Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default Pms

I think I am having some of the worst PMS that I've had in a long time... and its happening after I've been on a stretch of being very good with my diet and exercise.

I've gained about 3.5 lbs in 3 days, I have felt so depressed, so tired, so achy and unstoppable cravings (though I am really trying!).

I'm wondering if since I have been paying so close attention to my body through diet and exercise if that's actually making me PMS seem worse... like I'm more aware of my body, therefore my normal PMS feels so much worse?
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #2  

Hmmm-could be. Then again it could be hormonal changes brought on by the changes in your body from the weight loss. Is it possible you have an ovarian cyst or fibroid tumor? Have you changed birth control methods or stopped birth control lately? As for the weight gain, most of it is probably fluid that you'll lose pretty quickly once you get past this. Have you tried any of the PMS meds like Midol? As for cravings, I can relate. I've been fighting the worst chocolate craving the past 2 days! My usual "legal" fixes arn't working this time. I want the real deal- a giant Hershy bar with Almonds! But I haven't given in, although I have been eating too much of other things. I hope you soon get back to normal. Just know that this is just temporary, it's not a setback, you haven't failed. It's just a normal thing (although worse than normal this time) and it will pass. Just hang in there!!

Hugs,
Pooh
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 136

Height: 5'2"

Default PMS Stinks

I completely agree with you. It seems that it's a recurring event for me as well. As soon as I get started and am doing really well with both the diet and exercise and actually start seeing results I get viscous PMS. I want to eat everything in sight and sleep all day. Then the cycle comes and it's worse... cramps and cravings!

Amanda
theangryjuicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 136

Height: 5'2"

Default PMS Stinks

I completely agree with you. It seems that it's a recurring event for me as well. As soon as I get started and am doing really well with both the diet and exercise and actually start seeing results I get viscous PMS. I want to eat everything in sight and sleep all day. Then the cycle comes and it's worse... cramps and cravings!

Amanda
theangryjuicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm on the same boat. Hadn't broken my diet and exercising every other day. Then suddenly gained 2-3 lbs. This morning the moodiness set in confirming PMS is here. AF isn't set to arrive till next Saturday. I was also told to take Midol, I'm going to try it.

Last edited by mom4life; 07-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #6  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

If it keeps happening month after month, I'd go see your doctor. This happened to me last year. I'd get horribly depressed and have awful mood swings. I worried about EVERYTHING and was crying all the time. Turns out I had pmdd. The doctor gave me some medication and I feel MUCH better.
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote