Metabolic Research Center - Do overs! Want to do this alone without all the $$ out of pocket?

Gsmom
07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I did this last summer and was successful, but did not stay focused for many reasons and gained it all back. I would like to start this again, but it costs so much $$$. I can't afford it, but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight either. If you are interested in doing this without the cost, we could help each other out...How about it out there???? We can get product elsewhere, no start up fees and keep each other accountable...

Mistyice26
09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi, I too do no have the money to join but I do have most of the menu plans. Are you still trying/wanting to do this on your own? If so, I'd LOVE to try to do this with you. I've never done MRC before so this is my first time. I really wished I could afford to pay the fees but I simply cannot right now. I have several different menu's here labeled "Meta-Slim Days 1-4" "Meta-Slim Days 5-10" " "Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan" "Meta-Slim Plus Three Meal Plan" and the "Meta-Balance Plan." Can you tell me the differences between the Meta-Slim and the Meta-Slim Pus? Also, after day 11 on the Meta-Slim plan do you know what plan I go on to after? :) I have a ton of questions and have tried to sort through some of these blogs but there are just too many of them and not enough time in the day.

Hope to hear back from you!!!:D

lizzie
10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I may jump in with you. I have never done this before, went to the free consultation and was shocked at the price and that was before they pushed any supplements! I have a friend from work who did the program. She is willing to share menus and will buy any supplements that I need from MRC for me. She also recommended a web site to purchase supplements that are less expensive.
Part of me is afraid to go it alone, paying the money just might keep me committed you know?

lizzie
10-13-2009, 10:07 PM
GS mom, I started the program today. Bought my drinks and supplements and am motivated! Still want a buddy?

BuckeyeGirl
10-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Lizzie, I will do this with you if you are interested. I was on the program last year and did very well (lost 30 lbs). I stopped going to program when some issues in my life caused me to put them first instead of myself. I want to get back on program but like Gsmom said, I dont want to pay the money. I have all of the necessary products, I just want a buddy to do this with so let me know if you are interested.

kclewis5606
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
GSMOM/Mistyice06/lizzie/BuckeyeGirl -

I started Metabolic last August and lost about 35 lbs by Thanksgiving....well the Holidays got me completely off track and needless to say I gained all of my weight back and then some. I believe in this diet (lifestyle) and it really works! I just need to learn control!! Also, I never made it to stabilization before, which was part of my problem. I am doing the diet on my own now too and would love the support of this group! I have some supplements left over, but have a website that I order the protein drinks/supplements from. I was wondering though how how to find the equivalent of MRC-6/Cortitrim once I run out. Any thoughts? I am pretty sure you can buy the Hoodia at any drugstore/Walmart/GNC.

Do any of you have the maintenance/stabilization menu that you could share? I was curious as to how that works. I have only the yellow, blue and green.

lizzie
10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I started the program 2 weeks ago Monday. I have a couple friends who did MRC and between them and this awesome forum I figured out the program. I have lost 7 lbs but have remained the same for 4 days now. I guess I have reached that first plateau everyone talks about. Up to now I have only taken omegas and multivitamins. I would like to lose 15, 20 would be even better. I am game to support/vent/celebrate whatever with you. That's my story!::cool:

kclewis5606
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I started the program 2 weeks ago Monday. I have a couple friends who did MRC and between them and this awesome forum I figured out the program. I have lost 7 lbs but have remained the same for 4 days now. I guess I have reached that first plateau everyone talks about. Up to now I have only taken omegas and multivitamins. I would like to lose 15, 20 would be even better. I am game to support/vent/celebrate whatever with you. That's my story!::cool:

That's great lizzie! This is a program that is pretty easy to do on your own and through support of this board. I found my support here to be better than that that I got from the center. I mainly needed the center to order supplements, but now I am figuring out other sources to use! I love diet direct and I am usually always able to find a coupon code to use for extra discounts.

SDGuy
10-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi there,

I, too, would love to join and help each other out. Can anyone help me get started?

Thanks a bunch!

Jay

Mistyice26
11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I have many of the menu's if anyone needs them. The only thing I don't think I have is stabilization and maintenance. Does anyone have these? I tried MRC on my own after a co-worker of mine had great results with going to the centers. In the first 2 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I was not COMPLETELY on plan the whole time. Sometimes I would sneak in a small handful of chocolate chips :P. Maybe if I had stayed more O.P. I would have lost even more but I am happy with what I lost. Needless to say I started back to school, moved into a new house, and had many MANY September birthday's to get through and I completely stopped doing the plan. I have gone through the remorse and am now ready to start again. The only thing I seem to lack is accountability and encouragement. I don't think I need the centers to do this for me, I think just having a buddy would help. Would anyone else mind if I joined this bandwagon? :D

ceejay52
11-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi ladies
Mind if I join you? I've done MRC before but the center closed. I really like their concept of things.

Jeanette

Mistyice26
11-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Welcome Jeanette! I wouldn't mind if you joined at all. In fact if you can PM me we can talk more about doing this without the centers help.

smiles123
11-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I have several different menu's here labeled "Meta-Slim Days 1-4" "Meta-Slim Days 5-10" " "Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan" "Meta-Slim Plus Three Meal Plan" and the "Meta-Balance Plan." Can you tell me the differences between the Meta-Slim and the Meta-Slim Pus? Also, after day 11 on the Meta-Slim plan do you know what plan I go on to after? :) I have a ton of questions and have tried to sort through some of these blogs but there are just too many of them and not enough time in the day.

Meta-Slim Plus is for individuals over 200lbs when they start the program (I think...and I'm pretty sure). As soon as you're under 200lbs they move you over to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu). This is how it was for my mom, my bff and me when we each started the program.

After day 11 you go to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu) and stay on it until you hit your goal.

There is also the Meta-Quick program which includes drink mixes as meal replacements twice a day for 7 days. This is only to be done one week out of every month max.

Hope that helps a little. :)

smiles123
11-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a friend from work who did the program. She is willing to share menus and will buy any supplements that I need from MRC for me. She also recommended a web site to purchase supplements that are less expensive.

I'm interested in the website your friend has in mind. Would it be okay to share it here?

reuselady
11-09-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm interested in the website your friend has in mind. Would it be okay to share it here?

Go to dietdirect.com
When you buy, be sure to take advantage of the items on sale and the volume discounts.

ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrate (7 Servings/Box) are very similar to the MRC concentrates, although you can get liquid protein in 30 oz bottles and measure it out yourself.

There is quite a variety of puddings and other high protein supplements. Each week different things go on sale. Good luck

dsigngirl
11-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I would love to get in on this with you all. Room for one more? I have a friend who is doing the MRC program but I just can't afford it.

spyhop3
11-11-2009, 01:01 AM
I am interested too

johndave08
11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
From September 2008 to December 2008 I went from a 18/20 to a 14 and then got pregnant, I would love to join as well. I'm trying to rediscipline myself

Mistyice26
11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Great so let's get started. Does everyone have the meal plan and know what they are supposed to be eating? I am starting...again....day one of the meta-slim plan (ketosis part). Last time I tried this diet I got to day 7 and just got so bored with the food. I wasn't completely hungry although there were times when I did get more hungry. I just don't like to eat salads for lunch and I need something quick and easy to grab and go.

dkmd27
11-20-2009, 12:34 AM
I lost 55 pounds about 2 years ago, kept it off for awhile, but then slowly started putting it back on, not quite all of it, but almost.

I started over this month ... get all my stuff online (dietdirect.com has all the same stuff under a different label -- but exactly the same), and have never taken the supplements -- didn't need them the first time, won't use them now. I do take the things I was taking before I started MRC -- a multi-vitamin, calcium, MSM for my arthritis and fish oil.

blissfulmommy
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I would love to join in with all of you. I need the information about stabilization and maintenance too. I have my menus and can get supplements from the health food store. I just worry about once I get close keeping it off.:D

SDGuy
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have copies of the stabilization and maintenance menus that you could email me? I would appreciate it!! Thanks!!

DianaG
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
My mom and I are interested in this plan, but with my husband laid off I can't afford it at the moment. Does anyone have a copy of the meal plans they are willing to share? I am currently 266 lbs. :(

thecharmedone
12-02-2009, 02:05 PM
do you have a copy of the menu... i would like a copy if you don't mind

iluvindiana
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pinknots/cartoonerm01/lb////.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I am trying to figure out the tracking graphics. Any help would be appreciated.

bronny27
12-03-2009, 08:41 AM
I have many of the menu's if anyone needs them. The only thing I don't think I have is stabilization and maintenance. Does anyone have these? I tried MRC on my own after a co-worker of mine had great results with going to the centers. In the first 2 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I was not COMPLETELY on plan the whole time. Sometimes I would sneak in a small handful of chocolate chips :P. Maybe if I had stayed more O.P. I would have lost even more but I am happy with what I lost. Needless to say I started back to school, moved into a new house, and had many MANY September birthday's to get through and I completely stopped doing the plan. I have gone through the remorse and am now ready to start again. The only thing I seem to lack is accountability and encouragement. I don't think I need the centers to do this for me, I think just having a buddy would help. Would anyone else mind if I joined this bandwagon? :D

I would love to join you in doing this if it isn't too late. If you have copies of the menus I would really appreciate it. I def think I will be more motivated if I had buddies to hold me accountable :)

Have a great day!

LisaJane
12-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Me, Too!!! If it's not too late, I would love to get copies of the menu's and try this as well! Do you mind sending them to me with a little over-view? I think I would fall under the Meta-Slim three meal plan (green?). Thanks so much!!!

LisaJane
12-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I remember you KClewis from last summer when I was totally OP, I made it just 7 lbs from my goal when I just lost control, now I am not only back to the starting line but a 15lb penalty. Starting over, this go round as a non smoker (which I am sure accounts for some of my weight gain). I'm ready to do this but need the support and accountability.

Hey - we live close - I haven't started the MRC yet, but trying to get copies of the diet plan to start on my own. How are you doing so far? I agree Accountability is a big component to success! If I can find the diet, would you be interested in partnering on this?

scrapbookmomma3
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I was on this diet a 2 years ago. I have since lost the menus and would like to start again. I moved to an area that doesn't have a center. :( Please help!!!! I have plenty of supplements and "pills" to last for a little while. Thanks for all your help. I would need to start on the conditioning and then the plus :( menu.

LauraSerendipity
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Meta-Slim Plus is for individuals over 200lbs when they start the program (I think...and I'm pretty sure). As soon as you're under 200lbs they move you over to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu). This is how it was for my mom, my bff and me when we each started the program.

After day 11 you go to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu) and stay on it until you hit your goal.

There is also the Meta-Quick program which includes drink mixes as meal replacements twice a day for 7 days. This is only to be done one week out of every month max.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Hello everyone ! I'm sure some of you may remember me... Well i went totally crazy off program, gave up before i was finished with stabilzation and now I've gained almost 20 LBS back :( I was able to find all my menus however i know now that i'm over 200 Lbs :( again.. i need to do the META SLIM PLUS menu, but I can't find it all if can find is the green menu. Can someone tell me the difference between the two, or PM me to send me a copy of the plus. If I remember correctly the only difference i can think of was the PLUS is 6oz of Protien instead of 4???

dkmd27
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Laura ... I can't find the menus either, but I think you're right -- 6oz of protein!

Good luck!!

JSTUCKLY
01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I did this last summer and was successful, but did not stay focused for many reasons and gained it all back. I would like to start this again, but it costs so much $$$. I can't afford it, but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight either. If you are interested in doing this without the cost, we could help each other out...How about it out there???? We can get product elsewhere, no start up fees and keep each other accountable...

I am right with you, this is my 2nd time a around a put about 10-13 pounds back on, So I started Monday so I am on day 2 and forgot how hard the 1st week is...... Anyways I got ur back!

mama22
01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm with ya too! This is my second go 'round and I am determined to follow through. I had some things going on the first time and had some trouble staying focused. Not this time! There isn't a center close to me so I'm on my own this time. It'll be great to have some support from people who understand!

rn5192008
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
this is my third try. As they say 3rd time is a charm

mama22
01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
this is my third try. As they say 3rd time is a charm

You're right, they do say that so you'll definately make it this time! ;)

mommato3
01-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi all! I am currently trying to "start over" as well. I had great success with MRC and lost about 45 pounds. Then, I got pregnant-not expected at all! We have three kids already, and thought that we couldn't have any more. Surprise, surprise! Anyway, during the pregnancy, I gained back the weight and now am having a hard time getting rid of it...again. So, I would love to join in the "re-do"!

JSTUCKLY
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
One thing I like about the MRC is that you have the supplies (or can order from other online places) to re do, and if u have the mind for it you can do it on ur own. I think keeping it off over a year and then coming back is ok, I am on the 1st week 3 days into it and I can see of it coming off, I cant wait tell Monday becuase I would love to see how much I loss the 1week, Last time it was 3 pounds so I am hoping for more this time!

GWE140
01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
I agree completely with the statements above...this program along with many really works, however it only works as long as they are followed, regardless of doing it with the center's support or by your own determination. Unfortunately, many of us need the accountability by going in for a WI. I have been off and on MRC for three years and have lost 60lbs this past year and am still 25 pounds away from my goal...I have taken 6 weeks off, and gained back a little weight...I am not happy that I have gained back 5 pounds, but this shows me that I will never be successful on any program without my own determination and it has to come from within me to keep going with the program. I have the tools and the know how, I just need to remind myself that the struggle with my weight will be a life long effort and to keep myself accountable to me. MRC will not be there in the end when I reach my goal and I have to learn how not to go back to eating for comfort instead of eating for fuel. I will give myself a month doing this on my own to see if I can, I have already started purchasing my HNS from Dietdirect two months ago all I am giving up is the accountability to MRC and their fees!

JSTUCKLY
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I agree with you GWE, I order form Dietdirect also, and I am sick of MRC fees, I spent so much on it the 1st time around it was crazy, yes I lost the weight and I am thinkingful for it and yes OP works but with the sign up fees, pills, HNS, and other little stuff I am sure a spent over a 1000 easy....

dkmd27
01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree completely with the statements above...this program along with many really works, however it only works as long as they are followed, regardless of doing it with the center's support or by your own determination.

I will give myself a month doing this on my own to see if I can, I have already started purchasing my HNS from Dietdirect two months ago all I am giving up is the accountability to MRC and their fees!

I think that's where most or us are at .... we did it once and played around on and off .... and truly now it is up to us. We have to do the work. It is a little bit harder without the accountability, but still doable if you want it. And I don't have the stress of paying out week after week after week and getting pressured into buying pills I didn't want to take, etc.

I still buy the HNS from dietdirect (the exact same product -- the center's are made at the same plant in Canada, just private labeled differently), but take no supplements other than a mutli-vitamin, fish oil, calcium/MSM (I have arthritis) -- all things I took before I went to the center.

We can do this!!!

TeresaG
01-15-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree completely with the statements above...this program along with many really works, however it only works as long as they are followed, regardless of doing it with the center's support or by your own determination. Unfortunately, many of us need the accountability by going in for a WI. I have been off and on MRC for three years and have lost 60lbs this past year and am still 25 pounds away from my goal...I have taken 6 weeks off, and gained back a little weight...I am not happy that I have gained back 5 pounds, but this shows me that I will never be successful on any program without my own determination and it has to come from within me to keep going with the program. I have the tools and the know how, I just need to remind myself that the struggle with my weight will be a life long effort and to keep myself accountable to me. MRC will not be there in the end when I reach my goal and I have to learn how not to go back to eating for comfort instead of eating for fuel. I will give myself a month doing this on my own to see if I can, I have already started purchasing my HNS from Dietdirect two months ago all I am giving up is the accountability to MRC and their fees!

Genell, during those 6 weeks you were off, were you still taking the supplements(pills)? I remember you are/were taking the Relacor in place of the CortiTrim, but didn't know what others you might have been taking while OP. The reason I asked is because I'm tired of taking everything and getting close to goal. I really would like to stop taking almost everything and was just looking for some feed back from others.

GWE140
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Genell, during those 6 weeks you were off, were you still taking the supplements(pills)? I remember you are/were taking the Relacor in place of the CortiTrim, but didn't know what others you might have been taking while OP. The reason I asked is because I'm tired of taking everything and getting close to goal. I really would like to stop taking almost everything and was just looking for some feed back from others.

Hi Teresa,

I stopped completely all the "extra" pills...I did replace CortiTrim with Relacor in the summer, as you well remembered, however I just got completely bored with all the pills and finally decided to take just a multi, flax/omega mixed, E, B12, Biotin, Potassium, Magnesium (for cravings). In November I just got completely burnt out with the program, as many of us did, and I did discuss with my center of going into stabilization, they encouraged me not to and to try to get 10 more pounds off...well I should have listen to my body...I soon was eating off plan and then suffered a serious shin-splint and was off my running schedule for a month, making me very depressed. I am only now getting back to it and am training for my first half-marathon. Needless to say I only went back for one WI after signing up for another 10 weeks, blowing the fees! I am now doing this on my own with far less stress, if I have an extra this or that I am not fretting about my WI, I just keep going and look ahead...I am following the Meta-Balance plan about 90% of the time and I am happy with this. I will lose my last 20 or so in three months probably but I will be doing it with less stress both mentally and financially...I do have bad days but in the end I will get there and I know we all can. I found this image on one of the other 3 Fat Chicks threads and I printed it out and have it taped to my fridge and saved as my desktop background...sure keeps me motivated. Have a look. It is an image of a body scan of two women, one at 250lbs the other at 120lbs...look at all the fat around the internal organs, including the heart...this gave me a different perspective on fat/weight, its just not about the exterior its really all about the interior!

dkmd27
01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Those pictures are something else! uugghhh

sherriebaby2009
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow!! If that photo doesn't keep you motivated I don't know what will!!!

als72702
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi, can anyone give me the low down on the basic plan for the metabolic research diet? I want to join, but just can't afford it. I thought I would just get the basic plan and order the supplements from diet direct.... .any help would be greatly appreciated!

JSTUCKLY
01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi, can anyone give me the low down on the basic plan for the metabolic research diet? I want to join, but just can't afford it. I thought I would just get the basic plan and order the supplements from diet direct.... .any help would be greatly appreciated!

Email me at Jstuckly@hotmail.com

snflrgrl1962
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm in too! I am going it alone this time....don't have the money for MRC!

thelish
01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay so I'm back too...third times the charm right?!?! I joined about a year and a half ago and got within 7 lbs of my goal. Right about that time I went through some personal stress as well as a move and long story short gained a lot back. I rejoined this summer, but really wasn't as happy with the lincoln center as I has been with the Omaha center (okay really the one consultant I saw everytime I went) and was not willing to spend the money anyway, I didn't stick with it. I'm thinking I'm ready to give one more shot, but on my own this time ordering online. Glad to see there are others (including some familiar faces).

thelish
01-22-2010, 10:43 PM
BTW - if I can't find my menus can someone help me out????

gonnabthin
02-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi!!! Will someone please email me the menus. I used to be on the green menu but I definitely need the 200 lb plus menu. I don't know how the PM function works since I'm new to 3FC but please contact me so I can give you my email. Thanks!

karla
02-25-2010, 01:19 AM
I have the metabalance menu. If anyone needs it just pm me.

channeen
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I just started yesterday on my own. I purchased the drinks online and found they were much cheaper. I need a MRC buddy to help me as well. I'm ready to get back into my clothes hidden in the other closet in my house! I've got about 80 pounds to lose!!!
I have no idea what the equivalent of the MRC-6, guggal and cortislim would be else where. If anyone knows this please share.

bristol308
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
I would love to start this, can anyone share the plans? I have 60 pounds to lose. Also would like the website to purchase the supplements. I could really use some help! I just don't have the money to join.

tvmitche
02-27-2010, 10:09 PM
okay...i've been lurking at this site constantly. i am a repeat mrc'er......in the morning i'm starting back on program (on my own)...i have tons of drinks, bars, menus, etc....all i need to succeed. this program really works if you stick with it....i lost about 20 pounds in a month about 6 years ago....since then i have tried and tried to get back into it....i have GOT to...my weight it gross!!!.....okay....i've said it and made the declaration.

TeresaG
02-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well on your own and with support here. I am still trugging along on the program but have someone who would like to do the program. I have the biege and green menu's, but I think she would be on a different one as she is over 250 lbs. Does anyone have any info on the weight ranges for the other menus before the biege and could you send it to me please? Thanks.

dkmd27
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
HI LISH! I'm still here, back and forth and back and forth .... blah!!!

But I'm not gonna give up. I did a little diversion into WW, but that just sets me on a bad path, and I know I need to leave the sugar alone. So I'm back MRCing ... buy all stuff from dietdirect (I have a ton left so won't need to get any for awhile). So far so good! It's only been a week ;)

thinknthin
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I joined MRC in January and went from 219 to 195 at the endo of February. I'm happy with the weight loss but I too, feel like the program is way too expensive.
I take 22 or so pills a day and I think that's crazy. But I'm sort of afraid to give them up. Any suggestions on how to stop taking all the pills? Which one to take and which one to buy elsewhere?
And thanks for the info about dietdirect. I'm ordering now!

thinknthin
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok, I went to dietdirect. What is better to order, "the porteinex 30 oz for 29.99 or the protidiet which is 9.99 for 7 in a box, which is the same as MRC.

dkmd27
03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Ok, I went to dietdirect. What is better to order, "the porteinex 30 oz for 29.99 or the protidiet which is 9.99 for 7 in a box, which is the same as MRC.

you have to wait until they're on sale ... every week they have 6 items on sale, sometimes what we use, sometimes not.

then they are $7.99 (although I noticed this morning that they may have gone up to $8.49), and if you order more, they are less. I usually order a huge batch at a time (I use the concentrates, puddings and bars), and then end up getting them for about $6.49. And shipping is free after $79 I think.

I usually post when it's something that the centers sell. The sales run from Monday morning until Sunday night.

thinknthin
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the advice. And, $6.49 is much better than the 10 or 12 dollars a box at the center.

thinknthin
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok, I went back to Dietdirect's site. Has anyone tried the Proti Diet Pink Lemonade Drink Mix? I see that it's one of their sale items this week.

rn5192008
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Pink Lemonade is good just like MRC

Debster
03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Thinking I may try to do the plan on my own. This support group is amazing!!
I am a 55 year old woman who lost 55 pounds on my own in 2009. I still need to lose about 25 pounds. Does anyone know what menu I would use/what would I eat? I only have about 8 weeks before my life gets crazy. Daughter's wedding, extra work, travel. So I had wanted to work really hard during thesse 8 weeks to attempt to lose 15 pounds or so. Since the center's programs begin at 12 weeks (at least here) and I only have 8 weeks concurrent to working the rprogram. If someone would share with me the appropriate plan I would be most grateful. When things calm down I can go to the center to reach my goal weight. Right now I weight 170, short term goal weight is 155 (8 weeks), long term goal 145. I would appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

sherriebaby2009
03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I may jump in with you. I have never done this before, went to the free consultation and was shocked at the price and that was before they pushed any supplements! I have a friend from work who did the program. She is willing to share menus and will buy any supplements that I need from MRC for me. She also recommended a web site to purchase supplements that are less expensive.
Part of me is afraid to go it alone, paying the money just might keep me committed you know?

I've been on the program since November and they told me on Monday that I need to resign my contract since I didn't lost all my weight. I've been 100% OP since December 27th and I've lost 14.5 pounds and 11.5 inches! For the most part, I love the program; it is WAY too expensive!! I haven't bought any of their supplements, gone to GNC for everything I need .. better product, MUCH cheaper!!
So, I'll be doing the program solo once March 12th is here. I'll either purchase my protein drinks online or will get something similar at GNC.
I've been on the green menu since I've started and KNOW I can do this without paying their ridiculous fees ...

betterlife 32
03-03-2010, 04:48 AM
I ws tolda bout MRC through a friend. She said the cost was very reasonable and that the program really works. Imagine my surprise when i went to the consultation and was given the sign up fee for my weight loss plus an idea of the cost of supplements! I think maybe my friend just needed a lot less weight loss than i do. I m currently at 218lbs. and would love to see 135 again. I am 50 yrs old and post menopausal. IF anyone can help me with the steps and understanding of the plan as well as meal i would be extremely grateful. I am not a big fan of lots of chemical supplements. i usually take a multivitamin, omega three, and a prescription hormone replacement for medical reasons. I must confess, i don't remember much of what we discussed in the consultation as once I heard the price, I went into sticker shock.

thanks in advance for any help that i can get in starting this weight loss and lifestyle.

chickee333
03-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I would like to be part of this forum on 3FC. If someone needs a buddy, I need one too and can be that person. I just joined and think the support would be what I need to move forward while doing it on my own. Stuck at a 27 lb weight loss for months and need to lose at least 75 lbs more. Saw an ad for MRC and my research led me to this site. I now have some idea about MRC diet and am looking at getting the supplements online, but still need program/menu info for over 200lbs so I know what to eat (and what not to eat). Thanks for any and all help: timeless333 at hotmail dot com.

03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I would also like to start the program on my own and have a buddy too. I was on it once before and lost 67lbs. But then a baby came along and I gained the weighted back plus more. the beige menu did work for me and I was on the phentermine 37.5mg My doctor prescribed it to me and I only had to pay $30 a month for it . It was better than paying 60-100 dollars for the mrc stuff. If anyone has the beige menu,I would like a copy of it to get things started

ObiwansWife
03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello, everyone! I am new to this forum. I lost about 25 lbs at Metabolic recently, and have maintained that weight loss, but can't seem to get motivated to lose the rest (another 50 lbs). I currently am using the green diet sheet. I really want to lose the last of it so I can get the weight off once and for all, (and actually wear shorts this summer!) but I hate to spend the big bucks (again) that Metabolic wants. And then I found this forum!! What a blessing!

I have a few questions:

1. Is it necessary to have the HNS (or substitutes) for this diet to work?

2. What comes after the green diet sheet? Is there another one that is even more restrictive? (And can someone provide a copy to me if there is?)

3. How do you all get through the afternoon munchies? I have a three year old who still naps in the afternoon (so I am at home), and I have the hardest time getting through that time without having a least a little something I'm not supposed to. I need help!

Thanks,

Stacy

dkmd27
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
The green one was what they told me I'd be on all the way to goal. I know you don't have to have the HNS -- 2-1/2 years ago when I joined I asked and they had a plan if you weren't going to use the HNS -- and it was basically upping your protein or having a lean protein snack in between. Basically calculate the calories in the HNS -- 60 x 4 (if you use 4) and then use 240 calories of a lean protein in its place. I don't remember exactly, as I didn't get a copy, because I just used the HNS that I bought online instead of at the center (my center never gave me a hard time about it, because they knew it was the same product, but I guess other centers have).

They said the guarantee wouldn't be good if you did it without the HNS or bought them elsewhere --- but seriously, if you eat off program, the guarantee isn't good anyway, so it's virtually a worthless little advertising ploy.

Bottom line .... the program works if you follow it (just like any other program), and it won't if you don't! LOL --- so it's really all about our personal choices.

reuselady
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM

HNSs provide extra protein to get the ratio of protein to fat & carbs up to 60:20:20 at each meal. With the carbs this low, your body will burn your own fat and the high protein will keep your body from burning your lean muscle. It is difficult to get enough protein through food and still keep the carbs and fat low enough to be in this rapid weight loss mode.

2. What comes after the green diet sheet? Is there another one that is even more restrictive? (And can someone provide a copy to me if there is?)

After the green menu comes the Stabilization Weeks where you gradually start adding in foods you have not been eating. After the 6 weeks of Stabilization, you get the Maintenance menu for either 1200 or 1500 calories per day.

3. How do you all get through the afternoon munchies? I have a three year old who still naps in the afternoon (so I am at home), and I have the hardest time getting through that time without having a least a little something I'm not supposed to. I need help!

Here is where the high protein keeps the hunger away but you also have to reduce the cravings by going 3 days or so without any sugars. It is really hard but if you can refrain from eating anything with sugar or corn syrup or HFCS for 3 days, your body will not crave them so. You may need to 'cheat' during those 3 days by having an extra HNS or an apple or cheese sticks that may not normally be allowed but if it can help you get the sugars out of your system so you can follow the program, it may be worth it.

Good luck all who are doing this - it's tough but oh, so worth it! :)

ObiwansWife
03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you! That information helps a lot!

Stacy

03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I have the beige menu if anyone needs it.

thetahoney82
03-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I am very interested. I did this program about 2 years ago, but have since moved and lost all my menu's. There isn't an MRC within an hour of me. If anyone could send me the menu's I'd appreciate it you can send it to: thetahoney82 on yahoo.comWhere are you guys getting your supplement drinks etc?

mom2twnz89
03-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I did LA Weightloss years ago and I'm interested in MBR but like many don't want to pay the money or be hounded into buying stuff I don't need. Went on EBAY to see if I could buy a plan, didn't have any. Is it against the site here to list a plan??
Thanks, Cindy

JessicaM121
03-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey All - I paid my first membership fee and bought the multi, but my husband lost his job and we are beyond broke. The center let me put my membership on hold until we get back on our feet. It has been months and I have gained more weight and feel awful about myself. I need to get a little start before starting back at the center, and I don't have any of the menus, but would love some inspiration from them. Healthy food itself is so expensive, we have been living on rice and hamburger helper, and I just feel awful! Anyone here that can get me the menus?

dkmd27
03-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I have to admit, I've been trying this by myself for awhile, and I just don't do as well. Unfortunately I don't have the means to rejoin, so I keep on trying, but it is really hard! Getting information here helps for sure, but it's just not the same.

GWE140
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I have been attempting to get back on the program for a month now...trying a day here and there without success. Yesterday was the final straw...when I weighed myself and I had gained nearly 20lbs back since December UGH! SO today is day one and it is going great...I worked so hard last year to lose 60lbs no way am I going to throw that all away...I have 34lbs to go.

dkmd27
03-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Hang in there GWE ... as long as we keep trying, we're still in the game!!

GWE140
03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Hang in there GWE ... as long as we keep trying, we're still in the game!!

Thank you...yesterday went really well and I have my head in it now!

dkmd27
03-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Thank you...yesterday went really well and I have my head in it now!

P.S. Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon!!

reuselady
03-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I have been attempting to get back on the program for a month now...trying a day here and there without success. Yesterday was the final straw...when I weighed myself and I had gained nearly 20lbs back since December UGH! SO today is day one and it is going great...I worked so hard last year to lose 60lbs no way am I going to throw that all away...I have 34lbs to go.
I've been on maintenance for 5 months and had gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've been watching what I eat and keeping my food diary on SPARKPEOPLE.com and it's the fats I'm eating too much of - good ones but too much. I posted the yellow menu a week ago and have eaten breakfasts, and lunchs if I'm home but haven't been able to follow through with dinners! I admire you GWE - I'd really like to get back into 'fat burning mode' for a couple weeks.

Maybe I'll use you for inspiration and just do it!!! Raising my water bottle to ya' :carrot: jeanette

gonnabthin
03-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Would you please send me the beige menu? I would greatly appreciate it! I was on the program when I lived in FL but there is not a center here in MD or close by. Please and thank you.

GWE140
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
P.S. Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon!!

dkmd27 - Thank you!

I've been on maintenance for 5 months and had gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've been watching what I eat and keeping my food diary on SPARKPEOPLE.com and it's the fats I'm eating too much of - good ones but too much. I posted the yellow menu a week ago and have eaten breakfasts, and lunchs if I'm home but haven't been able to follow through with dinners! I admire you GWE - I'd really like to get back into 'fat burning mode' for a couple weeks.

Maybe I'll use you for inspiration and just do it!!! Raising my water bottle to ya' :carrot: jeanette

Jeanette, thank you so much for the encouragement. I am happy to say that I am down 4lbs this morning after two days back on program...I did have a VERY difficult time running yesterday...struggled to get through 4 miles with the few calories in my system...but hey I will just keep on program and run what I can...my focus is to get to my goal and keep running as a form of stress release and exercise.

gonnabthin
03-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello, everyone! I am new to this forum. I lost about 25 lbs at Metabolic recently, and have maintained that weight loss, but can't seem to get motivated to lose the rest (another 50 lbs). I currently am using the green diet sheet. I really want to lose the last of it so I can get the weight off once and for all, (and actually wear shorts this summer!) but I hate to spend the big bucks (again) that Metabolic wants. And then I found this forum!! What a blessing!

I have a few questions:

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

Would you please share the green menu w/ me? I was on the program about 4 years ago but don't know what I did w/ my menu. I'm going to do this on my own. There are several websites that sale the same HNS that MRC sells but don't cost quite as much. I don't have enough posts to send my email address in this post but my email address is listed under my contact info.

Thanks,

Leketra

GWE140
03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I have yellow, blue, green, beige, meta-quick and meta-balance menus just PM me and I will scan and send...please give me a couple of days though...

JuliaGoolia
03-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Thank you SO much for this thread. I've had several friends do MRC's program and have phenomenal results, and I felt defeated because there's no way we could afford to do it - I'm self-employed, so it seems like money is always tight and anything extra goes toward saving for slow times.

From what I've gathered, I need the beige and green menus - can anyone send these to me? And if you've got any tips for a total newbie, send those along too!

Thanks!
- Julie

kwilde6434
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
So I saw in here where someone stated that they order the drinks online at dietdirect dot com but what specifically do you order from them? I am going to sign up today and will have Food Instruction on Friday but wondering if I can save some moolah (as I desperately need to do) by ordering online. I just don't know enough yet to order the right thing. Please help!?! Any advice would be great.

I would also love the menus as I am sure I will want to lose more than what they have planned in the next 17 weeks for me but refuse to pay more money beyond today. I have no idea what menus I need, can someone educate me on this and/or send them to me?

Not sure how to get you my info... k w i l d e 6 4 3 4 at y a h o o dot c o m. is my e m a i l addy.

Thanks!!

reuselady
03-30-2010, 08:52 AM
MRC is more than just menus - it is not a diet, it is a Program. Those of you who do not have a center near you and do not want to do this program via phone and mail order, or can not afford to sign up, could use this forum (all zillion pages of it) to "data mine". In different places, you will find the information contained in the menus. If you have questions about something specific, at the bottom of the index page, you can search on specific words to find all the posts that have that word in it. Many of us who have spend a lot of money on MRC do not feel comfortable just 'giving away' the menus. There are a lot of specific problems that can occur when you are on a low calorie diet and the supervision and bi-weekly meetings with the MRC counselor helps protect one when one is doing this diet. If you read through this forum and get enough information to do this on your own and you post questions here often enough, you may find someone who feels comfortable to email you the menus. After you have been a 3FC member for 21 days and have so many posts (or something like that) you can send and receive Private Messages. I do not want to be discouraging and I love sharing this program with everyone who really wants to lose weight, but you have to realize, it is a change in life style, not a diet. If you go back to eating how you did before MRC, you will gain weight. Sorry this is so long; I feel bad everytime someone posts on this and the "Menus" thread.

sully2nsb
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Great so let's get started. Does everyone have the meal plan and know what they are supposed to be eating? I am starting...again....day one of the meta-slim plan (ketosis part). Last time I tried this diet I got to day 7 and just got so bored with the food. I wasn't completely hungry although there were times when I did get more hungry. I just don't like to eat salads for lunch and I need something quick and easy to grab and go.

Ok so I started MRC the 1st of this year & I fall & get back up however I have lost 13lbs, 22 inches & went from an uncomfortable size 16 jeans to a loose 10 jeans. I love the drinks & products & am up for renewal on Saturday. Would have to pay ANOTHER $130 (paid over $200 to join) in order to renew (does not include products). I saw all of your comments & went ot Diet Direct. THANK GOD!!!!!! I usually spend $50/every 2 weeks on products. I went to the site & spent $80 (free shipping) and I am set, no renewal fees & now Ill take the remainder of that $130 I would have spent on Saturday & get my hair done instead!!!!! I am also joinging a Saturday boot camp here in Daytona so that will surely help. Other than that I walk about 1/2 hour 4x's a week if I am good! Im ready to join this support group & have the MRC cookbook so Ill try to post recipes here & there. Stock up on those drinks ladies...they're the success in my opinion!

sully2nsb
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM

Where do I get this weight progress chart???

Gmajill
04-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I am starting over too! Count me in!

I lost 30 lbs last year on MRC, got off track and put 20lbs back on. Not the program's fault, just lack of follow through and sticking with it :(

I am tired of not having a lap for my grandbaby to sit on and am ready to get going again, just not to the local center!

Good luck everyone!

reuselady
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Where do I get this weight progress chart???
Sign up on http://www.sparkpeople.com/ It is a diet program itself so it might be confusing doing MRC and this too but it is free and you can select to not use their food plan. I enter what I actually eat.

murcos
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
I went on MRC over a year ago. I had about 35 pounds to lose (I am pretty short), and lost all but about 3lbs to my goal. I loved MRC, and the weight seemed to come off fairly well without working out like crazy. I kept the weight off for almost a year, then was trying to quit smoking, and it was all downhill. I have gained some of the weight back, and really want to get back on this, but like some of you have said the money is the hard part. I know HOW to do it, I just need the motivation.

First of all, does anyone have the menus that they can email me? I tore my house up and can't find them. My start weight is probably about 135, but that's a guess because I don't own a scale any longer:)

Second, a little secret. Trader Joes makes a protein supplement in a powder form, that is just the same as the liquid supplements. It does not taste as good, but its about $15 for a huge container. Everything is the same in it, except the flavoring and consistency. I asked the girl at MRC and she said she couldn't support it because they don't sell it, but if it works to go ahead and use it. I used it almost the entire time I was on MRC before and it worked great. And it is way more filling than the kind they sell. I added Crystal light powder to it for flavor. Or coffee in the morning.

Any menus would be helpful!!! Thanks. And I will encourage you guys as much as I can. That was the most beneficial for me!

dkmd27
04-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Meal replacement shakes and gelatin are the specials this week at diet direct (the ones that fit on our program)

sully2nsb
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
All I have is the menu plan they gave to me it is not by color (my center was bought out by MRC) so I think it may be just a bit different, welcome to it if you would like, cant email it but I could re-type to your email. What & where is Trader Joes-----is it like a shake or a thin drink???

Nadine
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Sign up on It is a diet program itself so it might be confusing doing MRC and this too but it is free and you can select to not use their food plan. I enter what I actually eat.

I'm there too, if anyone would like to add me :D I like to stalk what people eat during the day and I don't get to see many MRC dieters so it'd be nice

thinknthin
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the specials of the week, dkmd27. How do we use the gelatin OP? I just used the protein shakes for the first time and they were expensive at MRC!

bikinibound12
04-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I recently moved to England and obviously cannot go to the center! I have been off the plan for about 5 months...and have gained almost all I lost! I brought most of my pills/drinks over with me (forgot the menus but started yesterday and am trying to do it from memory) Anyway I would love the support online as I dont have the option of going in :)

Good Luck!

dkmd27
04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
This week diet direct's special that is program compatible are the powdered fruit drinks (HNS). 8.49, less if you buy 12 or more, free shipping after 79 dollars.

sully2nsb
04-12-2010, 12:58 PM
This week diet direct's special that is program compatible are the powdered fruit drinks (HNS). 8.49, less if you buy 12 or more, free shipping after 79 dollars.

i SAW THIS & REALLY LOOKED AT IT & IF ANY OF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH sODIUM, PLEASE REFER TO THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS. tHIS IS DIFFERANT THAN THE LIQUID PROTIEN CONCENTRATE DRINKS. SODIUM IS WAY HIGHER, PROTEIN IS ONLY 12 COMPARED TO 15, THERE ARE SOME DIFFERANCES BUT IF IT DOESNT BOTHER YOU THAN THEY ARE PRICED GREAT!!!

dkmd27
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
i SAW THIS & REALLY LOOKED AT IT & IF ANY OF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH sODIUM, PLEASE REFER TO THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS. tHIS IS DIFFERANT THAN THE LIQUID PROTIEN CONCENTRATE DRINKS. SODIUM IS WAY HIGHER, PROTEIN IS ONLY 12 COMPARED TO 15, THERE ARE SOME DIFFERANCES BUT IF IT DOESNT BOTHER YOU THAN THEY ARE PRICED GREAT!!!

You're absolutely right ... I wasn't paying attention. It's the BariWise brand that is identical to the center (same product), and unfortunately it's not on sale this week. But when it is, I will let you all know. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

GWE140
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
You're absolutely right ... I wasn't paying attention. It's the BariWise brand that is identical to the center (same product), and unfortunately it's not on sale this week. But when it is, I will let you all know. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

I think you mean't the Proti is the exact same product as MRC, not BariWise. BariWire was on sale not Proti...I only buy Proti HNS and BariWise shakes. Proti has the exact numbers regarding sodium and protein as it is the same product sold at MRC in MRC packaging.

RonnieAdl
04-14-2010, 03:42 AM
I purchased some of the chicken boullion from them and it tasted ok, but the granules woulnd't desolve.. It isn't pleasant to drink a soup that won't disolve all the way.. Other wise it was ok.. I think it was the Proti ones. Not sure though..
Ronnie

sully2nsb
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I purchased some of the chicken boullion from them and it tasted ok, but the granules woulnd't desolve.. It isn't pleasant to drink a soup that won't disolve all the way.. Other wise it was ok.. I think it was the Proti ones. Not sure though..
Ronnie

Off of diet direct or mrc center??? I just get the chicken broth soup, not the boullion-I agree & that is why I dont get it like that any longer.:barf:
also congrates on almost reaching your goal!!!!!!

dkmd27
04-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I think you mean't the Proti is the exact same product as MRC, not BariWise. BariWire was on sale not Proti...I only buy Proti HNS and BariWise shakes. Proti has the exact numbers regarding sodium and protein as it is the same product sold at MRC in MRC packaging.

LOL ... oh my gosh, I'm so confused at this point .... let's see if I can get it right this time!

The WonderSlim powder is what's on sale this week, and it's not the same. The Bariwise powder is the same (I think), but it's the ProtiDiet concentrates that are the same. (That's what I get, I only like the concentrates).

Whatever it is, make sure and always check the nutritional information (it's posted on the web site) and compare. Then you'll know you're getting the right thing!

weepeople
04-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Hi I would love to join with you guys and I could use all the support I can get, but don't have the menus, will you help me as well?

weepeople
04-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I have been on this diet twice and like so many others can't afford to go back, can someone please send me the menus so I can try on my own, I also need the pre-conditioning on . I am new and can't IM so please email to me.

sully2nsb
04-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi I would love to join with you guys and I could use all the support I can get, but don't have the menus, will you help me as well?

Welcome! Go to dietdirect.com & shop. The liquid protien is the drinks from MRC, the bars ate barwise & protidiet. Most things you order should have little sodium, 12-15 grams of protien & not much of anything else!!! My diet menu was designed for me by a company that was bought out by MRC so I dont think mine mirrors everyone elses. Basically I did almost an Atkins diet for the 1st week to reset my body, then only 2 breads (1/2 sandwich thin or 1/2 flatout wrap) a day. 3 food proteins a day like egg, meat, etc (4 oz) & no white anything, no pasta, no bread, no rice, etc (not even wheat, except what I mentioned as allowable above). 1 serving of fruit at lunch, veggies at every meal (breakfast not mandatory but helpful...broccoli in your eggs maybe?) at least 3 MRC products a day (like 3 drinks, 2 drinks & a bar or pudding). Never a bar & pudding in the same day. Be smart, think first, pay attention to portions, nutritional facts. I also walk hard on the treadmill for 1/2hr at least 4x's a week. I have lost 15lbs & 3 sizes since Jan 2010. Good luck hope I helped & didnt confuse. Other chatters may have different diet details as I said but this has certainly worked for me with the MRC staff & products.

sully2nsb
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I have been on this diet twice and like so many others can't afford to go back, can someone please send me the menus so I can try on my own, I also need the pre-conditioning on . I am new and can't IM so please email to me.

Welcome! Go to dietdirect.com & shop. The liquid protien is the drinks from MRC, the bars ate barwise & protidiet. Most things you order should have little sodium, 12-15 grams of protien & not much of anything else!!! My diet menu was designed for me by a company that was bought out by MRC so I dont think mine mirrors everyone elses. Basically I did almost an Atkins diet for the 1st week to reset my body, then only 2 breads (1/2 sandwich thin or 1/2 flatout wrap) a day. 3 food proteins a day like egg, meat, etc (4 oz) & no white anything, no pasta, no bread, no rice, etc (not even wheat, except what I mentioned as allowable above). 1 serving of fruit at lunch, veggies at every meal (breakfast not mandatory but helpful...broccoli in your eggs maybe?) at least 3 MRC products a day (like 3 drinks, 2 drinks & a bar or pudding). Never a bar & pudding in the same day. Be smart, think first, pay attention to portions, nutritional facts. I also walk hard on the treadmill for 1/2hr at least 4x's a week. I have lost 15lbs & 3 sizes since Jan 2010. Good luck hope I helped & didnt confuse. Other chatters may have different diet details as I said but this has certainly worked for me with the MRC staff & products.

DDDrury
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the information I will go to dietdirect.com and see how much I could save.

RonnieAdl
04-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Off of diet direct or mrc center??? I just get the chicken broth soup, not the boullion-I agree & that is why I dont get it like that any longer.:barf:
also congrates on almost reaching your goal!!!!!!

sorry it was the chicken broth I got from them. I wish I could remember which one it was. I will have to look at the package when I get home. It tasted good though. I got it from Diet Direct. The soup I get from MrC disolves pretty well.

Cheers!

Ronnie:carrot:

weepeople
04-18-2010, 02:31 PM

Hi would you please send me copies of the sheets on email or contact me and I can give you my address, I went out this several yrs ago and want to get back on it but it is too expensive for me. My address is 7412 Gainsborough, amarillo, TX 79121 I don't have PM that I know of, thanks for your help, I really need the preconditioning on too if you have it. Thanks again.

GWE140
04-19-2010, 06:08 AM
I am thrilled...I lost 5lbs this week! Feeling back in control and doing this on my own with dietdirect....now if I can only stick with one BARIWISE protein bar a day I will be good....my gosh they are like eating a candy bar!

angel35
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
GSMOM/Mistyice06/lizzie/BuckeyeGirl -

I started Metabolic last August and lost about 35 lbs by Thanksgiving....well the Holidays got me completely off track and needless to say I gained all of my weight back and then some. I believe in this diet (lifestyle) and it really works! I just need to learn control!! Also, I never made it to stabilization before, which was part of my problem. I am doing the diet on my own now too and would love the support of this group! I have some supplements left over, but have a website that I order the protein drinks/supplements from. I was wondering though how how to find the equivalent of MRC-6/Cortitrim once I run out. Any thoughts? I am pretty sure you can buy the Hoodia at any drugstore/Walmart/GNC.

Do any of you have the maintenance/stabilization menu that you could share? I was curious as to how that works. I have only the yellow, blue and green.

What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info

dkmd27
04-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I am thrilled...I lost 5lbs this week! Feeling back in control and doing this on my own with dietdirect....now if I can only stick with one BARIWISE protein bar a day I will be good....my gosh they are like eating a candy bar!

AWESOME! Congratulations. (I feel your pain about only having one bar -- they are delicious!)

rjlapp2000
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM

I would love to get the menus. I tried this diet a few years ago and it worked great. My mom and I tried it at the same time and we both had success. She had a slightly different menu than I did (I think she had to eat more oz of protein at each meal). I am really new to this website, I just signed up today. It seems more supportive than the centers. Hope that is a good sign.

RonnieAdl
04-24-2010, 04:20 AM

Congratulations on the loss! You are doing really good.. Keep up the good work..

Ronnie:)

Keiko
04-24-2010, 10:54 AM

GWE- do you have a few favorite bars...I looked at the site and would love some recommendations...comparable to MRC's?.....thanks

GWE140
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Congratulations on the loss! You are doing really good.. Keep up the good work..

Ronnie:)

Ronnie thank you for the encouragement...I need it always :)

GWE- do you have a few favorite bars...I looked at the site and would love some recommendations...comparable to MRC's?.....thanks

Keiko, I purchase BariWise variety pack as not to get bored but my favorite bars are caramel crunch, double peanut butter, rocky road (#1 for me), these three satisfy my "candy bar" fix. ...However, they are all good and SO MUCH better than the Proti, many times the nuts in the Proti bars tasted rancid. I haven't tried the other protein bars on dietdirect but have tried them all in the stores, Luna, Atkins, etc...and I have to say BariWise is doing something right...absolutely no after taste like some bars have. I have to keep my kids out of them...I buy the "snickers" protein bars for my kids at Sams Club to keep them out of mine!

The caramel brownie, strawberry cheesecake are like a small desserts. I guess it all depends on your personal preferences. I would recommend you order the variety pack and have a taste of them all and then you will know which flavors you like best...I even liked the oatmeal which I thought I wouldn't...

dkmd27
04-24-2010, 06:56 PM

The Wonderslim Crispy Meal Replacement Bars are the same ones the center sells .... my faves are the cinnamon and peanut ones.

Keiko
04-29-2010, 01:08 AM

Keiko, I purchase BariWise variety pack as not to get bored but my favorite bars are caramel crunch, double peanut butter, rocky road (#1 for me), these three satisfy my "candy bar" fix. ...However, they are all good and SO MUCH better than the Proti, many times the nuts in the Proti bars tasted rancid. I haven't tried the other protein bars on dietdirect but have tried them all in the stores, Luna, Atkins, etc...and I have to say BariWise is doing something right...absolutely no after taste like some bars have. I have to keep my kids out of them...I buy the "snickers" protein bars for my kids at Sams Club to keep them out of mine!

The caramel brownie, strawberry cheesecake are like a small desserts. I guess it all depends on your personal preferences. I would recommend you order the variety pack and have a taste of them all and then you will know which flavors you like best...I even liked the oatmeal which I thought I wouldn't...

Thank you GWE for sharing this info...you're doing great...keep up the great work.

Keiko
04-29-2010, 01:11 AM
The Wonderslim Crispy Meal Replacement Bars are the same ones the center sells .... my faves are the cinnamon and peanut ones.

Deb thank you for the info - will look for those too....I'm a fan of the cinnamon @ MRC - so good to know. Have a great on plan week!

GWE140
04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you GWE for sharing this info...you're doing great...keep up the great work.

Thank you, you're welcome...

RonnieAdl
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM

Genelle, I got my Rocky Road and chocolate bars the other day! OMG! Those really are great! I can see where a person(me) could get into trouble with those! But thank you for the suggestion to get them. I think they will keep me out of the candy and other junk I want to indulge in..

Cheers!

GWE140
05-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Genelle, I got my Rocky Road and chocolate bars the other day! OMG! Those really are great! I can see where a person(me) could get into trouble with those! But thank you for the suggestion to get them. I think they will keep me out of the candy and other junk I want to indulge in..

Cheers!

Ronnie, I am glad you like them too and didn't waste your money! They keep me on program by satisfying those crazy cravings during TOM...

RonnieAdl
05-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Ronnie, I am glad you like them too and didn't waste your money! They keep me on program by satisfying those crazy cravings during TOM...

Those are really good and I think as good or better than an actual candy bar.. Have you tried their puddings? I wonder if they are as good. I tried a pudding from diet direct and it wasn't so good.. I think it was the same brand of soup I bought from that group before that didn't dissolve so well. I think I may try a box or two of the puddings.. Yummo!

Ronnie:):D

GWE140
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Those are really good and I think as good or better than an actual candy bar.. Have you tried their puddings? I wonder if they are as good. I tried a pudding from diet direct and it wasn't so good.. I think it was the same brand of soup I bought from that group before that didn't dissolve so well. I think I may try a box or two of the puddings.. Yummo!

Ronnie:):D

Ronnie, I haven't tried the puddings but I do have a sample in my cabinets from dietdirect along with a "cake" I think I might try the pudding tomorrow and I will let you know what I think...I am not sure if it is BariWise or not...I will have to check...and YES the bars are just like a candy bar and my favorite is the RockyRoad, better than a candy bar :)

lmickley
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I would like to start the plan again on my own. I have some menus to share, if anyone would like them..but I need stablization and maintenance menus since I never made it that far the 2 times was OP.

ReadyToBe
05-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi all! I hope you have saved room for one more to join! I did this program a year or so ago and was successful for quite a while, then just plain got lazy and quit doing it. Man do I regret that! I'm restarting and would love the support that seems to flow from everyone here.

Shrinking Mom
05-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone!

I would love to find out more information about the plans, programs and well.... everything! I knew someone that had been on a plan and did great. My job just ended due to budget cutbacks and I know that it is NOT in the budget, but would love to give it a try. Where do I begin and how?

melNco
05-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Ronnie, I haven't tried the puddings but I do have a sample in my cabinets from dietdirect along with a "cake" I think I might try the pudding tomorrow and I will let you know what I think...I am not sure if it is BariWise or not...I will have to check...and YES the bars are just like a candy bar and my favorite is the RockyRoad, better than a candy bar :)

the rocky road are sooooooooooooooooo yummy!

rcptaylor
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Can I get the menu's from you and a little support is always a great trade.

NeedtoLose200Lbs
05-23-2010, 06:42 PM
I am doing the MRC all over again on my own, as I did it the first time and then re-enrolled for $99. After re-enrolling once again for the $99. It took me the entire time to figure out how it works. However, my hubby and I are doing this together, so I think that is going to make it much easier without all of the out of pocket expense to MRC! I am on the Meta-Balance Menu and he is only going to be doing the menu, because when he went in for a free consultation when I was still doing MRC, they told him that he couldn't do the pills, due to the medications that he was taking and he's on those medications for the rest of his life and this is why he is only going to be doing the menu portion of the plan.

Therefore, I would love to join all of you! :) Also, someone said earlier that they could get the HNS's for like $6.49. If so, I would appreciate if it someone could PM me that information as to where. Otherwise, I'll just order them from the other places that I am familiar with. Thanks! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would love to network and support other people on this board! :)

saycindy
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
I am thinking of restarting this program AGAIN but on my own. I joined 3 years ago lost weight but then had to re-enroll since I did not make my goal. Unless I stayed on program 100%, there was no way I'd make their goal. I exercised to much and the calorie comsumion was really low, but they didn't agree. I seriously think I was in starvation mode much of the time.

I primarily used the HNS and sometimes other supplements recommended by the coaches. Did they work, who knows. Of course I gained it all back and then some. After a while I just stopped going since I just hated the way it made me feel since I just could not stay on program. I was going, feeling bad about myself and still spending so much on HNS's. Never got to the official maintenance because I never achieved the ultimate goal.

I am hesitant to do it alone because in the beginning there were lots of benefits. (honeymoon stage) I liked the positive atmosphere, coaching, signing the board and the contests. I almost won the first month's contest, losing the most weight. I'm not really competitive but it did push me. I think I'd miss all this if I did it alone.
Has anyone tried to re-join or join without buying their products??? I love the idea of buying them online for cheaper.

dtrrn
06-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I would like to join the group also. I was thinking of joining MRC but then I found this tread. But, I'm wondering if there is a new thread since the last thing posted here is from 5/31/10. I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.

dkmd27
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I would like to join the group also. I was thinking of joining MRC but then I found this tread. But, I'm wondering if there is a new thread since the last thing posted here is from 5/31/10. I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.

When you click on the Metabolic Research Center link, there are many "sub groups". The one that has the current month in the title is the one used most often. This one is a subgroup to answer specific questions about product. The others are usually about specific things. They are fun to read through, you can get hints and ideas, but the main one is "June" ... it will get set up as July on Thursday.

onebigmomma
07-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I faithfully followed this diet years ago and lost weight effectively until I learned I was pregnant. Now I am bigger than I've ever been before and rich with children but not rich with $$$. I have the blue menu (days 5 - 10), some HNS leftover and really want to get back on it w/out all the supplements. Please send me the menus for days 1 -5 and others! I cannot find them anywhere :( I'm new so I can't post my email normally so here goes with spaces: nicholette4872 at yahoo dot com. Thank you so much (in advance).

theycallmemom
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Room for another???? I tried MRC about a year and a half ago, and did well, but the cost was just to much for me. I dont have any menues saved, can someone help!!!!

(will have to edit my profile - my Grandson is now 2, and I am a wee bit chunkier...sigh)

Gma to 4
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks to Deb, I've got some of the HNS and the meal replacement bars so started over 3 weeks ago, using the getting started menu. My son went back to MRC officially and they told him to go from that first week of cutting back (white sheet with 4 categories) right to the green menu. He has about 30 lbs. to lose. He asked about the yellow and blue menus and was told they weren't using them anymore.

I went right to the green menu the second week and am on day 10. Am down 5 lbs in the first three weeks. I was never a big loser (averaged 2 lbs a week) when I was officially on the program, so am OK with the loss so far. It sure is easier than suffering through the yellow and blue menus.

dkmd27
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
YAY Judy!!!

sgustin8
08-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Hello ladies! Well, in 3 days, my program is supposed to be over but Im still like 15lbs away from my goal!! it has been a long and difficult struggle for me. I've realized that my problem is so much more emotional than it is physically being hungry. I like to stuff myself until I'm uncomfortable and then hate myself for it....vicious cycle. Anyway-i dont want to give you a life story, but i do want to join in going at it alone.

I have the green and blue menus and plan on getting stablization and maintence today (for when i reach goal), so if you need anything let me know. Starting tomorrow, i am doing my own metaquick (using EAS shakes) for 5 days. I plan on using diet direct.com for supplements and will grab some MRC-6 and Cortitrim as my last purchases from the center. Does anyone have suggestions for products similar to phentatrim, cortitrim or MRC-6?

This last week has been really bad for me, and i think i've gained about 5lbs....UGH (hence, the metaquick). So, tonight will probably be a bad weigh in and then i will re-motivate myself for tomorrow! I am bound and determined to get to my goal and I know you ladies are too, so lets help each other!

KatsMeow78
02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
This is a great post. Thanks for sharing everyone! I am going to look into this diet. I am trying to decide still between this or just Sugar Busters. Any opinions on the two?

Razorbackbritt
02-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Sugar Busters is all about glycemic index. I read and followed that for a while.

MRC is based on eating low-glycemic index foods and limiting carbs. If you don't want to give up carbs (well, we eat them...but very limited), go with sugar busters. At least with that there is rice and whole wheat pasta.

MRC works. I have lost over 30 pounds so far with it, but just know you have to committ 100% or it doesn't work.

KatsMeow78
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks Razorback I have decided to go ahead and do sugar busters because It is really a lifestyle change I need to make for good considering all the diabetes and heart disease in my family. Sugar busters for me seems more like something I can do for a lifetime:) Good luck to us all! I am waiting for my Sugarbusters cookbook to come in the mail:)

Lilmiss
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Hello everyone!! I am new to this board! I did MRC a year ago and was mildly successful, but not fully committed. I am ready now and I still have about 30 boxes of various drinks and some supplements. What I don't have (moved in last year) is any of the menus. I am in a northern suburb of Denver, CO. and would love to try this on my own. (I never went to the Center except to buy drinks and supplements before.) Can anyone help me? I hope someone can help!!
THANKS!!

Lilmiss
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks to all of the positive posts on the board - I am going to sign up!! Thank you to everyone!!

dixiechx
02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
I was on Meta-slim for 4 months and I lost about 35 lbs. I got to the point that I couldn't afford it any more. I misplaced my green menu. Please can someone help me. I am at wits end looking for it. I
I have to get the rest of the weight off my knees. The doctor has told me that if I don't I will have to have knee replacements very soon.
PLease can someone email the green menu to me.
:hug:

Joy2MeNu
02-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I was on Meta-slim for 4 months and I lost about 35 lbs. I got to the point that I couldn't afford it any more. I misplaced my green menu. Please can someone help me. I am at wits end looking for it. I
I have to get the rest of the weight off my knees. The doctor has told me that if I don't I will have to have knee replacements very soon.
PLease can someone email the green menu to me.
:hug:

I just posted it (both beige and green) again yesterday in the menus thread.
If you will go to my 10/28 post to SPRYNG, within this thread, both are posted in a pdf format.

MrsMBunnieXI
02-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay ladies you have convenience me to give this a try. I need everything. I have never tried this but enough is enough. This weight has got to go. Please I need menus instructions on what to start with and what to buy. Please someone help me.

grams1
03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
How can I get copies of the Meta Slim Menus? starting with Pre-conditioning and after that? I want to start the program but the cost is holding me back. any advise?

Joy2MeNu
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM
How can I get copies of the Meta Slim Menus? starting with Pre-conditioning and after that? I want to start the program but the cost is holding me back. any advise?

These are posted to menus thread.

nvrfatagn
03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I would like to talk to you, I have questions. Please contact me since I am new and don't have the ability to contact anyone at this time.

nvrfatagn
03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
What is the yellow menu or blue menu? I see posts on them but I am not familiar with them.

What is the difference between the green (which I am on) and these?

Joy2MeNu
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
What is the yellow menu or blue menu? I see posts on them but I am not familiar with them.

What is the difference between the green (which I am on) and these?

If you are directing questions to me, I don't see any contact info on your profile, and therefore cannot send you a private message.

I am likely not the best person to help you, as I am not familiar with yellow and blue menus.

All I know is that I began on beige (for over 200 lbs) then went to green (for under 200 lbs).

I am currently no longer doing any of the regular standard plans, but rather the newest weight loss plan provided through MRC. That one I cannot talk about on this forum however.

coarkkayaker
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I had to pay A LOT extra to get "special" menus made for me because of the meds I take for being bi-polar. Anyone else in the same boat? Come across any issues?

tkdtara84
07-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Yellow and blue are for if you start under 200 lbs. If you're under 200, you go from preconditioning to yellow for days 1-4 and then blue from days 5-10. My consultant said it's supposed to keep the momentum of preconditioning going to help you lose more. If you're already on green, I'd just stay there. They're VERY restrictive, even more so than green.

I'm restarting and am under 200 this time (last time I wasn't). They gave me the choice of doing yellow/blue or just skipping straight to green. I haven't really decided yet.

victorialynn2
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I went from preconditioning to yellow for the next 4 days, then blue for 6 days. I was told it is suppose to jump start the ketosis in your body which is essential for this diet to work.
You have to eat exactly what is on the menu. For example on yellow Breakfast you have to eat 1 oz hard cheese, 1/2 small orange, 1 slice lite bread or melba toast w/HSN.
Lunch is 2 oz hard cheese or 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese, 8 oz salad w/specific veggies and HSN. Dinner is 4 oz white chicken or turkey, fish or white water packed tuna or beef once in the 4 days, 4 oz salad w/very specific veggies, 4 oz cooked veggies (again specific ones), 1 slice lite bread.
Up to 2 more HSNs are allowed per day.
You have to eat exactly that so it looks like cheese and toast for breakfast this weekend and lots of salad for lunch and dinner.

lisalisa66
07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I would love to join you in doing this if it isn't too late. If you have copies of the menus I would really appreciate it. I def think I will be more motivated if I had buddies to hold me accountable :)

Have a great day!

I would love to be a buddy!! I am really motivated to do this. I'm new to the site so please let me know!

rumor013
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi, I too do no have the money to join but I do have most of the menu plans. Are you still trying/wanting to do this on your own? If so, I'd LOVE to try to do this with you. I've never done MRC before so this is my first time. I really wished I could afford to pay the fees but I simply cannot right now. I have several different menu's here labeled "Meta-Slim Days 1-4" "Meta-Slim Days 5-10" " "Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan" "Meta-Slim Plus Three Meal Plan" and the "Meta-Balance Plan." Can you tell me the differences between the Meta-Slim and the Meta-Slim Pus? Also, after day 11 on the Meta-Slim plan do you know what plan I go on to after? :) I have a ton of questions and have tried to sort through some of these blogs but there are just too many of them and not enough time in the day.

Would you mind if I got a copy of your meta balance?? I have the meta slim and meta slim plus menus. I am looking to try meta balance because of excercising.

Danielle60
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi ! I am wrapping up the second round of the one we are not supposed to talk about. Were you satisfied with your results ? I wasn't ! I also strayed 3 times. For me that wasn't the best thing to do. My problem is that what I like to eat is so limited. I don't and won't eat fish. So, I primarily ate pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey. I would like to see some of their menu's to decide whether that would be of interest before spending more $$. :) Danielle

Danielle60
07-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi all !!! OK I'm reading some of the postings and getting more confused. What are "extra high nutrient supplements" ? Vitamins ? or just their protein drinks ? what does one do if anything before the green menu ? I would love copies if any emailed to: lilgrnmonster2003@yahoo

shemyvonne
10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
I have the beige menu if anyone needs it.

please pm me the beige menu (thanks)

bunnygrl247
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
I am super excited to try this after I have witnessed first hand my best girl friend starting the day after st patricks day, lose 65 lbs, 54 inches, and stop drinking. Im so proud of her and the weight she has lost.

If anyone has the information menu packet, could you please send it to me? bunnygrl247 at yahoo. Im looking to lose 100 to 150 lbs. THANKS!!!!

kimmermarie19
12-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi all! I joined MRC in Feb 2010, and by May, I had lost 30 lbs. I loved the plan and felt great.....THEN we went on vacation to Louisiana for my DH's best friend's wedding. It kind of all went down hill from there. I slowly went more and more off plan and eventually gained all the weight back plus a few lbs. I am excited to start back today, but nervous about doing it on my own. I know it is well worth the money, but since I have all the tools, I can't bring myself to spend all that money again. I just have to have the will power to do it...no matter if I go in to WI or do it at home. I am also excited to try the 100% Any Whey Protein as my HNS.

MRC is a great program, and I am hoping it works for me the second time around!

BignMiserable
12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone, newbie here! I am starting the MRC on January 1st 2012. My brother in TN has done the program and he is really excited. He wants me to do it too. He has offered to pay the fee for the program so that really helps me since I am disabled with a heart condition. I am really looking forward to losing approximately 200lbs. I need all the support I can get I get none at home so please be patient with me. I will be having lots of ? and comments for sure.

madbomber009
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello everyone. I recently found this site while doing some research on how I can get myself on a diet as close to the Meta Slim diet as possible and found myself creating a profile after reading through several pages of this thread. My thanks for everyone who put this thread together. I used to move furniture for a living and diet plans didn't seem to do any good for all the exercising I did5 to 6 days a week. I used to weigh a little over 380lbs. After getting hurt on the job, I joined MRC and it was great. I was placed on the Meta Slim Plus menu and I ended up getting my weight down to 270lbs after 8 months on program. I never felt better in my life and I wasn't even doing heavy lifting for a living anymore. But, life threw me a curveball and I had some choices to make. One of those choices included quitting the program because I needed the money to get through that time in my life. Now, I am doing research to get back on the diet without spending enough money to look like I'm paying off a car every month. I plan on starting my preconditioning on the last week of January so I can get enough of the right groceries to support the diet I want to start. I know I'm new here but, I would appreciate it if anyone knew how to get a hold of the meta slim plus menu again. Thanks for reading this.

kathyvbmc8
01-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Can someone help me out...did the program when i was stationed in NE...now I dont have a clinic near by just had my 1 st baby and need serious help :( I lost the menus i rember the jist of what to eat but I need the menues and with the new baby I cant justify spending the money on myself again...any help would be so appreicated...thanks

tiredofbeingtired
01-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Hello. This is such a great site and I've learned alot. I'm currently 217lbs and would love to start MRC but like alot of people I just can't afford it at this time. I know that I can order what I need from diet direct. But could someone please email the different menus that I would need to follow for my weight. And how long to stay on each menu. And whatever tips you could shar would be very helpful. :)
Hmmm. I can't PM yet as I'm new here and have not posted enough. And I suppose it's not all that safe to list email addresses here.

lifter60
02-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Which liquid protein did you use from Dietdirect.com?

sk8happi420
05-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Misty, i would love for some help in this process. I have LGMD, i saw on your profile you have MD as well.

mrobinson2181
05-06-2012, 04:29 AM
What does everyone order from diet dict?

dkmd27
04-08-2013, 10:53 PM
was never given the metabalance plan .... does anyone have it or willing to share, or just say what is different from that and the green menu?

corisimo
04-08-2013, 11:18 PM
They are basically the same. On Metabalance, the portions are a little smaller and you have you HNS's with a small snack three times a day between meals.

dkmd27
04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
thanks corisimo .... if I'm understanding you right, there are three snacks with your clear HNS, are the snacks off of the green menu food choices? I'm guessing that the reduced portion size at meals makes up for the snack?

rwquilts
04-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I really appreciate the support we give each other on these forums, but we aren't supposed to share menus here. You can get into trouble if you do.

Skrytus
04-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I really appreciate the support we give each other on these forums, but we aren't supposed to share menus here. You can get into trouble if you do.

I have to agree. I know for some who really can't afford the program this seems tempting and if you already paid for the program once not so big a deal. But, MRC is a business and giving away what others pay for and MRC puts time, money, and research into doesn't seem quite fair to them. I know initially the fees seem high but if you were to stack it against WW it is actually cheaper, especially considering you get a year of maintenance included. Also, you don't have to take the supplements, just the protein drinks. I know when I look at what I spent on junk food before the plan I know I am spending much less. If anyone wants to go with Diet Direct I believe they have a weight loss plan. I just don't feel right about using MRC for the plan but not using their products. In most cases if you purchase 10 boxed at a time it is way cheaper than Diet Direct anyway. Just my 2 cents.

skelley331
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I have to agree. I know for some who really can't afford the program this seems tempting and if you already paid for the program once not so big a deal. But, MRC is a business and giving away what others pay for and MRC puts time, money, and research into doesn't seem quite fair to them. I know initially the fees seem high but if you were to stack it against WW it is actually cheaper, especially considering you get a year of maintenance included. Also, you don't have to take the supplements, just the protein drinks. I know when I look at what I spent on junk food before the plan I know I am spending much less. If anyone wants to go with Diet Direct I believe they have a weight loss plan. I just don't feel right about using MRC for the plan but not using their products. In most cases if you purchase 10 boxed at a time it is way cheaper than Diet Direct anyway. Just my 2 cents.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! :carrot:

skinnymiss42
04-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Hello, I am getting ready to start MRC again...I lost over 100lbs on it before..it is amazing...I was just 15 lbs from my goal but I lost track and gained quite a bit back...I am now ready to start again...I have gone on many many diets and I always fail...this is the one diet I was successful with and know works and keeps me satisfied....I bought some protein powder at wal mart to try as my protein supplements...I will eventually buy the ones online because that is what got me thru before...having the drinks made me feel like I was getting a treat...would even make snow cones..lol...anyway...I would like to join this group...I see that this thread has been going on for a few years now and I hope it is just as active as it has been in the past...look forward to loosing with you...Missey

daizy hotrocks
04-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Bump

tennesseemom
04-08-2014, 08:51 AM
the 10/10 are cheaper than diet direct. and it is my understanding you can buy products from the center w/o actually being a member.

selway
04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
skinnymiss42 - welcome and come join us on the monthly thread!

rwquiltsn and Skrytus - Agreed on the menus! They are copyrighted documents. Just consider the loss of revenue from distributing the menus to one person - the sign up costs, supplements and HNSs for say 13 weeks...adds up. I certainly wouldn't want to get a bill from MRC for that! :)

kgoethe
05-06-2014, 04:12 PM

I am new to the site and am in need for MRC Menu's right not I am in need or the Mets Quick. I have the green menu and the Meta Boost and also the stabilization and maintenance. I went throught the MRC program and am still paying off my credit card from the last time but need to shead a few pounds. Any help I would be willing to share my menu's

skelley331
05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
I am new to the site and am in need for MRC Menu's right not I am in need or the Mets Quick. I have the green menu and the Meta Boost and also the stabilization and maintenance. I went throught the MRC program and am still paying off my credit card from the last time but need to shead a few pounds. Any help I would be willing to share my menu's

The menu's are designed to incorporate the HNS drinks, if you don't have the drinks the menu's really aren't any good. We aren't suppose to share, if you went thru it once you can call the center and they will send you what you need.

Beachgirlwannabe
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I joined MRC in July 2012. Lost 40 lbs by November, which was my goal. They would not put me on Maintenance because I my Body fat was not at their number. (Only a point or two away) but I didn't want to pay another sign up fee, and so I was happy with my results, and decided to continue on my own. I did well for the first year, but last fall I started putting on a pound here and a pound there! Well, here I am up 15 pounds. So, I too would like to start again on my own, but would love to get and give support!! I remember quotes I read here when I started that helped me, so I am sharing them with you. "Skinny feels better than anything I eat" " I can eat whatever I want, I just choose not to eat cheesecake (or whatever) right now." "My body is important and I want to be healthy as I grow older"

brandy8188
05-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Trying again this time on my own. I know it will be more difficult, but I can't make it to the center twice a week. I'm planning on this forum being my accountability since that is such a big part for me. Thanks.

abudhabimommy
07-29-2014, 06:49 AM
I lost weight so fast on this before, after the birth of my first and second children. Then the center in my town closed. Now I am living overseas (UAE) and I see it will take SO long for shipping and such, which is fine except I am motivated RIGHT NOW! lol...to bridge the gap while I am waiting for the HNS and other things to arrive, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me the menus? I really want to get going but don't want to give myself the excuse of time to gain more weight ! I am at the highest weight of my life except for the end of pregnancies :?:

I plan to use a subsitiute for the HNS from GNC that another person has recommended on these forums.

Thanks if you can help!

skelley331
07-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I lost weight so fast on this before, after the birth of my first and second children. Then the center in my town closed. Now I am living overseas (UAE) and I see it will take SO long for shipping and such, which is fine except I am motivated RIGHT NOW! lol...to bridge the gap while I am waiting for the HNS and other things to arrive, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me the menus? I really want to get going but don't want to give myself the excuse of time to gain more weight ! I am at the highest weight of my life except for the end of pregnancies :?:

I plan to use a subsitiute for the HNS from GNC that another person has recommended on these forums.

Thanks if you can help!

They have changed now to one menu called Metabolic More! They don't use the old ones anymore. I'm not sure you will find anyone to send it too you since we all have had to pay high dollars for this program. Goodluck

SatinDoll
07-30-2014, 10:21 AM
This is my third time at it but this time im going to do it right.. Major set back last year with the whole birth control weight gain...I will work out to tone up the areas i need too. The first time i lost so much weight i had no chest and my bones were sticking out my face.... Im at 196 and want to get down to 135