100 lb. Club - Went shopping tonight

View Full Version : Went shopping tonight

cfmama
07-05-2009, 12:22 AM
For some underwear and bra.

So those of you that are familiar with the Just my size underwear know that they start at a size "9" and go up from there. I didn't know that. So I started in a 13 and worked my way down. The last ones I bought 6 weeks ago were a 9. So I head in there tonight expecting to buy exactly the same underwear, in the same section, in a size 8.

Except I can't.

Because they don't make them in an 8.

Small squee inserted here ;)

So I had to buy a DIFFERENT style in the "regular" size section in an 8.

And they fit wonderfully. They SHOULDN'T according to the measurements. But they do.

So feeling a bit shell shocked but bolstered by this find I then move on to the bra section. I've not been able to buy a bra in a departement store for 12 years. I've been up to a 48 FF!!!! So my bra's are getting HUGE on me and I knew it was time. I never figured I'd be able to find anything...

So I grabbed a really pretty, soft 40DD off of the rack and tried it on. And it fits. IT FITS!!!!!! No spillage, total coverage FITS FITS FITS!!!!

Me! A DD!!!!

sigh. it was a good night :)

Lachelle
07-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Hooray! You are such an inspiration!!

I went shopping with a friend a week ago, and found the cutest jeans on the clearance rack at Dress Barn (a store I had never been in before, cuz I thought it was all skinny girl clothes.) The jeans were a 22, and I tried them on , and they were too big. I started at a 26, and had been still wearing the same jeans, with a belt. I thought I was maybe a 24. The 22's were too big! I had to send my friend back out to see if the same pair was there in a 20, and they were! *so glad*

Windchime
07-05-2009, 02:16 AM
I can hardly WAIT to be in smaller bras. I have a vague recollection of being able to wear a DD or a DDD back when I was thinner (165 or so), but that was a loooooong time ago and I don't know if I'll ever get back to that cup size. I'm in a 36G right now and would love to be in D's again, so I'm hopefull--now that I see your girls have shrunk a little, maybe mine will too!

TraceyElaine
07-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh the mythical and mysterious Department store bra. I too wish to someday have one of my very own. He he.

Congrats on you awesome NSV.

mj5
07-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Fantastic!!! How exciting!

DCHound
07-05-2009, 08:44 AM
OMG we are the same size on top! I started in a 48DD (stretched to the max, I'm sure it was waaay too small a size for me) and am now in a 40DD!!! Strangely, I haven't lost any cup size in the last <>120 lbs...I'm not complaining of course! I've been buying the Lane Bryant underwear and the 14/16s are getting a bit roomy...I think that means I may have to visit (gulp) Victoria's Secret next, since it's the exact same underwear just with a different store name on it...OK that's freaking me out a little. :)

caryesings
07-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for letting me know that the cup size will decrease. I've been dropping band sizes but so far am in the same cup. It's hard enough to find an "H" cup, was not looking forward to trying to even order a 38H.

Rosinante
07-05-2009, 09:20 AM
All this naughty underwear! Woohoo!

wanttobethinandtrim
07-05-2009, 09:56 AM
you must feel amazing and you should.keep up the good work.i'm just starting my journey and hope i do as well as you.good job and keep on losing!!!!;)

rockinrobin
07-05-2009, 09:56 AM
FABULOUS!!!!!!!

I started out at a 44DD and am now a 34 D. And that D is a barely. But the C's are a tad too small.

sigh. it was a good night

There are so many more "good nights" headed your way. And mornings. And afternoons. :)

BarbPA
07-05-2009, 10:01 AM
What an awesome shopping night! :D My tatas are shrinking as well! Lovin' it! Can't wait for the day I can walk into Victoria's and shop for ME! Not just stand around while my skinny girlfriends shop. ;)

Trazey34
07-05-2009, 10:29 AM
NOTHING can be more disheartening than bra shopping, maybe only bathing suit shopping can be more miserable LOL so to have a VOB (victory over bras) is wonderful omg I bet you were on cloud nine - and department store bras probably saved you a ton of $$$$ to buy MORE :D

Rosinante
07-05-2009, 10:41 AM
"VOB" - lol!

bindersbee
07-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the NSV! I'm so excited for you! Smaller NORMAL sizes and less boobage are wonderful things to be celebrating.

Slashnl
07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Awesome! It's a great thing to get out of the "specialty" sizes.

I'm not quite so large up top, but I told my DD the other day that I might have to take in my bra on the sides. Too much fabric. (I was kidding, of course, but...) Same with underwear. I haven't gone to get new ones yet, but I know I need a smaller size. The ones I have are now sticking out of the top of my shorts/pants. Kind of makes me laugh.

LisaF
07-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for letting me know that the cup size will decrease.

Well, they probably will, but they might not. I started out a 46DDD and at one point I was in a 40D but I'm currently a 36DD/borderline DDD. I hope I'm going to permanently get out of the DDD (because they are a real pain to find in smaller band sizes) but at this point I have no idea what my breasts are planning.

Lisa

chickiegirl
07-05-2009, 12:31 PM
That sounds like one amazingly successful shopping trip -- good for you -- you've earned it!! :)

Windchime
07-05-2009, 12:35 PM
But remember, girls-- a DDD cup in a 36 band is much, much smaller than a DDD in a 46 band. If you were to put on your 46DDD and somehow make the band small enough so it was snug, my guess is that the cups would be way, way too big.

Having said that, LisaF, I can relate to your struggles. I wear a 36G and I have no idea what I will do if I go into 34 band territory. I have to drive to Seattle (or shop online) to buy a bra now; I would think that a 34G would be even tougher to find. If my boobies don't get significantly smaller (like D or DD), I am considering a reduction. I'll wait till I'm at goal to decide, but I'm tired of lugging these things around!

WildThings
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the underwear shopping! I am finally back into all my cuter underwear bought years ago at Victoria Secret (hit a huge sale on their PINK line!). Bra's are becoming much easier to buy also. I can imagine how difficult it is to find a small band/large cup, but I think it's just as difficult to find large band/small cup (40B). I am a little worried that with almost 60lbs gone, I am down to a 38A...I really am not ready to go back into training bras!

Alana in Canada
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

That is great news.

cfmama
07-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Yep. I'm a sexy beast ;) lol!!!!

I couldn't freaking believe it! I think I'll die of shock the day I can shop at Victoria's secret!!!

Windchime
07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
There is nothing like a new bra to really make a girl feel better. I don't know about you guys, but when I get a new bra that FITS, I look like I've lost about 20 pounds just because the girls are up where they belong and aren't jiggling around!

Jen415
07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Yep. I'm a sexy beast ;) lol!!!!

I couldn't freaking believe it! I think I'll die of shock the day I can shop at Victoria's secret!!!

I bet you can now!! Give it a try!!

Numina
07-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh, and here we see how CFMama is really just more naturally called HOTMama! Her poor husband! How is he going to cope with this wild, crazy lady AND hot new lingerie?

Congratulations on a really cool NSV, Tammy --- I think you better pick up a Victoria's Secret catalog and start browsing, because you will be in there buying outrageous and dangerous garments in the very near future!

The better to move like this, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygctbqBijFk

TamiL
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Congrats on the size 8 underpants! That is truly an NSV:)

On the bra side of things.....Many of you are talking about going down in band size but did you ever get professionally fitted? I ask that because it makes a world of difference in the way you feel and quite frankly the way you carry your girls, LOL My daughter has been badgering me for many years to go to an actual bra store and have this done. I had always resisted and decided that I could just wear a 38DDD. This particular bra size rode up my back but it was the only one with big enough cups for my girls. A few months back I decided that I would have it done. Much to my surprise I found out I was actually a 32G (Have to go back now cause the 32 part is now getting a bit loose). My profile is so much better and my back feels alot better. I just wish that I had done this 10 years ago! Sorry to be so long winded. Just my two cents

Charbar
07-05-2009, 08:04 PM
I can't wait for smaller boobs!! DD on my 5 foot frame looks nasty while jogging!
congrats on the new smaller sizes :)

Arctic Mama
07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
What victories! Congratulations on your graduating to store sizes!

luvja
07-06-2009, 12:35 AM
:carrot: WOOOO HOOOOO!!! :carrot:

Windchime
07-06-2009, 12:58 AM
TamiL, I got fitted a couple of years ago when the guy I was with said, "It doesn't look like your bra fits right!" Ouch, embarassing! Like you, I was wearing a band size that was way too big so that I could fit into the cups. I think it was a 40DD or something. Turned out that at the time, I was really a 38G. There are no bras that size in this town; no wonder I didn't know! I didn't know you could even GET a G cup!

I'm now a 36G (again, I was measured for that). I bet a lot of women are making the same mistake; buying a bigger band size because they're trying to get coverage in the cups. Before, I always hated underwires because they jabbed me under my armpits or stuck out funny in front; as it turns out, an underwire bra that is the correct size feels GREAT and I can wear it all day without even thinking about it!

momof5k
07-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Congratulations on a wonderful shopping trip!!

All this bra talk has got me wanting my own new one :)

david
07-06-2009, 01:48 AM
i guess shopping thread means bra thread!!! my take...with 3 daughters and 1wife, im tired of bras all over the house!!!

TamiL
07-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Windchime, I like the underwires too now! When your bra fits the darn things don't seem to poke or pinch anymore. My daughter who is 16 has been wearing a 38D for some time now refusing to believe that she needs to go get fitted. Yesterday I finally got through to her. I took her in my room and had her try on a 32G (all I had, LOL) and lo and behold.......the darn thing fits her much better than the cutesy little number she had on. She was afraid that if I took her to get fitted she would have to wear a full coverage bra like mine. I explained to her that they have sleazy styles too (she dresses in way too little for my taste, LOL Thats what being 16 and having absolutely no belly can do for ya). So we will be heading back to the bra shop when school starts again.