Old 07-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Default re-Newbie

Hi! I was here very briefly in the spring. Started off great guns, and almost immediately got a horrible cold that lasted three weeks, then lots of stress at work -- etc. etc. I knew if I tried to truly commit to a weight loss or lifestyle change plan I'd fail, so I stopped.

The good news is I haven't gained anything these past few months, which is a first. I've varied a pound or two either way, but I'm still around 278. I'm a teacher, so (in theory!) the summer should be quiet enough for me to take the time and have the focus to at least start changing years and years of bad habits.

I'm doing WW on line. I love the etools and I really really REALLY love the new site -- the "cheatsheets" on the front page (listing ingredients, points, suggestions, etc.) are very helpful.

Started officially today and so far, so good. I've been reading this board and learn something every time I come here. It's a terrific board, and you're a great bunch, so I'm happy to join in again.
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #2  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Welcome, it really is a great place!
I found it two weeks ago and it's great to come here and know other people understand what you're going through.
You CAN do this!

Rooting for you,
Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Mollie! Summer is a great time to get started. So many fresh vegetables and fruit, gorgeous weather, all these things working towards helping you start out on a new, healthier lifestyle Good luck!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back!

Sounds like you are in the right mindset and off to a great start!

I have the etools, too but haven't really used them yet. Perhaps I'll get online this evening and explore a bit further.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Thanks very much, Ashley, Jaime and LitChick. Got through the first day. Within points, still low on fruits and vegetables, BUT I did not turn to junk snacks (one of my main sins) when I had an opportunity. It's a process!

Ashley, this is a great place -- I read it for several weeks before I joined the first time and liked the attitude of people here.

Jaime, I thought the same thing -- summer is the time of fruits and vegetables. One of my goals is to start cooking again -- and "cooking" includes making salads; anything that's more work than heating a TV dinner.

Litchick, I found that the more I used the etools the more useful they became. Being able to put in favorite foods, and keep the recipes handy is helpful for me. I hope you find ways it's helpful for you.
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote