Old 07-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Going down the plughole!

Feeling very odd today. Very tired, keep falling asleep. Have had to really force myself to log foods, every thing just feels way too much effort. I feel really leaden, really heavy, really meh. I'm not in a bad mood about anything, I'm not despondent about my weightloss, quite the contrary, just meh. Odd. Don't like it.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Could it be your issues with your friend bringing you down since that's dragging out? Or residual lethargy from all the heat you all have had lately?

I have meh days too. Be kind to yourself, nap if your body wants it, do something nice for yourself like a read a good book or watch a happy movie. Or come here and talk to us. You'll feel better soon, I'm sure!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You sound like you might be coming down with something. Maybe take some hot tea, cuddle up with a good book and wake up tomorrow with a brighter day.

*hugs to you* my friend.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #4  

Me 2!!!About TOM for me.Eating and tired.Going to nap then read a good book and try to stay away from kitchen........
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Yeah, I'm feeling that way too. Kind of meh.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

It does sound like you are coming down with something.
Pamper yourself.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

AW that doesn't sound like you from all your other posts, i second the pamper yourself suggestion, hope you feel better tomorrow!
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Relax and do something nice for yourself. Hugs!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

Thanks, guys. Feel a bit more human today, still feel very bloated, although I'm not particularly! Got on the scales and I'm half a pound up on last Wednesday, which seems fine for a mid-week fluctuation and given that I haven't eaten good stuff this week, tho keeping to the calories.

Busy day today, conducting a wedding withing the Mass in a couple of hours. Got my mother with me. Got to go do a bit of shopping, I just wimped out yesterday, got nothing much in to eat. OK for me, not so good for guests.

Hope all USAers had a great 4th yesterday! We miss our colonial cousins!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I'm glad you're feeling better today, Ailidh. Sometimes I just have an unexplained day where I feel fatigued and just don't want to participate in life. When my Mom has those days, she takes a "break from reality" day. She skips the gym, doesn't answer the door or the phone, and hunkers down with a good book. Takes a nap. She doesn't fight it; she just gives her body what it needs. That's a little tougher for those of us with jobs, kids, and other responsibilities, but it sure sounds nice, doesn't it?

The 4th was good. And it seems that now we have our own place, we have a soft spot for our British cousins as well!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

Thanks, chime!

About 20 years ago (good grief) I used to work on a US military base in England. There I discovered the concept of 'mental health day'. As far as I could tell, it was to cover exactly those days when life is too heavy and you need to hide in a cave. It's one I've tried to hold to ever since, I don't take the days often, and I'm lucky to live alone and in a job where, apart from a few key things in the week, my time's my own. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it yesterday, not only a mother to entertain but a (dear sweet lady) mother who, if I even hinted at feeling unwell, would ask me about it every 10 minutes throughout her visit and refer back to it regularly throughout the rest of my life. (Did I hear anyone shout 'Not another emotional issue, Ailidh? :wink: )
Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
(Did I hear anyone shout 'Not another emotional issue, Ailidh? :wink: )
Ummmm, no ::: looking around guiltily::::

Kidding! Seriously, though, I have been known to take a mental health day from work. I did it just a few weeks ago. Lucky for me, my boss is flexible and when I say, "I don't feel well and need to leave", he says, "OK, feel better" and off I go. I came home, made some iced tea, and sewed on a quilt all day long.

Sometimes our psyches and our emotional states don't fit neatly into the box that is our daily life, and we need a break or a nap or just to mentally check out. And I totally understand about not saying anything to your mom; my mom is the same way. She called me for weeks--every day--when I had a very, very minor heath incident a few weeks ago.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #13  
Happy Plodder

Hopped on the scales this morning for a reality check - and I'm back down to the 177.8. Pleased that even on a life's-mugged-me day, I'm sticking to the plan. Now to lose that point eight.