Mini-Goals - Just shy of 40 pounds!

View Full Version : Just shy of 40 pounds!

apb
07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I just wanted to thank you all for this community. I'm a man mind you, but I really think you ladies are an inspiration and I have been dieting for about 3 months now and I'm down 36 pounds. For me that marks quite a bit over 10% of my original body weight (292 then) and I can say that it's this community that inspired me to do it.

Granted I haven't lost as much as you all, yet, but I'm getting there, and just wanted to say thanks.

And no diet systems for me, its strictly a lifestyle change, eating smaller or smarter portions, and drinking less beer (difficult when you just turn 21) but its made a world of difference. I just need to get my butt up and to the gym, all this weight loss has been only dieting so far.

Madison
07-04-2009, 09:43 PM
CONGRATS!!!! Particularly on makin sustainable life changes :) Well done.

katiekate31
07-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats!! You're doing so well!

I'm new to the community as well and have been reading through all the success stories hoping to soak up some inspiration to become one myself! This is one motivating board though, I'm feeling very optimistic!

I'm sure you'll continue to move towards your ultimate goal, and I hope you find all the motivation you need here!

Katie

Onederchic
07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
That is amazing! Congrats :hug:

CountingDown
07-04-2009, 10:22 PM
:bravo:
Great job so far! Your plan is a good one, and very sustainable! I can't wait to read of your next success! Keep it up!

shrinkingleah
07-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Congrats on your weight loss so far. It is really important to make changes to your life that you can keep doing forever. Congrats on turning 21 and making these changes while you're still young. I'm 20 and so glad I am making the change to healthy now.