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #12  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
That's a total of 38.4 lbs. lost and I'm only 2.6 lbs. from my July 23rd goal to be out of the danged 230s!

Just goes to show that if you pick yourself up immediately, it's all good.
Awesome job Jennelle!!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #13  
Searching

YGG! You so got this, YEAH!
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote