Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #1  

Default Emotional compulsive mess

Well, I have been successfully losing weight and getting in shape since the beginning of this month. And I've been doing it the HEALTHY way, unlike my past attempts. However, last night ended in a HUGE fight with the BF. Still not ok today. I'm a wreck. And now I have been compulsively eating, feeling hopeless and miserable. Oh, the ice cream (sugar free, but still way too much of it).

uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh

I'm so frustrated with myself. Old habits die hard.
BeatBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #2  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Baby, you can't be perfect all the time, and sometimes when bad things happen, you can't be expected to hold it all together all the time. You can try, you do your hardest, but in the end, you're still human and you can still make mistakes. That's OK. It's OK that you're craving ice cream, and it's OK if you feel frustration that you're feeling impulsed to go eat some. I think if you believe that too, the feeling might subside just a wee bit. You don't have to act on it, though. You're in control of you, not that icecream.

Eating releases dopamine, the chemical that makes you feel good. Obviously in high stress situations, you want to feel good so your body is saying "Hey! I know a great way! Dopamine!" and thus wants to make you eat.

Insteeead, how about a good workout? Nothing like a good kickboxing or running workout to release the steam. Or if you're not into cardio right now, pump some serious iron! Sweat! The workout will release some feel-good endorphins to ease the stress of your situation.

Or some yoga. Pilates. Walk. Whatever. Just get distracted, and spend some time benefitting yourself, and maybe even address the real issue at hand when it's time to.

Stay strong! You'll get through this just fine!
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #3  

Wow, thank you so much for the heartfelt response. I really appreciate it. Although I did overeat, it wasn't on too much junk. The ice cream was sugar free, and everything was my healthy food. just too much of it. It was the impulse that is the issue. You are right, and I know it. Today has been rough as well, and I plan on utilizing Taebo to help out a bit. haha

Thanks again.
BeatBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Wanted to say thanks for this response as well. It really helped me. Never occurred to me to add in the dopamine connection. Of course that plays a part in our compulsive overeating. Now if only to remember to look for this chemical elsewhere before turning to the food...
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i am so sorry you had it rough. I too have to find other dopamine releasing sources besides food.

i Hope the relationship is on better terms now hun?
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote