Metabolic Research Center - MRC***Take 37***July Thread

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC***Take 37***July Thread

Dolly
07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Ah, a new month. A new beginning.

On Monday I'll have been on the green menu 60 days.

Still feeling good about everything.

Since I won't be getting overtime for a while, I think I'll concentrate on exercising.

What are everyone's July goals?

MRChopeful
07-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I got off preconditioning today (with no weightloss but no weight gain in the last 3 days) and started the yellow menu for day 1-4. I have to admit I was surprised that the food selection went down so much and every meal is pretty much already predetermined. I think it might be a rough four days for me, but its only 4 days right?

lookinfine09
07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi All

My July goal is to run a 5k on the 25th. I started a running program 4 weeks ago and the end result is running in a 5k. I've never been a runner, so it was a bit far fetched, but the training seems to be going good so far. I had WI today and I'm officially down 22.5 pounds. I was pretty excited about that. Another goal I have is to lose another 10 pounds this month. We'll see. I realize the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to get the pounds off. I have a renewed spirit about the program today. I needed that drop in weight as I've been plateauing for a while and was getting pretty frustrated.

kristih6
07-02-2009, 04:16 PM
It is only four days so hang in there. Your menu will change on day 5-10 and then once more and that will be the menu you are on until you reach your goal. There are alot more choices on the 5-10 day menu and then even more on your final menu. All still have the same guidelines protein at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fruit choices increase along with the vegetable choices.

Hang in there - I have had a slow start but am trying to stay motivated to keep going. I have only lost 6lbs, but think I gained some back because I have been travelling for work. My goal is to get back on track and shoot for a loss next week when I go to WI. I am only able to WI once a week since I live so far away from my center. I am going to cross my fingers and focus real hard to stay OP this weekend and next week.

kristih6
07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I am going to set a mini goal for myself in the month of July and that is to lose 8lbs and to workout 30 mins 3 times per week.

I think I tend to get overwhelmed with the big picutre of wanting to lose 36lbs. I really want this done by the end of my contract which is 9-26-09, since my son's 5th b-day is on the 9-28 and come on I cant still be using baby fat as my excuse!

So that is what I will do I will look at it in small chunks and when I accomplish the goal I will treat myself to a massage and lord knows I could use one of those!

lookinfine09
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Kristi

I like the way you think. Baby steps all the way....I can't look at the big picture as it seems to far off. I treated myself to a pedicure when I lost the 10 pounds to keep me motivated. I'm thinking the massage is the way to go for my next goal! Great idea. Best of luck to you!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/flower02/lb/193/145/170.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MRChopeful
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM
My mini goal is to make it the 4 days staying completely OP and hopefully lose about 3 pounds by next Thursday. For the entire month of July I hope to lose 10 pounds - that would be amazing and a motivator for me to stick with it.

namaste
07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Have a wonderful, safe holiday everyone!

I'm having a garage sale tomorrow so send me lots of $$$ luck!

Lori123321
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Had a hard WI on Tuesday, infact was so upset I avoided writing about it until today. I told my center that finances were tight and was told that the only thing I had to buy was the HNS and take the MVTmultivitamin tablet)(/flax seed oil. They did not say I had to buy from them, just the HNS. Well Tuesday, they told me in order to guarantee the program, I had to buy from them. I read my contract and it did not specify that the MVT and flax seed oil had to be bought from them. Just that I had to take suppliments as required. It was the straw that broke my back. I felt like everywhere I turn, someone wants money from me. It was too much, I started crying. I told them I had no money, not even enough to purchase a months worth of MVT. Has anyone else had them say that the flax seed and MVT had to be bought from them?

noahsmama
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
:hug:Had a hard WI on Tuesday, infact was so upset I avoided writing about it until today. I told my center that finances were tight and was told that the only thing I had to buy was the HNS and take the MVTmultivitamin tablet)(/flax seed oil. They did not say I had to buy from them, just the HNS. Well Tuesday, they told me in order to guarantee the program, I had to buy from them. I read my contract and it did not specify that the MVT and flax seed oil had to be bought from them. Just that I had to take suppliments as required. It was the straw that broke my back. I felt like everywhere I turn, someone wants money from me. It was too much, I started crying. I told them I had no money, not even enough to purchase a months worth of MVT. Has anyone else had them say that the flax seed and MVT had to be bought from them?

I am so sorry that you had to endure this. My center at the very beginning told me that only the HNS's were required to be bought from them and that the MTV/flax were required, but could be bought else where. I already know that I've ruined my contract so I'm not concerned about that. Do you have reason to be worried about your contract or is just the simple fact? I know about money, I'm to that point now where it's HNS's vs. pills and of course it's going to be the HNS's. I'm so sorry because from what I've read on here, you're going through a lot with your job, guy friend, and such and now this. Just take a deep breath and take one moment at a time. That's what I have to do many times a day if/when I get/feel overwhelmed. :hug:

msim
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
My mini goal is to make it the 4 days staying completely OP and hopefully lose about 3 pounds by next Thursday. For the entire month of July I hope to lose 10 pounds - that would be amazing and a motivator for me to stick with it.

MRDhopeful, you definitely can do it and a major weight loss like 10 pounds can really help you focus and keep on track.

Had a hard WI on Tuesday, infact was so upset I avoided writing about it until today. I told my center that finances were tight and was told that the only thing I had to buy was the HNS and take the MVTmultivitamin tablet)(/flax seed oil. They did not say I had to buy from them, just the HNS. Well Tuesday, they told me in order to guarantee the program, I had to buy from them. I read my contract and it did not specify that the MVT and flax seed oil had to be bought from them. Just that I had to take suppliments as required. It was the straw that broke my back. I felt like everywhere I turn, someone wants money from me. It was too much, I started crying. I told them I had no money, not even enough to purchase a months worth of MVT. Has anyone else had them say that the flax seed and MVT had to be bought from them?

I only buy the HNS from my center. In fact when we go over what I am taking it is always prefaced by the counselor saying 'you are taking your own flax and multi vitamin and coq10'.

You are a tough chick and I mean that sincerely; you had a laundry list of stuff a few weeks ago that just one item from that list could derail a person's day/week/month and you just kept going and going. It is just a frustrating situation, one that unfortunately too many people in our country are facing with unemployment being so high. You are a smart, resourceful, capable woman that people can depend upon and you are going to have a new job and a paycheck soon! Those damn vitamins and flax pills are not going to get the best of you!

Gsmom
07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
I hate that happened to you. I am getting started and doing it on my own. I just really can not afford the joining fee again and all of the supplements. I am buying my drinks online and the other supplements elsewhere. Keep going. You can do it!

dkmd27
07-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Lori .... I'm so sorry you got bad info from a counselor. The bottom line with the contract, is that when you eat off plan, the guarantee is not good anyway. Don't worry about the contract and the guarantee -- the only way the program doesn't work for you is if you are not doing it, that's why the "guarantee thing" is safe for them to put in there. I know what you feel about the money, it's why I purchase my HNS at Dietdirect ... they are the exact same products in different company packaging. And other than the intro pack of the supplements, I've never taken any, and it didn't make any difference to me (everyone is different though). Hang in there, just keep working the program and you'll be fine. Next time, ask for a different consultant at your center. You can do this!!

vabbus
07-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Everyone, I have been on vacation with my sister for a week and did not do as well o/p as I would have liked. I got back Wed. afternoon and am trying to loose what I gained before I go in tomorrow.
Lori So sorry to hear about your problems. My center has never pressured me to buy. I have bought the HNS from them, but found it much cheaper on sale from dietdirect. The drinks are on sale this week. I got 14 boxes, a free sample pack, free shipping and a 10% discount. I paid 95.62 which is about the same price as 10 boxes at the center. I joined the end of May and have lost 16 lbs. I need to loose 19 more by the middle of Sept. Best of luck

noahsmama
07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I went to WI this morning and they mentioned that your body fat % has to be 28% before they will let you start stabilization. Right now, mine is at I think 39% or so, but I don't remember. They said if I lose 35 pounds of pure fat that I will hit that. Are there any special tips from anyone out there that would me to optimize my fat % loss? I'm doing the max 4 HNS's per day.

khunter
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I got off preconditioning today (with no weightloss but no weight gain in the last 3 days) and started the yellow menu for day 1-4. I have to admit I was surprised that the food selection went down so much and every meal is pretty much already predetermined. I think it might be a rough four days for me, but its only 4 days right?

I too only lost 1/2 pound a week of preconditioning, but have lost 12 pounds since. So keep going, the first 4 days is pretty rough (especially the first day) but it really makes you appreciate the food that they add later.
Good luck

Gsmom
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Noahsmama-The best thing I knw for that is weight training, because the more muscle you have the more fat/calories your body burns at rest. You may increase your weight, but body fat and inches should be much less.

MRChopeful
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Lori - I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at your center. I know that you are only required to purchase the HNS from them and you can get your other supplements elsewhere. I'm not sure why your consultant tried to tell you otherwise but rest assured that she was in the wrong. I also know how stressful and overwhelming it can be when everything seems to come down on you all at once. As with everything else just try to take it one day at a time and tackle one obstacle at a time. Good luck.

fireice13
07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
So I haven't posted in awhile but things are going ok. I've lost 25.5 pounds now and I'm really happy about that but I only have 4 weeks left on my program and I don't want to have to re-enroll and pay more so I'm really worried I'm not going to get the weight off in time and the director said she wouldn't make me re-enroll if I was within 5 pounds of goal but it's still stress I didn't need right now. I'm moving out of town in 2 weeks to a city that doesn't have a center and I need to start packing and everything. It's like the last thing I need is to stress about losing the rest of the weight. I just don't know what to do right now.

thelish
07-03-2009, 05:22 PM
:hug:Lori, I am so sorry for your experience. I agree with everyone else, ask for a different consultant next time...and you might even think about speaking with the manager. The behavior you experienced is not OK nor is the information your were provided correct.:hug:

Mawmaw to 2
07-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm just getting started thru mail order and was told I had to buy the hns and flax from them.

khunter
07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I have a question about ketosis. I have not registered that I am in ketosis hardly at all in the whole time that I have been on this diet. That is probably due to my own little "cheats". I am still losing though. Not necessarily the 3-5 pounds a week but I have lost around 14 pounds in six weeks and I OK with that. My center has not put much emphasis on registering in ketosis. I believe that the mere reduction in calories and eating the right kinds of food, has caused my weight loss.
I guess my point is that I have small cheats each week and continue to lose slowly and that makes this plan bareable (sp?) to me. I think we each know what we can live with. Just wondering if anyone else is in similiar situation. I keep reading everyone's posts and it seems there are so many that are completely OP about everything and I envy them in a way for being so disciplined. KUDOS to you all!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

reuselady
07-04-2009, 11:42 AM
khunter - if you are feeling thirsty, have a slight metallic taste in your mouth and are losing fat not lean mass (check when they weigh you on the Tanita) then you are just in ketosis and that is as far as you need to be. If the ketostiks are showing a bright pink to maroon, you are probably too far in ketosis and burning lean mass as well as fat.

You are correct, eating sugars will back you off from ketosis so if you can avoid sugar in your 'cheats' and find other things that you love that don't have HFCS you will be better off. Alcohol is metabolized before foods and will not put you out of ketosis but will get you much drunker than normal so be careful with using that as a 'cheat'. I had the smallest (youngest) ear of sweet corn instead of my bread earlier this week - it was the first fresh corn of the year and I couldn't resist - but it will be my only piece this year, sadly.

I only lost 1 lb on preconditioning but have been happy with the steady rate of lbs lost. I don't want to be on this program any longer than necessary so I am trying to stick to it as best I can. jeanette

reuselady
07-04-2009, 11:59 AM
khristih6 and lookinfine09,
Great ideas for rewarding yourselves for achievements! No need to wait till the final goal is accomplished - find (non-food) rewards for the mini goals!

Manicure, pedicure, haircut and style, new (smaller) clothes ,of course! Go someplace special - museum, arboretum, (where the walking can be enjoyable as well as good exercise).

About the massage - our center had a massage therapist come in and talk to us about Medical MassageTherapy. I have had both my hips replaced and have arthritis in other places. I still walk funny and have aches and pains from my hips and knees. I decided, along with losing the weight, exercising in a warm water pool twice a week, and walking when I can, I could use the massage to get my muscles in better share. The therapist has been able to identify and work on a number of places where the muscles are knotted up and sore from years of misuse.

Our center has also setup yoga classes in the conference room twice a week. I had taken yoga years ago before the hip replacements and I have missed it. I started going as often as I can and even though I can not sit on the floor (she has me sit in a chair when everyone else is on the floor) I have noticed I have more flexibility and movement in just 4 weeks.

So these are things I am doing to reward myself - they keep me busy, drinking water and getting in better shape as I am losing weight. Now if only I could find the time to get all the things done that need to be done, like laundry, dishes, housecleaning . . . ah, well, vacuuming is good exercise, right?!?
jeanette

khunter
07-04-2009, 01:26 PM
khunter - if you are feeling thirsty, have a slight metallic taste in your mouth and are losing fat not lean mass (check when they weigh you on the Tanita) then you are just in ketosis and that is as far as you need to be. If the ketostiks are showing a bright pink to maroon, you are probably too far in ketosis and burning lean mass as well as fat.

You are correct, eating sugars will back you off from ketosis so if you can avoid sugar in your 'cheats' and find other things that you love that don't have HFCS you will be better off. Alcohol is metabolized before foods and will not put you out of ketosis but will get you much drunker than normal so be careful with using that as a 'cheat'. I had the smallest (youngest) ear of sweet corn instead of my bread earlier this week - it was the first fresh corn of the year and I couldn't resist - but it will be my only piece this year, sadly.

I only lost 1 lb on preconditioning but have been happy with the steady rate of lbs lost. I don't want to be on this program any longer than necessary so I am trying to stick to it as best I can. jeanette

Thanks Jeanette, I was just looking at our stats. We joined the same month started within one pound of one another, our goal is the same and we are close to the same loss. Just found it interesting...LOL

dkmd27
07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Jeanette .... I started this program following my hip replacements so I didn't have so much weight on them. I now need both knees, but don't want to have them done until I get the rest of the weight off, it will make the rehab easier. I'm trying to put that surgery off another year. However, my exercise has really dropped off due to the knee pain. But you still lose, just not as quickly. But I'm persistent, so I will prevail eventually!! That's great that you can do some yoga. I did yoga also before my surgerie, but as you said, not being able to sit on the floor easily makes it a little challenging!

As far as ketosis goes, some people never go into it, just their individual body chemistries .... but with sugar, you won't.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th.

Lori123321
07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I have a question about ketosis. I have not registered that I am in ketosis hardly at all in the whole time that I have been on this diet. That is probably due to my own little "cheats". I am still losing though. Not necessarily the 3-5 pounds a week but I have lost around 14 pounds in six weeks and I OK with that. My center has not put much emphasis on registering in ketosis. I believe that the mere reduction in calories and eating the right kinds of food, has caused my weight loss.
I guess my point is that I have small cheats each week and continue to lose slowly and that makes this plan bareable (sp?) to me. I think we each know what we can live with. Just wondering if anyone else is in similiar situation. I keep reading everyone's posts and it seems there are so many that are completely OP about everything and I envy them in a way for being so disciplined. KUDOS to you all!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Just a thought, if you are drinking a lot of water it dilutes your urine. And you might be getting a false negative result on the ketone sticks. I noticed that if I WI later in the day after drinking a lot of water, I never test positive.

lookingforaloss
07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Has anyone done meta quick? I'm on the green meta slim menu. Do I eat a bar for breakfast, shake for lunch and then my regular evening meal? I can't get to the center until Thursday and would like to start this option. Thanks for any help!

joz
07-06-2009, 04:46 AM
:hug:Lori, I am so sorry for your experience. I agree with everyone else, ask for a different consultant next time...and you might even think about speaking with the manager. The behavior you experienced is not OK nor is the information your were provided correct.:hug:

There is a counselor in the office I go that I will not WI with. She is just snotty and mean. You can lose 5 lbs and she makes you feel bad for it not being 6. I was upfront with the manager and I think I offended her but oh well!

Hang in there Lori! :hug:

reuselady
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
khunter - That is interesting! This program does work and we must be following it correctly.

Deb - I was 45 when they told me I would need a hip replacement - I waited 5 years and it got to the point where even taking anti-inflammatories twice a day, I would be exhausted when I went to bed, half an hour later I would be wide awake because of the pain. When I saw the videos of my parents 50th wedding anniversary and was told - that cripple hobbling around in the videos was me! - I scheduled surgery. In preparation for surgery, the doctor ordered aquatic physical therapy to strengthen my muscles. I am fortunate that our municipality has a warm water (88-92 degree) teach/therapy pool in an indoor facility so I started 3 days a week for the 6 months before surgery. I was able to stall the second hip replacement by 7 years and I still go 2 days a week, hour to hour and a half each time. If you have access to an outside pool where you can walk laps or circles (without tripping over tons of kids) your knees might really appreciate it. Then try to find an indoor facility for the cooler weather - sometimes hotels with indoor pools will allow locals to use the pool for health reasons. jeanette

vabbus
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Everyone, I just got back from a weeks vacation last Wed. night. I was not as good as I should have beedn and on my scale I had gained 21/2 lbs. I got back o/p Thurs. and went in to weigh today. I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I am glad I lost, but it make me angry with myself that I could have been down more. We our leaving again and I am determined to stay O/P.
Best of Luck to all of you.

Dedge
07-06-2009, 12:39 PM
My husband and I joined the center on March 20th 2009. I am down 47.5 and he is down 52. It really works. Although it is getting tight on the wallet...i would like to continue. Any advice??

Dolly
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
vabus, 2 1/2 pounds isn't bad for a vacation. I try to think of these cheats as preparation for our lives beyond the diet. We're sort of learning how to reign ourselves in when we are on our own.

I do know what you mean though. I ate off plan on Saturday and I was only a half pound of signing the 30lb. board this morning.

Lessons learned, I guess. :)

Succeed09
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, I made it back from an 8 day trip. I lost 2 pounds, which isn't bad I guess, but I missed signing the 30 lb board by 1/2 pound! I was there according to my home scale, and usually it matches MRC. The MRC scale bounced back and forth, but alas it stayed at the 29.5 mark. I guess that will keep me focused for Thursday's WI!

I've enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts. Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations for all the losses, and hugs for those struggling.

For those planning to travel, I do recommend the Walden Farms individual packages of salad dressings. That really helped keeping restaurant salads OP.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week!

Dedge
07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
We havent gone off plan yet. Scares me to, hahahahaha
Where are you guys at in plan?

vabbus
07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
My husband and I joined the center on March 20th 2009. I am down 47.5 and he is down 52. It really works. Although it is getting tight on the wallet...i would like to continue. Any advice??

Try dietdirect.com. Each week they have a sale and it is some cheaper.
Good Job so far. You and your hubby have done great.

vabbus
07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
vabus, 2 1/2 pounds isn't bad for a vacation. I try to think of these cheats as preparation for our lives beyond the diet. We're sort of learning how to reign ourselves in when we are on our own.

I do know what you mean though. I ate off plan on Saturday and I was only a half pound of signing the 30lb. board this morning.

Lessons learned, I guess. :)

Thanks and you will get to sign that board.:):bravo:

vabbus
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
We havent gone off plan yet. Scares me to, hahahahaha
Where are you guys at in plan?

That is wonderful:carrot::carrot: Keep up the good work. I joined the end of May and have lost 17 1/2 lbs. and have 17 1/2 to go.

msim
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Good Morning Everyone, I just got back from a weeks vacation last Wed. night. I was not as good as I should have beedn and on my scale I had gained 21/2 lbs. I got back o/p Thurs. and went in to weigh today. I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I am glad I lost, but it make me angry with myself that I could have been down more. We our leaving again and I am determined to stay O/P.

vabbus-Congratulations on getting right back on program! I don't know about you, but it is hard to get out of my little routine! I was very glad to get back to work because all of my food here is 'safe' food.

Dedge you and your husband are doing great! Does your center do 10 boxes for $90? If so that is a way to save a bit. Dietdirect.com is another place to get the HNS; I saw a recent posting someone got them down around $7.99 a box by buying in bulk.
Are you buying supplements at your center? I don't buy any from them at all, everything is much cheaper elsewhere. I do notice the savings in my groceries though. I tend to buy the same amount things each week and produce right now is very reasonable. Ground turkey breast is my highest ticket item, but 1 pound at $3.99 is 4 meals worth of protein and that is less than a fast food meal. I buy liquid egg whites and just use 3 ounces for my breakfast. My center's director said that was a no-no, as there is likely to be something added in. I have done it ever since I discovered them in the grocery store 3 1/2 months ago, so it isn't affecting my loss.

I used to eat out quite a bit and since I rarely do that anymore I able able to afford my HNS with what I spent eating out.

vabbus
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I am not sure how to get the ticker. I am trying but am not sure if this will work.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/192.5/157.5/175/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

daizy hotrocks
07-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I am on my first day of the yellow diet. I was in preconditioning for 9 days and lost 6 lbs. I am supper surprised! I had lost 30 lbs on my own but was in a plateau since October. I am finally in the 150's for the first time in 7 years. I have stayed op except for the mistakes of A1 and a couple other condiments before I knew they were not approved. This is my first day trying the HNS and so far so good. I haven't been hungry since I ate breakfast this morning.

My 10 year high school reunion is the end of the month so my goal is to be in the 140's by the 31st... and to stay op!

daizy hotrocks
07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Can someone tell me how to add the ticker? Thanks!

Lori123321
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, I made it back from an 8 day trip. I lost 2 pounds, which isn't bad I guess, but I missed signing the 30 lb board by 1/2 pound! I was there according to my home scale, and usually it matches MRC. The MRC scale bounced back and forth, but alas it stayed at the 29.5 mark. I guess that will keep me focused for Thursday's WI!

I've enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts. Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations for all the losses, and hugs for those struggling.

For those planning to travel, I do recommend the Walden Farms individual packages of salad dressings. That really helped keeping restaurant salads OP.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week!
Wow, you lost on vacation? Fabulous job.
Think I hit my next plataue. After my great 4.5 pound loss, I have been losing and gaining the same 1.5 pound. Frustrating! Well, with all that is going on I guess I am glad not to be gaining it all back. Stress bites!

Suz175
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Wow, you lost on vacation? Fabulous job.
Think I hit my next plataue. After my great 4.5 pound loss, I have been losing and gaining the same 1.5 pound. Frustrating! Well, with all that is going on I guess I am glad not to be gaining it all back. Stress bites!

I know how you feel Lori! I am OBVIOUSLY stuck on a plateau too :devil:. I have been gaining and loosing the same stinking pound for over a week now! I went and had my one month measurements done and lost 13 inches in 2 wks (which made 25 inches for the month) and that helped but every morning I get up and get on the scales to see the same number and I want to SCREAM:tantrum: I hope this is over SOON before I loose my determination!

dkmd27
07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
the concentrate HNS are on sale this week (Mon-Sun) on dietdirect dot com or bariatricchoice dot com (they're the same thing). They are 7.99 per box, cheaper if you buy in bulk. anything over 79 dollars is free shipping and if you purchase over 99 use the coupon code saveme10 and it automatically takes 10 percent off, and if you're buying a lot, there are higher coupon codes, such as saveme15, saveme20, etc. perhaps that can help some of you.

Goose
07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Everyone!
I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs. during Preconditioning! Today was my first day on the yellow menu. At lunch, it just seemed like those 8 oz. of veggies kept growing! Despite the huge amounts of veggies on the yellow menu, I am excited about actually beginning the "real" diet today.:carrot:

Goose
07-06-2009, 06:21 PM
the concentrate HNS are on sale this week (Mon-Sun) on dietdirect dot com or bariatricchoice dot com (they're the same thing). They are 7.99 per box, cheaper if you buy in bulk. anything over 79 dollars is free shipping and if you purchase over 99 use the coupon code saveme10 and it automatically takes 10 percent off, and if you're buying a lot, there are higher coupon codes, such as saveme15, saveme20, etc. perhaps that can help some of you.

Thanks for the info! I am always up for saving some money!:D

lcmaly
07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Well I have a little update. I've on week 6 of stabilization (wahoo!) and can't wait to be finished. I've been struggling mentally but now it's that I can't convince myself that I should be happy with my weight. When I originally started they set my goal at 143.5 based on getting me down to 26% body fat. Well mid-way through the program they realized the Tanita wasn't measuring my body fat percentage correctly (I needed to be entered in as an "Athlete" rather than a "Normal" person). Well, once they realized that and measured my body fat (I think I was 156 lbs at that point) I had already hit the 26% goal...actually SURPASSED IT (I think I was at 25%)! They never re-evaluated my weight goal after that but I kept losing more and more body fat. Now I'm between 18-20% body fat (depending on the day) and down to 152-153.5 lbs (depending on the day). But for some reason I can't convince myself that I don't need to lose anymore weight. When I step on the scale each morning and see 152 I feel a little disappointed. Why is that? I'm at a VERY healthy body fat percentage and the 152 lbs is JUST A NUMBER! So I'm really struggling with myself on that.

Also, I think my body is finally back to normal. I ate off program a few times during my journey. Each time I ate off program I'd gain 8-10 lbs (water weight). I could eat WAY off program or eat just a tiny bit off program and no matter what my body would go crazy and gain all that water weight. Well, yesterday I don't know what happened but I ate a lot of ice cream, some cereal, pistashios...all things definitely not a part of the stabilization menu! And I only gained 2 lbs this morning. I think I probably consumed 2 lbs of food so that's probably some of it right there! :) But if I would have eaten ANY of that food earlier on the program, I guarantee I would have been up 10 lbs. 2 lbs is so manageable to me. I'm right back on plan today and wouldn't be surprised if those 2 extra lbs are gone by tomorrow morning (or by Wednesday morning at the latest).

So anyway, just wanted to give a little update. I just hope I can get over this mental hurdle and convince myself that 152 lbs is a GOOD weight and I need to stop being disappointed with a silly number. I'm freaking less than 20% body fat! Not many people can say that.

thelish
07-06-2009, 07:37 PM
lcmaly - way to go! I like a quote that I adopted "stole" from another person...we use the number on the scale not because it is the most accurate but because it is the most convinent.

Also, I noticed several people asking about other sources for HNS and supplements so I bumped an old thread...after market HNS...

Dolly
07-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Icmaly,

Years ago I was anorexic so I have a little understanding into body image issues.

When you first started losing weight, did you picture your body differently when you hit your goal? Is there a certain body type you wish you had?

You have worked hard and stuck to your weight loss committment with fantastic results. I'm very proud of you even though I only know you from this website.

I think we get locked into this "I must lose weight" mind set that is very hard to switch off when we've achieved a healthy weight. Since we don't want to relapse, it's hard to turn that part of our brain off. We've become hardwired to get our gratification from the decreasing number on the scale. Your subconscious may just be protecting you from letting go of the scale mentality. In time you may readjust how you see yourself.

If you decided to go ahead and get down to 143.5 would that be an unhealthy weight for you? If not, I would say go ahead and lose a little more and see how you feel.

Also, it must be a letdown to discover you're already there at the finale without any mental preparation. I remember getting down to a certain number and thinking "Is this it?" There was no fanfare, just me in my knowledge that I had accomplished a weight of 132 and my life wasn't that different.

You also may be discouraged because you no longer have a reason to challenge yourself. There's a great deal of satisfaction in seeing that weight drop off and now you don't have that to look forward to.

These are just some ideas. I've been awake over 24 hours now so I'm probably rambling quite a bit. I'm sure our veteran MRCers could offer some great advice.

Dedge
07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Day 100 and I am down 50.5!! I have another 60 or so to go. :o)

Succeed09
07-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Wow!! Fantastic! Keep up the great work, and congratulations! :bravo:

Dedge
07-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Thank you! My husband and I are both dedicated to this lifestyle change...
You are doing fantastic also! Way to go!!

noahsmama
07-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Thank you so much for the updates this week as I use the concentrates the most!! I just bought my usual 10/$90 at the center totaling $97 and I can get 14 boxes for the same price! So awesome!

Dolly
07-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Congratulations, Dedge! You must feel fantastic!

noahsmama, I must have missed the post where you signed the thirty pound board. Congratulations to you too! Who was your counselor when you weighed in for this?

noahsmama
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Congrats to you!! That's fantastic

Congratulations, Dedge! You must feel fantastic!

noahsmama, I must have missed the post where you signed the thirty pound board. Congratulations to you too! Who was your counselor when you weighed in for this?

Thanks for noticing, but I didn't post about it. I guess I just wasn't in the 'mood' lol, as weird as that might sound. I had Joy (the manager) on Saturday and they even took my picture signing the board! So maybe my mug will be up there by the time you sign it, ya never know. You'll be signing it before you know it!

Dedge
07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I actually am having a hard time seeing or feeling the change :o(

lcmaly
07-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Icmaly,

Years ago I was anorexic so I have a little understanding into body image issues.

When you first started losing weight, did you picture your body differently when you hit your goal? Is there a certain body type you wish you had?

You have worked hard and stuck to your weight loss committment with fantastic results. I'm very proud of you even though I only know you from this website.

I think we get locked into this "I must lose weight" mind set that is very hard to switch off when we've achieved a healthy weight. Since we don't want to relapse, it's hard to turn that part of our brain off. We've become hardwired to get our gratification from the decreasing number on the scale. Your subconscious may just be protecting you from letting go of the scale mentality. In time you may readjust how you see yourself.

If you decided to go ahead and get down to 143.5 would that be an unhealthy weight for you? If not, I would say go ahead and lose a little more and see how you feel.

Also, it must be a letdown to discover you're already there at the finale without any mental preparation. I remember getting down to a certain number and thinking "Is this it?" There was no fanfare, just me in my knowledge that I had accomplished a weight of 132 and my life wasn't that different.

You also may be discouraged because you no longer have a reason to challenge yourself. There's a great deal of satisfaction in seeing that weight drop off and now you don't have that to look forward to.

These are just some ideas. I've been awake over 24 hours now so I'm probably rambling quite a bit. I'm sure our veteran MRCers could offer some great advice.

When I started losing weight years ago (I lost about 50 lbs on my own over the last 6-7 years) each time I hit a goal I would think "if I just lost X more lbs I wouldn't have this flab anymore". I kept thinking more weight dropped would result in a tighter tummy and no overhang/muffintops. Well, at 152 I can say my tummy is the tightest it's ever been and to everyone else in the world, I don't have ANY overhang or muffintops. But to me I see that tiny little buldge, you know?

One of my biggest problems though isn't related to "fat" but rather a combination of thick skin and somewhat inelastic skin in my lower abdominal area. I've been told by 2 plastic surgeons that I have thicker than normal skin that may seem like fat but it isn't. Also, because I was so heavy when I was younger and up until 6-7 years ago, my lower abdominal wall actually seperated much like a pregnant woman's does. So my lower abs (below the belly button) are poofy even though when I flex they are rock solid. So although I'm SO happy with the way my body looks right now, I always think "if I just lost X more lbs I wouldn't have this pooch anymore". But I know that isn't going to happen!

You are right...we are all so used to wanting/needing to lose weight it's tough to get our brains to switch to the mode of wanting to just maintain. We're all told over and over again through magazines, TV, friends, family that we all need to lose weight. If I were to continue on and try to get down to 143.5, I would be flirting with being underweight. And as an adult competitive athlete, my performance would suffer if I was that small.

I just need to convince myself that 152 is just a number. I'm a size 6 (probably a size 4 in some stuff) which is unbelievable for a 6 foot tall woman. I'm less than 20% body fat which is awesome. And most importantly, I see myself in the mirror and I honestly CAN see a change and I'm happy.

angelofsc
07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Yesterday I weighed in and didn't lose a pound by the scale at the center. I wasn't discourage in any way. I believe that is because I read about the plateau before it occured. I weigh in again on Thursday I am hoping for a big number then. If I don't see at least a 3 to 4 pounds weight lose I think I will be very bothered at that point. Well keep up the good work everyone and hope to hear your success stories soon.

MissZsaZsa
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Everyone sounds so dedicated; they rarely go off plan. I'm still struggling hour to hour to stay on plan and more often then not, give in to the chocolate/ sugar cravings. I'm trying to do better, but having to think about my food this much is alot. I think my biggest hurdle is that I haven't embraced the whole shopping list, preparing, weighing your food thing. Which isn't bad, but I'm getting really tired of nothing but salads. I do have the cookbook, but it seems overwhelming to try to plan and cook ahead so much. I generally just cook chicken at night with a vegetable and then use the leftover chicken for lunch with a salad.

I'm not asking for suggestions, just trying to get over the mental hurdle of focusing on food this much. I'm having a terrible time trying to get all the water and HNS in. I know how important it is, just doesn't seem to be enough time to drink that much liquid.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Lori123321
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Everyone sounds so dedicated; they rarely go off plan. I'm still struggling hour to hour to stay on plan and more often then not, give in to the chocolate/ sugar cravings. I'm trying to do better, but having to think about my food this much is alot. I think my biggest hurdle is that I haven't embraced the whole shopping list, preparing, weighing your food thing. Which isn't bad, but I'm getting really tired of nothing but salads. I do have the cookbook, but it seems overwhelming to try to plan and cook ahead so much. I generally just cook chicken at night with a vegetable and then use the leftover chicken for lunch with a salad.

I'm not asking for suggestions, just trying to get over the mental hurdle of focusing on food this much. I'm having a terrible time trying to get all the water and HNS in. I know how important it is, just doesn't seem to be enough time to drink that much liquid.

:hug: to you. Vent away! This is just as much of a mental thing as it is about food and water. We are all struggling with cravings. I find voicing them with a trusted friend or writing them down on here takes some of the power away them. Also, with chocolate, I try to imagine it tasting like the worst, chalkiest type of chocolate ever. lol, cheap fighting tactics with those dreaded cravings! But they fight dirty!

lookingforaloss
07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere to buy the fiber drinks cheaper than MRC?

Lori123321
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Everyone!
I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs. during Preconditioning! Today was my first day on the yellow menu. At lunch, it just seemed like those 8 oz. of veggies kept growing! Despite the huge amounts of veggies on the yellow menu, I am excited about actually beginning the "real" diet today.:carrot:

Try filling up the 8oz with the heavier veggies like cucumbers. It gets easier. Didn't do the yellow or blue menu but when on the green or beige, you can do 4oz of cooked veggies. A little more managable.

Lori123321
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Crystal Light has a fiber drink with protein that is comparable and cheap. It is with the on the go mixes. Comes in Strawberry Banana flavor, found it at Walmart. Good Luck

Lori123321
07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
lcmaly
It sounds like you have transformed your body to reflect the beautiful, healthy image you have of yourself. You are amazing! Take a look at the reasons you started this program, are they still on the to do list? If you are no longer worried about them, I would suggest putting away the scale and use your clothes to "measure" your gain/loss.

daizy hotrocks
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM

I am a newbie too! Something thats helped me with the water is using a straw. I seem to drink much more with a straw. I use a rubbermade water bottle that has marks all along the side to show 16 oz and 32 oz, this way if I don't think I can drink the whole thing I still know I drank 16 oz. I also write down every time I finish a glass or bottle so I can see a progression throughout the day.

Good luck!

lcmaly
07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
lcmaly
It sounds like you have transformed your body to reflect the beautiful, healthy image you have of yourself. You are amazing! Take a look at the reasons you started this program, are they still on the to do list? If you are no longer worried about them, I would suggest putting away the scale and use your clothes to "measure" your gain/loss.

You are so right!! One thing I wrote down as a goal of mine for this program was to be able to wear a size 8 (maybe a size 6). And I actually surpassed that! I wear a size 6 (maybe a size 4)! Another goal was to lower my body fat percentage. I was thinking of only getting down to 26% but now I'm under 20%! So again, I surpassed that goal.

I do need to put away the scale. But I'm so nervous about doing that because I've always weighed myself to keep me in check. If I see I'm up a pound or two, that is enough for me to really concentrate on what I eat and make sure I'm making good choices. When I do that, those extra lbs vanish quickly. I just worry without weighing myself I won't be able to keep myself in check and I'll gain weight without noticing.

lookingforaloss
07-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks Lori! I think I will track those down!

Succeed09
07-07-2009, 07:06 PM

I started using 'gummy' fiber...generic from Walgreens. Like gummy bears, only they look like gumdrops. I have 2 each afternoon with my afternoon HNS. It's like a little treat and gives me the extra fiber to fill me up until dinner.

asherdwn
07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I started using 'gummy' fiber...generic from Walgreens. Like gummy bears, only they look like gumdrops. I have 2 each afternoon with my afternoon HNS. It's like a little treat and gives me the extra fiber to fill me up until dinner.

sounds yummy. lol

dkmd27
07-08-2009, 01:50 PM
dietdirect dot com sells the fiber drinks .... they are WonderSlim Fulfill Fiber Supplements (that's the name, it's the exact same product as the center sells). They are about the same price as the center unless they are on sale, and they are not on sale this week. They have the red fruit flavored ones, iced tea ones, and a cherry and orange gelatin kind (these two have 15 more calories -- 35 calories and 5 grams of fiber). When they are on sale, they are 7.99 per box.

lookingforaloss
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks Deb in Colorado! I just ordered some concentrates from that site. I was wondering if different things go on sale each week. Good to know I will need to keep checking in for sales. I ordered 12 boxes of concentrates for $82 with free shipping! That's 6.83 a box! Yeah!

Karen1234
07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey Everyone,
I am happy to say that I was finally able to sign the 40 lb board this week, Yahooooo!! My last few posts have certainly reflected by frustrations and struggles but I feel like I have finally managed to get my head back in the game and on the right track again. Thanks and :hug: to everyone for your support; your comments really helped me remember that I am worth it, I deserve it and I will get there. You know the old saying, "This too shall pass", well it's true and so it finally did. It is still amazing to me though how weightloss is seemingly 95% mental, the rest just gives you something to do. OK, maybe the other stuff is important too but you know what I mean. It's kinda funny, If all had gone as planned I would have signed that board 3 weeks ago and was 1/2 a lb away from it before everything went haywire. I ended up gaining 1.5 lbs and now losing 2.5 to get there... but, I have no regrets, this was a very important lesson for me that I hope will continue to carry me through. I've been working out more lately, running and toning with bands. I really do love what running is doing for my body... I've always had pretty heavy thighs with those ugly saddle bags and a kinda flat butt, Crazy enough I'm starting to get more shape to the butt, firmer thighs and the saddle bags are shrinking... I guess I'm literally running it off :D ! Sometimes I close my eyes for a few seconds while running and imagine the fat ever so lightly peeling away and floating off behind me, that usually makes me smile and helps me keep running a little longer LOL. Hope everyone has a great OP rest of the week! :dust: for everyone and stick with it, YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!

msim
07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Everyone,
I am happy to say that I was finally able to sign the 40 lb board this week, Yahooooo!! My last few posts have certainly reflected by frustrations and struggles but I feel like I have finally managed to get my head back in the game and on the right track again. Thanks and :hug: to everyone for your support; your comments really helped me remember that I am worth it, I deserve it and I will get there. You know the old saying, "This too shall pass", well it's true and so it finally did. It is still amazing to me though how weightloss is seemingly 95% mental, the rest just gives you something to do. OK, maybe the other stuff is important too but you know what I mean. It's kinda funny, If all had gone as planned I would have signed that board 3 weeks ago and was 1/2 a lb away from it before everything went haywire. I ended up gaining 1.5 lbs and now losing 2.5 to get there... but, I have no regrets, this was a very important lesson for me that I hope will continue to carry me through. I've been working out more lately, running and toning with bands. I really do love what running is doing for my body... I've always had pretty heavy thighs with those ugly saddle bags and a kinda flat butt, Crazy enough I'm starting to get more shape to the butt, firmer thighs and the saddle bags are shrinking... I guess I'm literally running it off :D ! Sometimes I close my eyes for a few seconds while running and imagine the fat ever so lightly peeling away and floating off behind me, that usually makes me smile and helps me keep running a little longer LOL. Hope everyone has a great OP rest of the week! :dust: for everyone and stick with it, YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!

:congrat:
Karen! Way to go! What an inspiration you are!

Totally agree with you about this being a mental game, but in the long run the lessons learned are invaluable!

Karen1234
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
:congrat:
Karen! Way to go! What an inspiration you are!

Totally agree with you about this being a mental game, but in the long run the lessons learned are invaluable!

Thanks msim :)

rip
07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I noticed a mention of the Walden Farms dressing. Reading the label it looks like it would not be a problem zero everything. My center said not to use it does anyone know why. It would make my meals so much better.

Joined MRC May 9, 2009
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

khunter
07-08-2009, 08:20 PM

The counselor at my center says that being able to get back on the diet after being Off Program either a day, week, or whatever is just as much an achievement as staying on the program. It proves that we can handle life after MRC. So congrats to your victory ... and weight loss.

I am leaving for vacation on Friday and talked to her about this today and she said to enjoy myself and don't stress about eating. Stay OP as much as I can and when I don't just make "right choices" and manage my portion control. It takes a lot of calories to gain a pound of fat and that is why we lose so fast after a "cheat" because it is mostly water retention.

angelofsc
07-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

Kudos to you on signing the 40lbs pound board. I can only imagine how you feel, but keep up the good work.

khunter
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Just wanted to post again today after I updated my ticker. Lost 3 pds at WI today!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Succeed09
07-08-2009, 08:48 PM
I noticed a mention of the Walden Farms dressing. Reading the label it looks like it would not be a problem zero everything. My center said not to use it does anyone know why. It would make my meals so much better.

Joined MRC May 9, 2009
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/244/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

My center is the one that recommended them to me....so I have no idea why different centers are saying different things. They did tell me they weren't sure about some of the other WF products sold on their web site, like peanut butter, jellies, etc. But the salad dressings they said were fine, as well as their syrup.

rip
07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Suceed09,
Thanks for the info. I have made a note in my handy-dandy notebook to ask about it Fri. when I WI.

Khunter,
Congrats on the 3 pds. that's fantastic

angelofsc
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Just wanted to post again today after I updated my ticker. Lost 3 pds at WI today!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrads on 3 more pounds. Keep up the good work.

thelish
07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
So I have made it through the first 10 days. I had a little crisis of faith last night but was better after realizing that the new menu was coming today! I can't wait to have a choice about raw or cooked veggies and TOMATOES!!!

Weighed in today down 3.5 more for a total of 7.5 in the first 10 days!!!

Karen1234
07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
So I have made it through the first 10 days. I had a little crisis of faith last night but was better after realizing that the new menu was coming today! I can't wait to have a choice about raw or cooked veggies and TOMATOES!!!

Wow, You're rockin this! Keep up the great work :0)

My center is the one that recommended them to me....so I have no idea why different centers are saying different things. They did tell me they weren't sure about some of the other WF products sold on their web site, like peanut butter, jellies, etc. But the salad dressings they said were fine, as well as their syrup.

Hey Succeed, my center says WF salad dressings are ok but must limit to no more than 2 tsp/tbsp per meal. I have found them to not be as great as they seemed, the taste was off, some downright gross and still wasn't enough dressing for my salads. Now I use Olive Oil & Red Salad Vinegar which seems to go alot further and provide alot more flavor. I still use the syrup though, that is very good. Good Luck :0)

Congrats!

vabbus
07-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Everyone,

Congratulations Karen:carrot::carrot: Keep up the good work.

vabbus
07-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Great Job:congrat:

Lori123321
07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Hey Everyone,

Yeah Karen! You are so right about the mental game. And since our own mind is our greatest obstacle, we are just fighting with ourselves. And this is a fight we can win!

Lori123321
07-09-2009, 12:56 AM
So frustrating, gained a half pound. Now I have 1 pound to go until I sign the 20 lb board. Lost the 4.5 pounds and then gained it in water, then lost it again with another 1.5 pounds. Then gained a half pound. Just feel like my body is battling over this weight. I just wish it would just come off steady instead of this up/down stuff. Uggh!
Know it will come off in time, stay op and keep plugging along. But dang it, some times it is such a hard fight to not eat off plan, we should see some type of consistant response.

dkmd27
07-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Yay Karen, Yay Lish!! WOO HOO

thelish
07-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Karen way to go!!!! 40 lbs gone for good!

Dedge
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
So my goal for July is to hit the 205 mark. I would LOVE to hit 202 (since I havent been there since 8th grade!!!) We'll see...if I want to this 202 I need to lose another 17 lbs! I am going to try and step up my water. Any suggestions guys?

noahsmama
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Congrats Karen! That's so awesome!!

angelofsc
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. And I feel you on the start of the new menu. I think today is the best day ever since I started the plan. I started the green menu today. I have eaten so much salad the past 10 days I though I was having the same thing for lunch today until I went across the hall and saw that I had something totally different and than I remember I have options now for lunch besides salad. LOL Well once again good luck and keep reaching for your goal.

kristih6
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Well I have been faithful this week - trying to get back OP. I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning so I am hoping for the best. However everyday that I have stepped on the scale at home it shows a weight gain each day. Could it be all of the water I am drinking? I just cannot seem to lose and it is so frustrating. Its like I cant get my body into ketosis. I drink the max HNS and have been taking Phena-Trim. Well we will see what tomorrow brings.

Congrats to all with your great loses!!!!!! I am so excited for you all :)

thelish
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM
angelofsc - it seems that you are doing well too! I am with you on the salad thing, I like veggies, I really do...but all the salad was killing me off :)

vabbus
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The counselor at my center says that being able to get back on the diet after being Off Program either a day, week, or whatever is just as much an achievement as staying on the program. It proves that we can handle life after MRC. So congrats to your victory ... and weight loss.

I am leaving for vacation on Friday and talked to her about this today and she said to enjoy myself and don't stress about eating. Stay OP as much as I can and when I don't just make "right choices" and manage my portion control. It takes a lot of calories to gain a pound of fat and that is why we lose so fast after a "cheat" because it is mostly water retention.

Thanks, Good luck and Enjoy your vacation. We are leaving on Sat. for 10 days also. I am not going to stress but I am going to do my best. I am so close to 20lbs.:):):)

msim
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
So frustrating, gained a half pound. Now I have 1 pound to go until I sign the 20 lb board. Lost the 4.5 pounds and then gained it in water, then lost it again with another 1.5 pounds. Then gained a half pound. Just feel like my body is battling over this weight. I just wish it would just come off steady instead of this up/down stuff. Uggh!
Know it will come off in time, stay op and keep plugging along. But dang it, some times it is such a hard fight to not eat off plan, we should see some type of consistant response.

Hang in there Lori! Have they done your measurements or run the Tanita lately? You KNOW things are happening, just may not be showing on the scale on WI. That .5 pound is not representative of an extra 1750 calories consumed--it is just crazy physiology of our bodies. Before you know it, we will be high fiving you for your loss!!!!!

thelish and khunter :bravo: on your losses!

Dedge--I am will you on! I need 17 pounds, well 18 really to get me to onderland! Haven't been there in 8 years, but I really liked it when I was there!!!!

asherdwn
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. And I feel you on the start of the new menu. I think today is the best day ever since I started the plan. I started the green menu today. I have eaten so much salad the past 10 days I though I was having the same thing for lunch today until I went across the hall and saw that I had something totally different and than I remember I have options now for lunch besides salad. LOL Well once again good luck and keep reaching for your goal.

Im on day three. (done the program before) I hear yall on the salad part. If you try to make an 8oz salad with just lettuce... its turns out to be one Godzilla mound of lettuce.

Even though it's TOM for me, ive noticed that I am in a better mood and my body feels better (despite the cramps). I don't know if its mentally because Im know Im doing something great for myself or if its physically because my body is doing leaps of joy because of all the nutrition its getting (didnt even take a multi vitamin before). Its prolly both though. The only time I am getting hungry is at night when I am waiting on my husband to get home from the academy... he usually gets home around 10:40. I usually just drink a fiber type drink and im good. Then I do a HNS right before bed... cause your body processes it better when you sleep. Ive noticed that i have been remembering my dreams more.

Speaking of vivid dreams, Does MRC still have 5 HTP? That stuff was scary, especially for me. I have what they call an innocent heart murmer from a surgery i had when I was two... my heart never closed up when I was born... so to put kinda funny had a hole in my heart. lol. 5 HTP made my heart race when I was sleeping and It made me have night terrors. Weird huh? Your dreams are supposed to get back to normal once youve been on it for a while. Its supposed to help produce more serotonin in the brain.
Anyways... I was just wondering if the ADWL had it in their night time pill. Cause if it does... I am going to stay away from it.
:dizzy:

Dedge
07-09-2009, 05:13 PM
All day does have a night time pill. Check with the center though, I dont know if its the same as the 5HTP. I actually dream...and remember them!! Its fun! hahahahaha new adventure every night. hahahaha

Dedge
07-09-2009, 05:15 PM
msim
Looks like we are in the same boat. Would like to keep in touch. Let me know!! I have no idea what its like to be under 200....my weight in 8th grade (the number) haunts me! I would love to get rid of it this month!!!

asherdwn
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Since I am a habitual weigher... my mini goal will be not to weigh my self til the end of day 10. That will be next Friday morning.
Im doing this on my own and I know that when you go to the center you weigh in one or two times a week. I just want to see if I have the will power to not step on that scale til then. Would be nice to have a 10 lb loss. That would give me 30 lbs to go... and 30 just sounds so much nicer than 40. :dz: However, I will NOT be dissapointed if its not a 10 lb loss. ;)

msim
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
msim
Looks like we are in the same boat. Would like to keep in touch. Let me know!! I have no idea what its like to be under 200....my weight in 8th grade (the number) haunts me! I would love to get rid of it this month!!!

Dedge;
That number is not going to haunt you in three weeks and one day! That is 6-7 weigh ins away!

We can do it!

Dedge
07-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, We WILL do it!! :o)

Goose
07-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Since I am a habitual weigher... my mini goal will be not to weigh my self til the end of day 10. That will be next Friday morning.
Im doing this on my own and I know that when you go to the center you weigh in one or two times a week. I just want to see if I have the will power to not step on that scale til then. Would be nice to have a 10 lb loss. That would give me 30 lbs to go... and 30 just sounds so much nicer than 40. :dz: However, I will NOT be dissapointed if its not a 10 lb loss. ;)

asherdwn...I, too, am a habitual weigher! Every single morning I weigh and then am tortured if the scale doesn't move. Literally. I think my goal should be the same as yours. I get so down if I'm not "down"! LOL

asherdwn
07-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Goose:
I lied. I plan on weighing Sat morning which is the end of my first four days... then I will weigh on next friday which is the end of the second menu. Thats pretty reasonable though right?

Does anyone NOT have the support of their husbands? He seems so skeptical and critical of me sometimes. Like today when he got home, I said "I didnt do so well on my diet today... I didnt get all of my veggies in at lunch." and he was like "hmm. its only day two" in a sarcastic voice. I am done with day 3 thank you very much! lol. I could kinda understand if I had said "I went and had a hamburger and fries and a chocolate shake." But even then... if he were in my shoes I would be more encouraging. Really p*sses me off sometimes and makes me feel like im fat and ugly and will always be that way. ya know? uhg.
:cry:

Karen1234
07-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Goose:
I lied. I plan on weighing Sat morning which is the end of my first four days... then I will weigh on next friday which is the end of the second menu. Thats pretty reasonable though right?

Does anyone NOT have the support of their husbands? He seems so skeptical and critical of me sometimes. Like today when he got home, I said "I didnt do so well on my diet today... I didnt get all of my veggies in at lunch." and he was like "hmm. its only day two" in a sarcastic voice. I am done with day 3 thank you very much! lol. I could kinda understand if I had said "I went and had a hamburger and fries and a chocolate shake." But even then... if he were in my shoes I would be more encouraging. Really p*sses me off sometimes and makes me feel like im fat and ugly and will always be that way. ya know? uhg.

Asherdwn,
Don't let it get to you!! I went through a similar experience w/my hubby in the beginning. I had tried so many other diets, wasted alot of money on pills and schemes so when I came home and told my husband I wanted to join MRC and pay hundreds of dollars to start and hundreds of dollars on pills and drinks/bars etc, he was very skeptical and annoyed. I admitted I had a poor track record but I swore to him that I was going to do it this time, that I had found this website where lots of people were making it work and losing alot of weight and I just knew I could do it too. I made a promise to him that I would stick to it like glue for at least 2 mo., no quitting or whimping out, no matter what - this seemed to satisfy him and he finally agreed, gave his "blessing" per say and so I started MRC. And you know what, it has worked. I used that promise I made to him and his skepticism to motivate me to really stick to it and make it work. That's just what I needed to get off to a good foot. He watched me closely for the first month or so, was I eating on plan etc etc. He still does sometimes but after 2 mo. he realized I was serious and was seeing the results in front of his eyes. He always comes home and comments that I am the incredible shrinking lady and how happy he is that I stuck with it. He says I really surprised him. So, maybe something similar is going on with your husband and maybe you can try to talk it over with him. Mine has become very supportive and encourages me every step of the way now. No matter what, don't let it discourage you, instead let it motivate you more :0)

asherdwn
07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks Karen1234
His attitude does kind of motivate me... Makes me wanna be able to say "Ha!" later. lol. I think youre right about him being more supportive later on when he sees that this plan really works and that Im saving us money by doing it on my own.
I might go to the center when I have less to lose... ill need more motivation then and it will also be a bit cheaper.

You girls are gonna have to bear with me... ive been posting like crazy and thats kind of bc I am bored a LOT. I work in elementary and I have the summer off... on a two week vacation from teaching summer school. Just my puppy and me ALL day. Hubby works during the day and goes to the popo academy at night. Keeps me focused on eating what I am supposed to be eating though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!:dancer:

namaste
07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Goose:

I have a really supportive husband thankfully. However, I was reading your post and was thinking about what you said. In terms of "I didn't do so well on my diet today... I didn't get all of my veggies in at lunch"; is that really not doing well? You didn't go and have a hamburger, like you said.... So, why not try to re-frame your own thoughts about these days. Tell me all of the things you did right. And, don't rely on your husband to validate you. You are doing this. It's so great to come home and get that support, I know it is. But maybe try for a few days to come home and even if you didn't get all of your veggies in; tell him how great you feel; tell him how much energy you have. And then, sit him down and tell him how very important he is to you and how you are going to do this with or without him but you would really love to do it with his support instead of his sarcasm; that you need to get some positive reinforcement, especially in the beginning when you are trying to make this change into a new lifestyle. Tell him how much you want your life to be better, and you feel like this is the first step and you'd love to have him to be with you on this. Then.... move on..... keep going, regardless of the response. Because you are strong, and can do anything! :hug:

namaste
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
asherdwn...I, too, am a habitual weigher! Every single morning I weigh and then am tortured if the scale doesn't move. Literally. I think my goal should be the same as yours. I get so down if I'm not "down"! LOL

I weigh everyday also. I thought I would change after I got to goal but I haven't, it's more of a "checking in" than anything for me. I know for me at the beginning and through program, it helped me to see the fluctuations through the week. I could gauge where I was at, what was my normal fluctuations, etc.... for example, cottage cheese! Cottage cheese would kick my butt into a plateau because of all the sodium but seeing that daily weight, then using my food diary and the consultants "eyes" we were able to figure it out pretty quick. Things like that. ;)

asherdwn
07-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Namaste and Everyone else.
You gals are great. I do feel SO much better.. I think that alone can help to motivate me. :)

lookinfine09
07-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Namaste

I just read your MRC story on your blog! I am so proud of you. What an absolutely amazing story you have. You are an inspiration. I love that you've found the woman inside you. I had tears in my eyes the whole time. Way to go!

Karen1234
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a really supportive husband thankfully. However, I was reading your post and was thinking about what you said. In terms of "I didn't do so well on my diet today... I didn't get all of my veggies in at lunch"; is that really not doing well? You didn't go and have a hamburger, like you said.... So, why not try to re-frame your own thoughts about these days. Tell me all of the things you did right. And, don't rely on your husband to validate you. You are doing this. It's so great to come home and get that support, I know it is. But maybe try for a few days to come home and even if you didn't get all of your veggies in; tell him how great you feel; tell him how much energy you have. And then, sit him down and tell him how very important he is to you and how you are going to do this with or without him but you would really love to do it with his support instead of his sarcasm; that you need to get some positive reinforcement, especially in the beginning when you are trying to make this change into a new lifestyle. Tell him how much you want your life to be better, and you feel like this is the first step and you'd love to have him to be with you on this. Then.... move on..... keep going, regardless of the response. Because you are strong, and can do anything! :hug:

Well put Namaste :0)

MRChopeful
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I've been in a huff this week because I have not lost any wieght on the program so far and I keep seeing everyone's tickers falling. I know its only been two weeks but I was expecting something to have happened by now. I guess I just need to work on my patience and give it some more time. Blah!

asherdwn
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I've been in a huff this week because I have not lost any wieght on the program so far and I keep seeing everyone's tickers falling. I know its only been two weeks but I was expecting something to have happened by now. I guess I just need to work on my patience and give it some more time. Blah!

Are you going through a center or doing it by yourself? I am assuming you just got done with the blue menu and now on the green?
How is your water intake? I know not getting your water can sometimes blow you over in the weight department. I hope things start dropping! :hug:

MRChopeful
07-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I am doing the program through a center and will start the green menu on Sunday. I drink plenty of water, so much that I could swallow a gold fish and I'm sure that it could live a long and healthy life in my stomach. I get 120+ ounces of water. I was just expecting more since I used to eat out daily and now that I don't I have cut out at least 1500 calories a day. The center says they won't worry about it until Monday but what does that mean?

Lori123321
07-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Goose:

Asherdwn I am so sorry you are missing out on your husband's support. We all need all the help we can get. Remember, we are here for you. These ladies are the best. I also have tried every diet known to man (and woman) with varying results, but always temporary with a gain back plus. I noticed that my guy friend was acting difference towards me. He is not unsupportive but doesn't seem comfortable with the changes going on with me. Had made some comments like "it will never happen" when I mentioned I wanted to have a body like a woman we saw getting into a car. At first I was hurt but later I thought about it. I wonder if he is just as insecure as I am. They know and care about us the way we are, could be that they are not sure what to make of it if we change too much. Just speculating.
:hug:

Lori123321
07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I am doing the program through a center and will start the green menu on Sunday. I drink plenty of water, so much that I could swallow a gold fish and I'm sure that it could live a long and healthy life in my stomach. I get 120+ ounces of water. I was just expecting more since I used to eat out daily and now that I don't I have cut out at least 1500 calories a day. The center says they won't worry about it until Monday but what does that mean?

Sounds like you are doing everything right, I am not sure why you haven't lost. Have you been exercising too much? Was the diet a big change from what you ate before? Have you been eating the same things each day? Just trying to think of things that might help tweak you into losing.
We know this diet works, in time the weight will start dropping.

asherdwn
07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
And I got a Non sarcastic "Good Job!" from my hubby. :)
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.
Hope all of yall have a wonderful Saturday!

Goose
07-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.

Congrats asherdwn! 6.7 pounds in 4 days...awesome!! I suspect your hubby will continue to come around as he sees the program working; he may eventually become one of your biggest cheerleaders. Keep up the great work!:carrot:

noahsmama
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Congratulations! That's awesome!! :) I'm sure your hubby will come around, at least he better or he'll have to answer to us :) J/k

asherdwn
07-11-2009, 07:51 PM

I hope the center can figure it out! Make them take your measurments again and see if you are losing any inches. Hang in there! :) I'm sure youll see and feel results soon. Our bodies can be stubborn sometimes and it may need some time to get used to the caloric intake and type of food you are eating.

Everybody else: thanks for the encouragement. I like the results I am getting... And I am sure my husband will in a month or two...:p
yall are all amazing! Keep losing!

thelish
07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey wanted to tell you all about a find tonight at Walmart. While looking for the fiber drinks I found a new one...All Bran has a fiber drink, pink lemonade flavor, 10g of fiber per packet. The packets are huge, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow!

angelofsc
07-12-2009, 07:45 PM

I just wanted to say congrads on your weight lose and keep up the good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Lori123321
07-13-2009, 12:47 AM

So proud of you! You didn't use his nonsupport as an excuse to cheat. Just thinking that is something I would have done before! And 6.7 pounds in 4 days? You are melting! Good for you, and good for him for supporting you.

lcmaly
07-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Something has got to be wrong with me. I officially finished stablization last week and went in to maintainence. Of course, Friday-Sunday I traveled back "home" (where I grew up) for some family events. I'm not going to lie...I ate pretty poorly. I had a plenty of alcohol, a lot of carbs, and plenty of desserts. In three days I gained....wait for it....15 POUNDS!!!!!

Something HAS TO BE WRONG WITH ME! How the heck is it possible for a human being to gain 15 pounds in 3 days? Before MRC I would eat like I did these last three days and gain 5-6 lbs and then lose the 5-6 lbs over a week or so. But now I'm gaining 10-15 lbs when I eat poorly. I hate saying this because it's against everything I believe in (which is that each of us controls our life and bodies) but...THIS JUST IS NOT FAIR! I can't enjoy my life anymore without gaining a ton of weight? Did this MRC diet screw up my metabolism even more? I broke down in tears this morning when I saw that I had gained 15 lbs. I don't know how to deal with this stress anymore.

Back to plain chicken and green beans I guess.

asherdwn
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks AngelofSC and Lori123321! I get lots of encouragement and support from all the wonderful people on this board such as you. I was tired of feeling blah and insufficient. Know what I mean? Like I wasnt good enough or something.
I did this diet in 2004, I weighed 135 and wanted to get down to 120. I think I got down to 125 and then stopped. lol. I kept it off until 2006. So, I know it works. Ive done Medifast before and did not lose near as much weight this fast. And it blew. I LOVE eating real food.
Anyways, Yall are awesome!

Icmaly:
Girl... common sense says that most of that is Water Weight. Booze Booze Booze. Just drink TONS of water over the next couple of days and I bet you see a BIG decrease in that dreadful "gain" number.
You have accomplished SO much!
I think the lesson to keep in mind is that MRC teaches us HOW to eat. It gives us the tools to be able to keep our weight at what we are comfortable with. Just give yourself a maximum number you are comfortable with on the scale and when you reach that number go back to one of the menus.
Your body was just so used to "living the good life" that when you went and had fun it was like "HOLY SH*T!". lol.
I know that I am always going to battle my weight. Its something that I have come to terms with. I was the skinniest girl all throughout shool and could eat what ever I wanted. Mind you I was always active and riding horses (which is an awesome workout by the way). When I got married and moved to the city I had to leave my horses behind with my mom. I got sedentary. And gained 40 lbs. Its not easy to be at my ideal weight... but I am gonna get there.
So... Dont be discouraged. You are doing awesome, your body has changed for the better and it knows what is best for it. You just freaked it out a little. I dont know what I am trying to say. ha. I hope you got something from my babble! :D;)

namaste
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Namaste

I just read your MRC story on your blog! I am so proud of you. What an absolutely amazing story you have. You are an inspiration. I love that you've found the woman inside you. I had tears in my eyes the whole time. Way to go!

Thank you soooo much! I appreciate it! I love that I've found "me" too.:hug:

Goose
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Something has got to be wrong with me. I officially finished stablization last week and went in to maintainence. Of course, Friday-Sunday I traveled back "home" (where I grew up) for some family events. I'm not going to lie...I ate pretty poorly. I had a plenty of alcohol, a lot of carbs, and plenty of desserts. In three days I gained....wait for it....15 POUNDS!!!!!

Something HAS TO BE WRONG WITH ME! How the heck is it possible for a human being to gain 15 pounds in 3 days? Before MRC I would eat like I did these last three days and gain 5-6 lbs and then lose the 5-6 lbs over a week or so. But now I'm gaining 10-15 lbs when I eat poorly. I hate saying this because it's against everything I believe in (which is that each of us controls our life and bodies) but...THIS JUST IS NOT FAIR! I can't enjoy my life anymore without gaining a ton of weight? Did this MRC diet screw up my metabolism even more? I broke down in tears this morning when I saw that I had gained 15 lbs. I don't know how to deal with this stress anymore.

lcmaly,
I'm so sorry to hear you are discouraged and I completely and totally understand your frustration. I lost about 30 pounds on Atkins and felt fantastic. Then I noticed every single time I'd have a cheat day, I'd gain a ridiculous amount of weight. Needless to say, stress and life in general got the best of me and I gained it back and then some. I didn't realize that MRC was a low carb diet too, until after I'd signed up. I think anytime we lose weight in a low carb manner, whenever we cheat there is heck to pay. Just try to reason through this...it is just water weight and you'll have it off probably within a week. I guess the best thing to do when you lose the weight and go through maintainence is to realize that you're human and you're going to splurge from time to time. But then get back on your maintainence plan and it will all even out! :D Keep your chin up!

lcmaly
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
lcmaly,
I'm so sorry to hear you are discouraged and I completely and totally understand your frustration. I lost about 30 pounds on Atkins and felt fantastic. Then I noticed every single time I'd have a cheat day, I'd gain a ridiculous amount of weight. Needless to say, stress and life in general got the best of me and I gained it back and then some. I didn't realize that MRC was a low carb diet too, until after I'd signed up. I think anytime we lose weight in a low carb manner, whenever we cheat there is heck to pay. Just try to reason through this...it is just water weight and you'll have it off probably within a week. I guess the best thing to do when you lose the weight and go through maintainence is to realize that you're human and you're going to splurge from time to time. But then get back on your maintainence plan and it will all even out! :D Keep your chin up!

I have no problem getting right back on track but it's just SO discouraging to see a 15 lb gain in 3 days. I'm sure I'll be down at least 5 lbs by tomorrow but still...it's CRAZY! I knew MRC was low carb (not too low though...it's nothing like atkins!) but they assured me that once I finished with stabilization that I wouldn't gain this much weight when I do eat poorly. Before MRC I actually ate really well...but again with days (2-4 days a month probably) when I'd eat very poorly. The reason I went on MRC was not only to lose a little bit more weight but also so that I WOULDN'T gain weight like crazy when I did eat poorly. Ugh...I feel like being on MRC has made it worse.

What's going to be difficult for me this time around with dropping this (water) weight is I'm heading back "home" for my mom's wedding on Thursday. So I really only have until Thursday to drop this extra weight. I've lost 10 lbs in 5 days before but never 15 lbs. It's always so much harder to eat well when you aren't at home and can't cook for yourself.

Goose
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
I have no problem getting right back on track but it's just SO discouraging to see a 15 lb gain in 3 days. I'm sure I'll be down at least 5 lbs by tomorrow but still...it's CRAZY! I knew MRC was low carb (not too low though...it's nothing like atkins!) but they assured me that once I finished with stabilization that I wouldn't gain this much weight when I do eat poorly. Before MRC I actually ate really well...but again with days (2-4 days a month probably) when I'd eat very poorly. The reason I went on MRC was not only to lose a little bit more weight but also so that I WOULDN'T gain weight like crazy when I did eat poorly. Ugh...I feel like being on MRC has made it worse.

What's going to be difficult for me this time around with dropping this (water) weight is I'm heading back "home" for my mom's wedding on Thursday. So I really only have until Thursday to drop this extra weight. I've lost 10 lbs in 5 days before but never 15 lbs. It's always so much harder to eat well when you aren't at home and can't cook for yourself.

I feel like Atkins definitely made it worse for me. Every little time I treated myself, I had to pay for it. 5-10 pounds. It felt like I could never "catch up" so to speak. I'd lose the water weight but then back to square one. Definitely talk to your consultants when you go to the center, especially if you voiced this fear to them and they assured you it wouldn't be an issue. See what they have to say. Just do what you can do in the time you've got, and deal with it when you get back from your Mom's wedding.

namaste
07-13-2009, 05:48 PM

That happened to me when I went to AZ on vacation; lots of bad choices and I too was up 12-15lbs.... but by that Saturday (5 days later) I was right back down and it wasn't just by eating plain chicken and green beans, if that helps. I just went back to my healthy way of eating and drank my water.... and off it came. In terms of not being able to enjoy life; I think this is when you are learning how to enjoy life in moderation. When I had that gain, it wasn't moderate by any means....it was a full blown food and alcohol fest. I just don't think being normal looks like what I did. Plus, I felt like **** after I did it; physically.... awful. And, I do enjoy a treat or something less healthy at times, but I'm trying to learn how to do it in a less destructive way... and when I've done that, I don't have that big gain. I hope that helps.

Dedge
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Hang in there. You are probably retaining some fluids also. Give it a week or so...you will see it start to come off. Keep drinking plenty of water. All you can do is realize what those slip-ups do to us, and learn from them. its behind you...keep it there, dont bring those feelings into each day. Each day is a new chance to succeed! You can do it!!!!! :hugs:

dkmd27
07-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Hey wanted to tell you all about a find tonight at Walmart. While looking for the fiber drinks I found a new one...All Bran has a fiber drink, pink lemonade flavor, 10g of fiber per packet. The packets are huge, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow!

They have an iced tea one also .... when they are on sale, I've bought them in the past -- actually found a bunch at Big Lots for $1 per box. They're good, and the 10 g of fiber really helps.

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Uh oh. I had an orange tonight... :(

lcmaly
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Really...something has got to be wrong with me. I lost 9 lbs in one day. So now I'm only 6 lbs away from back to normal. I bet I'll lose at least 2 lbs tonight. This is NOT normal...

angelofsc
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey everyone,
I made it back from my weekend trip all right. I weighed in on Monday last week and lost 0lbs and weighed in again on Thursday and lost on a .5 lbs. I was so discourage after that but I still stuck to my program. I went in yesterday discouraged since I ate the best I could at the amusement park and I was down 2.5 lbs when I weighed in. I was so happy I didn't know what to do. So know that the ball in back rolling in my court I am going to work harder to get 7.5 lbs off by the end of the month. Well everyone keep up the good job because it does pays off.

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Really...something has got to be wrong with me. I lost 9 lbs in one day. So now I'm only 6 lbs away from back to normal. I bet I'll lose at least 2 lbs tonight. This is NOT normal...

I seriously bet that 9lbs was water weight.
Youre happy right?:)

Dedge
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
asherdwn.....
Turn that frown upside down!! you had an ORANGE! It is better then chips, or ice cream, or chocolate. That was such a good choice hun!! :) Dont be hard on yourself!

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Turn that frown upside down!! you had an ORANGE! It is better then chips, or ice cream, or chocolate. That was such a good choice hun!! :) Dont be hard on yourself!

Yeah. Ive done so good in not wanting or craving foods... but yesterday I watched Anthony Bourdain and he makes everything look so yummy. Im not even allowing myself to watch commericials now. lol.

lcmaly
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I seriously bet that 9lbs was water weight.
Youre happy right?:)

Well of course it was water weight. And the remaining 6 lbs I have to lose is water weight. To gain a pound of fat I'd need to eat 3500 EXTRA calories above my normal 2000 calories. I definitely didn't eat that much.

But the fact that my body can retain 15 lbs of water because of eating some "normal" foods...something is wrong with me. No one else I know can gain that much in water retention in such a short time...OR LOSE that much water weight in such a short time.

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Well of course it was water weight. And the remaining 6 lbs I have to lose is water weight. To gain a pound of fat I'd need to eat 3500 EXTRA calories above my normal 2000 calories. I definitely didn't eat that much.

But the fact that my body can retain 15 lbs of water because of eating some "normal" foods...something is wrong with me. No one else I know can gain that much in water retention in such a short time...OR LOSE that much water weight in such a short time.

Sorry, Just trying to be encouraging/make you feel better. :(

thelish
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Yummy treat from today :)

So I was looking through healthy cookings (published by taste of home) and found a recipe that looked super yummy but not on plan so I adapted and it was pretty good.

I took one peach and cut it in half. I then sprinkled the peach with splenda and cinnamon on the cut sides. I let it sit and heated up the george forman grill. I then placed the peaches on the grill cut side down! Let the peaches grill for about 10 minutes. Once the peaches have softened remove from the gril and cut into small pieces. While the peaches grilled I made a package of MRC vanilla pudding. When everything was done I put the peaches in a pretty bowl, layered on the pudding and sprinkled with the rest of the splenda and some cinnamon. It was super yummy...felt very decadent!

Okay just had to share! Have a great OP day!!!

lcmaly
07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Sorry, Just trying to be encouraging/make you feel better. :(

Awe! I wasn't trying to be snippy! Sorry if you took my last post wrong. I know you were trying to make me feel better. :)

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Awe! I wasn't trying to be snippy! Sorry if you took my last post wrong. I know you were trying to make me feel better. :)

Its cool. I know you are frustrated. Dieting in general is frustrating. lol.

lcmaly
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Its cool. I know you are frustrated. Dieting in general is frustrating. lol.

Yes, yes it is! I guess the good thing about this whole 15 lb gain/9 lb loss in a matter of days is that my husband (Mr. Skinny Man) finally understands my frustration. He was with me this entire weekend and saw exactly what I ate. He was absolutely shocked that I gained 15 lbs in 3 days and even more shocked that I lost 9 lbs over night. He would just laugh at me when I'd gain/lose 3-4 lbs in a couple of days but for me to gain/lose this amount...anyone would think that's crazy.

The good thing is I'm back on track and I'm sure I'll be back down to 152 by Friday. Or atleast that is my hope. I'm going to try my hardest to eat extremely clean through Friday night. Friday night I am going to a yummy italian restaurant for a Rehearsal dinner. At least my dinner is already chosen there (chicken...I don't even think I get pasta). Then Saturday is the big day (mom is getting remarried) so I'll probably be eating poorly then too. But then Sunday...right back on track. At least it's not heard for me to get back in my routine of eating healthy even after I go crazy with yummy, bad for me food. In fact, sometimes it easier because that yummy, bad for me food doesn't make me feel that great the next day. So I want to eat healthy/clean food at that point so that I don't feel gross any more.

ford4life69
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Random question, what's the difference in the white menu and the beige menu? And are there any differences for men on this program? My old middle school band director is asking me questions before he thinks about talking to the center and he's well over 250 so I told him I didn't know what they would have him do. If it's similar to the beige menu I started on then I could give him a better example but I don't want to lie to him and it's hard for him to travel so I don't think he's going to come up here *45 miles away* without a little more of an idea what it's all about.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Lori123321
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah. Ive done so good in not wanting or craving foods... but yesterday I watched Anthony Bourdain and he makes everything look so yummy. Im not even allowing myself to watch commericials now. lol.

Finding myself either wanting random way off plan foods that i see on the tv or drive by. They just built a McDonalds, Taco Bell and Taco Express, building a DQ/Orange Julius, already have a Carl's Jr, Wendy's, Arby's, Wing Stop, Subway, Baskin Robbins and Louie's Pizza all in the same shopping center or across the street within 1 mile of my house. Why does it feel like they are ganging up on me? haha!

Karen1234
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Finding myself either wanting random way off plan foods that i see on the tv or drive by. They just built a McDonalds, Taco Bell and Taco Express, building a DQ/Orange Julius, already have a Carl's Jr, Wendy's, Arby's, Wing Stop, Subway, Baskin Robbins and Louie's Pizza all in the same shopping center or across the street within 1 mile of my house. Why does it feel like they are ganging up on me? haha!

OML!! DRIVE THE OTHER WAY LORI, WAY THE OTHER WAY!! LOL

Fifties Lady
07-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks msim :)

Congratulations Karen....you have done so good with MRC....:carrot::carrot:

Fifties Lady
07-14-2009, 10:54 PM

How many calories are in those goldfish anyway...HMMMM. :?:

jeweliek
07-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Wow! Everyone seems to be doing really well. I just wanted to post that I finally made it to the green menu!!! I'm pretty happy

Lori123321
07-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone,
I made it back from my weekend trip all right. I weighed in on Monday last week and lost 0lbs and weighed in again on Thursday and lost on a .5 lbs. I was so discourage after that but I still stuck to my program. I went in yesterday discouraged since I ate the best I could at the amusement park and I was down 2.5 lbs when I weighed in. I was so happy I didn't know what to do. So know that the ball in back rolling in my court I am going to work harder to get 7.5 lbs off by the end of the month. Well everyone keep up the good job because it does pays off.

Great Job! You did fantastic and obviously made some great choices for your self. So hard to do when you are faced with limited choices. Proves you can lose this weight and maintain it when the time comes!

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I get to go to Ruidoso NM!! It is my absolute favorite place to visit and I havent been there in years. I am SO flippin excited!
As of now... I do not plan to go off menu while there. We are renting a cabin so I am assuming there will be a kitchen. Maybe I can influence some of the others in my fam to do MRC as well since they will be sharing the cabin with us. If I keep losing 3lbs a week I should be at 155 by then... So I will make that my upmost goal. No off plan eating for me! :D

thelish
07-14-2009, 11:30 PM
weighed in today and down another 2.5 for 10lbs total!!! After weigh in I went to tae kwon do, our instructor kicked my butt tonight but I feel good!!! All together a good evening!

I think I am off to see Harry Potter this evening as well!

asherdwn
07-14-2009, 11:51 PM
weighed in today and down another 2.5 for 10lbs total!!! After weigh in I went to tae kwon do, our instructor kicked my butt tonight but I feel good!!! All together a good evening!

Congrats on 10lbs!!
You will have to tell us how HP is. :)

jeweliek
07-14-2009, 11:51 PM

CONGRATS :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I hope you have fun at HP

asherdwn
07-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave:
I hope all of you have a wonderful On Plan day!

angelofsc
07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow! Everyone seems to be doing really well. I just wanted to post that I finally made it to the green menu!!! I'm pretty happy

Congrads on starting the green menu. It is so much better thsn the others. You will really enjoy it because it has so much more options. And good luck on the program.

angelofsc
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Congrads on the 10 lbs lost.

thelish
07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
:carrot:jewelie congrats on breaking through to 100land!! You can so do this!!:carrot:

thelish
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Ok weirdest dream...I totally had a whole dream devoted to eating chocolate cupcakes...to top it off when I woke up I had to convince myself it was a dream AGH!!

msim
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok weirdest dream...I totally had a whole dream devoted to eating chocolate cupcakes...to top it off when I woke up I had to convince myself it was a dream AGH!!

Had a candy bar dream when I was first starting program. I was given a mini candy bar, unwrapped it, took a bite, was chewing it, shoot I even dreamed the taste of it, and then suddenly I remembered I was on program, spat it out and threw the rest away. I really thought it was real and was so relieved that I hadn't eaten something off-program, but then sort of worried that I would have a crazy dream like that! How the mind works is very interesting!

asherdwn
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Had a candy bar dream when I was first starting program. I was given a mini candy bar, unwrapped it, took a bite, was chewing it, shoot I even dreamed the taste of it, and then suddenly I remembered I was on program, spat it out and threw the rest away. I really thought it was real and was so relieved that I hadn't eaten something off-program, but then sort of worried that I would have a crazy dream like that! How the mind works is very interesting!

I have had these types of dreams! lol. When I am in the half awake state I am like "Crap! That wasnt on program!" and I am soo mad at my self and then I am like "Wait... that was just a dream/nightmare." LOL :D

Goose
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
I dreamed someone slipped Dr. Pepper in my drink and I drank it all without knowing it. I woke up totally panicked.

Good news! I weighed in today and was down 3.5 lbs. for a total of 8.5 lbs. I was so excited, and it was just the encouragement I needed to keep on keepin' on! To top it all off, I get to start the green menu tomorrow!:carrot:

Tara415
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I was here awhile back, but then got off track. I'm jumping back into the program now and trying to do whatever I can to make this time successful. I joined a running program with the goal of finishing a 5k at the end. I'm hoping that the combination of attending my center, doing group exercise, and receiving support from friends/family/online helps me stay motivated and move forward towards my goals!

asherdwn
07-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I was here awhile back, but then got off track. I'm jumping back into the program now and trying to do whatever I can to make this time successful. I joined a running program with the goal of finishing a 5k at the end. I'm hoping that the combination of attending my center, doing group exercise, and receiving support from friends/family/online helps me stay motivated and move forward towards my goals!

Welcome back! :D

angelofsc
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
I dreamed someone slipped Dr. Pepper in my drink and I drank it all without knowing it. I woke up totally panicked.

Good news! I weighed in today and was down 3.5 lbs. for a total of 8.5 lbs. I was so excited, and it was just the encouragement I needed to keep on keepin' on! To top it all off, I get to start the green menu tomorrow!:carrot:

Congrads on lost and on the start of the green menu. Keep up the Great work.

msim
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Hi Tara415!
Sounds like you have taken steps to make the program work for you! Did life in general derail you?
Were you able to maintain your 10 pound loss?
Great to have you back!

Bobsey
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I am new to this thread and just started my third week of MRC. I am on the green sheet and I am learning by trial and error. I have around 25 lbs to lose and have lost 5 so far. I really enjoy reading your posts as they are all so helpful to me. Any suggestions for anything is appreciated!!:)

jeweliek
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM

CONGRATS!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Good Job

Hello everyone,

I know how you feel.....this is take 2 for me too.....Good luck and I bet adding the exercise will be great. I love 5ks and am doing one (not running the whole thing) this Sunday

dkmd27
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi friends old and new. I've been back on program for a little bit now, and things have been dragging. So, I hauled out the scale again and started weighing my protein protions, etc. Funny, how you think you have it down, and then when you weigh it, you realize how off you'd been, or how sloppy I'd gotten. It's made a big difference (even weighing the veggie portions). I highly recommend weighing your foods (if you've gotten away from it), just to keep yourself on track.

jeweliek
07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi friends old and new. I've been back on program for a little bit now, and things have been dragging. So, I hauled out the scale again and started weighing my protein protions, etc. Funny, how you think you have it down, and then when you weigh it, you realize how off you'd been, or how sloppy I'd gotten. It's made a big difference (even weighing the veggie portions). I highly recommend weighing your foods (if you've gotten away from it), just to keep yourself on track.

Deb! I'm so glad I'm recognizing some of the posters still. How are you?

Karen1234
07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Hey Tara, Welcome Back! I am training to run a 5k as well - running 5 & 8 minute intervals from week 6 of coolrunning.com C25K program and doing good. My goal is to run a 5k this fall. I've discovered exercise is no longer a chore b/c all I care about is making this goal to run the 5k. I love it now! I plan to try a 10k after this but I'm not pushing myself too fast. Would love to hear how you're doing w/this... come to the C25K page sometime and I'm Glad you made it back to us!

Congrats, That's awesome!

Goose and Thelish, LOL... this totally cracks me up, several weeks into the program I dreamed I had eaten a huge piece of B-day cake and was so mad at myself for doing it and couldn't understand why I did. When I woke up I too had to convince myself it was only a dream and when I finally did, I was so relieved! Whew!! LOL

Keep up the great work everyone :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lori123321
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the new and new again folks!

I too had a crazy food dream. I was on a cruise ship going to New York. And I was eating a prepackaged apple danish. How weird is that? If I am ever on a cruise ship, I am not eat any prepackaged anything, especially an apple danish.

Goose
07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the new and new again folks!

I too had a crazy food dream. I was on a cruise ship going to New York. And I was eating a prepackaged apple danish. How weird is that? If I am ever on a cruise ship, I am not eat any prepackaged anything, especially an apple danish.

LOL! Isn't that the truth!

And to everyone who congratulated me~ Thanks for the support!:D This forum is wonderful!

Goose
07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Hey Tara, Welcome Back! I am training to run a 5k as well - running 5 & 8 minute intervals from week 6 of coolrunning.com C25K program and doing good. My goal is to run a 5k this fall. I've discovered exercise is no longer a chore b/c all I care about is making this goal to run the 5k. I love it now! I plan to try a 10k after this but I'm not pushing myself too fast. Would love to hear how you're doing w/this... come to the C25K page sometime and I'm Glad you made it back to us!

Congrats, That's awesome!

Goose and Thelish, LOL... this totally cracks me up, several weeks into the program I dreamed I had eaten a huge piece of B-day cake and was so mad at myself for doing it and couldn't understand why I did. When I woke up I too had to convince myself it was only a dream and when I finally did, I was so relieved! Whew!! LOL

Keep up the great work everyone :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I used to have a recurring dream that I was visiting this imaginary bakery that had the most scrumptious baked goods. It was always this super-bright Willy Wonkaesque place and I couldn't wait to go! I'd buy all these treats with wild wacky colored icing and pig out. Sadly, I don't have that dream anymore...but I sure did enjoy it every time I was able to visit this "dream" bakery. :D

lookinfine09
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Tara

Welcome back! Are you doing the Beginners Luck class? I am in that large group of folks too and plan to run the 5k next weekend. Maybe I'll bump into you. The group running has helped me a lot as well as reading this board for inspiration.

Tara415
07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! I do think consistent exercise this time around will definitely help. My goal with the 5k is to finish and prove to myself that I can do that. I'll have switch between walking/jogging during because I'm not a running level where I could run the whole thing yet!

Tara

Welcome back! Are you doing the Beginners Luck class? I am in that large group of folks too and plan to run the 5k next weekend. Maybe I'll bump into you. The group running has helped me a lot as well as reading this board for inspiration.

What a small world! I am in the Beginner's Luck class. My group is the beginner 2 mile as I am very new to running and way out of shape. Are you at the Lincoln MRC as well? I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths in the previous weeks and never new it!

thelish
07-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome Tara, I will have to keep an eye out for you, I am at the Lincoln center as well!

angelofsc
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Welcome back to the club. Good Luck.

angelofsc
07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I am new to this thread and just started my third week of MRC. I am on the green sheet and I am learning by trial and error. I have around 25 lbs to lose and have lost 5 so far. I really enjoy reading your posts as they are all so helpful to me. Any suggestions for anything is appreciated!!:)

Welcome to MRC and I wish you the best of luck.

asherdwn
07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
man, i feel like i have a major hang over this morning. I usually wake up so chipper and happy. blah.
The only things I did different yesterday: Forgot my starch at dinner and started a new bc pack.
I kinda feel dehydrated even though I drank TONS of water yesterday and last night.... :(

asherdwn
07-16-2009, 01:37 PM
I dont know what was wrong with me... I drank my 25oz of water and ate my breakfast (finally) and now I feel a lot better... besides a twinge of a headache. Im thinking that maybe its the hormones from the bc pills. I had to MAKE myself stand up and go eat breakfast... more like brunch now. Oh well. I usually eat lunch at 2 or 2:30 anyways. lol.
Im happy now. I hope all of you MRCers have a wonderful day. :)

Oh, I also read that taking MSM can release toxins from your body and that you will experience the effects of medications and the such that you have taken in the past until your body flushes it out... I just started taking it yesterday so i guess that explains it. Its horrible. I really do feel like I have a hangover.

Karen1234
07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I used to have a recurring dream that I was visiting this imaginary bakery that had the most scrumptious baked goods. It was always this super-bright Willy Wonkaesque place and I couldn't wait to go! I'd buy all these treats with wild wacky colored icing and pig out. Sadly, I don't have that dream anymore...but I sure did enjoy it every time I was able to visit this "dream" bakery. :D

Wow! You have such an inventive and creative subconscious :0) Sounds fun!!

lookinfine09
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Tara

Yep, I'm at the Lincoln center too. I'll be looking for you! With the running thing, I can relate. I've been slow to start, but have followed the schedule and I've done my running each day on schedule. My goal is to finish the 5k as well, if I have to walk a bit, so be it. I'm in the 2 mile intermediate class of Beginners Luck, so I'm sure I've seen you on the trails!

thelish
Maybe I'll run into you at the Lincoln office too! It would be nice to meet some people in real life! : )

asherdwn
07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Yesterday was my last day on the blue menu. Today start the green. I weighed in this morning and I have lost a total of 10.2 lbs. yay! Thats in just two weeks. I am very happy with this program. It took me a month and half to lose 12lbs on Medifast. 150s here I come! :D

jeweliek
07-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Yesterday was my last day on the blue menu. Today start the green. I weighed in this morning and I have lost a total of 10.2 lbs. yay! Thats in just two weeks. I am very happy with this program. It took me a month and half to lose 12lbs on Medifast. 150s here I come! :D

Great Job! :hug:

Goose
07-17-2009, 01:20 PM

That is awesome! Congrats!

Goose
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow! You have such an inventive and creative subconscious :0) Sounds fun!!

Thanks! Too bad I'm no longer dreaming about that bakery. It could really come in handy during the rough patches of this diet! LOL

jeweliek
07-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Ok....just got back from Weigh In and they did a Body Comp.....Down 2.5#!
I'm 1 pound from signing the 25 board. I will have it on Monday. I just had to share my excitement.

Dedge
07-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm 1 pound from signing the 25 board. I will have it on Monday. I just had to share my excitement.

That is awesome!! Way to go!!! I hate being so close, yet so far away!!!

Dedge
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
:dust:
Here is to us and a wonderful weekend of weight loss!!!
I wonder how much all of us together can lose? That would be interesting!!
Im going to start a thread...and monday just post a reply and add your weight loss for the weekend in....this should be cool!!!

dkmd27
07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Way to go Jewelie!!

daizy hotrocks
07-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey everyone. I am one day one of the green menu... YAY! I've lost 8 lbs so far and I am amazed. My 10 year HS Reunion is in 2 weeks from today and I want to be in the 140's. I haven't been exercising but plan to get back to it so I can drop faster. Good luck to everyone this weekend.. I WI tomorrow. :)

asherdwn
07-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Way to go on everyones weight loss!

Dedge! Thats an awesome idea. Ill definately post on monday. :)

jeweliek
07-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Im going to start a thread...and monday just post a reply and add your weight loss for the weekend in....this should be cool!!!

Great Idea! I'll play
This is just what I need with the birthday party for my son tomorrow. My party is after. I'm just BBQing tho.

jeweliek
07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone. I am one day one of the green menu... YAY! I've lost 8 lbs so far and I am amazed. My 10 year HS Reunion is in 2 weeks from today and I want to be in the 140's. I haven't been exercising but plan to get back to it so I can drop faster. Good luck to everyone this weekend.. I WI tomorrow. :)

This is SOOOO do-able. Can't wait for you to report how great you look for the Reunion

angelofsc
07-17-2009, 11:39 PM

That is awesome. Can you share your secret with the rest of us please?

angelofsc
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey everyone,
WI today as was down another .5 pounds. I don't know what's the problem with me. In the beginning I was losing 5 lbs in a week and now I am barely getting 2.5 to 3 lbs a week. Can someone please share some tips with me on how to get back to losing more lbs?

asherdwn
07-18-2009, 12:12 PM
That is awesome. Can you share your secret with the rest of us please?

lol. Well... It is just my first two weeks. Itll be two weeks Tuesday. Im sure I will hit a plateau sooner than later. Lol. I follow the menu almost to a T. I have only chicken and fish for my meats. I dont make anything fancy... just keep it simple. Learning how to eat to live instead of live to eat. I dont always get all of my veggies in but I try my darnedest. I max out on an alternative HNS. I drink more water than I should. I walk for 30 min to an hour each day. Today I am going to start weight training. We will see how that effects my weight loss.
I am sure my momentum will slow down a bit now that I am settling into the green menu. My goal is to get down to 150 by the time I go to Ruidoso, which is in three weeks. Dont know if that is possible but I am going to try. :)
You are still losing and that is awesome. All those little losses add up to be big ones. :D

Goose
07-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Weighed in today and I lost another pound! That makes 5 lbs. the first week and 4.5 lbs. the second. So close to the 10 pound board...:carrot:

asherdwn
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM
"Weigh" to go goose! Thats awesome! :D

Goose
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
"Weigh" to go goose! Thats awesome! :D

Thanks so much! I'm waiting to hit the inevitable plateau...and next week is TOM. gulp:(

asherdwn
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks so much! I'm waiting to hit the inevitable plateau...and next week is TOM. gulp:(

It was TOM last week for me. Didnt stop me from showing losses on the scale. I was a bit bloated but thats it. Maybe it wasnt that bad b/c im on a pill and I was drinking tons of water. Who knows.

I am scared of hitting a plateau too. lol. I know it will come... Im just writing down my counter tactics so I will be ready. :dizzy:

sknymom2b
07-18-2009, 05:22 PM

Great job! I am inching my way there.. hope to sign the 25 lb board soon. Keep it up jeweliek!

khunter
07-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone and congrats to all for the weight losses and NSV's. I just got back last Wednesday evening from week of vacation. Did not do so well OP and really to be honest hadn't planned on doing well. When I got back, I weighed a had gained 5 pounds. I immediately got back on program when I got back and I have already lost 4 pounds since Thursday so I know this was probably just water weight.
I love this program because although I enjoyed eating off program and the food tasted great, I didn't like the way I felt eating all those sugars and carbs (tired, drained, and moody). I was actually ready to get back OP when I got back home. This makes me excited because I think maybe this is something I can do for a lifetime. Even when I get off the right track, I truly believe that I can get right back on.
I too, as a previous poster said, am going to Riudoso at the end of August. My goal is to be at stabilization at this time. That is 14 pounds more to go and I think, no I know, that I can do it!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

asherdwn
07-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone and congrats to all for the weight losses and NSV's. I just got back last Wednesday evening from week of vacation. Did not do so well OP and really to be honest hadn't planned on doing well. When I got back, I weighed a had gained 5 pounds. I immediately got back on program when I got back and I have already lost 4 pounds since Thursday so I know this was probably just water weight.
I love this program because although I enjoyed eating off program and the food tasted great, I didn't like the way I felt eating all those sugars and carbs (tired, drained, and moody). I was actually ready to get back OP when I got back home. This makes me excited because I think maybe this is something I can do for a lifetime. Even when I get off the right track, I truly believe that I can get right back on.
I too, as a previous poster said, am going to Riudoso at the end of August. My goal is to be at stabilization at this time. That is 14 pounds more to go and I think, no I know, that I can do it!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Its me Its me! I am going to Ruidoso! lol. Except I am going the second weekend. :)

khunter
07-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Its me Its me! I am going to Ruidoso! lol. Except I am going the second weekend. :)

I have never been before, but everyone I have talked to says that it is beautiful. I live in Texas and the mountains and cool air will be a welcome change. We have a condo at Pinion Point for three nights and I can't wait.

Karen1234
07-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to check in & let you know how things are going. I was so happy at WI today as I had dropped another 3 lbs since Tuesday... Amazing... I haven't done that in a while. I've been following my counselor's advice, after noticing my losses slowing again she wanted to get things kick started so she recommended I start taking 2 Vitamin B12 and 2 Vitamin B6 together every morning. I started this on Wed am and lost 3 lbs since Tue. weigh-in :carrot: !! Whoohoo!! Anyway I wanted to share w/all of you and wonder if it will work for anyone else. She said we would keep going with this until it stops working and then try something else. Plus, 5 more lbs and I will move to a new menu also, wow!! Today was a Tanita Day as well, unfortunately I've lost 3 lbs of muscle mass since the beginning of program. My lady thinks its b/c I am running and not getting enough protein/cals on those days so my body goes into starvation mode and burns my muscle instead. It's hard to imagine this b/c I feel like I am building muscle in my legs, they look more muscular but ok. On the days I run I have to have an extra protein drink to make up for this, sounds easy enough. We'll see how that works. My total Inches lost at this point is 52". They took my pic recently and it is amazing what a difference 40 lbs can make, it really feels more wonderful than I ever thought it would... I can't even imagine how it will feel to finally be at my goal of 150 lbs!! Knowing I am almost 1/2 way to my 100 lb wt lost goal and only 5 lbs away from Onederland is really motivating. I've set a goal to run a 5k this fall and recently decided to run 2, one in October, one in December. Some girls at work have decided to give the C25K program a try and want to run the 5k with me so that has me really excited about completing the program and getting up to the 5k. Life is good! :hug: and :dust: to everyone :p We can do this!!

khunter
07-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to check in & let you know how things are going. I was so happy at WI today as I had dropped another 3 lbs since Tuesday... Amazing... I haven't done that in a while. I've been following my counselor's advice, after noticing my losses slowing again she wanted to get things kick started so she recommended I start taking 2 Vitamin B12 and 2 Vitamin B6 together every morning. I started this on Wed am and lost 3 lbs since Tue. weigh-in :carrot: !! Whoohoo!! Anyway I wanted to share w/all of you and wonder if it will work for anyone else. She said we would keep going with this until it stops working and then try something else. Plus, 5 more lbs and I will move to a new menu also, wow!! Today was a Tanita Day as well, unfortunately I've lost 3 lbs of muscle mass since the beginning of program. My lady thinks its b/c I am running and not getting enough protein/cals on those days so my body goes into starvation mode and burns my muscle instead. It's hard to imagine this b/c I feel like I am building muscle in my legs, they look more muscular but ok. On the days I run I have to have an extra protein drink to make up for this, sounds easy enough. We'll see how that works. My total Inches lost at this point is 52". They took my pic recently and it is amazing what a difference 40 lbs can make, it really feels more wonderful than I ever thought it would... I can't even imagine how it will feel to finally be at my goal of 150 lbs!! Knowing I am almost 1/2 way to my 100 lb wt lost goal and only 5 lbs away from Onederland is really motivating. I've set a goal to run a 5k this fall and recently decided to run 2, one in October, one in December. Some girls at work have decided to give the C25K program a try and want to run the 5k with me so that has me really excited about completing the program and getting up to the 5k. Life is good! :hug: and :dust: to everyone :p We can do this!!

Way to go Karen!!!

Karen1234
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Congrats! I tried medifast too... it was awful ... I lost about 15 lbs and then gave up, too hard to stick to that plan, thank God for MRC as it is saving me!! Anyways, congrats to you, you are off to a great start :0)

Karen1234
07-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Way to go Karen!!!

Thanks Khunter, sounds like you're getting back on track pretty quick. Keep up the great work and if you feel like it try the 2 B12 and B6 and let me know if it works for you. Have a great weekend!

noahsmama
07-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks Khunter, sounds like you're getting back on track pretty quick. Keep up the great work and if you feel like it try the 2 B12 and B6 and let me know if it works for you. Have a great weekend!

I'm willing to try it. But what exactly are those pills supposed to do? I'll go to Wal-Mart and buy some tomorrow if they'll help possibly. Were you on these pills before or are thse new to your regimen?

khunter
07-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I too wouldn't mind trying the B12-B6 combo. Just wondering what the combination does to your body and why it kick starts your loss?

asherdwn
07-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I have never been before, but everyone I have talked to says that it is beautiful. I live in Texas and the mountains and cool air will be a welcome change. We have a condo at Pinion Point for three nights and I can't wait.

Sooo many Texans go up there for vacation and a lot of them own property up there. You will see a lot of Texas lisencse plates. I am from Texas too. I have always wanted to move there. lol. I absolutely love the land. Most of it is Native American Reservation land. Go to Cloud Croft too. Its not far from Ruidoso and the Country in between will take your breath away. Visit Inn of the Mountain Gods too. Its beautiful. We are going to go to the races. We always do when we visit. Ive never been during the winter though. :)

asherdwn
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
B6 and B12 supplements.
The homocysteine level increases during weight loss. B6 and B12 Supplementation help to reduce these levels. Homocysteine is an amino acid in the blood. Epidemiological studies have shown that too much homocysteine in the blood (plasma) is related to a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular disease.

Still not sure why/how the ruduction of it effects weightloss though. Extra Toxins in the body maybe? Reduction of stress?

noahsmama
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
What dose of the B-12 and B-6 are you taking Karen or anyone else out there? I bought some, but as you can imagine there all different ranges. I bought B-6 200 mg and B-12 2500 mg. I just want to be sure I don't over do it. Does anyone have MRC's bottles to tell me what their dose is? I'd greatly appreciate it!

khunter
07-19-2009, 03:35 PM
B Vitamins Part of Weightloss — B12 and B6
April 25th, 2009 | medicine, tools

As part of my weightloss plan one of the suggestions is to have a vitamin B12 injection and potentially take a B6 supplement. For the time being I have chosen not to get the additional injection, but instead am taking a 500 mcg B12 supplement and a 100 mg B6 supplement. Here is what my doctor says about vitamin B12 and vitamin B6.

Vitamin B12 is also called a Cobalamine and is one of the eight water-soluble B vitamins. All of these B vitamins help the body in converting carbohydrates into glucose or sugar, which is burned in order to produce energy for proper body function. These are often referred to as B complex vitamins, and are essential for the breakdown of fats and proteins. They help maintain muscle tone, protect the mucus lining in the digestive tract and mouth, and promote upkeep of nervous system and the organs like the liver, skin, hair, and eyes. Cobalamine is an excellent anti-stress vitamin since it is believed to enhance the health functioning of the immune system and improve the body's ability to fight stressful conditions.

B12 injections have been found to frequently improve energy levels and general well-being. They also support thyroid function to regulate energy levels. B12 also reduces water retention owing to its diuretic attributes.

Vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine, is another of the eight water-soluble B vitamins. Pyridoxine can help with weight loss through a stimulating effect of the thyroid. This can be especially helpful for hormone balance in women when water retention is an issue. Lastly, patients seem to find the pyridoxine alleviates cravings consistently

I found this about the B6 and B12 vitamin supplements - kind of interesting

khunter
07-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Sooo many Texans go up there for vacation and a lot of them own property up there. You will see a lot of Texas lisencse plates. I am from Texas too. I have always wanted to move there. lol. I absolutely love the land. Most of it is Native American Reservation land. Go to Cloud Croft too. Its not far from Ruidoso and the Country in between will take your breath away. Visit Inn of the Mountain Gods too. Its beautiful. We are going to go to the races. We always do when we visit. Ive never been during the winter though. :)

We are going to the Inn of the Mountain Gods. One of the guys that we are going with is big into golf and my husband enjoys it also. He plays in a golf tournament up there every year and so they are going to go and play golf one day. We are also going to go to the races. Another thing that I have never done.

Where are you from in Texas?

Karen1234
07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm willing to try it. But what exactly are those pills supposed to do? I'll go to Wal-Mart and buy some tomorrow if they'll help possibly. Were you on these pills before or are thse new to your regimen?

Hey Noahsmama,
I was taking B12 a few times a week although I tried to take it daily but not consistently. The B6 I used only when I was retaining water and would take 1 or 2 which usually helped. The B12 I purchase is Solaray brand, 2000 mcg of Cyanocobalamin, sugar free sublingual lozenges. Sublingual (under the tongue) absorption is almost equal to receiving B12 injections. The B6 is Life Fitness brand 100 mg per tablet and incredibly bitter tasting, yuck! I've read the explanations below and it sounds very reasonable to me :0) Hope it works for ya!

Karen1234
07-19-2009, 09:53 PM

Hey Noahsmama,
I was taking B12 a few times a week although I tried to take it daily but not consistently. The B6 I used only when I was retaining water and would take 1 or 2 which usually helped. The B12 I purchase is Solaray brand, 2000 mcg of Cyanocobalamin, sugar free sublingual lozenges. Sublingual (under the tongue) absorption is almost equal to receiving B12 injections. The B6 is Life Fitness brand 100 mg per tablet and incredibly bitter tasting, yuck! I've read the explanations below and it sounds very reasonable to me :0) Hope it works for ya!

noahsmama
07-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Noahsmama,
The brandI bought is Spring Valley and the B-12 says "High Potency" and it's 2500 mcg, sublingual, but it doesn't say anythign about sugar free. I wonder about this. The B-6 is 200mg and yes, very bitter tasting!Can you take too much of these was my only concern/thought? Does anyone else have any opinions? And do you take them with/before breakfast?

asherdwn
07-20-2009, 01:14 AM
We are going to the Inn of the Mountain Gods. One of the guys that we are going with is big into golf and my husband enjoys it also. He plays in a golf tournament up there every year and so they are going to go and play golf one day. We are also going to go to the races. Another thing that I have never done.

Where are you from in Texas?

I live in Mckinney. But I am originally from Ranger. How about you?

khunter
07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I live in Mckinney. But I am originally from Ranger. How about you?

Graham, just south of Wichita Falls. Being from Ranger, you probably would know where Graham is maybe.

KeepinOnandOn
07-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi all! I've taken a break from MRC for the last few months. I think I'm about 10lbs. up so I'm ready to get back on and get it off and maybe a few more. When I hit maintenance, it was the weekend of my daughters graduation so we went straight into parties, then I went on vacation to California, then home to Nebraska and a week long family reunion, the 4th of July, and finished off my splurges yesterday with celebrating my MIL birthday. Whew....it was fun but I sure feel the weight coming back. Not weighing myself right now. I don't want to be shocked! My clothes are starting to get tight and I gave away all my bigger clothes so I would have to get back on if I gained. I think I will precondition today and tomorrow and get back on the green menu after that.

It's amazing how many new people I see. I hope to get to know you all!

Karen1234
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The brandI bought is Spring Valley and the B-12 says "High Potency" and it's 2500 mcg, sublingual, but it doesn't say anythign about sugar free. I wonder about this. The B-6 is 200mg and yes, very bitter tasting!Can you take too much of these was my only concern/thought? Does anyone else have any opinions? And do you take them with/before breakfast?

OK, here's the scoop. These are both water soluble vitamins, meaning that they dissolve in aqueaous solution and are not absorbed into fat, instead you will urinate out any excess. The ones you have to be concerned about are Vitamins A, D, E & K - these are the fat soluble vitamins and if taken in excess it can build up in the fat cells and become toxic but for this to happen would be difficult as well, you would have to take hundreds time the normal dose for it to be truly toxic. So, to answer the question, It really is not going to hurt you to take 1-2 of the B6 and 1-2 of the B12. I purposely sought out Sugar Free B12 b/c the last bottle I had tasted way to good and dissolved way to quickly so I knew it had sugar which can't be good on this plan!! I take them before breakfast on an empty stomach and then eat w/in 15-30 minutes. Hope this helps :0)

noahsmama
07-20-2009, 12:53 PM
OK, here's the scoop. These are both water soluble vitamins, meaning that they dissolve in aqueaous solution and are not absorbed into fat, instead you will urinate out any excess. The ones you have to be concerned about are Vitamins A, D, E & K - these are the fat soluble vitamins and if taken in excess it can build up in the fat cells and become toxic but for this to happen would be difficult as well, you would have to take hundreds time the normal dose for it to be truly toxic. So, to answer the question, It really is not going to hurt you to take 1-2 of the B6 and 1-2 of the B12. I purposely sought out Sugar Free B12 b/c the last bottle I had tasted way to good and dissolved way to quickly so I knew it had sugar which can't be good on this plan!! I take them before breakfast on an empty stomach and then eat w/in 15-30 minutes. Hope this helps :0)

Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and for sharing! I so appreciate it. I'm giving it a try and will see if it makes any difference. Something's gotta give I've been up/down the same .5 pound all weekend argh!

Oh one other misc. question for you expert you :) How long do you plan on taking the extra B-12/B-6? I've never really taken it before so I'm wondering if these supplements are something I should take long-term. Maybe that's a doctor question?! Thanks again

asherdwn
07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Graham, just south of Wichita Falls. Being from Ranger, you probably would know where Graham is maybe.

Of course I do. Been to there and through there many a time. :)

jeweliek
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I went into wi this morning and down 2.5 more. I'm so happy.

About the B vits I use this especially if I have gone off plan. It seems to flush the system. I don't use them all the time just until I jump start my plan or get back on track then I'm done.

I love the B12 drops best!!!!

Irishlassy
07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I see that a few people purchase drinks and supplements other than through the centers. Where online have you found protein drinks???

Thank you.

Karen1234
07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and for sharing! I so appreciate it. I'm giving it a try and will see if it makes any difference. Something's gotta give I've been up/down the same .5 pound all weekend argh!

Oh one other misc. question for you expert you :) How long do you plan on taking the extra B-12/B-6? I've never really taken it before so I'm wondering if these supplements are something I should take long-term. Maybe that's a doctor question?! Thanks again

There is absolutely no harm in taking this long term so I plan to keep taking at least 1 day for as long as I please :0)

vabbus
07-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I see that a few people purchase drinks and supplements other than through the centers. Where online have you found protein drinks???

Thank you.

Dietdirect.com
They have something different on sell each week and will be much cheaper than at the centers.

jeweliek
07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Ah, a new month. A new beginning.

On Monday I'll have been on the green menu 60 days.

Still feeling good about everything.

Since I won't be getting overtime for a while, I think I'll concentrate on exercising.

What are everyone's July goals?

Goals for July:

1. Weight goal is in my signature.
2. Exercise Goal: to run 18 miles before Aug 1
3. Food Goal: to make the same meal for me and the fam every night for the rest of the month. No more feeding me "special" food.

lookingforaloss
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi! Does anyone know how often you can do "a round" of internal cleanser???

thelish
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I am really having a hard time as of late...I keep doing these stupid little cheats. It started last Thursday when I was out for dinner with friends and went to a resturant that had nothing on plan...everything there was fried, I had the fried fish and just didn't eat the batter but ended up eating some fries (I don't even like fries). Then after being great all day on Friday ended up out with others at Taco Bell, I had a fresco burrito...since then I just don't seem to have any modivation. Part of my problem is I am around lots of people who are sweet, oh why are you trying to lose weight, etc. so they are not always supportive of the new choices I am trying to make. To top it off it seems so much harder this time than last summer when I initially lost the weight. I just keep thinking about all the other plans that are out there that aren't as restrictive...and I am so angry with myself for gaining the weight back...anyway any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Karen1234
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi! Does anyone know how often you can do "a round" of internal cleanser???

I do know you can take it at least daily. Not sure beyond this.

Karen1234
07-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi all! I've taken a break from MRC for the last few months. I think I'm about 10lbs. up so I'm ready to get back on and get it off and maybe a few more. When I hit maintenance, it was the weekend of my daughters graduation so we went straight into parties, then I went on vacation to California, then home to Nebraska and a week long family reunion, the 4th of July, and finished off my splurges yesterday with celebrating my MIL birthday. Whew....it was fun but I sure feel the weight coming back. Not weighing myself right now. I don't want to be shocked! My clothes are starting to get tight and I gave away all my bigger clothes so I would have to get back on if I gained. I think I will precondition today and tomorrow and get back on the green menu after that.

It's amazing how many new people I see. I hope to get to know you all!

Welcome back Keepinon, you've been missed!!
Sounds like you've been busy and having fun :0)

Karen1234
07-21-2009, 08:18 PM
I am really having a hard time as of late...I keep doing these stupid little cheats. It started last Thursday when I was out for dinner with friends and went to a resturant that had nothing on plan...everything there was fried, I had the fried fish and just didn't eat the batter but ended up eating some fries (I don't even like fries). Then after being great all day on Friday ended up out with others at Taco Bell, I had a fresco burrito...since then I just don't seem to have any modivation. Part of my problem is I am around lots of people who are sweet, oh why are you trying to lose weight, etc. so they are not always supportive of the new choices I am trying to make. To top it off it seems so much harder this time than last summer when I initially lost the weight. I just keep thinking about all the other plans that are out there that aren't as restrictive...and I am so angry with myself for gaining the weight back...anyway any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thelish,
You can do this lady... You know this plan works, you've done it before. The reason why you chose this plan is b/c the others failed you at some point for one reason or another. Think back and remember why you are doing this. Do you remember that list we all made a while ago about why we're doing this... find that thing and post it around your house in readily visible areas - put one in the kitchen, one at the bathroom sink, one in the car etc... I went through this myself a few weeks back and had really lost my motivation. I gained it back by getting my head straight and doing the following recommended by my counselor. Look at your goal/motivation list; you realize this is actually what you are deprived of by being overweight. Now I want you to think of and write down all the things you feel you are restricted from by being on this plan. Ultimately, what does this come down to?? Food, Food, Food... that's just about all I could put on my list. So, take a look at the two lists side by side and decide which is more important to you. Pleasing others by eating what they think you should eat, having that piece of cake or food item you want and crave or finally realizing your own dreams by losing this weight for good? This was the eye opener I needed, it was sobering to realize what a hold food had on me, how much power I've been giving it in my life, so much that I could almost give up all of my dreams for a piece of cake, some icecream. Unbelievable! Once I realized this I stopped worrying about what I couldn't have and refocused on what I really want ;0) Try this and see if it works for you. And remember, just b/c you've had a few bad days doesn't mean you can't get back on track today! Hang in there and :dust: x 2 to you!!

angelofsc
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
WI today as was down only a half pound again. I am getting sick and tired of only losing a half of pound. The counselor told me to start B6 to help me to release excess water and to flush toxic out that might be causing me have a slow weight lose. Well I start the tomorrow so I will let you all know if it works when I WI in on Friday or Saturday.

jeweliek
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Last night was so hard. I ate....and ate. I had 3 graham crackers and chips with my chicken and veggies. I think it is because I waited too long between meals, but....today is a new day.

I started selling AVON. Not sure if I'm allowed to say that but I had been thinking about it for a while and think that the discount on my purchases is worth it but if I make a little extra for the household that would take a lot of stress off of me!

Football camp also started yesterday and my son is in heaven. He LOVES football and is just happy playing it all day with his friends. That was even the theme of his birthday party last weekend. Flag football and cupcakes. LOL

Here is wishing everyone luck for today and great losses!

KeepinOnandOn
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome back Keepinon, you've been missed!!
Sounds like you've been busy and having fun :0)

Thanks!! Yes, too much fun! I decided to only precondition 1 day and got back on the green menu yesterday. It went well and made it through the day with no headache or hunger. Still haven't weighed myself. I'm thinking maybe Friday or Saturday will be safe :0)

lookingforaloss
07-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I plan on trying the B6 & B12 vitamins as well. My consultant today said he has heard it works. So I will try it and report back here :)

mindylst
07-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I am going in for my first meeting on Friday. The preconditioning has gone well. I had to wait a couple weeks before I could get back for the meeting as I live an hour from the center, so I lost 6 pounds so far which is a nice start. They mentioned in the first consultation you can bring family to your meeting, she suggested if my husband wanted to come to know what the plan I was starting was to bring him along. So he said he'd go with me...everyone who has already been through their first class do you think it would be anything that would help him understand the plan? We work opposite shifts, so he's going with me during his sleeping time :) But I don't know what kind of info they really give the first visit.

daizy hotrocks
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Last night was so hard. I ate....and ate. I had 3 graham crackers and chips with my chicken and veggies. I think it is because I waited too long between meals, but....today is a new day.

I started selling AVON. Not sure if I'm allowed to say that but I had been thinking about it for a while and think that the discount on my purchases is worth it but if I make a little extra for the household that would take a lot of stress off of me!

Football camp also started yesterday and my son is in heaven. He LOVES football and is just happy playing it all day with his friends. That was even the theme of his birthday party last weekend. Flag football and cupcakes. LOL

Here is wishing everyone luck for today and great losses!

Thanks for your support!!! I went to WI today and I am down 10 lbs in 4 weeks! so I have 5.5 to go befoer the reunion. I haven't been working out much so I'm gonna try and really step it up.

Where are you in N-CO? My mom lives in Grover. Not many people know where that is... LOL!

daizy hotrocks
07-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Has anyone delt with their goal weight changing?

I was told that the weight has to do with the magic body fat range and my first tanita said my goal was 133 and the sedond said 125! Thats a big difference.

jeweliek
07-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Has anyone delt with their goal weight changing?

I was told that the weight has to do with the magic body fat range and my first tanita said my goal was 133 and the sedond said 125! Thats a big difference.

YES that is what drove me nuts the first time I did this plan. I was told 165 and when I hit 161 I still wasn't in Stabilization because my body fat % wasn't right. It is so much better that it changed now instead of then. Just remember that that # is a guideline and you can quit any time you want to.
Hang in there!!!

daizy hotrocks
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Just hit 10 lbs today!!! Center said to do something for me, just ME so I just scheduled a 1 hour massage this evening!!! Can't wait!!!

jeweliek
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Where are you in N-CO? My mom lives in Grover. Not many people know where that is... LOL!

I had to look up where Grover is LOL
I'm in Fort Collins

daizy hotrocks
07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I had to look up where Grover is LOL
I'm in Fort Collins

Its smack dab between Ft Collins, Greeley and Sterling... about 40 miles east from I25 on Hwy 14 then north at Briggsdale, 14 miles to the turn and 6 more miles east to Grover... BFE!!! :)

Thanks for the help with the goal numbers... My muscle weight is pretty high so hopefully that helps!

lookingforaloss
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I am going in for my first meeting on Friday. The preconditioning has gone well. I had to wait a couple weeks before I could get back for the meeting as I live an hour from the center, so I lost 6 pounds so far which is a nice start. They mentioned in the first consultation you can bring family to your meeting, she suggested if my husband wanted to come to know what the plan I was starting was to bring him along. So he said he'd go with me...everyone who has already been through their first class do you think it would be anything that would help him understand the plan? We work opposite shifts, so he's going with me during his sleeping time :) But I don't know what kind of info they really give the first visit.

Mindy,

I think it will be very helpful for him to go with you. I assume this is your food instruction class. They will give you ALL the information you need to know for this program. You will also better understand why you are instructed to eat the foods on your menu. If you think it will help you to have your husband's full support, I say he should go.

Congratulations on your quick 6 lb loss.