Old 07-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/HEALTHY

Height: 5"6

Default I have to say this...

I can NOT get over how amazing all you woman (and men) are for showing everyone that if you stick to a goal you can do it.

I see people who were in the 300 hundred range now in onederland and I sit in envy and amazement.

I have been toying with the idea of getting weight loss surgery for well over 9 years now and for some reason I just don't want to give up on doing it the natural way. Not that there is anything wrong with the surgery. I believe it is a wonderful tool and very happy that it is available.

You all are so strong and so dedicated and I am grateful that we have 3FC so that you are able to show us that being at a healthy weight is attainable as long as you believe in yourself and stick to your plan.

Thank you all for sharing!

P.S. Sorry but I'm in a gushy/lovey mood today.
Inkabetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #2  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

The people here are an inspiration!
That is one of the reasons I am sticking to it,this time!

Last edited by Tracy; 07-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

This site and the people here have an interesting relationship to me and my weight loss, that's for sure. I don't think I could stick to my plan as well as I do without my participation here. I don't quite know why, exactly, but that doesn't mean I'm not so, so, so grateful to you all.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

First, you CAN do this! Absolutely!

Second, it is a MUCH more difficult journey without the folk here at 3FC. They are a wonderful source of help, support, comfort, and accountability!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

I truely think what impersses me most is all the "successes" that are still here, posting daily and giving those of us just starting out encouragement and support! It is AWESOME of you guys!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You can do this too. Jump aboard and make yourself at home. There is plenty of room for everybody--the more, the merrier!

3FC provides me a supportive community that offers answers too. I am glad you are here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

The support here is great. For me it's accountability, I suppose. I guess I could have chosen just not to keep coming back but that didn't occur to me. Given that I kept coming back and also that I couldn't see the point in not telling the truth, I have just found it impossible to return and say 'I didn't try' today.

And well done on losing a whole stone!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I have to agree. When I see people here who were/are in the same situation as me and they are making it work. I know I can do it too!! That's why I love this board.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

This place is such an amazing board to be a part of Without all of the gals/guys here on the 100lb board I would have never been privy to their insight & wisdom to help me through my journey. What I learned from all of them has helped me stay on track and totally changed my views on losing weight.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLee View Post
I truely think what impersses me most is all the "successes" that are still here, posting daily and giving those of us just starting out encouragement and support! It is AWESOME of you guys!
And ya know why we're still here? - because we still need the support. Yes, we LOVE to help out and would do anything to just have even one more person "succeed", because we want EVERYone to know this wonderful feeling, but at the same time, it's helping us as well. Keeping weight loss on the forefronts of our minds. "Speaking" with like minded people who share our experiences. Re-enforcing the ideas and behaviors that are needed to continue to keep the weight off. Reminding ourselves that the journey is never over.

And I am grateful to have this place and to be here. Grateful, beyond belief.

And yes, Inkabetty - you too most DEFINITELY CAN lose the weight. It's a doable thing. Don't ever forget that. It IS something you CAN do. It's not some crazy, hare-brained scheme. It's a proven fact. Believe that you CAN do it. Really, really BELIEVE it - because you can.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
And ya know why we're still here? - because we still need the support. Yes, we LOVE to help out and would do anything to just have even one more person "succeed", because we want EVERYone to know this wonderful feeling, but at the same time, it's helping us as well. Keeping weight loss on the forefronts of our minds. "Speaking" with like minded people who share our experiences. Re-enforcing the ideas and behaviors that are needed to continue to keep the weight off. Reminding ourselves that the journey is never over.

And I am grateful to have this place and to be here. Grateful, beyond belief.
As usual, Robin has articulated how I feel, perfectly!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #12  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
+1
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #13  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This board is such an amazing inspiration with all the wonderful people who have lost their weight. It's so great to know that weight loss can be maintained as long as the commitment is there to keep it up. We don't have to be part of the statistics that says we will gain it back.

It is also so wonderful to be a part of a board where people share not only their success, which inspire and spur us onward, but they share their failures and their pain. I know that on 3FC, I'm not alone in this struggle. Yes, I've still got a long way to go and sometimes I’ve strayed far off the road to success, but coming here and really participating on this board makes me feel that I will be one of those who someday will inspire others that they too can reach their goals.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #14  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Just think soon enough you'll be the one inspiring others!

Last edited by Idealmuse; 07-02-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is a perfect opportunity for me to say to YOU CountingDown, that there will be MANY times I'll go to answer a post, you've gotten there ahead of me, I'll read what you say, and then I don't even bother to post - because you've already said the same EXACT thing I was going to post. Saves me a lot of time .
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote