Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/176/165

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Wink Hallllooooo out there

Hello all....brand new here as of today. Already well into my weight loss.....needing 13 more pounds to complete to my goal and then of course, set a new one.

I hate veggies and struggle with only eating one or two types. My system is pretty simple and so far it's worked - I'm a results kind of girl I live and die by the scale I weigh in whenever I walk by it. I plug all of my info into my iPhone and pretty much do whatever it says in terms of calories and exercise.

I am looking for people like myself who really understand what it is to finally have successful weight loss = because frankly I think everyone else in my life is SICK OF HEARING IT!! Give me a shout if you would like to share stories, tactics, rules, recipes for anything without veggies lol

and oh yeah.. I like this guy
spleenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You have found a wonderful resource in 3FC. I know exactly what you are talking about. My DH was sick of hearing all the details of my plan every day! Thankfully, I found 3FC. The folk here are MUCH more willing to listen and understand!

Congrats on your loss so far! Sounds like you have a plan that is working.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi and

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleenqueen View Post
I am looking for people like myself who really understand what it is to finally have successful weight loss = because frankly I think everyone else in my life is SICK OF HEARING IT!!
I don't talk to my family or friends because they can empathize but can't understand because they haven't been there. I post here daily and really feel a bond with others who are "in the same boat".

Best wishes on reaching your goal.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #5  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

We are always willing to listen to every detail....honestly we all have been there and we can talk discuss and analyze and do data ....lol Welcome!!!
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #6  

Hello spleenqueen.

I've been reading really good stuff on weight loss diet programs at http://www.goweightlossdiets.com, so far so good!
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #7  

thanks y'all it seems like I have REALLY stumbled on the right place! I've been reading some success stories and even though I don't know you all personally I am so proud of the people I have seen here so far! It's amazing!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #8  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 351/351/220

Height: 5'9"

I'm a newbie as well. Good luck on your journey!!
Gigglesquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #9  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I just had to say hello. Your thread name caught my eye. It reminded me of Winnie the Pooh... I think it was Tigger who said it like that.

Anyway, hello and welcome. I know what it is like to not have the support of people in your life. But I am sure you will love it here, and find support!

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 07-06-2009 at 08:18 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #10  

Arrow

Hello curves....thank you for saying hi - you seem to be along the same starting point and general weight loss as me...when did you start and what are you doing, how are you doing it? Your goal is 140 mine is 165 but I am taking a break after 165 for a cruise! After that resetting my goal for 140 as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #11  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Hi again.

To be honest it has been on ongoing process. I went from 218 to about 175 quite a few years back, mainly through diet, exercise, and finally finding out I had a thyroid problem. I was happily maintaing that, until this past year. I've been through some personal things, and as a result my weight had crept back up to 189.

I decided it was time to get rid of what I had regained, and the rest of it as well. June 23rd I stared the Alli program. Watching and tracking what I eat, and sticking to the plan. Since then I have lost 9 pounds. This week I also started getting back on track with my exercise program. I love to alternate between Jillan Michaels's 30 Day Shred, and Richard's Simmons Dance Your Pants Off.

Hope things are going well with you.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote