Tejas
07-06-2009, 06:54 AM
:cofdate:

NEW PAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gossip: :grouphug:

Tejas
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Rise and shine, everyone!

It's a new week to do even better than before. I started the day with a spinning class. This one was a little different than the others: we were told to chose a RPM level of about 90 and stay there for most of the class. It was interesting, almost meditative.

Today doesn't have too many food-related temptations in it, so I think I might make it through without too much effort. Who knows :dunno:

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda

beach bum
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Got on the scale this morning and I stayed 168 like I was on Friday.Don't know if the S/F shakes had anything to do with not gaining over the holiday weekend. I will try it again during the Next holiday [Labor Day] and if it is,I will use that method for all of the on coming holidays.

Nothing ,new I going out with Leo to have his port flushed and than go to Marshal's to see if I can find a fancy blouse for formal night .Can't believe that its this Saturday already,have so much to do,making a list, washing, pressing & packing.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up for this week. WOW!!! 90 rep for 45 MINS. That's a lot of spinning,I can only do 60 Reps every 5 mins for 30 mins. You really must be good keep up with 90/45.

Have a great day,

sloanie
07-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Mornin' everyone!
It sounds like everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We came home yesterday from East Tennessee in a terrible storm. We had a very nice visit with dd, and now it's back to remodeling Hades. Hoping to make some headway today as dh is off.

Maryann-I'm so glad your weather has been better. Hopefully today will be the day you find that special blouse. It sounds like your "sandwich" plan worked. Good idea!!

Rhonda-it's a good thing that killer is moving away. He sounds a little over enthusiastic!

Sandra-good luck with the reboot. We all have to do that from time to time. I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

Paula-your weekend made me think of the movie Pollyanna. A good hometown Fourth of July celebration!

Vickie-How are you doing? Did those great nieces and nephews keep you busy?

Coco-How was your camping trip?

Today is weigh in day for me, and I'm excited/nervous. I have been op for the entire week, but did use all of my wpa's, and most of them were used on Saturday. I hope that did not do too much damage. I'll bbl to let you know. Have a great day everyone!

blessedwithsarah
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Happy Monday. I'm motivated and have a good plan for today. I did end up just having cherries for a snack last night. Night time eating is still my down fall. I'm happy with what I did yesterday and I'm looking forward to running/walking again tomorrow. I'll need to take the dog for a walk tonight, he can't go very fast, so running with him is out. But tomorrow is my day off so I'll have time. Just need to take my mom for blood work and errands (she still hasn't gotten the OK to drive, it may be another week or so). Then I'm getting a pedicure sometime tomorrow.

Maryann, are you leaving from Boston? It sounds like a wonderful cruise. I've never gone to PEI - went to Nova Scotia (Halifax and Cape Bretton) a few times in college. Its beautiful. I hope the weather is good for your trip. Where are your stops?

Sloan, good luck with wi. I did not log my weight on Saturday am -- I think I should have as it was way up after eating and drinking Satruday afternoon. I'm going to stick to plan this week and log my offical WI next Saturday.

Sandra, what is reboot? Your computer?

Vickie, good luck on your wi today. Hopefully you'll get past that next 15pd mark! You are doing so well. Any thoughts on getting another dog - maybe one from a breeder that is younger? Or an orphan from a kennel?

Rhonda, congrats on keeping up with the spinning. It may be like me starting to run - its a bit addictive and interesting to see how we can progress.

Hi Coco, Donna and anyone I missed (feels like I forgot someone, sorry if it was you!)

Have a good day.

Vickie
07-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Chicks! I'll be back later after weigh in.

TechAlum
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Happy Monday All,

Well, I definitely over-indulged on Saturday, but it was fun. Then yesterday was not a pretty sight eating wise, but today is another day and I am starting over (yet again). WI was this morning and even though I was feeling a little puffy from my choices over the weekend I weighed and counted it. I was up 1.4 :( Oh well, as long as I stick to program this week I'm sure I'll see improvement. Then next week DH goes in for his surgery so.......we'll see.

Maryann - Hope you found your top. When do you leave again? DH debated but decided to have the port out during his surgery so he won't have to have it flushed. Hopefully he won't need it again.

Paula - Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I wanted to go to fireworks this year but didn't make it. Our town does theirs during "homecoming" in August so maybe we'll make it then. Probably depends on how DH feels.

Vicki - Hope wi for you was better than mine :D

Sloane - When you're done with your remodeling want to come tackle mine? Just kidding, hope your wi goes well also.

Sandra - :?:reboot:?:

Well I've gotta go grab lunch and then walk the dog. I already counted it here so now I've gotta stick to it.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Vickie
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I lost 1.6 for a total of 31 pounds down. 2 fifteen pound goals down and 8 to go!

Tejas
07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
:woohoo: Vickie!!!

Sandra, it looks like I'm the only one who understood that you meant getting back OP when you said "reboot." It must be because we're cousins and both from Texas!

Donna, I see you kept your promise to be back here today. Good for you!

I'm doing well today and hope everyone else is.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats Vickie!!!! Need to update your siggie -- two down and EIGHT to go!

Vickie
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Paula. I'm going to go read and catch up now.

Vickie
07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Rhonda, I don't know how you do it. I'm not even sure that I know what spinning is anyway. Does it mean standing up and pedaling?

Maryann, it's great to maintain over a holiday. Congratulations to you! When do you leave?

Sloan, I hope you had a great weigh in. I'm awfully happy to hear that you made it home safely despite the storm. We had a great time with the Great Nieces and Nephew. We ran around and then played some kind of automated Uno game that shoots cards at you. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it.

Paula, better cherries than potato chips! I just bought some Ranier cherries today. I didn't even know what they were until Sandra turned me on to them a couple of years ago. They are $5.99 a pound here so I just bought enough for Jim and I to have some one time. If they're good I'll buy more.

Donna, you are doing amazing with all you and DH have been through. Just do what your doing and get back on program. Everything will work out.

So I've got an iced decaf (counting the one lowfat cream on the side) and I'm going to catch up on my Angie's list entries. It's about to rain here and it will be cool for the next couple of days. That means no swimming until probably the weekend.

it's weird that you should ask about the dog. Two other breeders have contacted us with retired champions to place. I'm not sure we are brave enough to go that route again. We'll see. We said we needed time to decompress so I'm going to try to give that to ourselves.

beach bum
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Found my fancy blouse its a paisley with all shades of olive green,black & cream.So,I have a choice of cream, black or olive slacks to complete the set.

Now to get the check list completed,have no idea what I'm going to bring. Ten day forecast tells us the PEI is going to have showers here & there so,I can't just take shorts thinking about my capri sets for the day and more dressy attire for dining in the evening. Men have it so easy a pare of pants & shirt or polos & shorts.

SLOAN-One of my former WW leader told us to sandwich any holiday,I tried with eating less food on the day before and the after,but it didn't work,but the shakes did do the trick.

PAULA-Yes were taking a limo up to the Boston Pier where the ship is docked. I just hope the weather holds up,and we will be able to take a tour of PEI after we disembark. The first stop is Bar Harbor,Sydney,than to PEI and after that Quebec City,to Montreal where we take a plane back to Boston.

TECH-This Saturday.The doctor suggested for Leo to leave the port in,for 2 years anyway,and than if the cancer is really gone he can have it removed.

VICKIE-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your successful weight loss journey.That's wonderful that you lost a total of 31 lbs.You'll be down to goal very shortly.

beach bum
07-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Found my fancy blouse its a paisley with all shades of olive green,black & cream.So,I have a choice of cream, black or olive slacks to complete the set.

Now to get the check list completed,have no idea what I'm going to bring. Ten day forecast tells us the PEI is going to have showers here & there so,I can't just take shorts thinking about my Capri sets for the day and more dressy attire for dining in the evening. Men have it so easy a several pairs of pants & shirt or polos & shorts.

SLOAN-One of my former WW leader told us to sandwich any holiday,I tried with eating less food on the day before and the after,but it didn't work,but the shakes did do the trick.

PAULA-Yes were taking a limo up to the Boston Pier where the ship is docked. I just hope the weather holds up,and we will be able to take a tour of PEI after we disembark. The first stop is Bar Harbor,Sydney,than to PEI and after that Quebec City,to Montreal where we take a plane back to Boston.

TECH-This Saturday.The doctor suggested for Leo to leave the port in,for 2 years anyway,and than if the cancer is really gone he can have it removed.

VICKIE-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your successful weight loss journey.That's wonderful that you lost a total of 31 lbs.You'll be down to goal very shortly.

ontarget
07-06-2009, 05:38 PM
:lol: "Reboot" is my new word to use instead of "dusting." All I meant was we were back on program beginning Sunday morning.. Sorry for the confusion. And-- we are still op. Life is good.

Rhonda, I am tickled that you knew what I was talking about. I think Sloan did, too. I know sometimes I sort of march to a different drummer. Maybe you two are in my parade with me?

Vickie, congratulations on having 2-15's down. You're doing great.

Maryann, congratulations to you, too. I hopped on the scales Sunday Am and was shocked to see I hadn't regained all I'd recently lost. Life is good.

Vickie
07-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Mary Ann, I'm happy with 31 but I still have 120 to lose. It'll take me a while. But, I'm a patient girl.

Thanks Sandra! I'm giving it my all.

I whined to my JC Counselor today that I'm tired of the food. She basically told me to get over it. She said I'll bet you eat the same 7 meals when you are on WW. It was hard to argue! Since starting JC I lost 10 inches. I'm pretty darned happy about that too.

What's funny is that I don't feel like I've lost anything. I guess I'm a head case.

BTW, I just had some asparagus and it was delicious. My challenge for the week is for everyone to eat a fruit or a veggie that they haven't had ever or not in a very long time.

blessedwithsarah
07-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Vickie - I love the challenge! There is a farmers market in my town tomorrow. I'll need to see what I can find that fits the bill!

Sloan, thanks for posting the magarita recipe. Can't wait to try it.

sloanie
07-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi chicks! I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I'm very happy with that although I think may have lost more, because despite the menopause fairy visit, I am having raging PMS :( I plan to continue counting points until I have reached goal. I have eight pounds to go, and as I told my dd, it will take me as long to do that as it will for her to lose 25 lbs.

I am so excited to read all of the positive posts!

Rhonda-I'm glad to hear that your day is going well. Hope your evening is just as nice.

Vickie-I am so excited for you! Keep focusing on the small goals, and the weight will be gone before you know it. Can you add veggies, fruit etc to your JC meals? I have been grilling veggies on the George Foreman with spices and canola oil spray. I grill them until they are a little brown and they are so delicious. Maybe you could do something like that. I have also read that grilled pineapple is awesome.

Paula-at my ww meeting today, the leader gave us the veggie/fruit challenge. I am pretty good with that anyway, but I will try to add something new.

Sandra-It seems like we are all on and off program, but it's so amazing that we all are still at it. I don't know how long you chicks have been posting, but I know that I started last summer. It is important to note that we have been working on our eating fairly consistently for the last year. Wow us :carrot:

Donna-I will be praying for your dh and for you. Hang in there and don't be too tough on yourself. We are here for you.

Maryann-I'm happy to hear about your blouse. It will be nice to have a choice of slacks to wear it with. Happy packing!

Hey Coco!

My plans for the evening are to bounce on my rebounder for ten minutes then "veg" on the couch. Have a good night chicks!

ontarget
07-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Vickie, I like the challenge, too. Curtis has now joined me eating lots of fruit. I'll see if I can find something new.

Sloan, you brought up something interesting. I don't know how long I've been here but it's been a few years.

Tejas
07-07-2009, 07:23 AM
2.4 pounds gone this week!

BBL, off to see personal trainer.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
07-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Congtatulations Sloan and Rhonda on your losses!! Keep it going!

Busy day running around. DH is just about done with our bedroom. We are hoping to move back in this weekend. My MIL offered to take dd overnight Saturday so we could get the upstairs organized. Not sure if we'll take her up on it or not. It would be nice to have a night out. We have always been ones to keep her close. She is 6 and has stayed away from us one night. We'll see...we have a few days to decide.

Off to get dd ready for camp then hit the road. Need to plan a breakfast too. Maybe I'll boil some eggs. BBL.

sloanie
07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Mornin' all

SSDD-same stuff, different day for me!

Congrats on the loss Rhonda! All of the exercising pays off in more ways than one! Besides the weight loss, I'll bet you feel stronger every day!

BBL to check on everyone. Have a good mornin'

Tejas
07-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi All:

Well, whatever muscles I have that aren't challenged by spinning and walking, will be by the personal trainer. There were 5 of us, and I love it that each of them is young enough to be my daughter. I never think that aging is much of an issue for me until I realize that I love keeping up with younger women!

Vickie, I told DH about your and DH's success with Nutrisystem and JC. He's curious but hasn't made any commitments. I wish I could get him a little more motivated. Perhaps it will come. I think it might be enough that I can get him to eat fish that isn't fried :rofl:

Spinning is this: you sit on a stationary bike in an upright position and pedal at different speeds, depending on the instructor's program for the day, or whatever you have decided to focus on that day.

The RPM is one full revolution of the pedal. So, at 90 RPM's you have made 90 revolutions of the pedal in a minute. Normally, you never go slower than 60, and never faster than 110 RPMs.

The bike has a resistance control knob right in front of you and that controls how much drag is on the flywheel. You feel the drag in the pedals and how hard you have to work to move them.

So, by controlling the resistance and the RPMs, you get a workout as guided by the instructor. Sometimes you have high drag and low speed, or high drag and higher speed...and so on. But, never low drag and low speed, except perhaps for the first few seconds on the bike. You don't do low drag and really high speed either. You want to feel some resistance on the pedals.

The class is 45 minutes long, with about 5 minutes at the beginning and end for warm up and cool down. Of course, the program is geared so that you are actually warming up for a longer period. About 10 minutes into the class you are really warm. In another 5 minutes I usually think I've lost my mind for being there. At the end of 45 I'm almost jubilant and definitely tired. Those endorphins are amazing.

There are different stages: strength, endurance, racing, etc. Each stage reflects some combination of resistance and RPMs and can also be measured by heart rate and perceived exertion. I use a heart monitor which helps me determine what stage I'm in.

For example, if the instructor says to go at 80% perceived exertion I know that is 80% of my maximum heart rate of 150. There is a chart on the wall that shows heart rate by age so you can see what stage you're in by your heart rate.

That's more that you ever wanted to know, I bet!

Paula: I love the reno stories. I can sooooo relate!

Donna and others: I echo the sentiments about your staying focussed during DHs' health problems. At times I think I haven't forgotten a second of my late husband's cancer treatment. I'm sure I have, but it is such a trial and it is so easy to lose yourself in it.

The fruit and veggie challenge is a good one for me. I eat lots of both and will have to find something new to try....or try to get DH to eat!

I'm taking the morning off! :woohoo:

Rhonda

beach bum
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES:)

So excited to hear all the good news about weight losses yesterday,see we can do it if we try,and during a holiday no less :carrot: YIPPEE FOR US :carrot:

I'm a little worried about the portions of meals they serve on these cruise. I'm planing to ask for smaller portions, and I'm going to walk around the 3rd deck 4 x's is considered a mile, is there anything else you can suggest that might help keeping me from messing up my weight loss success,as I have been on cruisers before and I gained 10-lbs on each of them,don't want to do that again.

SANDRA-I was one of them that didn't know what rebooting was ,I only knew it was a computer term. Glad that the scale showed a maintaining during the holiday weekend. Its easy in the summer to over indulge with all the BBQ's and PARTIES going on.

VICKIE-I'm really proud of you with losing all that weight and keeping it off. That so true what your JC Counselor told you,we area creature of habit and I guess that's the same way with meal. Big congrats on your 10 inches lost also.

Challenge sounds great, I won't be able to join you gals,as I'm eating what left in the refrig what to leave it empty just in case the electric goes out while we are away.

I have been going back & forth on the upper 1/2 of the 160's for a long time now,just how to able to bring it down ,even with my low calorie counting and portion control.

Leo thinks our scale is wrong,as the balance beam is not centering no matter how we fix it. The only place we have room for the doctors scale is in the kitchen across from the stove.Wonder if there grease build up on the inside mechanism,but how do you take it apart.

SLOAN--That wonderful losing 1.2 on a holiday weekend,big congrats:carrot: for doing that.Wish I had 8 more pounds to go, you're so close to goal that the reason it been taking that along.Thanks I will start packing by Thursday,after the washing & ironing is done.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 2.4 lb also,your spinning has really worked for you,burning all those calories.When I get back I'm going to try to up my reps not as much as yours but more than I have been doing.

PAULA-Once you finished with the house,I take you MIL offer and you can relax and enjoy your new surrounding.

Have a great day,will try to be back later.

Tejas
07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Maryann, the ship will have a gym, most likely. Ride the bikes!

coco99
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Everyone
Just gettting on to say "HI"
We got back on Sunday. But had several things to get done after we got home. Then yesterday. Trying to get caught up. And then got the new kitty. So trying to work with her. And had to go pay some bills then to WW.
I wish I hadnt went though. I gained 2 lbs. So am upset. I was pretty good. And the weekend I was really good. The only thing I can think of is salt.
I marinated chicken and squash in Italian salad dressing. And then the turkey keibolsa and canadian bacon. So guess I will really have to get the water in this week.
Couldnt get on line while camping. Their router was out.
Well got to go check on the washer and the kitty.
Will be back later.
coco

TechAlum
07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello All,

I'm procrastinating I need to go out and mow and I just don't want to. But it's supposed to get muggy later in the week and then I really won't want to :lol:

I did pretty well yesterday, definitely wasn't core but it was w/in my points. Today is lining up similar. I did finally get the dog walk in although it wasn't until I got home from knitting about 9:30pm. Today I'm going to go try out that spinning class I've been wanting to try, Rhonda you've inspired me.

Vickie - congrats on crossing that 30# mark. I remember feeling that way then I went to the store and lifted the bucket of kitty litter and realized it was about what I'd lost, so even though I was only a fraction of the way to my goal at least I wasn't carrying that around every day.

Maryann - Bar Harbor is one of my favorite places. DH and I went there as part of our honeymoon. I'd like to go back, but there's so many other places I want to see. Definitely lock for the gym like Rhonda said. I've never been on a cruise but on vacation I pack low cal snacks so I don't go into meals really hungry, helps me not eat everything they serve.

Sloan - Congrats on your loss too. Hang in there you'll get rid of those last 8 lbs.

Paula - I'd take MIL up on here offer, and have a relaxing night. But I know it can be hard.

Coco - Welcome back from vacation. Hang in there.

Rhonda - Can you send some of than exercise enthusiasm this way. I just hate it but I know I feel better when I do it.

Sandra - :o I figured it was something like that. Welcome back.

Well I should get a move on, unfortunately the lawn won't just mow itself.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Tejas
07-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Donna, if you like spinning, I'll be your e-spinbuddy! I can only say don't give up early on it. There were many days when I thought about that...even now, but I go, and am glad about it...

beach bum
07-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi I'm back,

RHONDA, thanks for the gym idea I forgot about the good old gym.Yes the bike would be excellent way to keep my calories at bay.

COCO,Welcome back, from your camping vacation,but sorry about your gain.It a great possibility that its sodium the keibolsa is the culprit,even the turkey is loaded with the white stuff. Drink lots of water to flush that bugger out.

DONNA,We love Bar harbor also, we went twice to see the puffins and twice we missed them. Hope they around this time,if not we still can see them in Sydney.

Have to close there's a thunderstorm heading towards is.

beach bum
07-08-2009, 10:08 AM

It was raining early today and now its suppose to be on & off for the entire day,and I have a hair styling and blow dry this morning,it never fails that we have inclement weather when I go to the beauty salon.

Have washing & ironing on the schedule today and and than some last minute items to pack.

See you gals later this afternoon

ontarget
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Rhonda, we have an :ebike: here in front of the tv. Maybe I'll spin a bit here. I know I won't do what a class does, but I'm guessing something is better than nothing. Tell dh I hope he gets motivated. This TX heat is going to get him if he's not careful. I have too much insulation and am paying for it. We worked (mildly) in the yard this am and I started overheating. I know a lot of that is my insulation.

Maryann, there will also be a lot of stairs on the ship.

Coco, what did you name your kitty? Just wondering. I used to have one named "Meow Meow." Rhonda, I'll bet dh remembers that cat.

Vickie, I want to tell you again how proud I am of you. You're inspiring me.

Tejas
07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Cat names: I had Kat and Kitty Kat at the same time :lol:

sloanie
07-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey chicks! We worked very hard today. DS and I painted the bathroom, moved some furniture, pulled up the carpet in the den, cleaned out two closets, and then I cleaned up the kitchen and cooked supper. I am officially exhausted.

Coco-I have had trouble with salt in the past. I am with Maryann, I'll bet the sodium in the meats that you ate are the problem. Drink, drink, drink!

Maryann-I sure hope you have good weather on your cruise. You deserve it. I hope you will not focus too much on food. You need to relax and have a good time. You don't need to use the cruise as an excuse to go crazy, but a few splurges won't kill you if you are exercising.

Rhonda-Love the cat names! My sister knows a guy who's name is Jimmy and his brother is James!

Sandra-Be careful in that heat! Don't forget to drink plenty of water before you work outside!

Donna-I'm so proud of you trying out the spin class. I have bought a rebounder (mini-trampoline) so I'm trying to start slowly. I'm hoping it won't make my hip hurt.

Vickie-I am so proud of your loss! 30 pounds is awesome!

Paula-How are you?

I'm going to rest on the couch for the rest of the evening. I hope you chicks have a great night!

Vickie
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'll be back after I shower and get dressed to catch up with all of you. I need to get ready for the cleaning lady to come.

Tejas
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Good Morning:

Vickie's cleaning house for the house cleaner; I'm headed out to work in the garden for about an hour and then go to the office; where's everyone else?

We had the second session with the personal trainer this morning. She had us running up and down slopes and staircases in the local park as well as the usual sit-ups, push-ups, stretches and things these :coach: do! It's fun...really, it is ;)

BBL

blessedwithsarah
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone. Its not raining today - supposed to clear out and MAYBE we'll finally have some sun. ITs been a miserable summer so far. All I can hope for is the week in August we go to Maine is sunny. I had a work dinner last night -- it was a great restaurant. I didn't do too bad - had a warm spinach salad (raw spinach with a warm onion/pepper relish on the side with some goat cheese) and then veal medalions on top of mushroom risotto and green beans. YUMMY. We all skipped dessert, but the 4 of us did split 2 bottles of wine. It was fun. I kept my points very low all yesterday knowing I was going out. I estimated the meal and I was only over 1 or 2 points for the day. So, it was a success.

Well, dd is going to MIL's house on Saturday am and we'll get her Sunday. Its our big moving day -- need to get our curtains and shades up, mount the TV on the wall, put down the rug, move all the furntiure in, move all the clothes in, get a shoe rack for me (I have way too many according to DH, he doesn't understand that I need 5 pairs of black heals!), then clean out the room we've been in so we can move DD into there on Sunday. After doing all that Saturday during the day, it will be nice to go out for a drink and dinner with just the two of us! I'll post some pics next week.

Vickie - our cleaning lady came yesterday. DH makes fun of me because I pick up before she comes. I figure I pay her to clean, not pick up dd's mess! Hope things are going well.

Maryann - when do you leave, Saturday? Should be nice weather for your trip out. Have fun!

Well, got to run. BBL

Vickie
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Sloan, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 1.2! That's an awesome loss when a person is as close to goal as you are. I love the idea of eating Core food whiles counting points. I guess that's the new Simply Filling, right? Keep it up! How's the rebounder going? I've always been tempted.

Rhonda....SPECTACULAR loss! 2.4 for one week. Triple woo hoo! No doubt that eating right and exercising is all the magic that is necessary. I just don't enjoy that exercise part. You'll be to goal in no time if you keep this up. Thanks for the information on spinning. I did want that much information so I'm glad you went to the trouble. If DH is weaning off of fried foods, then I'd suggest JC for him, and mostly the frozen line. It's most close to regular food. However, if he could get all of the Nutrisystem frozen and you could afford it, that would be the way to go. Jim got a free week of frozen and it was outstanding. Nutrisystem always has coupons and specials. He could try it and see if he likes it. Same with JC. It really is teaching us portion control. Now we fill up on fruits, veggies, salads and learn to slowly enjoy our small entree. Most of the lunches and dinners are between 220 and 290 calories. That's not much.

Thanks for the encouragement, Mary Ann. When do you leave on your cruise?

Coco, it's ok. Sometimes what we eat just makes us retain fluids. I hope you're pushing the water. I'm not enjoyig mine much lately and I know that's a problem for me since I'm a salt addict.

Donna, you'll get back in the swing soon. Did you get the grass cut?

Thanks, Sandra. Did you bike yesterday? I'm using a pulled muscle in my hip as an excuse not to exercise. I hope to be back in the saddle by tomorrow or Saturday.

Rhonda you are such a tease! I had to put all the junk away before she came. I'm like Paula, I want her to clean and scrub....not move all my junk around.

Paula, congratulations on being so good at your work dinner. That's not easy especially once one starts to consume alcohol.

I'm looking forward to my dinner out tonight. Last week it was 4 times out and I got spoiled. Only one this week!

Anyone tried any new fruit or veggie? I hope to go to the Farmers Market tomorrow to see what I can find.

Paula it's great you're letting DD go to MIL. It'll be fun for her and for you two. What great fun to move back into a renovated room. Can we see pictures?

beach bum
07-09-2009, 12:54 PM

I lost all my bookmarks this morning,Leo has his so there must be some thing wrong on my side of the computer. The server is not working properly.,have no idea why this happened. I'm posting only from my the history[where I was,and what web sites I went to for the last couple of days]

Today and tomorrow are going to be busy for me so I can't fool around than figure why I can't get in to any of message boards that I post.

SANDRA-Forgot about the stairs,we usually use the elevators.Some on on another board told me ,if the weather is bad I could walk along the cabin floors for the same amount of time being on deck 3. So I guess I if really want to exercise I have lots of choices.

SLOANE-Thanks,No I'm not going to focus on foods to much, but I will be aware that there are salad bars not only head to the pizza or burger & fries bars.I will have a goody now & than though.

PAULA-Saturday is the day,limo will pick us up at 12 and we'll be on the ship around 2ish. get to our cabin, fire drill and than leave Boston at 5PM.Hope its a nice day.

VICKIE]-Your welcome that what these board for,to support each other..This Saturday,for one week.

coco99
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Everyone
Just a quick stop in. Read a few post. But have to catch up.
Took the kitty to the vet this morning.
Vet thinks she is around 8 months old. Dont think she is going to have babies. But vet says she has been inheat. So said if I was going to have her spayed. to get it done as soon as possible. So she goes next Friday.
Oh we named her Patsy. She likes to purr and meow. Its like she is singing.
So she is sleeping right now. Got all shots and a wormer. Had round worms. So she isnt feeling too good right now.
What do you ladies think about getting her declawed also. Was thinking that. Because she will be inside all the time. I dont want her to scratch everything up. And tear up everything either. Vet did clip her claws today.
Well I better get off here.
Go catch up with everyone.
And get some stuff done.
So will be back later.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

ontarget
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
When we got Meow Meow, we also had Meyew Meyew (sp?) Called them Mow (rhymes with cow) and Mew (rhymes with new)

Sloan, sounds like you got a lot done yesterday. Thank you for the heads up on water. This morning was more "liveable." It was overcast and breezy. I did some training.

The guys are here putting up gutters. Our contractor says all will be finished tomorrow. We have doubts but are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's looking pretty good out there. I see new patio furniture in the near future. Life is good.

I'm going to a Ladies' Night Out with a church group tonight. We've been looking around for a church and think we've found "home."

Rhonda, you sound energized. I'm glad the exercise is working for you.

Paula, I still say I'd take some rain if you could send it. I hope you have sunny weather for your vacation. That would be a bummer if you don't.

Vickie, I am embarassed to say I did about 2 minutes :ebike: yesterday. I don't think that will get me to goal soon. I have a question about Nutrisystem. Does Jim have to go in weekly? Do you go weekly to JC? If one of them is monthly, I might be able to make the trip into Ft. Worth.

Maryann, and if you don't want to exercise while on your cruise--don't. Enjoy yourself. Not everyone gets to go on a cruise. Enjoy every minute.

Speaking of cruises--anyone heard from Frouf?

Coco, give Patsy a pat for me.

Vickie
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I weigh in at JC weekly and meet with the JC counselor because I need to. She told me they wouldn't make Jim have a personal meeting unless he wanted one. I know JC direct will ship the food direct to you but it wouldn't be the frozen because I don't think they ship that. You'd have to eat all the shelf stable food which I avoid. It wouldn't hurt to ask them if they'd let you come in once a month, have a meeting or not, and then order food for the next month. I've learned that every JC Center is different with their rules. Just do NOT sign up for more than a special 20 week program until you are absolutely sure you love it. They do some kind of sweet but high pressured sales none the less. They try to show how you could save soooooo MUCH money by signing up for the big package.

Nutrisystem is all shelf stable and all shipping and no meetings. If you do auto delivery with Nutrisystem directly, then you pay no shipping. You have to take two deliveries or they back charge you for the first shipping. You can delay your next shipment and make your own choices. If you order from QVC, you have a month to decide whether or not you like the food. If you don't like it, you pack up whatever is left and send it back to QVC and get a FULL refund for all the food, minus shipping. But, you get what they give you and it wasn't good. The savory snacks from Nutrisystem are awful but their candy bars are really good. There is absolutely NO doubt that Jim has been getting better food since he's been picking it himself. Nutrisystem has a couple of good looking dishes. Here's my advice here. It's likely to cost you more to order directly from Nutrisystem but that's what I'd do. I'd look for coupons and you both could do it for two weeks (on a one month plan) and see if you like it. Oh...and absolutely check out their frozen because ALL of it was great. They even had ice cream sandwiches. The JC folks are all jealous!

Jim and I just hit our 26 week point. And you know I'm down 31 and he's down 51. Jim walks on the treadmill nearly every day. He went from size 48 jeans to the size 40's that I just bought him but he's not quite into yet. I've gone down one size, since I was nearly busting out of the bigger size I was wearing!

Sandra, if I've confused you, let me know and I'll try to clarify.

coco99
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi Everyone
Well still havent got caught up with everyone
Had some paper work that had to be done.
Then some laundry.
And then keeping an eye on Patsy. And keeping the doggies from getting to her. She isnt feeling very good. Guess she is sore from all her shots today.
But I figure she will make up for it tomorrow.
Have to go to town tomorrow. Hubby got new glasses. But am going to have to take them back. He says the bifocal is too high. I hope I dont have to pay for new lenses again. Would think that would be their fault. So will see tomorrow.
Had a nice day today. Kinda warm. Some rain is suppose to be coming. But we do need some rain. The guy putting up hay behind our house. Says the field is really dry. Usually it has a wet area in it. But not now. So if it is dry. It is dry.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
hope everyone is doing ok.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

ontarget
07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Vickie, you didn't confuse me at all. Thank you for the information. I have another question. Is the frozen food sort of like WW's frozen foods? What do you think about my trying eating all WW frozen meals till I get myself jumpstarted? Just a thought. That way I wouldn't have to drive into Ft Worth and I wouldn't have to sign any contract. I could eat 3 WW meals a day and possibly add salads. And maybe eat WW treats for planned snacks?

Maybe that way I wouldn't have to go for counseling but could go to WW meetings if I need the counseling. I'm a lifetime member so I just have to pay for meetings I attend. I think the local leader would help me. I'm sort of getting myself excited here talking about this to you.

You and Jim are doing amazingly well. Congratulations to you both. I'm going to tell Curtis about your successes. He needs some inspiration, too.

Vickie
07-10-2009, 01:13 AM
I think the WW meals for lunch and dinner would be great; supplemented with fresh fruit and veggies. I'd eat a Core type breakfast though and skip the WW breakfast foods. I considered some of the WW desserts but didn't choose them because they, like the JC desserts, are sort of high in sugar. That's why I opted for the SBD and Zone bars; lower sugar, high protein (more filling) and good fiber. Try the desserts and see if it works. If not go to plan B. The only down side is that the WW meals are probably a bit higher than JC in sodium. Just drink lots of water and don't add any other salt. JC is a lot like the WW food but they'll never admit it!

Try it. If it doesn't work, JC and Nutrisystem are still there for options.

Vickie
07-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I eat some of the WW breakfasts for lunch instead of JC meals. I don't like very many of the lunches.

Vickie
07-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've got a lot to do this morning. Errands and a road trip. I probably won't be home until tomorrow.

beach bum
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Oh do I have computer whoooose ,this morning

My Computer is really screwed up. My Fire Fox Provider lost my Bookmarks and I have to go to all my message boards like a a new member.

I don't even have an forward back button every time I want to leave the site the computer brings me back to my home page.Leo side of the computer is working fine. Hopefully it will be back to normal by the time we get back.

Yesterday afternoon we started to hear strange noses [fluttering]in our chimney,so by late afternoon I saw a bird in back of our gas insert fireplace. Leo got the bird out and it flew to our cuckoo clock and than to window,that we opened for him to get out. It was a small mocking bird.

Oh just wanted you to know that I got on the scale and I maintained,so that will be my starting weight. Thanks for all your suggestions,and I will heed to them as much as possible. Hope that I don't see a gain in two weeks.

COCO-Leo needed reading glasses and got a prescription from the doctor,the lenses & frames were too expensive so he decided to to go to Walmarts and get magnifying glasses instead.They do the same purpose. Just a thought. I don't know about declawing,we never had our midnite declawed,yes she did ruin our couch when she was young,but that your decision.I don't believe in it.

SANDRA-I'm going to try to get the walking around the ship done at least once a day,if I can,and WATCH my portions.

WW used to have a food plan that some of the centers would sell called Personal Cuisine. It was fab as I lost my weight back in the early 90's that way, but they since seized to manufacture them anymore. The WW frozen entrees are to high in sodium,as our WW leader told us at that time..Be very careful of the processed foods,I think its not meant to be a every day meal,but one that when you have when you have no time to cook meal instead.

VICKIE-Thanks for giving us all the information on JC and Nutrisystem. I didn't think I would try any of them. I think calorie counting and portions are still the keys to success, but it which key opens the lock.

Have a great day,will try to get back to your sometime this afternoon if not I see you guys in one week.

ontarget
07-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Vickie, I think I'll try what you're suggesting. I'll do a "fruit" bfast then the WW tv dinners except when we're eating out. When we're eating out, I'll make the best choices I can. I'll let you know how Plan A works. Thank you for your help.

TechAlum
07-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi All,

Well, I have to say I give up. I know I feel so much better when I exercise and don't eat processed foods but I can't seem to do the right thing for more than 1-2 days. I really need to give myself a good :kickbutt: Oh well......

On a good note I have been walking the dog everyday for 30-45 min (trust me its at an exercise speed). But I haven't been on my bike all summer and I haven't been to the gym for a couple of weeks.

Maryanne - Have a fun trip.

Coco - I had my cat declawed in the front because he was an indoor cat. Doesn't seem to faze him a bit. I was on the fence about it until I came out of the bathroom at DH's (then my BF) and he had climbed up the wallpaper about 3 feet in the air. I decided that was it. When I got my dog at the humane society there was a lady there adopting a cat who asked about declawing and the woman at the counter said "we don't do that because we consider it in-humane". My thought was that what would have happened to that cat the first time he scratched my $100 Longenberger basket (his favorite scratching post) would have been "in-humane" :lol: Don't know that I helped you any.

Well I've gotta run get stuff for tomorrow's party here.

Have a great weekend everyone.

-Tech

Tejas
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, speaking of inhumane....the raccoons have torn up my yard for the last time!!! I bought some of that pepper based stuff that is supposed to repel them. I hate using it, but it worked. There were only about 6 small places overturned this morning. I'll be putting out more of the stuff tonight, hoping that there will be NO places disturbed tomorrow morning.

Donna, just do what you can do with exercise. 30 minutes a day is MUCH better than NO minutes at all. Much, much better.

Sandra, I'm with those saying watch the sodium content of the frozen dinners. I'm sure you know how to read the labels so don't overdo it....although if you're out in the sun sweating a little sodium won't hurt as much as it would otherwise.

I think I mentioned my BP to you all. I have just read an interesting and well-done study. The results were that it is not necessary to use meds to get a BP below 140/90 in people with hypertension in that there is NO difference in rates of stroke or heart attacks. Since my BP is often right around there, I'm hoping that with exercise, etc. I may not have to take meds.

I'm writing from work, and I've got to go back to considering our budget woes and related matters.

BBL,
Rhonda

coco99
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
ONTARGET
I love alot of the WW meals. But I have to be careful with those. They have alot of sodium in them. When I do eat them. I try to eat them right after I weigh in. And not close to weigh in.
I agree with Vickie with the SB bars. They are good. they have a mocha one. It is really good. And I get the dark chocolate covered soy nuts from SB also. They help when I am wanting chocolate.
Be back later.

Vickie
07-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Sorry Coco. I must have missed your post about the cat. Jim's cat was declawed in front but not back. Apparently, they can still defend themselves if the have back claws.

My Cameo was completely declawed and she never had a problem with it. But....I was NEVER going to let her be outside.

So...if it were me and she's an inside cat, I'd get at least the front done and probably all four.

ontarget
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll be sure to check the sodium numbers. Thank you for the heads up.

I had a cat that was declawed. She even caught a bird afterwards. I don't think she ever knew she had no claws.

sloanie
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey chicks!
The guys are here installing the tile in my bathroom. I am so excited! Tomorrow we will be able to install the new toilet. On Monday, the bedroom carpet will be installed, then I can get my bedroom furniture delivered. That will be so nice 'cause sleeping in the living room is getting old. I have been op so far this week. I really am hoping to be at goal by the end of August. Do you think that is reasonable?

Sandra-have you considered some of the healthy choice dinners? They are a little lower in sodium.

Rhonda-I wonder how many points would be in raccoon meat? ;)

Maryann-have a great time on your cruise!

Donna-Don't give up! I've heard from more than one doctor that although exercise is essential for health and does help accelerate weight loss, what you are eating is more important.

Vickie-hope your road trip was successful!

Coco-How's Patsy feeling? It is a big time commitment acclimating a new pet to your home.

Paula-:wave:

GTG get some work done. Have a great afternoon!

Vickie
07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Donna, you'll get back to it when you are ready. Just don't let yourself gain 45 pounds back like I did.

I'm certainly not trying to push JC or Nutrisystem. It's a good weigh to learn portion control. As soon as I get to goal, I'll be back at WW cooking Core.

Mary Ann, you could use WW meals to count point and do portion control. You'd just have to do the extras like we do.

ontarget
07-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I hear ya, Vickie. The main reason I'm thinking WW TV dinners is portion control. Who knows? By Tuesday AM I may be back at WW meetings. Can you tell I'm sort of going in circles looking where to land? I'm seriously thinking the TV dinner route.

Sloan, I'll look those dinners over. I used to eat Healthy Choice but it's been awhile.

It's 103* now. I was outside about 30 minutes setting up waterhoses/sprinklers. Not fun. However, I have all setup and don't have to go back out for about 1.5 hours. Life is good.

sloanie
07-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Sandra-didn't someone, maybe Maryann, say that they saved the little trays that the ww meals came in and used them to eat out of for portion control? I thought that was a good idea. Maybe you could do something like that. Also, if you google "divided plate for portion control", you will find several entries. Hope that helps!

coco99
07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi Everyone
not much going on here.
Had some errands to run today. Had to go to the bank. Then took hubby's glasses back. They are going to redo the lenses. The bifocal was too high. So will get them back sometime next week. I think.
Then had got some flea med for Pasty. But it was for the wrong weight. So took that back. But then the vet put some on her yesterday. It was a free dose. Didnt see any fleas. But you never know I guess.
Then came home. And havent gotten much done.
Patsy is keeping me busy. Making sure she isnt getting into things that she shouldnt. And the doggies will let me know where she is. I ask them. Wheres the kitty. And they go find her. She likes to lay under the couch, and the kitchen cupboard. We leave the basement door opened for her. Her litter box is down there. And her food and water. When she wants something to eat or drink. She goes down. But she has found the girls water bowl. And she is drinking out of it also. And when she has to go potty. She goes down. She is learning pretty fast. So that is good. Was afraid about her not using the litter box. After being outside. But she is doing good.
We decided to go ahead and have her declawed. We are just going to do the front claws.

ONTARGET WOW 103. And I thought it was hot here. Its 84. But feels warmer than that. It is also humid.

SLOANIE sounds like things are coming along with your remodeling. I bet you cant wait until things get back to normal. But how exciting to have new things.

VICKIE Hope you had a good trip.

TECHALUM I need one of those kicks myself. I am having the same trouble you are. And then I gained last week. So I have been bad all week. So I know the scales wont be good again next week. I just dont know how or what to do to stay on track. But together we can get there.

TEJAS Hope the coons leave soon. Hope you get off your BP meds soon.

BEACHBUM Will miss you. Have a wonderful time on your trip.

Oh ladies. I am so sorry I wrote a book. You are probable tried of hearing about Patsy. So next time I am on here. I will try not to talk about her.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

coco99
07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi Everyone
Just checking in for a few.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We are suppose to have rain and storms off and on today.
Had a little storm earlier. And a downpour. But it didnt last long enough.
Well got to go and get busy.
Be back later.
coco

Tejas
07-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi All:

When I came out of spinning class at 9:45, Toronto was having a torrential downpour, with lightening and thunder like is rarely seen here. WOW! It passed fairly quickly but not before it knocked so many street lights that the radio announcers warned people not to trust any light and to approach them all carefully. DH said that the lightening and the crash came at almost the same time, and that this happened more than once.

I'm just so glad that I was inside, and I feel very sorry for anyone who might have been out on Lake Ontario.

Sloanie, raccoon meat might be very tasty, whatever its point count. They are certainly fat. And, today they were back! I've been to the garden shop to talk to them and they have told me to stake down chicken wire. Guess what I'm doing this afternoon!!!! :tantrum:

I hope you're all having a great day.

BBL,
Rhonda

Coco: Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not on any BP meds; I'm trying to get enough exercise and lose enough weight that I bring my BP down without drugs.

ontarget
07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Sloan, thank you for the tips. I'll use them.

Coco, it's humid here, too. Our heat index was 106*. But on a good note--our temps are supposed to drop a point each day for a few days.

Rhonda, I'm glad you were inside, too.

Tejas
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, we spent hours cutting and staking down the sod with chicken wire and stakes. It could have been worse but my lawn is small.

Now, we're going to go get my godson's son who is behaving badly at a family wedding!

The fun never ends around here :rofl:

coco99
07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi
Well. Not much happening here.
Going to a cook out tomorrow at my parents.
So Mom wanted me to make hot dog chili. So did that. Then I made fruit salad. And got a cake in the oven. The one where you use berries the cake mix and pop. And going to put potato's with carrots and yellow squash on to cook when I go to bed. Got them in the crock pot. Got a little canola oil on them with Ranch dressing mix. So dont know how that will be. Hope it turns out. Never fixed it in the crock pot. Have done potato's with the ranch mix and oil. But baked them in the oven. So we will see.
Then done laundry. Just have to do towels and son's work clothes. But I am going to stop for tonight.
Well I am going to get off here. Need to check the cake.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Have a great day tomorrow if I dont get on here.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
:broc: IT worked!!! No raccoon damage!!! :carrot:

Tejas
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Slow day out there! I hope you're all having a great day.

We went out to brunch and I had Eggs Benedict (with salmon) and the BEST Hollandaise sauce I've ever eaten. But, I didn't eat much!! Nevertheless, it's salad for me tonight.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey chicks! DS took his computer to a friend's house, so I was AWOL for awhile. We are painting today. The tile is finished in the bathroom and looks great. The carpet for the bedroom is supposed to be put in tomorrow, but we are having a big storm, and I think they were gonna cut the carpet outside in the morning. I hope they can come!

Rhonda-I hope the chicken wire does the trick. If not, maybe you could fashion a trap out of it and come up with a recipe for racoon ragout :devil:

Sandra-I hope y'all cool off soon!

Coco-you sound as busy as I am!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'll check in later.