Weight Loss Support - FRIED BOLOGNA ~ 5lb Loss GUARANTEE!

Pages : [1] 2 3

EZMONEY
07-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Ruth has shut us down :mad:

Start us up team...

be back soon...

mrsaugie
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
well i hope that everyone is having a good weekend i know that i am so far. spending it making fire wood for this winter. anyway. i am up to 185 now i really have some work cut out for me to get back on track. any way i will be back later.

Ruthxxx
07-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Just to show I have SOME compassion, here's the link to the old thread. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169540)

I got on the scale this morning and was horrified to see I'm getting way too close to 200 again. Ya think it might have something to do with wine, gin and tonic and ice cream over the past week? Back on track RIGHT NOW!

dutchgirl
07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
MrsAugie and Ruthie, you go girls!
I have just had a week vacation, so it is high time I exerted a bit of self-discipline as well. And as warm as it is here, it will be hard to give up ice-cream...

mtiger
07-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks Gary for getting us up and running again.

Has anyone actually eaten fried bologna??? I've never really liked bologna, but I know people do fry it.

Did my 5k walk this morning, with friends. I get so bored just walking. I wanted to break into a jog several times. A deer came crashing out of the woods right behind me. Just about ran over a guy. That was fun.

Scale is down a bit and TOM should be tomorrow. I hope I have a jump on some poundage loss. Just ate KFC and it was yucky. I tried the new grilled stuff. It was just slimy. Could have made a better choice there.

Enjoy the 4th. See ya tomorrow.

dutchgirl
07-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey Mindy, the grilled stuff has to be better than the fried stuff? At least calorie-wise?
Though you don't make it sound very appetizing...
I steer well clear of KFC, I just like it too much. My supermarket sells beautiful chickens in an ovenbag, preseasoned and well, all I have to do is pop'm in the oven and they come out all moist and yummy. I made a dill and mustard seasoned chicken yesterday, which will last me for a few more days.
I had forgotten about ovenbags and how well stuff cooks in them.

EZMONEY
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
HI TEAM :)

Well our 4th came and went without a lot of surprises. We had 17 people over, family and friends. A little less than our normal but some that come to our BBQ's had other 4th plans....more for me...that's the problem ;)

I wasn't as bad as I could have been. I had one hot dog, chips and potato salad for lunch. We ate early so those could leave and do other things if they wanted to...they all stayed. We had plenty left-over during the day so I snacked just a bit on more chips ....we had all flavors and salsa and dips...then for dinner I had a burger and a hot dog without buns and some watermelon. Angie made a killer apple pie and an apple crisp with apples from a tree that hangs over into my son's yard...she got amazing reviews from the crowd :) I skipped it, but then I usually do skip the sweet things. So all in all not too bad.

Burned off a few calories playing bean bag toss, shuffleboard and frustrations over my Dodgers when I would come in to watch a bit of the game. I did get 4 miles in when Angie and I walked to Starbucks in the morning.

Well I need to un-crate the mutts...

be back soon ~ Gary

mrsaugie
07-05-2009, 03:23 PM
well i had a surprise this morning when i stepped on the scale it was down to 183.6. i just had to see after feeling like i over ate last night to see where i was at. my normal WI day is on monday so i will let everyone know the official weight some time tomorrow. but i just had to share that.

weegreenlassie
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
4th of July was fun, but there was too much celebratory eating for me!!! I think I ate more than I do most weeks last night.. (ugh) and my tummy is making me all kinds of sick today :p I guess payback is in order.
It's shocking how many calories you can pack in without alchohol involved.. :P *sigh*
Oh well-- Today's a new day, and I started with Shredded Wheat and a Nectarine ;) I have a watermelon and some sandwich fixins, as well as a salad waiting for me at home. Yummmm :)

P.S. Yes, I have had, and love, fried bologna. Well-- at least I USED to eat it.. like the Good Southern Girl I was growing up! :)

mtiger
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I had a really nice compliment last night. My son's friend (haven't seen in a while) said "MA, you are looking really good. I mean like really thin." Wasn't that sweet. Of course I then went on to eat 2 slices of pizza and 3 breadsticks. OOPS!!!

Ran a quick mile and did some arm workout last night. The pizza has me up a tad. Well, back at it today.

blondebritbrat17
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Mtiger-AWWw that is so sweet! That had to make you feel good. Thanks for telling us about the new KFC chicken not being so good. I had wondered about it since they are advertising it like mad right now..

Wee-Sounds like a good food plan..

MsAugie-here's a Early congrats since it is before your official weigh in day.

EZMONEY-That sounds like a nice party..

I just got back from another check up at the doctor. He was very pleased to know how much better I was feeling and I think he could see it a bit already in my face and we have concluded that lack of sleep is 99 percent of the problem and that yes I have just been plain sick this year from the mono and all of the infections I've had and germs I got from the kiddos but all of this was made worse by no sleep. He then brought up exercise..and just lifestyle changes and we talked quite a bit about it. He did say I need to exercise and that will help with sleep and take off some weight and that I would probably feel even better. That's the first time he's ever really said that and recommended I lose weight and after how horrible I've felt this year I'm taking it seriously this time. He was glad to know I wasn't doing much of anything this summer and this summer will be MY time to establish some good habits and change some habits. So I'm excited. I've really come to the realization that I don't take care of myself I thought I did but I don't. Anyways have a great day everyone!

P.S. I have eaten fried bologna too..

Shannon in ATL
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I've eaten fried bologna... It was a staple meal item in my house as a child.. Loved it... tried to fry my own as an adult and it is never as good as what I remember... :)

mrsaugie
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
well at least i did not gain anything i am still at 183.6.

mtiger don't worry about it. the important thing is you did not seem to ever do it. you still got a comliment so that has to count for something.

EZMONEY
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
My dad took the same sandwich to work every day....Oscar Mayer cotto salami, longhorn cheese, bread and butter pickles on butterd Wonderbread. Now I assume that balogna had to be cheaper even back then because that is what us kids got for lunch :)

Now, bologna gave me heartburn even as a child, I didn't mind it...kind of liked it really but owww...my tummy. Mom finally made my sandwiches with dad's salami....:) And yes we had it fried many times...loved it :)

Angie and I got the KFC grilled chicken a few weeks ago for lunch while working on our son's house...6 of us there that day...we all liked it :?: And I would be one to say...oh no...give me extra crispy only!

MRSAUGIE ~ Congrats on the "no change" :)

MINDY ~ So how does it feel to be the "hot mom" ;)

SHANNON ~ :) Hello

BRAT ~ Yep the party was fun :carrot: So glad to hear "good things" coming out of you on your health!

KAT ~ Glad you had a fun 4th and are back on track!

DUTCHGIRL ~ I too had forgotten how good oven bags work! Thanks for the reminder!

RUTH ~ You are welcomed here any time!

JULES ~ SUPER J....all of you...come on back!

dutchgirl
07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey everybody, good morning.
Just a quick comment on tastes from the past: I used to love rootbeer floats, so I was thrilled to bits when my supermarket the other day all of a sudden had a few cans of rootbeer. They just don't sell that stuff here, the Dutch have no idea what rootbeer is. Well, bought one, got some ice cream, went home, made the float and... BLEH!
It didnt taste at all like I remembered, and I didn't enjoy it at all, so it went down the drain I'm afraid. won't be trying that again.
Have a great day everybody, from hot humid Amsterdam.

Hey, it just started to rain. Hard. Maybe that will bring some relief!

EZMONEY
07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry your rootbeer float wasn't all you had hoped for Dutch. Although I stay away from them now...I love them using Henry Weinhard root beer or their orange cream soda and vanilla ice cream....oh my goodness!

blondebritbrat17
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Dutchgirl-Sorry about your root beer float.. Never really liked them but my husband does.

I just got home from the vet and taking the baby (lab) to get his second round of puppy shots. Now he's very excited to be home. The vet and I talked a bit about exercising him and I think I have a better idea of what he needs and how to handle some things I've noticed since he is totally different behavior wise from my other dog due to the breed. I think I have a lot of work ahead of me with him and I think I'll be getting more exercise for sure. He gave me a bit of a hard time today. I definitely need to work on my upper body strength as well after what happened today ha :-). I at one point had Rowdy in a headlock trying to get a look at his mouth after finding what looked to be a huge industiral type metal staple in his mouth and he was just chewing away on it. That just didn't work out very well-me having him in a headlock ha as some of you can imagine. No clue where he got it either. I'm doing good eating I think. I'm definitely resisting the urge to munch which isn't too hard right now considering I don't really have any junk to munch on. I am just not buying it plus it saves on money. We have a Walgreens by us and it is basically the only store that is close by and it is a lot of people's in the subdivision including me little mini grocery store and I've been going in there a lot like once a week for like one item that is needed like today I needed hairspray since I forgot to get it and coming out later with 30 bucks worth of snack food like chips soda and just junk. I didn't do that today with the junk food it was magazines this time but still it's money that's going out of my pocket. So that's stopping. I'm going to take Rowdy on a walk later tonight probably by myself so wish me luck!

Jeannette311
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi!

So, being on all these meds makes me feel OLD and WEIRD. Today I felt like working out again. I looked at my car...I have been doing nothing but binging on fast food for the past MONTH and I feel gross. So I weighed myself. 205. *sigh*

Back to the gym tomorrow. IT's been nearly 2 months. I've just been so out of it.

Let's see if I can run ANY length of time, haha.

mtiger
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I also took my old dog to the vet. He is 13 now. He has lost 20 pounds, has problems falling down, just getting old. We got our first dog 11 years ago and haven't lost one yet. It's getting hard to think about his time coming. Hope he hangs around a good while yet.

Just finished a 3 mile walk/jog. That is always a good workout. TOM should come and go this week, so I am hoping for a whoosh.

dutchgirl
07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Super J - glad to see you back. we missed you. Good for you for getting back to the gym. Don't fret about the weight, it will come off again.
I need to get moving again myself. I still can't run because of my back, and I find it very difficult to get a different exercise routine going and sticking to it.
I need a plan...
I also need some inspiration. (not to mention perspiration:D)

Jeannette311
07-08-2009, 12:35 AM
*hugs dutch*

Why is crap food so good???? lol

EZMONEY
07-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey team....

we need WORK!

weegreenlassie
07-08-2009, 02:39 AM
3 hours of dance tonight ;) Tired and sore.. but weigh in is tomorrow and I have a good feeling about this! :D

blondebritbrat17
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Jeannette-Glad to see you back and yes crap food is just way too good at times because of all the sugar especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself is when it seems to taste the best to me lol..

Mtiger-HUGS for you and your dog!

Weegreenlassie-whoohoo

Dutchgirl-come on let's go! I started my walking back up this morning.

I'm a bit tired already and it's only 9:30am here. I've already been up and walked the lab on a short 20 minute walk. I should have gotten up earlier and gone earlier since at 8:15am it was pretty muggy already. I'll do it again later with the dog tonight if I'm not tired from doing heavy duty house cleaning to total 40 minutes. I have company coming over tomorrow for a visit and lunch. Then I went straight to Walmart and got some food for the recipe I'm making tomorrow and dog toys/bones to keep them occupied. I don't plan on weighing myself this week since I'm very very bloated this time for some reason and my monthly visitor is here. Oh by the way I seem to have found about 7 pounds lately while apparently this past month my husband has lost about 10 without even trying. He is now 200 on the nose which was very exciting to see last night considering his height since he is only 5'7 himself. Everyone have a great day!

dutchgirl
07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Just saying good night, the weather finally broke, it has been raining cats and dogs and my house is getting cooler.
That might give me a fighting chance at a full night sleep so I am dragging myself off to bed.
EZ, you are right.
We need work!
but not tonight:tired:

mrsaugie
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
hope everyone is having a good day. i know that i am. i think i did really good the last couple of days with the eating aspect. the exercising side of it i still need a little bit of work on other then doing some lawn mowing and wood stacking. i have been struggle with that for the last year and i am not kidding on that.

mtiger
07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey TOM has arrived here in michigan also. I am hoping that means a few pounds will be coming off soon. That is my plan anyway.

I need to do a workout yet tonight. I am bored with everything I've been doing. I also need to eat some more food, since I'm only at 1000 calories right now.

EZMONEY
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
HI TEAM ~

Well things are going as expected here...for every loss...there is a gain :( I go down a couple then whammo 4th of July hits....and although I wasn't that bad on the 4th...the chips, hot dogs and potato salad stuck around the house for lunch and dinner for a couple of days....but hey...it's all gone now! :carrot:

My daughter came up yesterday and we did our 2nd annual Father Take Your Daughter On A Walk Day...a nice easy one this year...not too many calories burned but a nice evening with my kiddo, who will be 26 years old next week.

I am pretty darn sure I will not make my 2nd anniversary goal on the 23rd...but I am really trying to be "better" on my choices...even on the 4th.

SUPER J ~ :) Yep good food is bad ;)

DUTCHGIRL ~ I hope you woke up to sunshine today :)

MINDY ~ Yep...you need fuel to exercise!

MRSAUGIE ~ Maybe you should look around for an exercise you might really like.

BRAT ~ good to see you up and walking...those dogs...and you...will be better for it.

KAT ~ Hope you danced your butt off ;)

dutchgirl
07-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Still raining a lot, but that's fine! Mother Nature was thirsty after some long hot dry weather. I had my first reasonable sleep in about a week with the house cooler, and that feels much better.
When I am tired and lack sleep I am much more likely to go for quick grab meals and for high carb snacks (like rootbeer floats ;)) In a well rested state I do tend to make better choices, in food and everything else for that matter.
time to start getting ready for work.
I wish you all a very happy healthy day making good choices:carrot:

blondebritbrat17
07-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Dutchgirl-Hope you get some good sleep. You have a good day as well!

It's 8:15am here now and I took Rowdy on our walk at 7:25am and was back at 7:40am. Whew.. he had me walking fast, faster than yesterday morning and I am a tad bit sore in my thighs and rear today. If he could have been running I think he would have been even happier. I didn't get to take him on a walk last night and I should have but after cleaning the house and being on my hands and knees for that and I'm still not done and getting dinner on the table so late I just took a nice hot bath. I'll definitely be walking him tonight two times around our usual route since the 15-20 minutes is not cutting it for him and I can survive being sore. :-) I wish I could handle both of my dogs walking them both at the same time but I just can't. Oh well I guess more exercise for me lol. I need to get up and get going. I've got my company coming over at 10am and I still need to clean my bathroom. Have a great day everyone!

mtiger
07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Just finished a 3 mile walk (even with killer cramps). TMI- Sorry Gary!! I just need to something everyday. Hopefully this will bring with it some weight loss.

Gary- All we can do is our best. Keep doing your best.

Brat- Dog walking is great exercise. Keep it up.

Dutch- I agree with you on that. Since the whole fridge fiasco I haven't really grocery shopped. that makes eating right difficult too. Payday is Friday, so I'll be able to stock up finally.

blondebritbrat17
07-09-2009, 10:59 PM
EZMONEY- you can only do your best.. while still enjoying life a little and it sounds like you do! :-)

Mtiger-thanks.. those cramps are killer aren't they sometimes..

Got back from taking Rowdy and my other dog along with my husband around the block. Didn't do it twice because there were so many other people with their children out on the sidewalks doing the same thing walking or doing yard work etc and my dogs don't exactly have manners Rowdy because he wants to say hi to everybody lol and jump on them which we are working on and OJ is a little unpredictable unfortunately sometimes when he's nervous. I am going to go pull out my salad fixings and put it in a more noticebale place in my fridge so I don't forget that I have them and they go to waste. You guys have a good night!

dutchgirl
07-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday everybody!
Had a pretty good night sleep, so I am starting to feel human again.
Got a ton of catching up on housework to do, so off to do my chores.
I hope you all have a great day!

blondebritbrat17
07-10-2009, 12:37 PM
So my husband left this morning to go out of town and do an volunteer event helping out with hot air balloon races with the state guard he joined. He'll be gone until Sunday night late. I woke up late this morning and am still tired and wanted to spend some time with my hubby before he left and didn't take Rowdy on his walk. I'll make it up tonight. have a great day

mrsaugie
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
i have been looking for an exercising routine that will keep me interested. any way i am still picking away at making myself do what i have right now.

mtiger
07-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Mrsauggie- Me too!! that's why I have been walking or jogging so much. At least I'm outside enjoying the views.

Brit- Teaching those manners can be time consuming, but well worth it.

Dutch- glad you got some sleep. I seem to get mine like 3 hours at a time.

Just finished my walk/jog. It is humid tonight so I am a sweaty mess. See ya tomorrow.

EZMONEY
07-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Great idea...just go and walk or jog until you find the exercise program for you...love it-love it!

blondebritbrat17
07-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Well.. I didn't go dog walking.. I need to do my dog walking when I wake up since I never know what may happen to prevent me from doing it in the evenings. I got a call from a friend around 5ish who asked a big favor from me to take her so she could pick up her car from the auto shop and then we went out to dinner at Chili's then went to the local mall and I got some relaxing bath stuff from Bath and Bodyworks-some of their stress relief oils for the bath and etc. Hopefully that helps with some of my tense muscles. Then we went back to her place and just priced some stuff she's selling at a garage sale tomorrow. It was a good time and I definitely am enjoying being with friends again now that I am starting to feel better. But I am tired. Have a good night all!

dutchgirl
07-11-2009, 02:59 AM
spending time with friends like that is important too! And isn't it nice to notice that you have the energy to do it again?
The BF is here for the weekend and am trying to see if perhaps we could go have a walk on the beach tomorrow. Would do us both good and maybe kick my butt back into exercise.
I should also get back to doing some stuff with the Wii Fit, at least I would be moving some.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

blondebritbrat17
07-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Dutchgirl-Yes it was very nice last night! Last month my husband and I went out with friends for the first time in a extremely long time and I had just an OK time because I was just so tired. I hate to say it but I was so happy when we were finally back in our own vehicle and alone going back home. I have a Wii Fit too and I'm embarassed to say I've not used it very much. It was my birthday gift back IN JANUARY! That walk on the beach with the BF sounds lovely. Enjoy!

I've just had some of Swiss Miss's sensible treats hot chocolate which is 75 calories with some skim milk for a total of 155 calories. My husband doesn't seem to be putting up such a fight with the skim milk. I've just started buying it anyways. I don't even think he's noticed this time lol. I am back down to 207.6 so I was just pretty bloated. That's still 5 pounds that found its way back to me again. Have a great Saturday all!

mtiger
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Walking on the beach?? AAAHHH!!! I would like to go hang out with some friends right now. I am feeling a little bored and lonely.

Good news of the day......183.6 on the scale. A new low!!! :carrot: hopefully it will continue.

blondebritbrat17
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Mtiger-Congratulations!

I just got inside from the backyard. Instead of walking the dogs I decided to shake things up and just throw a ball around in the backyard. The dogs pooped out on me after about 10 minutes and actually went to the door to be let back inside LOL. Speaking of poop, I know what I'm going to be doing next in the yard, I didn't exactly enjoy throwing the ball around and I will be cleaning up the dogs' ahem.. messes in the backyard tomorrow. Hopefully that helps with the smell and the bugs/flies. I'm going to go play on the Wii to get a bit more of a workout. I have two Wii games two of them are like fitness personal trainer DVDs and I have never really even used them. Just scanned through them so I'll watch them a bit more in depth tonight too. On a girly side note, I used some of the bath and body products I got last night and it was really nice and relaxing and it did help with my tenseness in my head,neck and shoulders so I am glad I did the little splurge. My husband at one point sort of commented about our water bill being a bit high because at one point I was taking a lot of baths to relax but I've decided the extra money in our bill is worth it for my body and how I feel mentally and emotionally. I'll tell him it's still wayy cheaper than going to a professional masseuse lol. Anyways have a good night!

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 12:39 AM
HI TEAM ~

Hanging around 184 every single morning....crud

I do so well...so much of the time....then have my moments like last night when Angie and I went for Italian. We split a pasta dish and a pizza, with the intent to bring at least 1/2 the pizza home to have for dinner tomorrow night with a salad...that all happened. The issue last night was the 3 beers before we went...the 2 there and the 1 when I got home....about 750 calories right there....dang!

Wasn't complaining last night...it just felt so right after a long hard week....had to work today too.

We went to church tonight so I hope to get my walk in tomorrow...

I will check back then...until then...be good!

blondebritbrat17
07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Well you know how I said in my earlier post that my yard is pretty nasty due to doggie messes.. I kept smelling crap even after I came inside with the dogs. I just thought I was imagining it or it was stuck in my nose from being outside. I eventually looked down when my dog was being still finally and my smaller dog's legs was just covered in it. So in the bathtub he went. He was not happy about that to say the least and nor was my back. I'm a bit sore today since I did do what I said I was going to do. I went through some DVDs that I have and watched them or TRIED to and I don't think I like two of them. Too much talking and since there is not caption available so I don't know what it's saying and there is so much talking I'm not sure when my cues are or if they're telling important info on how to do something safely. So I pulled out another DVD this one for my Wii Fit and it's called my personal trainer and well I set up my profile finally and she just kicked my rear with a simple warm up routine that was designed to help with flexibility since the pace was so fast. I was expecting it to be like a slow stretching routine but it was OK I kept up as best as I could and sometimes I was right there with her speed wise so I'm happy about that. I didn't even last the 10 minutes I was hoping to last out of the whole 15 minute routine. I'm pretty much starting at the bottom here guys. I'm not going to be depressed about it this time and give up and compare myself to my old HS self. That was then and I'm me and different now. My husband comes home tonight from his trip and I am looking forward to it. Then he stays home for 4 days then leaves again for 4 more days to go to Fort Hood for more training. I do have some plans set up to see friends and be social so I have things to look forward to doing so I'm not just sitting here.

Anyways I need to go clean my kitchen all of you have a great Sunday!

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 11:10 PM
With my 2 mutts BRAT I need to scoop poop every 2 days!

The girls got a 3.5 mile walk in with Angie and I this morning to Starbucks.

Checked in again at 184...old-old news....

same-same story on my eating....

hit the Dorito bag before bed last night...DIDN'T I STOP THAT ALREADY!!!..

I did place them in a small bowl and put the bag up...and added some olives for a little something extra...helped..

but I was headed down the stairs to my recliner with the WHOLE bag!

better choices...but not the best choices...

Be good to yourselves ~ Gary

mtiger
07-12-2009, 11:22 PM
gary- Doritos AND olives at the same time. HHMM??? I bought Doritos Friday and have not even touched them, or the baked lays. I have not been eating much at all. I need to stop that !!

Brit- Cleaning up dog poop. One of my favorite things in the world. Have fun with that.

As we speak...the ex-hubbie has opened the doritos and munching away. So I had to have a few. 5 to be exact. Just finished by 3 mile walk/jog a bit ago. It was mostly jogging. YAY for me!!! I got a little lower today. Hope it keeps going. Gotta take advatage of my good losing week.

dutchgirl
07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
M-tiger, you are just doing great!:carrot:
Congrats on the loss.

Blond, just keep going with the exercise and the relaxation, it will pay off.

EZ- beer and Dorito's? yum, but(t)...

The walk on the beach never happened, it was raining very hard, but we did manage to clean the patio (He hauled away some trash that my back wouldn't let me) and installed a screen door soI can now sit in the living room with the garden door open without getting assaulted by every mosquito in a 5 mile radius. The little suckers just love me.
BF is leaving this morning. tonight I will be hitting the WII for some exercise

Have a great day all!

EZMONEY
07-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I really hate those blood suckers too DUTCH! Luckily for me there are not many here in southern California...now when I travel back east...brutal...

blondebritbrat17
07-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Mtiger-Great job! You're having a good week! Oh I had lots of fun bathing my dog. I made sure to wash my hands very well after the bath too.

Dutch-That's nice that your BF did that. I love my screen door too since the suckers love me too. My parents should have bought stock for me when I was a little girl in a insect repellant company to say the least. I'd be a very rich girl today. I am enjoying my baths again. My husband was saying how proud of me he was since this is the longest I've stuck with actually trying to be conscious about being physical.

EZMONEY-I'm just not used to needing to maintain an actual yard plus my other dog is so small lol that his crap doesn't amount to much.

My husband came home today and I was really happy. He's tired though and we spent the day doing his laundry for the work week and for him to be able to re pack his bag Wednesday night since he'll leave again Thursday. I took the dog out for a quick walk around the block around 9ish tonight. I may have to make an appointment with my OB gyn tomorrow since I'm having some problems and more discomfort possibly from another UTI starting back up again. She's a bit more aggressive than my PCP doctor when it comes to female issues and I think I've been patient enough since a lot of this has been going on since April and I want to be examined to make sure that everything is alright and change birth controls. Just one more examination lol that I haven't done then I think I'm done for the year? I'd like that very much. :-) Anyways I'm going to go wind down and watch some tv and chill out. Good night!

weegreenlassie
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I really really really hate working in a mall sometimes. We don't have a fridge, let alone a staff room, so in order to have any sort of delicious food, we have to go to the food court...
I try to make good decisions, and then I look them up and the foods are 800 calories? ..ugh. No thanks!

Next week will be better when I'm eating cafeteria food from the college.. (who ever thought Cafeteria Food would EVER be the lesser of two evils?)

mtiger
07-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I can officially say that i have now lost 70 pounds. I was 181.6 today. OOH!! I think I passed Gary. Sorry! :( i know i will gain some at mid-cycle time, but I am enjoying the number today.

EZMONEY
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
184.6 this morning MINDY!! :carrot: YOU GO GIRL :carrot:...you are such a looooser! ;)

blondebritbrat17
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Whew just got out of the shower after working up a good sweat. I did a dance video by Prevention for 30 minutes my longest ever work out since I started this past week. I actually had fun doing it. It's obvious that the dogs are not used to me working out. They need to learn to stay out of my way. I believe I stepped on them several times not including the times me forcing them to move when I was moving and yelling at them to move. I have a bit of a "busy" day tomorrow. I'm actually leaving the house lol. I am going to a coffeehouse tomorrow to meet with a ASL teacher that I met and her class to be their guinea pig and let them practice their sign skills on me for a couple of hours. I'm not a fan of coffee so no danger there. Then afterwards I have a Obgyn doctor appointment and it's not a good thing when you're looking forward to going lol. I have not weighed myself in the morning yet. I keep forgetting to.

MTIGER-WTG

EZMONEY- Good job

Good night!

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 12:36 AM
BRAT ~...too funny! You should have seen my mutts when Angie first started doing yoga at home..a lot of downward dog! Now they ignore her....keep up the good work!

dutchgirl
07-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Way to go Mindy and Blond!
You are doing soooo well.
Keep the positives coming girls, you are inspiring.
I didn't do any exercise yesterday, but I did do a bunch of housework, so I was moving, and contradictory as it may sound, I did a lot of physical stuff at the office also. We are using the drop-off in activity ( a relative thing, it is never really quiet at work) to clear out files. So many deep kneebends for me...
Have a fantastic day, everyone!

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Come and clean out my drawers when you get time DUTCH.

mtiger
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Just finished my 3 mile walk/jog for the night. It has been 17 days in a row I have not missed my workout. Pretty good. I am a girl on a mission.

Gary- One of my first goals was to weigh less than my ex. I accomplished that a while ago. Then I thought I could get lower than you, Done. Now I've got my eyes set on getting lower than my workout buddy. I'm currently about 10 pounds away. We'll see.

Brit- I am always kicking a dog, or shooing a dog out of my way. 2 of them have some sense and stay away, the other two, not so much.

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Just finished my 3 mile walk/jog for the night. It has been 17 days in a row I have not missed my workout. Pretty good. I am a girl on a mission.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Gary- One of my first goals was to weigh less than my ex. I accomplished that a while ago. Then I thought I could get lower than you, Done. Now I've got my eyes set on getting lower than my workout buddy. I'm currently about 10 pounds away. We'll see.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: AWESOME!!!!!

Brit- I am always kicking a dog, or shooing a dog out of my way. 2 of them have some sense and stay away, the other two, not so much.

:D Sounds like around here...but with 2 dogs!

blondebritbrat17
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Good Morning all! I hope every one has had a better morning than me. I woke up to the joys of smelling pure liquid dog doo doo in my kitchen while I was still half asleep and now he's started throwing up. I can't decide which smells worse and am choosing to not think about it. I'm trying to decide if I need to take him to the vet or wait for today and then call tomorrow if it continues. He looks miserable. I did not work out yesterday since I was a bit sore from going to see the OB gyn. I don't have a UTI infection but I have another kind of infection that is possibly connected to and from the UTI infections. So Hopefully this clears up everything and I start feeling more comfortable again after I pick up my prescription. Anyways enough of that girlie stuff.

Mtiger- You certainly are a girl on a mission!

mtiger
07-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Went to the mall today with my friend. We decided to try on clothes together. We are close to the same size and weight. Just like I figured, she is about 1 size smaller. She is my next goal. I want to catch up to her. I'm about 10 pounds away. We'll see. We then walked a few miles after shopping.

182.4 today. Not as pretty as 181, but still nice.

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Prayers for you and your mutt BRAT to stay healthy!

MINDY....race ya to 180.....ready....set....go.....

dutchgirl
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
TOM is in town and is giving me an awful time, I feel yuck!
Busy day ahead,so off I go.
Hope everyone has a great day!

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:33 AM
That TOM guy is real busy around these parts...

true story...Angie's ex is....TOM....

but for her...he is always a pain in the ....well you get it....

mtiger
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Gary- I was 184 today. What were you??? We are probably about the same. It would be sssoooo nice if I could just lose a few pounds and stay there. But nope, not me. Oh well. I do know I will get where I want to be eventually.

Jeannette311
07-16-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm on new medication to stop me from bleeding. I'm not supposed to get periods anymore (yay birth control) but...It's been constant bleeding for 14 days and the doc is worried. I'm worried. Next step is more tests if this med treatment doesn't work. They will be testing for polyps and if it's not that, then we'll test for cancer.

So I don't feel like working out and I work 7 days a week and I eateateat.

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
MINDY I was at 183.6 this morning....but....that was the first I have been under 184 since July 1-2.

Keeping the "chips" under control today. Angie made grilled chicken with peach/mango salsa, brown rice and coleslaw. For lunch I had split-pea soup and a salami sandwich with a pear and vanilla yogurt at break. Pretty much my "norm' when I don't have a turkey sandwich, I always have different soups...some good...some not as good. I made some chicken broth last night from a rotisserie chicken we got earlier in the week, added some of the chicken to it and will add some of our leftover brown rice to it in the morning when I make my thermos for lunch.

SUPER J :hug: Girl...we have work to do! Starting with prayers here...stick around, we can help...I am sure of it :hug:

Be good...be safe TEAM! :)

dutchgirl
07-17-2009, 06:18 AM
SuperJ- Prayers are happening, girl! You keep strong and well, and we are all here with you:hug:

mtiger
07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Gary- 183 today. Whatcha got??? today is my lunch with friends day. I usually overdo it just a bit. I am going to try and be good today so I can stay lower than you.

Jeannette311
07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks, all. I woke up and I'm feeling optimistic. I'm just tired.

blondebritbrat17
07-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Mtiger and EZMONEY- READY SET GO..

EZMONEY- the dog is fine now. Guess he was just having a bad morning. And a really smelly morning.

Jeannette- Prayers. Hang in there.

Well I haven't worked out in three days since I've been physically uncomfortable myself and I'm gonna get back to it today. I'm holding steady at 208. I have a wedding I'm going to be going to probably in early September and I'd like to look nice. I was a bit bad last night and I'm being bad now. I was taken and treated by someone and we went to a mexican restaurant. I could not find a salad section nor did I really look lol. I wasn't thinking which is what I need to work on and think of it in terms of calories and how much it would take to burn it off and etc. I think if I think in those terms it would help a lot. I got cheese and bean and beef nachos along with sour cream last night and ate half and boxed up the rest and now this is my breakfast too lol. So I still need to work on my lifestyle change mentality. I think working out was my big hurdle though because I felt so physically bad when I started trying to do it so I really had to force myself. Anyways have a great day guys!

Jeannette311
07-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't know what you all did but the bleeding is A LOT BETTER NOW!

Now I need to actually lose all this weight gained from eating junk food nonstop!

Thanks, everyone!!!!!

EZMONEY
07-18-2009, 01:19 AM
184.6 Mindy

blondebritbrat17
07-18-2009, 12:44 PM
So I'm down to 206.8. I was 208 two days ago so I somehow managed to lose 1.2 pounds if my math is correct. Could just be water weight. I am sore today for some reason and have no idea what I did. I forgot to work out because I was on the computer and phone just about all day long yesterday with people texting me emailing me asking to get together or me do them some favor-some will benefit me of course too :-) etc etc and me setting up some more check up appointments etc etc. That may be why I'm sore since I spent a good five hours at least yesterday straight in this chair. I'm going to eat some breakfast and go straight back into my bedroom and work out. Then it'll be time to start cooking something for lunch and dinner. It's really best for me to work out in the morning I think because then I get busy as the day goes on and I forget or get tired or something comes up. Again it's just me needing to switch over to my new lifestyle mentality and make the time to do what I need to do. I kind of wish we could have a treadmill in our bedroom and I'd watch tv while doing it lol since there are some shows I love. But I don't know if that's healthy either.

Mtiger-See EZMONEY's post? whooo..:-)

have a good Saturday all!

mtiger
07-18-2009, 06:16 PM
OH, OH Gary. Wrong way!! I was 182.8 today. A little movement in the right direction. Tonight is my DS 21st BD party. Burgers and dogs on the grill, chips, pasta salad, cake. YIKES!!! I am going to be good.

I did a 4 mile walk/jog today. Thought I should pump it up a bit today.

J- Hope things are getting better.

Brit- Getting the eating under control is the hardest part. I know you cn do it.

EZMONEY
07-18-2009, 07:54 PM
183.4 this morning MINDY...

Angie and I went to the park last night to watch an EAGLES cover band. A lot of fun. Started at my son/dil's house with appetizers...I stayed close to the veggie tray and watermelon....a few chips and salsa....Angie and I split a footlong turkey/ham sandwich from Subway...no chips...but only because she forgot to bring them...dang!

Thank goodness I brought plenty of Budweiser's to fill the void....

Jeannette311
07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Doing slightly better today. Ate a bit late...ate a bunch of candy and a happy meal. Bleeding has stopped about 99%. I still have a couple days of pills left. I'm pretty tired, but considering all the crap I've been eating, all the NON workouts...and all the hours I've been working, I'm not surprised.

EZMONEY
07-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad things are better SUPER J!

Mindy I am at 184.8 this morning...

I have attributed my rollercoaster of 182 somethin' one day...184 somethin' the next... to mood swings

the more beer I am in the mood for...the bigger the swing the next morning!

blondebritbrat17
07-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Jeannette- So glad you are feeling better.

EZMONEY- Why do you have such a big swing the next day? I don't understand! wink wink..

As of right now I have the hiccups bad! I have already tried my trick that usually works and it didn't this time. So I looked up hiccups and it said drinking a carbonated beverage with salt in it could help and so I'm doing that now slowly. I'm proud of myself I went to church today by myself since my husband is still out of town and went to a young married class. I'm not really looking forward to tonight though. I am going to a rosary visitation type thing to offer my condolences to a old classmate who had her baby two weeks ago then Thursday night I'm assuming she found the baby had passed for unknown reasons. When I got the news on Friday I actually cried a little for her and still get a bit teary eyed when I think of her. Anyways I need to go figure out what's for lunch! Have a good day all!

EZMONEY
07-19-2009, 04:04 PM
BRAT ~ Prayers for your friend and family...what a horrible thing to go through. Proud of you for going to church and attending a young married class. I pray it will be a positive class/church for you and your husband.

mtiger
07-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Gary- I get the beer thing. Son's party last night found me with way too many wine coolers in my hand. Hey, I figured I had a right to celebrate the fact that 21 years ago I was in agony pushing out a 9'11" baby. I'm paying for it today though. Couldn't get out of bed until 12:30. Head is still fuzzy.

Scale today- 183.2

EZMONEY
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
WOW! You deserve it girl...anyone that can push out a 9 foot 11 inch baby deserves a drink in my book!

you go girl!!

Wonder Women has nothing on you!!

mtiger
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Whoops!! You get what I meant.

david
07-19-2009, 09:58 PM
our first baby was 9 11 but i really didnt have much pain

mrsaugie
07-19-2009, 10:52 PM
:wave: hi everyone just wanted to say hi and that today went really good for me. we went up to Lake Suprior for the day. wow was it nice. we mostly at munchies but i really did not have that many of them. wish i had thought to bring my swimsuit just in case though. did not take it because weather was calling for cooler like mid to high 60's then bing on the lake a little more so then that and the wind. no wind and that made a big difference then i past trips there. hope everyone else is doing good.

dutchgirl
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
our first baby was 9 11 but i really didnt have much pain

that's quite alright,you will have your portion of pain when they hit puberty. :p

good morning everyone! larger post later, need to get ready go to works. Rain and thunder here. Yuck

david
07-20-2009, 02:19 AM
dutch...3 daughters 21,18,16....you hit the nail on the head

blondebritbrat17
07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Well I am back home after a long day. I went to meet my mother at her oncologist's office since it was suggested by her doctor that I come which made me a little nervous. But it was a bit of good news. The doctor has decided that my mom would benefit from a break right now for an unknown period of time and will be doing monthly tests on her to keep on it and as soon as something shows up again she'll go back on chemo or some kind of treatment. So we are excited but a little scared at the same time her especially. So I'm a bit worn out today now since I left at 8:30am and didn't get back until 5pm and this was her short day on chemo for only a hour and 15 minutes. It was a good day with her.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

mtiger
07-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Brit- Good to hear about your mom. Hope things keep going well for her.

David- I have one of each. DS is 21, DD is 24. That can make a person feel old.

Gary- Trying to catch up to you. 183.8 today. Why are we going the wrong way????

EZMONEY
07-20-2009, 11:31 PM
OK MINDY...I swear....182.4 this morning...now I don't know if it was a good lean...much less beer than a normal week-end...the fact I worked Saturday...or had zero nachos for breakfast....I guess tomorrow may tell.

BRAT great news for ma!!!!

DAVID stick around...with 3 girls and a wife you need a hiding place!

MRSAUGIE the lake sounds like fun...nephew is in Great Lakes (NAVY)...close to you?

DUTCH I hope the rain and thunder is under control!

BE GOOD TEAM..or at least have some fun!

blondebritbrat17
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess I'm not still back at my usual strength. I am wiped out today after yesterday being such a long day and me driving so much since the doctor is a little over an hour away from where I am and then I had to go a different direction to drop my mom off then drive back home which took another close to an hour. Plus my husband kept me up. I came to bed and he kept watching tv for a hour more even though I turned off my lamp and laid down and turned around and tried to sleep arghh. So I didn't get to go to sleep until 11 30pm because of that. I will try my best to make good choices. I usually make very very bad choices when I am tired.

Have a great day everyone

mtiger
07-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Gary- Man that is like 2 pounds. What the heck??? I was at 183.4 today, so just down .4. :mad: Well, hopefully soon I can get back to that low point.

Just finished my 2 mile jog. Good and sweaty.

EZMONEY
07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Easy TIGER....I was at 183.0 this morning...

doing decent on the beer and food (chips are much better this week)

worked some overtime...maybe burned a few calories...

BRAT take it easy girl! We don't want you back where you were!

HI TEAM....hope all is well!

dutchgirl
07-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Good morning, everyone!
EZ and Tiger, you've got a bit of a race going there. Keep up the good works.
Blond, good news that your mom is getting a break, make sure you get one too and keep taking care of yourself.
My back continues to be a problem, but I am seeing a chiropractor tomorrow so maybe that will help. I hope so, this is getting very old now. I want to get back to exercise and not feel tired from having this nagging pain all the time.

Hope you all have a great day!

EZMONEY
07-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Prayers DUTCH that the back pain heals and your trip to the back-cracker goes well. Until Angie started doing yoga..a lot...she had to see hers at least once a month....hugs

blondebritbrat17
07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Dutch and EZMONEY- Thanks for the good thoughts. I will take care of myself yesterday I barely did anything and won't be doing anything else today and am not leaving the house. I'm already feeling better today. Guess I just need a day of rest in between activities still.

Dutch- Sorry to hear about your back. Take care of that and hope the doctor helps.

I will be walking the dogs later tonight. Rowdy has been a bit stir crazy. He was pretty bad behavior wise yesterday. I felt like I spent all day yelling yesterday. Anyways I let them out in the backyard last night to do their business and all of a sudden I just see Rowdy racing and I do mean full out running as fast as he can go around the perimeter of our backyard and it hits me that I have not walked him in a while. Duhh. No wonder he's been a little terror inside. I felt bad. I didn't realize how those 30 minute walks were helping. So it was a good lesson for me.

Anyways have a good day!

mtiger
07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Gary- 183.2. Still just hanging in the 183's. I don't like it. I want some progress here. Good job avoiding those beers and chips.

I have been eating out a lot the last few days. We are basically out of food around here. WTH??? Need to shop on payday Friday so I can eat at home. Gotta go workout now.

EZMONEY
07-22-2009, 10:27 PM
MINDY I was at 183.6 this morning.....race is still on!

BRAT if at all possible get those mutts out walking every day...it is good for them and you!

DUTCH I hope that back is better today.

SUPER J ~ MRSAUGIE ~ KAT ~ JULES...we miss you!

mtiger
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Gary- How funny. We are exactly the same today 183.6. What gives??? I NEED to get lower. I have goals here ya know.

blondebritbrat17
07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Well TEAM I weighed myself this morning. And I am down another pound and half roughly to 204 even. I really think this is because in the past two weeks I have not had those crappy 100 calorie snacks which never fill you up in my pantry at all so you end up eating 2 or 3 lol and I either go without a snack now or have yogurt or skim milk which is more filling. Anyways the dogs are not going to be happy with me. My mom emailed me and asked me to come and take her to the mall so she can shop for a few things like a bathing suit stock up on some makeup because next week on Tuesday I'm driving us both to the Houston area to celebrate her birthday with her identical twin sister. When I was really young that was a family tradition and now it's not so much anymore so whenever we are able to do it we all really look forward to it. So I'm very excited she is able to travel now which is also a perk of being off chemo. Anyways I need to get going and call her and see what time she wants me up at the house today. Bye!

mrsaugie
07-23-2009, 05:47 PM
well i have been around and reading and just do not have alot to say at the moment.

Gary --- i was at Lake Superior on the out skirts of the Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula. and that is about a 4 hour drive and so is Lake Michigan. i live in the center of Wisconsin.

EZMONEY
07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
HI TEAM :)

MINDY....I was at 184 this morning on the 2nd anniversary of my journey...which is 14 pounds up from last year at this time....race is still on girl!

BRAT....how cool! Have a great time with your mom and aunt!

MRSAUGIE ....Sounds like fun at the lake. Glad you are back...

I have a lot to review in my head gals. After achieving my goal last year I have gotten lazy. I am still doing better but I have work to do....we have work to do. We are not at our goals yet!

So glad we have each other to pull strength from :hug:

blondebritbrat17
07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Well I didn't take my mom to the mall yesterday. So I didn't walk like I thought I was going to be also pushing a wheelchair. The mall that she lives closest to is quite a good size and has 2 floors as well and some of the department stores have three floors. So I was prepared to do a lot of walking and pushing her which is good exercise. She was too tired from having an adult girlie slumber party with a friend for two days haha and so was I really. So I stayed home and did most of the laundry to help prepare for next week. My husband has been working a lot of late hours and I've been bad by staying up late this whole week and waiting on him and then us watching tv together in bed until like midnight and I'm noticing the effects now and I'm feeling a bit run down again. So I talked to him yesterday while he was at work on the phone since that's how much he's working that we are now talking more by text message or on the phone than in actual person it feels like and told him unfortunately it has to stop the late nights. Part of taking care of myself I guess but it was hard telling my husband that since I have been enjoying just watching tv in bed with him. Have a great day everyone!

mtiger
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Gary- Even though you're not where you were last year, I'd say you are still in a pretty good place. Hey, you're not over 200 pounds!!! And really, from the pics I've seen, you look pretty darn good to me. This is obviously going to be a slow race. I was 183.4 today. Can't seem to get past the 180's.

EZMONEY
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Well TEAM I was at 182.6 this morning...closer but no cigar!

Took step-d and her new flavor of the month out for mexican food so my loss will be my gain tomorrow morning I'm sure.

I will get a walk in with Angie though.

MINDY thanks for the compliments...please see your eye doctor before school starts.

BRAT Good to see your mom up and about...TV with DH is good but "balance" until your strength is back!

C-YA

dutchgirl
07-25-2009, 08:07 AM
OK, reality check.
I finally made myself get on the scale this morning, before I went grocery shopping.
Back up to 112 Lbs.:mad:
I could kick myself, but that won't help. What will help is being accountable to myself. I just did a big shop and got good food. No junk.
I am dusting off my food log and kitchen scales.
And just because I cannot run doesn't mean I cannot walk.
So there will be a walk this afternoon.
And my next goal is Onederland.

I WILL GET THERE!!!

EZMONEY
07-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Now that is the attitude we are looking for TEAM...

but DUTCH.....at 112...I wouldn't worry too much.....wink

OK...what gives? Yesterday's must have been a fluke...184.6 this morning. Seriously, can I really have 2 pound swings in one day?

No big deal which is correct...me thinks it's the 184.6....dang...HA!

off for a walk then....go Gary go....

Have a great week-end TEAM!

dutchgirl
07-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Now that is the attitude we are looking for TEAM...

but DUTCH.....at 112...I wouldn't worry too much.....wink

OK...what gives? Yesterday's must have been a fluke...184.6 this morning. Seriously, can I really have 2 pound swings in one day?

No big deal which is correct...me thinks it's the 184.6....dang...HA!

off for a walk then....go Gary go....

Have a great week-end TEAM!

Ahum - make that 212... if I were 112 you'd be calling an ambulance:D
and 2 lb swings? Ooooh yes!
Some salty food will easily do that for ya!
Keep up the good works though, and you WILL get there:carrot:

blondebritbrat17
07-25-2009, 11:34 AM
So in the past two weeks according to my dr's nurse I have lost 5 pounds since I last saw them so my scale is correct. I went to the dr. yesterday since the headache I have has been hanging around for close to a month and had started spreading to my facial muscles and jaw these past couple of days which sort of concerned me since I've never had that. I'd like it gone or on its way being gone by the time I go on my trip since I'd like to enjoy my trip like a normal human being. So I went in to see the doc to talk to him and came out yep you guessed it with another prescription sigh. So we'll see. I've got a lunch today with a friend at Chili's and I'm looking forward to it. Have a great weekend all!

dutchgirl
07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Blond, do you have a dentist you like? you might want to make an appointment with him/her, your headache problems spreading to your facial muscles sounds like you might have some TMJ-problems.
Those are frequently related to stress, and I would say you have had your share of that.
A dentist can diagnose this better than a MD, and can provide you with a nightguard if necessary.
Relaxation exercises, meditation and massage can bring some relief as well.
It is worth the visit to the dentist, I promise you.

AND WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!

EZMONEY
07-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Great advice for the BRAT

EZMONEY
07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPER J :bday2you:

May this be the best day ever for you as you re-focus your journey :hug:

Jeannette311
07-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you, EZ! Now that I'm 31 (!!) I should probably work out and stuff. After today. Because I'm getting pizza and ice cream cake!

I'm worried. I quit my job at the gym so I won't have a free membership anymore. Can I really lose weight by just using resistance bands and running/walking outside?

mtiger
07-26-2009, 11:36 AM
SuperJ- I have lost 70 pounds without a gym. So yes, you can do it. I do have several DVD's also. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Brat- My DD has TMJ and has gone to physical therapy for it. She has found it helpful. Might be worth checking out.

Dutch- When I get really frustrated I get out my scale and start weighing things again. Good plan.

Gary- I think my eyesight is fine. I think it is your self imposed view getting in the way. We are always harder on ourselves than others are. I can see a huge weight loss in myself but I also see ALL the flaws and flab I have left to work on. They bother me more than other people.

Yesterday- 185!! What's up with that?? Today- 183.6, again.

dutchgirl
07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
EZ and Tiger, sounds like you two are doing the water-walz: Up-two-three, down-two-three:lol3:

Tiger, you are right, I need to get myself on the bathroom scale and my food on the kitchen scale again. That is the only way to accurately log my food, and if I don't log, I don't lose. It is that simple. I have already prepared some good healthy food for the week, so all I have to do is pop it in the microwave. No excuses of being too pooped to cook.
I tried this soda just because it sounded really good, orange-passionfruit juice with sparkling mineral water and I really loved it. So I looked on the bottle to see how bad the calorie damage was and turns out it is only 6 cals per 100 ml,so a glass of that is only about 15 cals!
Sometimes you get a nice surprise.

SUPER-J

Happy birthday, girl!!!

:woo::woo::woo::balloons::bday2you::balloons::woo: :woo::woo:

Yes, you can lose weight without a gym membership, in fact I gave mine up recently, partly because I hated going so much, I could only go after work and often couldn't get myself to, and partly because I enjoy running and walking on the street way more than in that hot, busy room.
I am considering using the money I save from the membership to buy a treadmill before winter,so that I can do my thing at home even when it gets too nasty outside.
So you go girl, get your shoes on and hit the pavement. Tomorrow.
not today.
because: TODAY'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!:carrot::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

EZMONEY
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
HEY TEAM ~

Well MINDY after a 3 hot dog day (2 on buns) with potato salad....small portions but 2 of them and small portions of chips...no dip...one cheese and chili dog...one mustard/sauerkraut/relish dog....4 beers (WHAT!?..only 4?...dude you rock!!!) 0 dessert...I weighed in at 185.0 this morning...ouch!

But it was a great party and shuffleboard tournament....sister and bil took home the trophy...pics of trophy from last year in the general chatter Hot Dog Love thread.

DUTCH...SCORE! on that soda! I add sparkling water to orange juice to take it down a notch.

MRSAUGIE ~ BRAT ~ SUPER J ~ JULES ~ KAT...Hope all is well

blondebritbrat17
07-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Dutch- My mom does have TMJ as well. And no as of right now I don't have a dentist that I like but have had one dentist near where I work be recommended to me by several people including people that were petrified by the dentist before going to him. I'm without dental insurance once again since hubby's job changed it. Good Idea though. I had not thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it.

Mtiger- I did not know you could do physical therapy for that!

Super J-HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And yes you can lose weight without a gym membership. I have known lots of people to do it. I don't count myself yet. :-)

EZMONEY-I am well. I went to church again today with my husband to the main service with singing involved which we really like. There was one special song the choir did along with a lady soloist and that song was like it was meant for me. It hit home for me in so many ways. I never caught the song's name though otherwise I'd tell you what it was.

I am doing okay. I'm a bit up today and I think that's because I've eaten out a lot this weekend more than my new usual. I definitely do feel a bit bloated even though I didn't stuff myself. My headache/face/jaw hasn't really improved much but the doctor did say it may take several days to a week. But I am tired of popping pills and having to remember it and etc etc plus the money it's costing me. So I'm seriously looking into going to a massage school that is about 40 minutes from me and having massages done there plus cutting back on my hair stuff and also going to a hair school as well that is close by to where my old apartment was. I can't really afford it any other way. Someone commented on me lately I don't even remember who or when now and said that I seem to be really trying to change my lifestyle and they can see a difference in me already. So that made me feel good.

Anyways have a good night all and have a good start to the week!

EZMONEY
07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
BRAT I am glad you enjoyed church today. I too, have certain songs that feel like they are "just for me"...We have a bulletin that lists all the songs for the day....but I do know that our music director LOVES when people ask him about a song or compliments the choir.

Small changes over a period of time really adds up...you are on your way dear!

Jeannette311
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks, all. I let myself pig out one last time. I miss running. The only thing is that now I won't know the distance I run/walk. Oh well. I'll go for an hour and just say that's a 5K (I can walk 5K in an hour). Who cares as long as I do it, right?? I'm going to have spaghetti for lunch tomorrow in my kick *** Miffy bento I bought last week. And I'm drinking water! *gasp* lol

My pills are supposed to make me lose weight and I've been eating McDonald's etc for weeks with only a couple pounds gained. Imagine if I actually work out again!!!

I'm 31 now. Time to take responsibility for my body (waaah!).

jendiet
07-26-2009, 11:12 PM
lol..what is this thread about??? I can't figure it out!

btw, I love shaved turkey fried in olive oil. yummm tastes just like turkey bacon!

don't like bologna though...it's wierd texture...a flattened hot dog to me.

EZMONEY
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
got'cha! ;)

JEN you are now officially a member of the TEAM!

This thread started over a year ago...we maxed the posts once and I have changed it a few times for us to re-focus...

It started out as a 5 Pound Weight Loss Guarantee "MAGIC PILL"...

I guaranteed everyone at least a 5 pound loss...as long as they stuck together with the TEAM...

most of us have gained and lost those 5 pounds several times...

we keep on keeping on..knowing that a lot of our reasons for not losing weight excuses are full of baloney!!!

Stick around if you have time...we rock as a TEAM!!

dutchgirl
07-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Super-J, try treksee.com, it is a program that lets you trace the route you walk/run on a map and gives you the distance you've gone, andit takes you pretty much anywhere in the world. I have used it here in Amsterdam and when I am with the BF in the Alps and it is an American program! And it is free!

Blond, TMJ is just a musculoskeletal problem, a good physio should be able to help you loosen things up, but it is important to know if you grind your teeth or clench your jaw and you might need a nightguard if you do.

Jen - by all means join us! We just support each other through the good stuff and the bad stuff and we're basically just full of baloney!

Gary, sounds like the tournament was fun and the food yummy - just too yummy...

Got out the scales in the kitchen this morning- back to logging!

Have a great day everybody!

EZMONEY
07-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Our "body" scale is in the kitchen!

we put it off to the side when the kids were here...since we all weighed in for different reasons...and that is the only room w/o carpet on the main floor.

jendiet
07-27-2009, 09:57 AM
lol...ok, i'm in. yeah, I'm clamoring to get 5 more lbs off myself.

um, if my bf% scale was in the kitchen--I wouldn't want to eat junk! good place for it btw....mine is in bathroom.

dutchgirl! Amsterdam? Alps--you must have an exciting life! I love the mountains.

TMJ is horrible. I do believe that a chiropractor can work the jaw back into place though.

mrsaugie
07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
well the weekend is over and once again i held my own i wish i could just make some head way even if it is .5 lbs. on a side note i have fall out of the weekly WI and am back into the when ever the mood strikes me and that has seemed to work the best for me i am not dependent on the scale. i trust what my body is telling me.

Jendiet--- welcome and have fun here.

blondebritbrat17
07-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Jendiet-Welcome! I've heard of chiropracters being able to help with TMJ as well.

Msaugie- That's nice and a good step to trust your own body!

I am feeling a little less bloated today ahem due to some time spent on the toliet. It's raining here today so I can't walk the dogs or let them outside to burn off some energy nor do they like the rain anyways. I will be working out my rear since I woke up so late and I need to be getting back on schedule so I'm going to try to make myself tired. I'm looking for my weights that I have as well since I have some Jillian Michael's resistance training dvds and I think that would help with inch loss and just toning me up and eventually better weight loss. Anyways have a good day!

mtiger
07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Boy, you guys have been busy here today. I'll see if I can catch up.

Gary- Looks like neither one of us is getting anywhere fast, except up and down. I was 184.6 today. Wish I could blame hot dogs and chips, but I ate good yesterday, so go figure.

Dutch- Good for getting out those scales again. I might need to follow suit. Maybe I am eating more than I think.

Blonde- Yeppers. She will pull out her exercises whenever she has a flare up. You could look into it.

SuperJ- that's the way to do it. Just get out there and hit the streets. I clock with my pedometer, or in the car sometimes.

Jen- This is just kind of a fun lovin thread. We joke and take some jabs, but support each other as much aas we can.

Just finished my workout and a shower. Now it is time for a snack and "Dance Your *** Off".

EZMONEY
07-27-2009, 11:29 PM
MINDY I was 184.0 this morning

JEN glad to have you back!

BRAT so many others could use that rain!

MRSAUGIE the scale is just a tool in your journey!

dutchgirl
07-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Ate On Plan yesterday, drank lots of water.
210 lbs this morning
I know, I know, probably water weight, but hey, I'll gladly take it!
Have a great day, everyone!

blondebritbrat17
07-28-2009, 10:46 AM
So I made it and woke up three hours earlier than what I did yesterday. OOhhh.. I am a bit tired plus I'm packing today and washing last minute things to leave tomorrow and taking care of some last minute money stuff to make things easier on hubby. I'm a bit nervous about going on vacation since I have a feeling we'll be eating out. I weighed myself last night and I was 204.6 which isn't bad considering I had eaten my 3 meals and etc.

Anyways have a great day!

mrsaugie
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
MINDY I was 184.0 this morning

JEN glad to have you back!

BRAT so many others could use that rain!

MRSAUGIE the scale is just a tool in your journey!

yeah i know that that is why weighing when the mood strikes seems to work really good. because it may be weekly or once a month or every other month that i do an official WI. i am not so dependant on what it says and i do not want to give up when i see it go up for a couple of weeks in a row.

mtiger
07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Still hovering in the 183's. 183.8 today. I did a 3 mile walk/jog tonight. Man was it humid. When I got home I felt like I had just gotten out of the shower, except stinky. FUN, FUN!!!

jendiet
07-28-2009, 09:51 PM
hey Gary and tiger--jog your calories a little bit. Raise them about 500 one day and then drop them back the next. Seems to work for alot of people. It worked for me! 177 or 176 something for 12 days and then after 4 days of cycling calories--175! woot!

You guys can do it. I remember hating the 180s so badly a couple of weeks ago.

but "This too shall pass".

I'm supposed to be eating 1700 today. Omg, my stomach hurts from dinner! And I only got 1185 cs. I'm just done for today I'll try to raise it again tomorrow.

EZMONEY
07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
hey Gary and tiger--jog your calories a little bit. Raise them about 500 one day and then drop them back the next....

I'm not sure I can drink 5 more beers a day JEN but I'll give 'er a go ;) Did you eat too much for dinner?

MINDY...scale read 182.6 this morning...no clue what is going on...but I will take it. Sorry for the humidity...we don't experience it here much...happy for that!

MRSAUGIE just remember that when the "mood" strikes is way different on the scale at night than the morning...try to get those mood swings at the same time...;)

BRAT Enjoy that vacation and you can eat out sensibly! Just use the tools you have picked up here.

Well TEAM For dinner tonight Angie grilled burgers...no buns...with feta cheese on top....Trader Joe's Sweet Potato fries....and caprese, made with fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden and some really good mozzarella cheese wedges...yum-o...as Rach says ;)

dutchgirl
07-29-2009, 12:06 AM
[Well TEAM For dinner tonight Angie grilled burgers...no buns...with feta cheese on top....Trader Joe's Sweet Potato fries....and caprese, made with fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden and some really good mozzarella cheese wedges...yum-o...as Rach says ;)

You poor thing, being made to eat stuff like that!;)
The tomatoes in my garden are still green, but there are lots of them and I can't wait for them to ripen up. We need some good sunshine.

Ate On Plan yesterday and drank lots of water.
Scale says 209 lbs today, so I am a happy bunny.

Have a great day, everyone!

jendiet
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
lol. Gary! Ha, I didn't mean 5 more beers. ...

I had some very yummy cream of chicken soup my SO's grandpa makes. I added elbow maccaroni, shrimp, squash, and green onions to it. I had 1 cup of this.

Then after dinner I had a 1/2 cup icecream. And 2 glasses of green tea.

I was just full from eating dinner. My plan makes it harder to eat. I had before dinner only eaten 515 calories.

I really am going to up my calories today.

Yay on the 182.6 that is a lovely number to see! after 183. somethings

dutchgirl! woot. Happy for you. I love your quote. Tickles me silly and it so true!!!

I'm beginnning to wish there was such an animal as Trader Joe out here.

I have a garden too. We have tomatoes (better boy, grape, cherry), okra, corn, peppers, squash, broccoli, spinach, radishes, onions and cucumbers.

I don't know how to harvest some of it. But the squash and cucumbers and tomatoes have been a great investment.

blondebritbrat17
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Okay TEAM I am out of here and about to leave to go on the road! Have a good week all!

dutchgirl
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Blond, have a great vacation and RELAX!!!:sunny::beach::yoga:
That's an order!!! :drill: :D
seriously, kiddo, take very good care of yourself and get plenty of rest, ok?

Jen, calling what I have a garden is a bit of an exxageration, it is more of a glorified border, but in Amsterdam it is sheer luxury and I am very lucky and grateful to have it!
Using square foot gardening I do still have strawberries, lettuces, toms, loads of herbs and some extremely lovely razzies. I love it!
Hang around a bit and you'll find out that EZ considers beer one of the essential food groups:D He has a dedicated fridge for it.

(Sorry Gary, let out your "secret" :p)

Gary and Tiger, keep it up you two!:carrot:

jendiet
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
lol. A beer fridge. That's cute. Well, I guess beer does not really fit in ANY of the other food groups..so why not?

mtiger
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
gary- It must have just been a good day. I squeeked past you though, 182.4. I feel like it will go back up tomorrow though. Went out lunch a may have eaten too much, plus haven't done a whole lot today.

Jen- You sound like me. I usually have to worry about eating enough food, not too much.

Dutch- Good job staying on plan. Hopefully those tomatoes will be edible soon.

Got to get in a workout tonight. I'm already hot. Can only imagine what I'll feel like when I'm finished.

jendiet
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM
wooo! Gary and tiger. The race is on...it's reallly close.

Well, I had a better day. I got 1590 in. woot. I also roller skated and did yoga/pilates (not at the same time, though that would have been interesting)

Dutch. Sounds like a garden to me. I have a nice one. Stupid white butterflies were all over the place though. I HATE THEM. They are disgusting. I tried using malathion JUST TO KILL THEM. I am Mrs. Nature too. But what they did to my brussel sprouts is horrendous. Probably why I didn't mention I had them.

EZMONEY
07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
JEN :carrot: Awesome on the roller blading and yoga....Funny....on Sunday I watched a young girl, from my front yard, on rollerblades...with knee-shin-elbow pads and a helmet....learning to rollerblade...up and down the sidewalk...many spills but so cute...she had her i-pod going too....she fell numerous times and would stop when going too fast....then do something with her i-pod. I can see over 1/4 of a mile up my street...reminded me of my kids...many years ago.

MINDY You are the winner :carrot: of today...I was at 183.8....Hope your work-out is good anmd you are still hot ;)

BRAT...have a great time!

DUTCH Yes beer is an essential food group! What the heck is square foot gardening?

Angie's home gotta go do dinner........

dutchgirl
07-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Gary, check out www.squarefootgardening.com, the concept is explained there. Great idea for people with dinky gardens like mine, or if for whatever reason digging is impossible or undesirable.

The scale said 207 lb this morning.
That is back to the weight before I hurt my back. So now the real work starts.
I way underate yesterday, didn't even make 950 cals, soI will try to get a bit more food into me today.

Oh no, it just started pouring down rain and I have to go to work in an hour on the scooter!YUCK!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

mrsaugie
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
hi all i am still working on it. one day at a time lately. but i am getting there. after gain 3lbs two weeks ago i managed to lose 2 of them last week so that is a good thing i am still trying to get back down to 180 preferrable low the next time i feel like an official WI.

jendiet
07-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Gary, that is sweet, I don't want to think about when my little guy grows up.

and the scale is up? Did you try to fit in 5 more beers the night before?

yay! Mrs. Augie, for getting rid of 2 out of 3. What's that song? "2 out of 3 ain't bad"?

Wow dutch your ticker says 212 but you are already at 207! That is freaking awesome. And about the garden. It's soil outdoors with plants growing out of it? then it's a garden. There are even container gardens..same concept really.

Well, I got some good calories in me today. 1500. I worked out way late though, but I was so busy! At least I got it done.

How are you Mindy?

dutchgirl
07-31-2009, 04:54 AM
hi all i am still working on it. one day at a time lately. but i am getting there. after gain 3lbs two weeks ago i managed to lose 2 of them last week so that is a good thing i am still trying to get back down to 180 preferrable low the next time i feel like an official WI.

Allright MrsAugie! You are going to wind up beating EZ and Tiger to the 170's at this rate.

about the garden. It's soil outdoors with plants growing out of it? then it's a garden.

Well, I got some good calories in me today. 1500. I worked out way late though, but I was so busy! At least I got it done.

:lol:on the garden. You are so right, soil with plants outside = garden.

Well done on the good calories and the workout!
I can't wait to be able to move again. I asked the chiropractor last night and he said no, not yet. The treatments do seem to make improvements, though, I now no longer am in constant pain but actually have some painfree moments.
The scale said 206 this morning.
I don't understand my body at all, the weight is flying off at the moment.
206 is a new low for me!
This whoosh will probably stall sooner rather that later, but for right now I will enjoy it while it lasts. I am seeing Onederland in the distance and I am heading for it!

GO TEAM!!!

Have a fantastic healthy day,all!!!:carrot:

jendiet
07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
woohoo Dutch...I am so glad the treatments are helping you and the scale is whooshing! onderland here you come!

mtiger
07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
The scale was back down to 182.8 today. Keeps fluxing between 182ish-183ish. The good news is that in July I lost 5.2 pounds. that is really good for me. If only all months could be so good. I would like 3-4 pounds in Aug. I would be geeked.

Jen- I love roller skating and should do it more often. I don't roller blade outdoors though so I need to go to a rink. Fun stuff!!

Gary- No roller bladers out here in the sticks. The dirt raod makes it a little difficult also. How'd you do today. I'm trying to get to those 170's before ya.

Dutch- You are so like me. Today I splurged and had a half order of nachos. Hear that Gary?? Nachos. I only ate half of the half order. But they wer yummy.

Mrsauggie- That last pound will be gone before you know it. Then it will be on to the 170's. I would like to beat you there. We'll see.

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Angie and I just got home from Applebee's and a trip through Best Buy with our wish list. I did pretty good....with the eating...and only 2 beers...but I did 2 before we left....

MINDY...You win JULY! I was at 183.0...so I am about the same as when I started July...dang!

DUTCH....Interesting square foot gardens! Glad there is improvements with the treatments.

JEN...Nah...I didn't get 5 extra beers in...which ALWAYS makes Angie happy! They grow up fast...those kiddos...but each year it gets better and better!...before you know it they are humans!!....wink

MRSAUGIE...Anytime you lose 2 of 3 is a good thing!

BRAT and SUPER J...I hope all is well in life and vacations!

dutchgirl
08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi all.

206 on the scale again.
I did stay within my calorie range yesterday but had a couple of less than stellar food choices. I had a ramen noodle thingy for lunch, o.k. on the calories but oooh the sodium!
And I went to see my mom yesterday. She lives in a nursing home and has Alzheimer. Usually she knows my face and knows I am someone belonging to her, even if she no longer knows she has had kids, but yesterday I kept catching her looking at me with this "who the heck are you?" expression on her face. I asked her at one point: "You have no idea who I am, do you?"
and she just nodded.
I took her out into the garden and bought her an icecream, and one for myself as well. 210 cals of junk. Oh well, at least I got my dairy for the day:D

sorry about the long story, it just makes me kind of sad sometimes. She and I did not have such a good relationship when she was still herself (neither did my siblings, mom was quite a piece of work, veeeery difficult) and now that the really sweet side of her personality comes out she no longer knows us.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

jendiet
08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
oh Dutch!!! That makes me want to bury my head in chocolate!!! I am so sorry. I want to move my mom closer, so I can keep an eye on her. If my mom does start to get incompetent, I want her out here with me Pronto!

BTW, I had a fight with the scale and the SCALE WON!!! ugh. I also ate Ramen yesterday. Must be the Ramen Virus or something-I couldn't resist. Or maybe Ramen reminds us of childhood because we used to snack wildly on the cheapest food in the house. Usually, I toss the seasoning packet. Too much sodium. And I make my own seasoning..however, I poured the whole thing in and drank the broth too. Plus, I have been eating lemons and salt together. craving salt??? The adrenals signal the need for salt when the body is stressed. So I am pretty sure that is what is going on here.

My chest feels like I am lugging around lead weights in my bra--so I'm quite sure that I am retaining water.

Gary, I couldn't imagine my little man as a human! He still likes to lick his plate clean--and I do mean LICK. We snuggled up on the couch and watched a couple of Lifetime specials (he disagreed) and then we found a winner "Ace Ventura jr Pet Detective" funny and cute!!! My two cats snuggled up with us. So it was the 4 of us piled on the couch with the rain banging on the roof and windows...ahhhh..

Tiger! lol on rollerblading on the dirt roads. Luckily we live in the countryish part of town, and the roads are paved with nice scenic routes. We have to be careful we don't go flying if there's some dirt in the road lol....there are lots of hills to stay away from too. 177 lbs flying down a hill with roller skate wheels locked forward--is not a PRETTY SIGHT

dutchgirl
08-01-2009, 10:57 AM
He still likes to lick his plate clean--and I do mean LICK. We snuggled up on the couch and watched a couple of Lifetime specials (he disagreed) and then we found a winner "Ace Ventura jr Pet Detective" funny and cute!!! My two cats snuggled up with us. So it was the 4 of us piled on the couch with the rain banging on the roof and windows...ahhhh..

Aaawww! That just makes the sweetest picture in my head!
And yes, I blame the ramen noodles too. I am drinking a barrel of water today to flush it out asap.

jendiet
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
hahha...in between the cuteness my cat Naomi bit my wrist 3 times...I was moving too much for her liking..i kept throwing her down saying "NO BITE MOMMY" She just jumped back in my lap.

Plus my darling 10 year old cried and whined about not getting to watch wrestling...I had to convince him HE REALLY wanted to watch movies and cuddle with mom. and he did. He laid in my lap too. Then my cat Naomi jumped up and threw her chubby self underneath his head. They fought over my lap. while my other cat Abby sat in his lap and stared at Naomi like she wanted to "off" her--(they're twins)huge sibling rivalry between those two. so all in all it WAS cute and probably funny to watch.

dutchgirl
08-01-2009, 03:22 PM
And not entirely unfamiliar, I only have my 2 cats and they generally fight over who gets to sit on me and who has to sit next to me.

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I was at 183.8 this morning MINDY

:hug: DUTCH...I can't relate because I had a great relationship with my mom. I miss her. My daughter walks an elderly lady with alzheimer's twice a week after work. She is the grandma of a friend of hers, her friend spends a lot of time with her grandma but needs a break! My kiddo "babysits" for a couple hours a week for her friend. The lady she watches is very healthy, other than the alzheimer's. She usually calls me after seeing her to tell me "Harriet stories"....This poor lady is helping to create conversations with myself and my daughter...which we have always had...and she doesn't know it!

JEN I would whine too if I couldn't see wrestling! I am lucky....only one of my golden receivers craves attention...the other is ok all by herself. The kids around here, years ago, used to sprinkle the powder of the noodles over "dry" noodles and eat them...yuch!

jendiet
08-01-2009, 08:10 PM
omg, that was us. we would break up the noodles and pour the packets over them. That was our riding down the road snack.dutch. cats are such funny creatures. I love all animals though.

mtiger
08-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Gotta say I don't get the Ramen thing. I don't like them any way shape or form. You guys can have em all. :smug:

Gary- 181.8 today. Gotcha! Of course TOM is about 1 week away so there is no telling what craziness will happen this week.

Dutch- Sometimes you just have to have some "forbidden" food. Ice cream once in a while is good for the soul.

Jen- I would love to see you barreling down the road.

jendiet
08-02-2009, 01:34 AM
lol...tiger, I landed at the bottom of one of those hills on the grass...with my feet in the air....heh.

Congrats on that scale moving...come on Gary!

I got some HIIT and some strength training and 1620 calories. Woohoo!

dutchgirl
08-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Mindy, you're doing great on the weight!
And Jen, way to go on the exercise and the calorie count.

The flavor packet on dry noodles? I do hope they were at least cooked?
Otherwise: YUCK!

holding steady at 206. That's ok, as long as it doesn't go up.

Have a beautiful Sunday, all!

jendiet
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
nope not cooked. those were the equivalent of flavored chips in my family. lol.

Well, i hate the scale right now. I am going to continue going at it though, and I am going to hope for better numbers soon!

EZMONEY
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
MINDY ~183.8 again this morning...

DUTCH ~No...not cooked. I remember picking my son up from his first year of high school, a group of girls walked by my truck and they were eating top ramen out of the pouch....I asked my son "When did top ramen start making snack packs?"...he busted up..."Dad that's just dry top ramen with the packet sprinkled over it...all the kids eat it like that at school." Getting close to the 100's girl!

JEN ~Don't worry too much on those numbers dear. As long as you keep doing better things...over a peiod of time...the numbers will reflect that. Don't panick if the scale doesn't move....you know if you are "improving" ...energy...attitude...confidence...comes along with the journey.

We had turkey burgers last night....but I had chips and some leftover potato salad from last week's party. I have already made cheese enchiladas for tonight and Angie is making some of her beef ones now...not gonna be a low cal Sunday evening dinner for me...Mindy you are in luck!

Have a great week TEAM!

mtiger
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Gary- I was back to 183.4 today. 3 slices of pizza last night are probably to blame. Tonight though, a burger, cottage cheese and some beans. I worked my tail off outside today and have a long walk/jog planned. Hopefully it looks better tomorrow.

jendiet
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
well, I definitely ate different stuff today to shake it up. Got 1380 cs. Feeling kind of bloated. TOM is due the 4th. I may be on vacation when it hits too...that would suck.

I like turkey burgers yum. WELL, I'm wearing jean capris that I haven't been able to in years! They are a little tight, but my "fat pants" that I lounge around the house in are too big! That feels so frigging good.

blondebritbrat17
08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Well TEAM I am BACK! I am very tired but it was a very good and much needed trip. I have no idea what I am up to since we ate out a lot my aunt's treat but I don't really care. It was worth every bit of it. I did learn a lot from my aunt though this past week since they are "dieting" at their house which I hate that word but anyways she had me try lots of grilled vegetables and I liked just about every one of them which was really great for me to know.

Dutch-I am so sorry about your mom. I'm close to my mom so I can't imagine. But I'm glad you bought her ice cream and had some with her. HUGS.

Anyways I am off to go rest. Night!

EZMONEY
08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Good job getting that walk/jog in MINDY...when does school start?

JEN...congrats on the "tight" jeans!

Turkey burgers are not my favorite...We tried them again last night after not having them for several years...same old story...I belch 'em back up...dang!

BRAT'S BACK!! Grilled veggies! Totally awesome...hope you had fun!

dutchgirl
08-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi all
just a quick early stop, having breakfast and then off to work.
Gary, Enchiladas? Yummie!
Jen, the scale will move again. Very soon. You are doing great! and the capri's, that is a non-scale victory!
Mindy, where do you get all that energy from? Hard labor outside and exercise on top of that?
Hey Blond, glad to hear you had a good time. Grilled veggies are delicious!

The scale is inching down, but not a whole pound yet. so, 206 and holding. I roasted a chicken yesterday, so I will be eating that for several more days. yum. Back to the chiropractor tonight. It really is paying off now, painfree periods are increasing. Well, have to get ready for work. Seeya!

jendiet
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
omg, so busy today with chores....so tired now. I should be due for TOM either tomorrow or Wednesday--please let that be the scale's issue!!!

mtiger
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh my goodness. My walk turned out to be 5.4 miles long. I did it in 1 hr. 15 min. Pretty good. Today I worked on the flower bed from H***, then did jillian's cardio DVD for 35 min. I hope that shows the scale a thing or two.

Jen- TOM is arriving Sat. probably. This is a tough week, but I know that after I will lose something.

Brit- Glad you had a good time. I am planning a weekend away in a few weeks. I never get to go anywhere. :(

Gary- I'm with ya on the turkey burgers. YUCK!!! It is a texture thing with me. School starts for kids on Sept. 8th. I will need to get in there 2 weeks earlier to move my stuff.....again. Switching to 4th grade this year. Then the next week is full of meetings. 182.8 today, by the way.

Dutch- Losing 70 pounds does that to a person. I just never quit. Exercise is the key for me. Hope that scale keeps inching down for you.

dutchgirl
08-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Ah, yes Mindy,exercise! I can't wait to get back into it. I have ordered some exercise DVD's from Amazon, stretching, yoga and yogalates (didn't even know that existed until a couple of days ago:))
So when the chiropractor gives me the green light I can start to move again.
Still 206 and holding, but TOM is lurking so I will just be pleased with not gaining right now.
Have a lovely day everybody!

EZMONEY
08-04-2009, 12:56 AM
TOM hit the house tonight...Macaroni Grill)

ok...Tom is Angie's ex...we had dinner together....

MINDY I was up to 184

blondebritbrat17
08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Okay so I'm not in the best of moods today. Trying to snap out of it. I'm just very tired since I woke up at 7:20am this morning to start preparing for work in two weeks. Yesterday wasn't a good day either. I went to the urologist after having two other doctors suggest strongly that I go to one and he ordered some tests and I went and had them done and I'm still uncomfortable from them and am having to do a voiding diary oh what fun. I go back on Thursday to hear about my test results and also show him my diary. So I was not home all day yesterday and I was already tired from my trip and to top it all off on the way home I stopped to get gas for my car and somehow while trying to adjust the handle since it was hurting my hand I got gas all over my shoe which soaked into my foot. Did you know milk can help to stop the burning sensation from that even after you wash your foot off? I didn't! Anyways it's a brand new day is how I'm looking at it.

Gary and Mtiger- I do not like turkey burgers much either. I think it's the texture for me too.

Anyways all have a great day!

mrsaugie
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
hi all i am doing alright i found out my grandpa died this morning. it was somewhat expected some what unexpected. so with that i am not sure how much i will be on especially closer to the weekend. ( at least that is when i am thinking the funeral will be.) any way for now it is business as usual.

mtiger
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Gary- I win today. 182.4 The other TOM will be at my house soon. I am making him take some baggage with him when he leaves.

Mrsauggie- Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Take care.

Dutch- Have fun with those DVD's.

Brit- I hate when I get that gas smell on my hands. Where are the days of full service???

Today has not been a very good day here. We have a 13 yr. old Australian Sheperd that has been declining lately. He would'nt eat yesterday and he cannot stand up anymore. We have to pck him up and help him get his balance before he can move. Then he can take a few steps and falls. I am having a hard time dealing with the reality of what we probably have to face. He is eating today, but really can't get around. I wish this were easier.

I didn't work out today, except for the tear ducts. :(

EZMONEY
08-05-2009, 12:04 AM
HI TEAM ~

So sorry for all the sadness here :(

MINDY My ex-sister in law just went through that a few months ago with her white shepherd, a real sweetie. My brother may be going through it too with his cocker spaniel. She hurt her back and can't walk by herself...after many $$$ at the vet she is still showing little improvement...my brother has to carry her out to potty...it is getting real difficult for him. I pray for peace. I was at 183.0 this morning...doesn't make sense after cheeses enchiladas on Sunday and Macaroni Grill last night...we shall see tomorrow.

MRSAUGIE Sorry about your grandpa. My kids just went back to Minn. this week-end for a family reunion. Son, daughter and nephew both called me to say he was looking a lot older than when they saw him 6 months ago, he is around 80 if I remember right...my ex's dad but always a dear friend of mine.

BRAT I hope the tests turn out to be a positive for you. I hate that gas smell on my hands!

DUTCH I am glad the exercise and chiropractic visits are paying off. Keep that ball rolling down to the 100's!

JEN I hope the weigh in for you tomorrow is a happy one!

dutchgirl
08-05-2009, 12:26 AM
MrsAugie, sorry to hear about your grandpa :hug: Take care of you and your family, and I will be thinking about you in the next few days.

Mindy, how difficult for you! Seeing a beloved furry friend come to his old age and having to make tough decisions... I will certainly be thinking of you and your family in the next few days as well :hug:

Blond, good tip about the milk! Keep smiling :)

Forgot to weigh myself this morning but there probably wasn't much point to it anyway, TOM arrived yesterday and I feel like the Goodyear blimp I am so bloated. And I was soooo tired yesterday, and right now for that matter, that it feels like I am walking through molasses. Oh well, just have to tough it out I guess.

blondebritbrat17
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
MsAugie- I am so sorry about your grandpa.

Mindy-Aww..sorry about your baby.

Yesterday was not a good day I guess because I felt so bad plus TOM is due to show up any day now and it has been getting very HOT here and I've lived in Texas all of my life and this heat is getting to me and I am not going outside for anything except to get the mail or walk into a place from the car. Every two years or so there is a summer to where the heat really gets to me. Yesterday I had three bowls of chocolate ice cream. YES THREE. There I've confessed. But it was so refreshing. I've not even bothered to weigh myself. I am going to see about getting back my treadmill from my mother and ask her today about it. I don't think they're using it and I want it lol. I'm doing laundry today then going grocery shopping. My husband finished up the rest of the painting of the house while I was gone and I'd like to surprise him with a nice/romantic dinner on Friday night. I already have cheese fondue planned for an appetizer and strawberry cake planned for dessert. But no ideas on the main course. I'd be open to suggestions.

Anyways have a great day everyone! It's a brand new day!

EZMONEY
08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
BRAT ~ Here is an easy recipe that Angie and I love...it has an expensive look and taste (we feel) and so easy!

Very important that you use the Ragu Margherita Sauce!

http://www.makinglifebetter.com/food-recipes/recipe/11021/1/chicken-margherita

dutchgirl
08-06-2009, 12:40 AM
208 today. Aaaaagh! I HATE TOM. I know this will come off quickly in a couple of days, but I am so very bloated I can barely close my hands into a fist.
I also feel very tired, haven't slept very well the last few nights and it is starting to have its effects.
ok, enough yammering.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.

dutchgirl
08-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Bump!

EZMONEY
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Bump!

I'll call your bump and raise it 2 bumps.....

EZMONEY
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
bump

mtiger
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
We decided to hold out for a few more weeks with our dog. He is not in any real pain and still enjoying being with us. I still have a few weeks off and have time for the extra care. We are just letting him be. No more tests, or funny foods, or meds. Just let him enjoy himself. We'll know when it is time.

On top of that depressing note, I too am barreling towards TOM and was way up on the scale today, 185.2. I'm in one of those lulls where I feel I am making no progress. Saw my friend yesterday and she is so skinny it just depressed me.

Anyhow, keep keepin on everyone. It is our struggles that make us stronger, right?? Boy I should be ready for some heavy duty weight lifting here soon.

dutchgirl
08-07-2009, 01:44 AM
You are right, Mindy, you will know when it's time and until then you can just love him to bits.
And you know the weight will go down after TOM has passed through. Hang in there, It is going to happen for us!
I am at 207 today, so heading in the right direction again.

Have a great day, everybody!

dutchgirl
08-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Bump!
Everybody seems to have disappeared!
Back to 206 today. YeaY!

mtiger
08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Here's a weird thing. We took Rippy off all meds and are just letting him be happy and comfortable. What happened?? He started walking better. He can even get up on his own if he really wants to. Strange, but really good.

TOM just needs to get here and be done so I can lose a few pounds and feel better. I am tired of hovering around 183. It is going to be rainy here all day so I will need to workout inside.

Have a great weekend everyone.

blondebritbrat17
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Well I'm checking in before I get started on my day. I'm a bit busier than usual. I have a lunch at noon to go to then I have a bachelorette/lingerie party to go to at night. TOM is supposed to be coming so I have not weighed myself at all this week. So I'm not sure where I'm at right now. Eating has not been great since I got back from my trip because we needed groceries badly this week but I put it off to save on some money and wait on some sales which is a good thing otherwise I shudder to think what I would have paid lol since this was a big load we got. My husband just left to go get my treadmill back from my mom which I am looking forward to. Unfortunately my hubby was off today which I didn't know and I scheduled these plans. Then tomorrow he's going to be gone to more state guard training again. This past month I just feel like we are two ships passing each other in the night. I got another haircut yesterday and it's so short that my hairstylist had to shave my neck so that was a bit weird haha. I had avoided having my hair cut this short for a very long time under the notion that it would emphasize that my face is much rounder now and that my neck is fatter. But it really doesn't do that, if anything it's almost more flattering I think and hope haha. Guess those magazines that say those type of things aren't always right ha.

Mtiger-That is weird. But enjoy!
Anyways you all have a great weekend!

dutchgirl
08-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Oh Mindy, that is so good to hear about your baby! You get to spend more time with him, that's great.
Blond, don't overdo things, build in some down time, girl! Nice about the haircut. I only cut my hair short once, and it just soooo doesn't look good on me at all! and sometimes I do wish I could have it short, It would just be so much quicker to manage. But I shouldn't complain, I have really good hair, thick and full and wavy, so I will count my blessings.
TOM is in full party mode here so I am taking it easy today.
Have a great day, all!

blondebritbrat17
08-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I am back.. barely LOL. I just only got up about an hour and half ago at 11am something. Missed church completely. I was out until 3am this morning with the bachelorette party I went to. It was not my intention to stay that late at ALL. But where there is drinking there are at times drama and that's what happened unfortunately. Some of the designated drivers ditched some other people that rode with them to where we were and seeing as how I was one of the few ones that had a car and was also SOBER I stayed behind while we tried figure out how the heck we were going to get all these people home. One of them took the BRIDE'S car it wasn't even her own car which kind of added a bit more fuel to the fire I guess. Despite all of that we all still had a lot of fun I think. It worked out but I was happy to be home and in bed. I would like to go back to where I was last night with my hubby- it was a piano duel bar which had a lot of good music being played.

Dutchgirl-You're lucky indeed to have thick hair. I do not have thick hair at all which is why I keep it above my shoulders always and now it is just past my ear lobes barely in a really short bob.

Have a great Sunday all!

EZMONEY
08-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I am not ditching you gals!

Computer issues and busy week-end watching dil cheer at San Diego Charger's Stadium....Quallcom

184 this morning...

glad for the Rippy

c-ya all soon!

mtiger
08-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey guys! My Rippy is even better today. He can get up and down and even go up the stairs (2 steps), not down though. I love this dog. My son (who owns the dog with me) was very happy to learn this today.

TOM has arrived. Even though I feel like crawling into a ball and not moving, I am still going. Did WATP for 30 min. tonight and about 5 min. of thigh work. I was 183.8 today......again. It is time for a lower number, don't ya think???

Brit- Sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you get to relax a little now.

Dutch- You and me both. I just keep going though. I refuse to let it derail me.

Gary- Hope you had fun watching the cute cheerleaders.

jendiet
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
hello all, I am still here just got back from a great vacation. Very tired. lol.

I am scared to see my morning weight because I haven't weighed in a week almost!

I didn't completely blow all sense of a diet while gone, but I did't behave perfectly either.

dutchgirl
08-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Jen and EZ, glad to see you back!

Mindy, that is just such good news about Rippy. And good for you for still working out in spite of TOM. I did a few bits around the house but no more than that. And yes, you really deserve a lower number on the scale. It will happen! Soon!

Blond, those are potentially nasty situations! not cool to commit to being designated driver and then ditching the people one is supposed to drive. Good of you to help out the situation.

206 again today. Going to the chiropractor today for an evaluation. I must say it is doing me a lot of good. We are going to discuss starting some exercise today, so I finally get to move a bit again. The main focus right now is to strengthen my back and keep everything in place.
I am really tired, my 2 furry monsters had a restless night and woke me up several times. I don't know what their problem was:?:
Off to get ready for work.

Have a great day,everybody!

jendiet
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Mindy, I am so glad your dog is doing better. How sad to see that! Blonde do be careful. EZ, glad your computer is fixed. Well I'm on stupid TOM, and my lowest weight was 176.6 today!

I slept alot today. I only took in 800 cs. so I still have a deficit. But I'm cutting off my eating time back to 7pm. ON vacation I ate low carb breakfasts, and I ate and drank beer really late at night. I was constantly on the move though.

Please let me get to 170!

mtiger
08-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Nothing much to report today. TOM is still here, I walk/jogged about 3.5 miles tonight. Came home wringing wet. The scale was up a bit today. Still not doing what I would like. Hopefully soon.

EZMONEY
08-10-2009, 10:37 PM
182.0 this morning!

Computer "may" be fixed...my wife is multi-talented!

I don't drink late at night...out by then....wink!

Wonder if the furry monsters smelled gas?

Those DD's did not do their job!

C-Ya!

jendiet
08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
well, couldn't go to bed with just 800 cs, and too tired to exercise! Stupid tom.

blondebritbrat17
08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Jendiet-Welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation.

Mtiger-I am so happy for you that Rippy is doing better and able to enjoy you and you him.

Dutchgirl- No it wasn't cool at all for that to happen but oh well.. That's why I don't let my dogs sleep with me. They have their kennels for that. They move around way too much at night on the bed and insist being in between my legs and refuse to move or up in my face or doing other uncomfortable things FOR ME but not them since it's supposed to be all about them and they own me not the other way around ha. :-)

EZMONEY-Glad your computer is fixed.. it's not the same here without you!

Today was okay. It wasn't my best day. I probably shouldn't have made the strawberry cake that I made last night and that's all I'm going to say lol. My mom's in the hospital due to having a cellulitis infection since she also fractured her ankle last week in the middle of the night after we got back from our trip and today was her birthday as well. So on the phone today she was kind of down I think. So I'm a little worried about her since infections can be very bad for her due to her health and probably will be going up there tomorrow to be with her in the hospital. My husband had a really bad day at work due to a co-worker's drama and this is a regular thing with this specific co-worker so for my husband to complain to one of his bosses it had to be really bad today so we both decided we just needed to relax so we went to a nearby restaurant that is a tad bit pricier than what we usually do but we really enjoy it and ate out for dinner. On top of all that TOM is definitely here finally. Plus I went and was a good girl and finally did something I had been meaning to do all summer but had canceled several times because I had other doctor's appointments to pop up that were more important. I went and had a bunch of moles removed from my back and neck and one from my crotch area that was rubbing against my panty line. So I'm a little tender and irritated in some spots. The doctor showed me them and whew they were a good size. I should have done it long ago. Tomorrow is a brand new day is all I can say.

Good night!

dutchgirl
08-11-2009, 12:20 AM
No, Gary, the furry monsters decided they did not like what I fed them for supper. When I got up to see what their problem was the red monster, the smart one, very purposefully walked into the kitchen, stood next to his food bowl and yelled at me.
Sometimes they just do that. If I give in to that though, there will be no end to it. So they get what they get and beyond that they just have to lump it.
The chiropractor told me I could start walking every day. Yippee. No jogging, just walking, and if I wished to I could do some yoga, but the walking is a must. So as of tonight the running shoes go back on even if it is only for a walk. He really hit the tired button with the adjustment last night, all I could do was crawl in bed and go to sleep early.
206 and holding today.
Have a good one,all!

jendiet
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
thanks for the welcome back everybody...feeling more crampy today, but determined to clean this mess, and get kid and me school supplies. Going to try to fit exercise into that scenario somewhere!

mtiger
08-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Went to a park with a friend today. Got some sun. Did Cardio Max for 30 min. TOM is finishing up, but still no weight loss. I'm getting tired of this.

My little dog (weiner) sleeps with me every night. She lays behind my knees or against my stomach. We spoon well together. The big dogs..... Ha!! No such luck.

EZMONEY
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
HI TEAM ~

184 this morning ....riding the 182-184 ride again...still.

Still working OT at work but the computer is fixed....thank-you Angie!

My dogs sleep in their crates in the garage...if we try to get them to sleep in the house because it is too cold or hot they won't leave us alone at night until we crate them. I have a 3 car garage and one car of it is made into a room...our gym...that is where their crates are. I have fans and a heater in there if they need it.

Miss those school supplies days! Angie doesn't....she just bought 200 spiral notebooks for her students....a madhouse down there at Target today she said.

Hope those running shoes got back on and all is well with the garden squares.

Watch those moles...my daughter has many...

Angie back from yoga....gotta do dinner....

jendiet
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM
ok, I did extra low carbs and calories today, just want to see the scale move. starting to get the urge to eat, but am going to fight it with lemon water, some strength moves, and goood ol bed!

blondebritbrat17
08-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Well.. Today was a bit of a dud due to TOM. It's been awhile since I've been this sick from the cramps but that's because I wasn't on my birth control this past month due to all the infections I've had. I think if it had been any worse I would have been in the bathroom face in the toliet. I ended up not going to the hospital to see my mom. I called her to check in and she just said she was probably going to be sleeping all day. She's the type that if she has a visitor she wears herself out trying to visit with them even if you tell her to stop talking ha so I didn't go so she could get some rest. Good news is she's feeling better already so the medications they have her on through the IV is taking effect on the infection thank the lord. Hubby has still not moved the treadmill out of the garage and into the bedroom yet. He's had a couple of hard days himself but hopefully tomorrow night we can do it together and move it where I want it.

Anyways good night!

mtiger
08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Gary- I am on the exact same ride you are. I don't think it's much fun. How about you???? I was 183.2 today. Can I hear a 182ish???

Going on a short trip this weekend, by myself. Weird huh??? Going over to Lake Michigan and visiting a few of our beautiful beach towns. Should be quet, peaceful and relaxing. Tomorrow they start our new roof. So no peace and quiet there. I'll be ready to get away.

mrsaugie
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
hi everyone thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

well with the funeral over it is back to the grind here. i am proud to say that i WI at 183 that means i have 3 more pounds to go to hit 5. i think i can i think i can....

dutchgirl
08-12-2009, 11:45 PM
You can indeed MrsAugie! Glad you are back.
I had a whole message prepared yesterday and then my internet connection bugged out and I had no time to do it again.
Back up to 208, that's 2 lbs overnight :fr:
And I have been awake since 12:30 am, it is now 4:40 am and I just gave up and got up. So I am not exactly in great shape this morning!:tired:
Hope you all have a great day!

jendiet
08-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Mrs. Augie. I do not know where you were, but welcome back. Dutch--go to bed! I have lost weight just from sleeping right. Tiger have a nice vacation.

Gary, come back down from there!

blonde, I hope AF isn't too mean to you. I hope you get to enjoy time with your mom. I miss mine.

scale did move down this morning : 175.8 so I ate a huge piece of key lime pie today. Amazingly I didn't get but 1395 cs in me today. I wanted something like 2000 but that's ok.

mtiger
08-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Not much to report except my frustration. I should be losing, but am not. What is going on??? Tonight is a short workout night, so I am doing 30 min. of kickboxing. My legs are kind of sore from last nights 4 miler.

Dutch- Go figure!! Sometimes there simply is no explanation.

Jen- the scale moved?? Good for you.

Going out of town tomorrow, so I will get back with you probably Monday.

EZMONEY
08-13-2009, 11:41 PM
HI TEAM ~

Well I was at 182.6 today...still hope....but I really need to give up cheese and chips!

Enjoy your solo trip MINDY

I love key lime pie JEN! But it is rare I eat any type of dessert.

Get some sleep DUTCH

Welcome back MRSAUGIE!

BRAT I hope your DH and you both are having better days.

blondebritbrat17
08-14-2009, 01:26 AM
EZMONEY-You're so good. I need to cut back on sweets myself.

Dutch-Hope you got some good sleep and congrats on the stepping stone you've achieved being able to walk for excercise and having the Dr's OK for it.

Jen- I've never had key lime pie. That is just something my family doesn't make and I've always been curious about it. By the way pardon my ignorance but what does AF mean?

Mtiger-Enjoy your trip!

MsAugie-Glad you're back.

It's 11:15pm and the dogs are still acting crazy like they just woke up from a nap and show no signs of being tired. Today hasn't been a good food day. I was at the hospital pretty much all day with my mom. It took me an hour and 15 minutes each way to get there and back home. The hospital food is lousy so I went to the closest place nearby the hospital to get me and my mom some food and that was a Dairy Queen. There is lots of construction going on around the hospital and a bunch of detours and so I was afraid to go too far and get lost again looking for a better choice food place. It's a very good thing I had my GPS today with me since I was forced to take detours to completely different places than where I wanted to go and I'm usually pretty good with directions and remembering how to get to places since this is the same hospital my mom stayed at back in November. So food was not too great but physically and mentally it has been good and for me that's a big part of the battle. I tried to eat decent portions and I think I did and barely ate any french fries. I still haven't gotten my treadmill in the house. When my hubby got home tonight I was about to leave to go to Victoria's Secrets since they are having a sale or are supposed to be having one since it was being advertised on tv and he wanted to come with so we did that instead. I got 4 nice new bras none were on sale but oh well. I'm comfy again. Anyways I go back to the hospital tomorrow again and will be taking her home and probably stopping to eat lunch since she always wants to eat something good after she gets out of the hospital lol and then getting her set up at home until her SO gets home. I then have a birthday party to go to at some Sushi bar and grill nearby tomorrow night so that will be interesting and I think I will have an easier time finding something a bit healthier hopefully.

Good night!

jendiet
08-14-2009, 02:21 AM
blonde, for crying out loud get in bed! I hope you had fun though what an action packed day....are you sure you don't have an S etched in your chest somewhere???? AF = Aunt Flo or that TOM.

omg, key lime pie is the bomb! Today was my low carb day. So I fed others the wonderful key lime. I love, love, love the tanginess. We had steak, spinach and beans w/ meat mixed in (leftover 15 bean soup).

For dessert I had 3 tbsp whipped cream with lemon squeezed over it. I also had dark chocolate chips and 1 tiny bite of the key lime pie without the crust. the whipped cream with lemon squeezed over it was perfect for substitution for that craving! Gary surely you could budget something in???

well, the scale was a little lower today 175.2. I think the low carb/low cal high carb/ high cal days might be doing the trick. Plus my intervals on t he bike are 22-23 mph and 16-17 mph.

Tiger, you are sore. your muscles are soaking up water like a sponge in order to repair. that = weight gain.

I did a core shredding routine. I'm trying to "coax" my abs out. whatever that means..heh.

dutchgirl
08-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Hi all.
Finally had a good night sleep, so i'm feeling much happier today. The scale is inching back down a bit as well.
EZ, I rarely have dessert either, if I do it is something like berries and yoghurt or a pear icelollie. The sweet stuff is easy to forego for me. The savory stuff is tough. Yesterday someone at work celebrated her birthday and brought sausage rolls from a really good pattisserie shop and there I went... It sure was delicious though and the first one I have had since January in spite of them being on offer on a regular basis.

Tiger, enjoy your trip. Alone-time can just be sooo good sometimes.

Blond, slow down girl! You made me tired just reading that.

Jen, Yaey on the scale and the exercise.

My first walk onTuesday was a disaster. I came home, put on my running shoes and started walking. After about 5 minutes my right hip joint started aching. WTF? That has never given me grief before!
so I kept going but it kept hurting.
I thought about it afterward and decided that maybe my running shoes are no longer good for me now that my body has more or less been repositioned.
So next day I put on my indoor trainers, pulled out my WII Fit and did 30 minutes of free step at a really good pace, enough to break a nice sweat.
NO PAIN!!!
I think I will get some good walking shoes for just the walking outside. I won't be doing any running for a very long time anyway, and we will have to review the shoe situation then.

jendiet
08-15-2009, 12:18 AM
dutch, I am so glad you are going to get into the swing of walking again. I hope your body starts cooperating more.

I am tired today. goodnight all.

blondebritbrat17
08-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Well my day has been a bit rough. I dealt with a lot of hospital/medical drama while trying to get my mom home from the hospital today. I had scheduled myself plenty of time to get back home and get ready for the party that I was going to go to tonight. But all the drama ate up the extra 3 hours I had allotted that I was going to sit down and just chill out. So I got ready in a rush and drove back to where I was before to pick up my husband at work and bring him clothes to change into. We get to the restaurant and we call the birthday girl to ask about if she had reservations made or a room reserved at the restaurant it's at. We get told the party isn't until NEXT Friday. I must have misread the invitation. So I am a bit aggravated and keyed up from running around so much today. I put over 100 miles on my car yesterday and today again just from driving around in the Dallas Metroplex. Plus all that on the go I've been eating a lot of fast food crap these past two days since it's too hot here to pack food up and leave it in the car and the areas that I have been in these past two days I was told to not leave anything and they stressed absolutely ANYTHING in my car too. I'm glad tomorrow will be back to normal for me eating wise. My stomach has not felt the same. This weekend I WILL be getting the treadmill out of the garage. Anyways night all!

EZMONEY
08-15-2009, 01:13 AM
BRAT...hope it cools down for you. At least you will be ready next Fri. for the party!

DUTCH shoes really make a difference...at our age!!

JEN get some sleep.

Well Angie and I went to our regular Mexican joint for dinner...leftovers for me and only 1 beer there...(there....winkl)...should be OK for the scale in the morning.

Be good!

jendiet
08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
well, woke up crampy and sore from the abdominal shred I did. great. scale was up 177.2. I know I ate more carbs and more food...but 2 pounds?? come on. Plus my love handles are sore again.

Brat, I hope you get some MEEE time before that party.

EZ you did so well!!! pat yourself on the back.

EZMONEY
08-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Hit the same 'o 183 again this morning...

Just had leftovers from last night for brunch and Angie is making halibut tonight...

but she leaves in the morning for 3 days....I am on my own...

no one to control my portions....

could be trouble

jendiet
08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
EZ let us keep you accountable. You will be ok. stupid 183. I hate 176 myself.

mtiger
08-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Back from my very enjoyable trip. The weather was great, the beach was awesome. Lake Michigan is COLD!!! I was out in public in a swimsuit. No idea how many bazillion years it's been since that happened. I wasn't even uncomfortable. I really had fun. Maybe I should do that more often????

COme home to a broken air conditioner. OMG!!! It is HOT in this house. It is really muggy too, since storms and rain are on the way. Hopefully my ex can fix it tomorrow. If not, I'm running away to a hotel again. LOL!!! I am hoping that when I get on the scale in the morning it will give me good news. I worked out on the treadmill one night and swam a few laps in the pool.

Gary- Good job maintaining buddy!!! Hey, it's better than gaining, right??

Brit- Sounds like you have been very busy. Slow down and relax a little sometime.

Jen- Hope your plan is working for you. I usually gain a bit after anything strength, but lose after and all cardio workout.

See ya tomorrow. I am just going to go sweat my butt off now. HA!! Wouldn't that be nice???

jendiet
08-16-2009, 07:57 PM
well today I got to see the lovely 1-7-4 on the scale. It was 174.8--but oh so beautiful when it graced me with its presence. today was my higher calorie/higher carb day. I took in about 1700 cs compared to 600 yesterday. I was just not feeling food yesterday.

tiger! I hope your a/c gets fixed. I would just die. the sweating will make your metabolism kick in more to try to keep you cool.

blondebritbrat17
08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Mtiger and Jendiet- I am trying hard to slow down and take some time for myself. I've already turned down several requests to go out for happy hour this past weekend and for after work this coming week. I just don't have the money as well but I want to go home as soon as possible after work and sack out and take care of myself.

Mtiger-That's awful! Glad you had a nice time but isn't that the pits coming home to a broken AC? That happened to my parents and me one time after we came back from Florida I believe. It was awful! Hope your ex can fix it for you!

EZMONEY-come on! Stay strong

This past Saturday and today I've pretty much done nothing and have not left the house and have just laid around watching tv resting. It's been nice actually and been doing some cooking. Tonight we are going to put the treadmill in my bedroom and I will get back on track. I'm sure I've gained weight since this past TOM was a difficult one in comparison to others due to the other infections I had and so I indulged too much. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to assess the damage and report back. I start back to work tomorrow as well.

Have a good night!

EZMONEY
08-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Well I got a call from my son yesterday afternoon asking what I was doing. I told him Angie was going to a beach yoga party that I opted out of. He says why don't we go out to dinner, since my daughter in law was cheering down at the Charger game...he gave his tickets to my ex-wife and my daughter. It was a pre-season game and his mom hadn't seen our dil cheer yet.

Well we went and it was a calorie train wreck!

We went to our local sports bar to watch the games....it was buy one pizza get one free :carrot: night and discounted beer....guess what I had "plenty" of ;) We did bring one of the pizzas home and I sent 1/2 of that home with him....the rest I took down for breakfast/lunch today.

Angie made it to Vegas safe and sound so I am on my own for dinners....I can behave....without eyes on me...if I want to ;)

Seriously, she never says a word to me...just shows by example.

I did make a vegetarian chili this afternoon for my lunches....seems to be pretty good from the samples I had of it. It better be I made a huge pot! A lot of hominy, zucchini, pinto beans, chilies and onions in it.

Glad the trip was fun for you MINDY ...hope it cools for you too and the air conditioner is a cheap fix!

JEN :carrot: for the 174! I would be estatic to get back to that number.

BRAT I am proud of you for passing on the Happy:)Hours. Glad you were able to have a relaxing week-end!

HELLO to the rest ot the TEAM!! Hope all is well DUTCH ~ MRSAUGIE ~ SUPER J ~ :hug:

Onederchic
08-16-2009, 09:36 PM
I must be getting old and need glasses. I read this -

JEN :carrot: for the 174! I would be estatic to get back to that number.

as

"JEN :carrot: for the 174! I would be elastic to get back to that number."

I thought EZ wanted to be a rubberband or the waistband of a pair of my old pants :|

jendiet
08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
lol. Well, Maybe Gary does want to be elastic too...heh. Too cute. well the 174 is a little dampened by that .8...but I'll get rid of it...mwuhahhahha.

good for you sending 1/2 of that evil pizza away. Don't worry about the beer binge. It's great your son took you out! Your making up for it with the veggie dinner. yay for Angie being safe and a good example.

Brat yay for down time!!!

dutchgirl
08-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Jen, way to go on the 174!

EZ you CAN get there too! The chili sounds nice.

Blond, good for you for taking it easy this weekend. You needed that.

Mindy, your trip sounds so good, glad you had some fun. Not so nice that your AC quit.

I had a lovely weekend, the BF was here and even mundane stuff like getting groceries and going to the hardware store can be such fun together. I was not good on the food-front, but at least I didn't gain.

mtiger
08-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey!! Here is good news. The AC was easy to fix and my ex did it in about 10 min. for free. YAY!!! The scale is being very stubborn. I was 181.8 today, so back to my lowest but I was hoping for 180 or 179. I just don't understand why this is so difficult this past month.

Jen- YAY for you. I hope to join you there soon.

Brit- Good job slowing down and relaxing. Work will start soon enough and things will be crazy.

Gary- Glad you had fun with your son. Sometimes we just need to kick back and relax a bit. Just get back on track now!! Alrighty???

Dutch- How nice to be able to spend time with the BF. Enjoy it while you can.

EZMONEY
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi TEAM ~

I hit 184.6 on the scale this morning...but I knew that was coming!

Tonight it is halibut and risotto that Angie made me for last night's dinner....should have had that!

Might have lost a bit at work today...

if yelling at your guys burns calories...I'm good!

Grown men forget how follow basic functions when they get a week-end off...

arrghhhaghhhrgghhhr

dutchgirl
08-18-2009, 12:19 AM
208 this morning, but I fully deserved that one after this weekend. My food choices were not good, and my BF encourages that to an extent, but it is MY responsibility and I failed myself. So back in the saddle, salad with tuna for lunch.

jendiet
08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
ugh! I posted and it got eaten. So I will post tomorrow.

Onederchic
08-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry Jennifer, it was me..I was hungry :|

dutchgirl
08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Sorry Jennifer, it was me..I was hungry :|

How do you enter that one in your calorie log?:D

jendiet
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
LOL...shame on you onderchic! Quit eating posts. Well, I am soo sooosooo busy. emphasis on BUSY. But I wanted to come in and report a scale victory.

173.6!!! I haven't seen those numbers since 2006. Oh my gosh. Of course I will be eating quite a bit more food today than yesterday. I am also not so sore.

Well, I will be back later this evening to check up on you all and to repost my ramblings I tried to post last night!

dutchgirl
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Oooooh yessss Jen, way to go! :carrot:

mrsaugie
08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
hi everyone hope all is going good. well i am still at 183. other wise not much new going on here. maybe next time i will have more to say.

mtiger
08-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Going to an amusement/water park today with my son and his girlfriend. That should be fun. I am looking forward to floating on the lazy river. Not much into all the rides, but it will still be fun. This is my last week of summer. Next week I will need to go into school and move my stuff and start setting up. The following week is filled with meetings, then the next week......children. My, it has gone fast.

Still in the low 180's. Dang!!!

blondebritbrat17
08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
So it is day three of work and I survived. The work week is going very well and I am enjoying myself. Food plan has been better this week. Today I got a subway sandwich for lunch. I am up a bit like I had suspected but only up to 206. I was expecting more since I was really just gobbling things down this past visit from TOM. Well I need to figure out what to do for dinner so ttyl!

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 12:15 AM
How does that song go?...oh yeah....People...people who eat people...are the luckiest...

183.4 this morning...with Angie out of town that is a good number! she is back so I had salad for dinner!

This year BRAT is gonna be the year you figure work/eating healthy out!

MINDY Angie goes back Friday...friday? wtf....the has kids next Thursday

MEESH ~ DUTCH ~ JEN ~ MRSAUGIE....peace!

jendiet
08-20-2009, 12:26 AM
ok, the only GOOD thing for my plan I accomplished today is when we went for chinese food (my idea) I ate low carb. It was easy. All the food is so delicious. I stuck to meat and veggies and fatty not sweet sauces. I ate that meal . and eggs and cucumbers. So I don't think my calories were atrocious. I am proud of myself for that. NO real exercise though. However, I bought me some more exercise equipment. I have a lot to do tomorrow too. I will fit in cardio and strength. anybody know what I can do to make my ab muscles heal quicker?

dutchgirl
08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Thank you EZ, peace is just what I need. I am having problems with insomnia again. Go to sleep nicely, only to wake up 2 or 3 a.m. and can't go back to sleep to save my life. After several days of this I am just so very tired.
And here I am wondering why my motivation to diet and exercise (or do much of anything else for that matter) is flagging so badly at the moment. This girl just needs sleep!
208 on the scale this morning, most of it water judging by how swollen my fingers feel.
Sorry about the "blech" attitude this morning.:p

I am grateful that my back is feeling good
I am grateful for having my lovely BF in my life
I am grateful for having my lovely family in my life
I am grateful for being alive on this lovely day
I am grateful for having my little furry monsters
I am grateful for my 3FC family

Hope you all have the bestest day!:sunny:

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
JEN! you go girl!

DUTCH ~ I have been awake from 2-3 until I get up at 4:15 for the last 2 weeks...stinks!

I too use my "just rest in the Lord" attitude and thank Him for my blessings...I don't always go back to sleep but it sure beats being PO'ff and mad!

mtiger
08-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Well "I AM" PO'd and mad. I didn't even get a little whoosh after TOM this time. WTF??? I am furious and mad and sad and disappointed and frustrated and whatever else I can think of. The kicker is, I eat good, workout regularly and still...nothing.

"You know it makes me wanna shout"

Anyway, I will be back at work Monday, moving my stuff, again. I think this will be 4 years in a row, and one year I moved twice. I am hoping that getting back into a routine will jump start the weight loss again. I do know this. I do not want to be in the 180's or the 170's for the rest of my life.

Sorry for ranting, but that is the mood I am in.

Brit- glad work is going ood. so far.

Gary- Good luck with Angie being gone. Just keep maintaining. That is at least a good thing.

Jen- Glad to see you making those sensible choices.

Dutch- Hope you get some sleep soon.

jendiet
08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
aww mtiger. That does stink. Maybe it's taking its sweet time to show up???

I didn't exactly get a whoosh either. Although I didn't weigh myself til later in the day and I was 175.4. I have been flirting with 173 so I hope that is confirmation I am getting down to it. I want to hit 170 by the end of this month. that is my goal!

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
183.4 again this morning....

not going to go down tomorrow either...Angie had a drs. appointment then went to knitting class...leaving me to fend for myself again....

another dinner of hot dogs rolled up in tortillas with cheese and onions and a can of chili...and chips....

sodium and calories to the max!

On a good note...only 2 hot dogs and they were Hebrew national low fat ones....40 calories.

MINDY Angie is back...I know she would not be a happy camper if she had to move her class!!

Be good team....be good

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
you will hit it JEN!

jendiet
08-20-2009, 11:12 PM
OMG EZ...you eat just like my SO. He does that same stuff. hot dogs, and he loves CHILI beans. He practically lives off them. Great job on the better hotdogs!

My SO has no fat on his body, and he sports a six pack on his small frame. so maybe eating like that is good for guys???

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I have a 6 pack on my frame too....

1 in each of my 4 pockets....1 in my hand and ....well....one in my other hand just in case I drop one....

dutchgirl
08-21-2009, 02:23 PM
You forgot to mention the spare ones in the beer fridge...
Maybe we should get you one of those hats with space for 2 beers and a tube coming down to your mouth? Then you could have an 8-pack, or a six-pack and free hands for the hot-dogs.

I'm a fine one to talk, though. Went completely off the rails food-wise, ate pretty much everything that went past my face.
Being much better today, though.

EZMONEY
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the support...(did I just say support?.....wink) DUTCH!

mtiger
08-21-2009, 08:30 PM
You guys are funny. At least I found something to smile about. It certainly wasn't the scale. Anybody have a jack hammer??? I surrender!!!! 182.4. :(

EZMONEY
08-21-2009, 08:44 PM
184.4 for me MINDY...

those hot dogs with cheese and the chips caught up with me...

dutchgirl
08-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Sorry, Gary, that came out sounding mean-spirited and that was certainly not my intention. :o