WW Clubs and Groups - #218 Bale of Turtles Hunting for Success!

Itryharder
06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support . Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin adn Lauren)

bandit2
06-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - thanks for posting veggie pie recipe for Msmeri, am sure she will enjoy this as much as we do. Hope your weigh in went well.

Msmeri - for the recipe Judy posted as is for 6 pieces it is 3 points per piece.
As Judy noted, we change up the veggies then follow rest of recipe as is.
Try this - it is fabulous! Thanks for posting your recipes, they sound yummy.
I try & stay away from too many dessert recipes even if they are low in points. Seems to be a trigger for me then I overdo in other areas as well.

Princess - how you doing?

I have done well this week & got in 10 miles of walking, so happy with that.

Finished off my ratatouille (melted cheddar cheese on top) with roast beef &
mashed cauliflower (faux mashed potatoes) - and all that was really good.
Didn't need evening snack since was late when I had supper.

Tonight going toilet shopping - so that will be different. My cousins husband is going to fix up my bathroom & I am replacing the old toilet, hopefully that will go smooth. Always something to renovate, replace or fix when you have an older home. But, I like it so not complaining.

We have our Canada Day holiday tomorrow, so will be off work. But will still get in my walk & go to my meeting for my weigh in.

Hope you all are having a good week!

msmeri
06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Judy - Thnx I can't wait to make it. We are going to the store today. I'll pick up all the stuff. I allready have the Bisquick. And I will be leaving out the onions.

Bandit - Do you have fireworks on Canada Day?

bandit2
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Msmeri - yes, there will be fireworks at different parks, but I usually go to the ones at my trailer park, but this year I am planning on staying home since it is suppose to rain all day. Will be nice to be off work middle of the week.

FrouFrou
06-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Hello ladies!

Hoping I am not stepping on toes here...hoping you all won't mind another turtle to join in.

Itryharder
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh Christina, we :welcome3: you. You're not stepping on anyone's toes and we are so not a clique. We're just a group of women (so far) who support each other, post our successes, and ask for help when we're having a tough time. Anyone who fits into those categories is more than welcome to post with us!!!! We get some fabulous ideas from new Turtles and we're always glad to hear what's going on in your life. Tell us about you.

All goes well here. I decided to WI tomorrow morning. My home scale is reading a very good number, so I've got my fingers crossed. I pointed out the Impossible Veggie Pie and got what Bandit did. To drop the calories and points down even more, you can use ffr cheddar cheese, with lite Bisquick, ff milk and all egg whites or egg beaters, you can squeeze the points down to 2 points/1/6 piece of pie. If I'm using it for lunch or dinner, I need at least a quarter of the pie or even a third. I'm a volume eater, but that's just me. Good luck.

Gotta run, but wanted to get back and say hi. I've got :goodvibes: going for Princess and her job search and for all of us to stay OP and keep on keepin' on. I'll be in a couple of challenging eating places for the next few days and then I'll be at the fourth of July party--but I'll remember to bring a huge yummy salad and will play it smart! You all take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/208.8/204.6 and closer to 30# down!

Princess1122
07-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone. Yesterday was not a good food day for me, not sure what happened but today is a new day!

Christina: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us! This is a great group that is great on support and sharing ideas.

Judy: Sooooo happy that you are getting the numbers that you want to see on the scale... It is important, I know it is not everything but it sure helps...LOL.

Bandit: Enjoy your holiday and the time off from work! Not much is going on here really. Just trying to get things ready as I head up north to my mom's this coming Sunday and then I will not be home for a while. I am going to try and find a computer up there to use to check in but not sure I will be able to. Mom has a computer but no internet access =)

Meri: the veggie pie is very good, and works all year long as a quick low point and filling meal.

Itryharder
07-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Princess, good luck with helping out your Mom. You'll be a blessing to her.
Judy
I'm heading out to the ocean for two days and will be back in time for the fourth. Evidently I'm bringing the thunderstorms with me. Ugh.

bandit2
07-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Morning, turtles

Christina - a big welcome to you, these ladies are great and offer lots of good ideas & support. Look forwarding to hearing some tips/recipes from you.

Princess - nice you are able to help your mom, and hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Judy, Judy, Judy - good luck at the scale. You have been working very hard and am sure you will be rewarding at your weigh in.

As for me, last night wasn't good with the eating. I went shopping for my bathroom stuff which was fine, but then we got back & I hadn't had supper and everyone wanted pizza, so I gave in and ate that way too late in the evening. But no use dwelling on it, just have to behave today.

It is Canada Day and wet & rainy and my dd is moving to her new place so won't be home today, so I am taking advantage of being home & not having to do anything. Just going to have a "me day" for a change.

Hope you are all having a good day!

bandit2
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Morning, turtles

Christina - a big welcome to you, these ladies are great and offer lots of good ideas & support. Look forwarding to hearing some tips/recipes from you.

Princess - nice you are able to help your mom, and hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Judy, Judy, Judy - good luck at the scale. You have been working very hard and am sure you will be rewarding at your weigh in.

As for me, last night wasn't good with the eating. I went shopping for my bathroom stuff which was fine, but then we got back & I hadn't had supper and everyone wanted pizza, so I gave in and ate that way too late in the evening. But no use dwelling on it, just have to behave today.

It is Canada Day and wet & rainy and my dd is moving to her new place so won't be home today, so I am taking advantage of being home & not having to do anything. Just going to have a "me day" for a change.

bandit2
07-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Morning, turtles

Itryharder
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, have a good me day. We all deserve one of those every once in awhile! :goodvibes:

Ayla, how are you doing?

Christina, how are you?

Hey, I finally had a great WI at WW's. I was down 4.6# (remember, last week I was up a pound) and I am .2# away from losing 30#! :goodscale:

Have a great rest of the week and I'll chime in when I can.

Judy
234.6/204.2/200 and closer to onederland!!!! :cool:

msmeri
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Christina - :wel3fc: Glad to have ya. I see you have been on the fat chicks a while. Great. And your weight loss is movin' along. I love your signature.

Judy - Keep a grip on those challenging eating places, You know all the right choices.

Bandit - Pizza is just evil. It's my kryptonite and we have it every Friday, so I can't avoid it.

Judy - You must have just had on big ear rings or something .2 is crazy...I know ....underwire! Next week my friend is gonna be your magic number.

So my WI is tonight. I am hosting the dinner. DH picked steak salad. I asked each girl there favorite salad topping, and ended up with quite a list. Everything from bean sprouts, garbanzo beans, green onion, bacon, fetta, almonds, craisens, along with all the regular stuff. I had the cash register lady do a total after all the veggies and it was over $30. not including the steak. DH was mad, I told him it was his idea. but I think he is ok now.

so last week was the starting weight, right for our Summer Challenge 10 week thing. It did not count for weight loss right?:?:

FrouFrou
07-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello ladies and thank you for the welcome! :thanks: :hug:

No time for a long post right now, but promise to be back tomorrow to chat and tell some about myself. For now...

Hoping everyone is having a great day! Looking forward to getting to know you all! :wave:

bandit2
07-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Good evening, turtles:

Judy - WOW, what a fabulous loss for you! I am sooooooo proud & can't imagine how happy you are. That is terrific!

Christina - glad to have you onboard.

Princess- hope you are doing well.

Msmeri - yes, I agree about pizza being evil. You can't just have 1 piece.

As for myself, I was down 1.5# at my weigh in so was OK with that.
Always glad when the scale goes down!

Keep up all the good everyone, and lets get all have a great day tomorrow!

ladynredd
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome Christina! :welcome2:

Today was the day my husband's niece came over to help me in the sewing room/office -- she is unemployed and money is always tight for them. I told her I'd give her $50 for 3 hours of help.

At the suggestion of DH, she brought her two youngest children with her. While we worked, he took them to the pool and they went swimming, then picked up his mother (their great-grandmother) and brought them all back here to play Old Maid.

In the meantime, I turned the AC on and their mom worked hard and cheerfully, getting my ironing table cleared off, fabric to be ironed neatly folded in a laundry basket (I had to clean it out first) and ironing fabric for me to put away in the appropriate places. She is not a Naturally Neat person either and we laughed a lot about the challenges of trying to find a place for everything. Being able to work in the comfort of AC and in the presence of good company made the 3 hours fly by.

When our time was over, she volunteered to come back again and work for free. I don't think I'd be comfortable with that, she should be paid for her efforts, but I do think we'll do this again. And DH had such a good time playing with the kids and watching his (deaf) mom interact with her great-grandchildren that he's willing to babysit again too. A win-win situation all round!

Donna D., Hemet, CA

msmeri
07-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Lady - Long time no see. Where ya been? Is it hot enough for ya?

Well I just poped it to report I was down .6 yesterday. I am working on being ok with that. Just doesen't seen fair with all the exercise I do. O-well. my body must be getting used to it. I am adding weights 3 days a week. Got to tone up all this excess skin.

Gotta go back to makin' potatoe salad.

Blessings all.

FrouFrou
07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello ladies...

Again, thank you all for the welcome!

A little about me...married, 3 children, 25, 27 and soon to be 29...man that makes me feel old, lol! Step-Nana to 2 and a new grandbaby on the way in Sept. I have done WW before with success, but then something hits me and I think I need to go on a major binge. That is where I am now. I was down to 181 and doing great and then something hit me. I decided I didn't want to exercise anymore or eat right...just wanted to eat like there was no tomorrow. But...I put a stop to it and while I gained about 10 pounds I am back on track. Moderation is and has always been key for me, and I know my body will not lose the weight if I don't exercise. So here I am...anything you want to ask feel free.

MsMeri...good job on the .6! That is great! :bravo: And yes, I have been here at 3fc for a while...for me coming here every day is key to staying on track. Plus, I love this place! Your salad sounds so yummy!

Itryharder...wow, 4+ pounds, that is awesome! :bravo: Hope you are enjoying your time at the beach!

Ladynredd...sounds like a nice time was had by all!

Bandit2...good job on the 1.5 lbs down! :bravo:

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Sorry for cutting this short, and if I missed anyone...my eyes are watering and itching. Just took some benadryl so hoping that will help a little, of course the bad side is it makes me sleepy, lol.

Eating is good so far for the day. Got up for my morning walk but it was lighteninga and then the rain started not long after I decided not to go after all. Was afraid I would get rained on, so...decided to do an exercise dvd and now I just need to do another later. Right now I am going to go lay down and sleep off the benadryl.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day!

ladynredd
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I went to the pool bright and early to take part in the water aerobics class for the first time. And no one else showed up! :lol: I didn't let it stop me, though, I just enjoyed that empty pool and swam by myself! My exercise session was brightened by sightings of a hummingbird and a hawk.

Meri, I've been traveling. Takes me a while to settle in again after I've been on the road. That's where I'm at today, trying to get back into the routine of drinking that water and tracking my food ...

Donna D., Hemet, CA

msmeri
07-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Well it's a new month...fresh start.

I have been on points for two days in a row. Last week I had about three days at 18 points that's including the 3 deserts I had to boost up my points. Not very good.

But i'm gonna be better.

Went shoppin' so I have lots of veggies.

I have set rules for my 7/4 gathering. No desert, no chips, no alcohol, and I am bringing my own 1pt hot dogs. Looking fwd to the new challenge the month holds.

:nono:

Princess1122
07-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Not much here really, just getting things in line here at the house so that I can leave on sunday to head north and hopefully not worry about not having prepared for being away. Eating has been a challenge this week for me, ugh! Not sure what is going on, I know that bad nerves are coming into play because I am having tummy issues... badly. I normally get them when stress gets high and it is high now with being unemployed and my mom being diagnosed with cancer and DS has to have his wisdom teeth removed, went for the consultation yesterday and when I saw the projected bill my stomach started to hurt right away. I hated to do it but told him that this time he was going to have to help with the portion that is not covered by insurance. He is working mostly full time hours right now so I don't think that I am being unreasonable.

Wow, the gangs all here! Awesome!

Judy: Great job! You are really doing great!

Bandit: Fantastic W/I for you too I see! Congrats!

Christina: When I read your story I thought "boy! did she come to the right place then!"...LOL. We have all done the exact same thing as you did... get to a certain point and BAM! Not sure why we do it but it seems like we all do.

Meri: Sounds like you have a great plan in place for the 4th! We are cooking out here and I have the same hot dogs all ready to go here too! They are really a wonderful thing!

Donna: Great job on exercising even by yourself! Love the hummingbirds! We have feeders here at the house and love to watch them!

Have to run, busy day a head!

Princess

bandit2
07-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Morning turtles

Christina - hope you are feeling better & nice job on getting in a walk.
I know what you mean about the binge thing - I myself do well for a long time
then get off track & do lots of damage in the meantime.

Lady - I love being in the water as well. Good for you for staying by yourself & getting in some exercise and enjoying the birds.

Msmeri - 1 point hot-dogs sound like a real find. Gotta find me some of those for sure. These are the things that really help when socializing. Nice job on preplanning your holiday!

Princess - you sure have lots of stress right now. Just remember, to take care of yourself the best you can at this time.

Judy - how you doing? Where's Chrily - haven't heard from her in awhile.

As for me, my bathroom is looking lovely - they will be finishing up the caulking today & what a difference the new toilet & tiles make. Really nice - so am pleased with that.

Stayed OP all day yesterday & got in my walk of 33 laps (2.5 miles) then had a nice hot-tub then home. At the office, someone brought in mini bags of nachos & chips & I did not have any - sooooooooo tempting, but I thought that would not be good way to start off my weekend. So that was good.

Have a great weekend ladies!

FrouFrou
07-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Good morning ladies...

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. I'll be back a little later to do indies and chat some.

FrouFrou
07-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Donna...nothing like having the pool to yourself, bet that was really nice.

Meri...I gotta find those 1 point dogs as well. I di dget some lite ones but not sure of the points yet. Good job on sticking with your points!

Princess...hugs to you! :hug: It is hard to stay on track when stressed.

Bandit...good job on the 2.5 miles! And good job on passing on the nachos :carrot:

Nothing special going on today, or tomorrow. I mowed the front and back yard this morning and got another workout, so feeling good about that. Food is going good too. I weighed this morning, not my official, was at 189.2...made me happy. Am hoping to be down at least another pound by my official WI Monday morning, we'll see.

Have a HAPPY and SAFE 4th of July, ladies!

Ayla77
07-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Hiya turtles!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Works been busy and that's where I usually do my posting!

Last Saturday I did not get to go to my meeting and WI for the week. But I did make it today and lost 1.8 lbs in the last two weeks - since I was struggling last weekend, I'm very happy with this!

Welcome FrouFrou!!

The 1 pt hot dogs are great! I buy the Ekrich brand.

MsMeri: Great job on your WI this week!!! A loss is a loss!!!!!! Thanks for the post on my website and friending me on sparkpeople. Once I can post links on here, I'll let everyone know my website address.

Judy: awesome job on your WI!!!

Bandit: Great job on your WI also!! and congrats on the new bathroom!

Princess: Don't let the stresses in life take over! Take care of yourself!!

Alright....back to work for me! Talk to ya'll later!

Ayla77
07-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I just found out that I can create my signature and links!

Yay! :carrot:

I hope everyone has a great 4th!!

ladynredd
07-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I spent most of the day sewing, trying to complete the bag I'm giving to Maureen, my new official daughter-in-law-to-be. I had completed one pocket when my venerable Bernina started SQUEAKING. :eek: In all the years I've owned it, it has never squeaked. I tried to continue sewing but feared I might have metal grinding on metal, which is what it sounded like, so I packed it away, to be dropped off next week at a repair shop in Redlands. Ideally I can pick it up late next week on one of our two trips to Loma Linda for DH's cataract surgery.

So my Janome was finally taken out of the box for the first time (purchased in January) and I figured out how to thread it, wind the bobbin, move the needle position, etc. I'm enjoying sewing with it so far, so after its cleaning/repair Bernie may be the one residing in the closet instead of the Janome! (notice no name for the Janome yet.)

Today we celebrate the 4th by going to La Mirada for huge pool party at Maureen's parents house. We will spend the night there and the following day do a "duty" visit to an elderly uncle of mine that I'm not on real good terms with, and to meet and have lunch with a long-time friend of DH's that he originally met on a cruise. We were asked to bring our own meat to grill and two big boxes of strawberries to the party. I'm also making some of my green bean salad so I know there will be something green that I can eat -- I think the offerings are going to be heavy on potato salad and corn on the cob.

Everyone have a safe and happy 4th ... "see" you Monday!

Donna D., Hemet, CA

Princess1122
07-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Morning everyone and a very happy 4th of July to all! It is cloudy here today and the rain is heading this way... not sure what that means for fireworks tonight. Had a small NSV yesterday, DH and I went to a carnival... got a funnel cake each because DH wanted a whole one to himself... I only ate a little more then half of mine... it just was not that good and not worth the points... so I threw the rest away.

I am leaving tomorrow to head north so this will most likely be my last post for a while. Everyone seems to be doing so well right now and are a great inspiration to me... I will miss everyone very much but will log on when I can to try and catch up!

Take care, be well, and keep at it!
Princess

Itryharder
07-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh Turtles,
We're all on a roll! WEigh to go!
I'm back from the beach and it was wonderful. This time I was determined to have a good time and eat well. In the past those two ideas have been mutually exclusive. Sigh.
But this time I pulled it off. Unless the scale goes up tomorrow, I was away for three days and the scale didn't change. Hooray!
Am heading to a fourth of July party with my angelfood/pineapple cake which points out to very little. Have already had my shake and I'm still thinking of bringing two lean burgers with me instead of eating one huge Bubba burger. WE'll see.
In any case, I'm sending lots of :goodvibes: and :carrot: for fun on the fourth and good eating for us all. Each one's success helps the next turtle. Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/204.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

FrouFrou
07-04-2009, 03:11 PM
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!

Ayla...good job on the loss! :carrot: And :yay: to the siggy! I'll have to try the 1 point dogs!

Donna...enjoy your pool party! What kind of bag are you giving your DIL-to be? I myself am a new MIL...my son married last May and they are expecting their first baby! My first grand'baby'...I have 2 step-grandchildren.

Princess...enjoy your trip. Will see ya when ya return! And WTG on the NSV! Funnel cake is a fav of mine too! And like you, here lately I really think about points and if something/anything is worth the points.

Judy...glad you had fun at the beach! And enjoy the party...the angel food cake sounds good. I have yet to try it but have to stuff to make one...maybe later today. Hooray for the scales being nice and hoping tomorrow they are even nicer!

No special plans for us today. The hubby had to work but will be home later. Going to grill some dogs and burgers and will make some potato salad for the fam but I won't be eating it...definitely not worth the points. Will probably just watch fireworks from our driveway or deck...soooooo many neighbors do LOTS and LOTS of fireworks and they are not the little ones.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful, fun and safe holiday! Take care and I will chat with ya on Monday. Monday is my WI by the way. But tomorrow I am going shopping with the son and DIL. She is going to register for the baby and we are going to look at all the cute stuff for baby girls. So...will see ya Monday, my WI day.

bandit2
07-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed your day and made the best choices that were available.

I went and seen my dd new place & it is quite nice and returned her cat to her as well. So, had nice afternoon with her.

The weather was great up here today, got my hedges & front garden bushes all trimmed up so looks nice out there.

I had a few too many treats over the weekend & have to behave since my w/i is on Wednesday. Hopefully any damage that was done will be gone.

Hope you all had a really great time with your familes!

ASH0424
07-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Hello,

I hope I can squeeze in here.
I am starting week 4 on this lovely Monday morning.
So far I have lost 4.7 lbs. and in total I am looking to lose 85.
My husband, son, and I are stationed in Germany via the Army.
and I love traveling.

Hope to get to know you ladies more and share in your journies.

FrouFrou
07-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Morning ladies...

:welcome: ASH! I am new to the group but not to WW. Good job on the 4.7 pounds gone! :bravo:

Bandit...I didn't fare too well over the weekend and today IS WI, yikes! Hoping its not too bad...if I don't show a gain I will be happy. Hoping you have a GREAT WI on Wednesday!

Going to go exercise now...other than that, not a lot going on.

Have a great day!

bandit2
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Morning, turtles:

Ash - a big welcome to you! These ladies are great and I am sure you will find lots of support here. Good luck on your journey.

Christina - heres hoping you do OK at the scales. Sending you "skinny vibes"

Hi to everyone else & hope you are all doing great!

New week everyone, so lets get our butts in gear, our fridges in order & our exercise gear ready to go!!!

Have a great OP day, turtles.

msmeri
07-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Howday hello ladies,

Well all didn't go so good on the 4th. I survived about 3 hours of watching other people eat chips and dip. Then I poped open a soda, and drank it all gone, before I even notice it wasn't diet. Only two points come to find out.(when I got home) So I threw in the towl, and ate chips, with 2 tsp of dip. I did have my one point hot dogs and whole wheat buns. (Hebrew National 97% Fat Free) And after the Firework show I had a piece of cheesecake. But I trached it all and put it into my food journal, Somewhere around 40+ points. I am not going to beat myself up. I didn't go out of control. And it only comes once a year. Wasn't the plan I went in with but still didn't fall back to my old ways.

Ash - I love your cute lil profile picture. I to was a millitary brat.

FrouFrou - Good luck on WI Wednesday. Just avoid the salt between now and then.

Judy - We had angelfood cake with strawberries last night for dinner. It felt like such a treat.

Lady - Do you know of a local place that tunes up sewing machines? I haven't toucher mine in 18 years, and am going to move to a house where I get my own craft room!! So I want to get it up a running, something is wrong with the tension. I want to make doggie outfits.

Ayla - Well girl, Show off your signature allready

Princess - Be safe on your trip. Did the weather clear up so you could have festivities the night of the 4th?

Itryharder
07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
:welcome3: Ash, you'll find we're a supportive and well meaning group. Let us know your best weight loss tips and we'll be glad to tell you ours.

Today had a great start, but then things went out of control and I found myself at the peanut butter jar with a big tablespoon. Now I figure if I write that down, I can regroup and work things out. My dear grandson got sick and I had to pick him up and get him to the doctor and then back to his house so I could get his meds, and it went downhill from there. The little guy got some rest and he's looking a little better but this has not been a fun day.
Good luck to you all. When I can grab a minute, I'll write individuals, but right now I 'm beat!
:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all.
Judy

Itryharder
07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, it's morning and things are looking up. We'll still have dear grandson with us today, but we'll be at home and I can manage food better here.

MsMeri, boy--I can relate to your not eating the way you planned, but sometimes events and plans change and you
eat off program----but no where near what you would have eaten before WW. So :cp: for doing the best you could at the time and not beating yourself up!

Princess, I know you probably can't read this, but I'm wishing you well at your Mom's. God Bless you and her and your family. Hey, isn't it funny when we eat a favorite like funnel cake and then realize that although it's good it really is *not* worth the points? I think a lick and a taste sometimes is all I need and it looks like that's the same with you!

Bandit, my goodness, you've been so busy with fixing up your house and doing the garden work. Is having your bathroom all nice and spiffy making you smile? Good luck with your WI. My weight still looks okay, but the scale could go up tomorrow for what I ate yesterday. That's what seems to happen to me. I've got my fingers crossed for an "escape on the scale" this week. LOL.

Donna, glad you're getting into the pool for exercise. It's such a lovely and healthy way to get moving. :swim:

Christina, you've got such a nice weight loss already. Weigh to go! :goodscale:

Ayla, again--another nice loss! :bravo:

And Asha, another nice loss! :cp: you're clicking!!

My goodness, the Turtles are doing great.

Lauren, how's everything with you? I'm working hard on our 10-week challenge, but have to rein in the side trips I take now and then. LOL.

Okay, gotta start my day, but I'm sending :goodvibes: to all our members--new and old--that we keep on keepin' on and encourage everyone to make good choices.

Judy
234.6/204.2/200 and into onederland :cool:

bandit2
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Morning, turtles:

Sounds like our group is doing great, so happy with that.

Got in my walk last night of 30 laps then quick swim & hot-tub, then home to good dinner of brussel sprouts, parsnips, chicken & rice. No night-time snack, since had dinner late.

Have my w/i tonight & hoping not to be up. I have been OP since Mon a.m. but as we know the weekend before wasn't great. So, if I maintain I will be happy with that.

Judy - good luck at your weigh-in.

Princess - hope your mom is doing well & you are staying positive.

Everyone else have a great OP day!

Itryharder
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good luck on your WI.

I was so lucky today. Every once in a while the scale cooperates. I stayed exactly the same as last week and I feel if I give everything top priority this week I can break into 30# for the next WI. I am so close!!!!

Gotta run and pick up dear grandson, but wanted to say hi.
Judy
234.6/204.2/204 makes me 30# down on WW's scale and that mucy closer to onederland! :cool:

bandit2
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Judy - nice job on maintaining!

FrouFrou
07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Hello chickies :wave:

Sorry for being MIA and short on time. I've had my g-daughter here since Monday evening and I am pooped! Taking her home later and staying for a tupperware party...should be fun. I haven't been to one in ages! I will be back tomorrow to play catch up...have a wonderful day!

Itryharder
07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Christina, I understand the grandchild fatigue! I'm in the middle of one now since my dh and I are watching our grandson.

Hey Turtles,
I received a message from Susan Princess and she asked me to relay it to you:

My mom came through the surgery well and is now recuperating which is a rocky road right now, just taking it day to day. I have been really watching what I eat and drinking lots of water. I take walks twice a day which is about a mile each time, it is helping me manage my stress level which is high right now.
How are you doing?
Take care and talk soon!
Susan (Princess)

Susan, thanks for chiming in. You're doing great with all the stress you have. God Bless you and your Mom.

All goes well here. Our little Turtle Group has grown into a most wonderful group of like minded gals on our journey!
:goodvibes: to us all.
Judy

Lin S
07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
You all absolutely amaze me. According to the site calendar it's been 4 1/2 years since I logged in here. And you're still here. That's so wonderful! Love the "Bale of Turtles" moniker. Who came up with it? It's great! And, if you all don't mind, I think I'd like to come back, since I'm starting Weight Watchers again and could use the support. Talk with you again soon. :hug: to all of you!!

Lin

ladynredd
07-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Glad to see everyone is doing so well, handling life's stresses in a positive way. I reverted back to some old eating habits yesterday but I'm not beating myself up too much over it -- at least I don't eat like that every day any more.

Today is DH's cataract surgery. I'm confident it will go well and will result in a huge improvement in his vision -- right now one eye is near-sighted and the other is far-sighted! We have to leave the house at 5 a.m. in order to be at the VA at 6:00. I have my little "Do Not Disturb" wall hanging to work on so my hands will be kept busy.

The electrician came yesterday and accomplished 3 out of 4 jobs we had planned -- the wiring for the air conditioner has yet to be done, but the pantry now has a light, my iron has a dedicated plug, and, best of all, the track lighting has been installed in my sewing room. The improvement in light is amazing -- I can now flip a switch and it's like daylight, even at night. Yippee! LET THERE BE LIGHT! And I already have half a dozen Freecycle replies for my old lamps, which will make some additional floor space.

All from me for now. I'll check in Friday after his post-op checkup.

Donna D., Hemet, CA

Itryharder
07-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Turtles,
Oh Lin, :welcome3: I almost cried when I saw you had posted. I am so grateful you found us here still posting away. Yay! Come on in for the support that you gave all of us a few years back. I feel I've learned so much about weight reduction and emotional eating by staying with this group. as a matter of fact, I finally figured out an eating plan that helps me do better than maintain at over 200# and I'm hoping to break into onederland by the end of the summer. :cheer:
As far as "Bale of Turtles" I have a feeling it was Ariana who suggested that. If anyone else remembers, please correct me. Lauren is still here as well and you'll be so pleased to see what she's doing.

On a personal note, I'm trying to make time for writing and I remember you were involved in a writing group that writes each day in November. Could you please post the name of that group so I can be prepared to join in? Thanks.
Donna, :goodvibes: to you and your dh with his eye procedures. I think that is scary, but I've had so many friends who have had this done and they are sooooooo much better off. So, you're both in my prayers. Hey, isn't it something when we do so much better when facing stressful situations and remember how we would have oveaten in the past? I'm so proud of you. weigh to go. :cheer:

I've had a good day following a decent WI and I'm ready to lose some more weight this week. Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/204.2/204 puts me in WW's books as 30# down and that much closer to onederland!! :cool:

bandit2
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Morning, turtles:

Lin - welcome, back!!

Judy - thanks for the update from Princess, glad she is doing OK

Donna - hope your husbands surgery goes smooth.

I was down .5# at my weigh in last night - so was happy not to be up.
Makes 1.5# for the 10 week challenge. Got to get motoring with that.

Next weekend I am going to Darien Lake - never been, so that should be fun.
Challenge will be the food for a whole weekend away from home & at at campsite with 11 other people. But, looking forward to it!

Hope everyone else is doing great the whatever programme they are doing.

Princess1122
07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi All!

Wow this group has grown and I have only been gone a few days! LOL. I had a minute and was able to borrow a PC so wanted to see what everyone was up to. I needed to find a WW so that I can at least stop by quick on Saturday morning to W/I but will not be able to catch a meeting.

Last night was a bad night with my mom, very bad actually, but today is better.

Take care all and welcome to all of the new folks and hello to those that are returning.
Princess

msmeri
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
well no big suprize...I went up .6 yesterday

"Failure is the only opportunity to begin
again more intelligently."

Bandit - I think I totally forgot, about the 10 week challenge.

Judy - Get to that writin' girl.

Donna - Will be praying for your DH. What branch of the service was he in? My Dad was in the Air Force for over 30 years. When he joined there was no Air Force, it was the Army Air Core, they wore "pinks & greens"

Lin - Don't we always come back to what we love?

FrouFrou - How was the Tupperware party? Many years ago I used to sell Tupperware, was pretty successful at it too.

:cool:

bandit2
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Msmeri - too bad about your gain, but get back on track & next week will be awesome again.

I just finished my lunch & had a big salad & I bought a bag of roasted peas and added some to salad & boy, were they ever good. Never had those before, definately a keeper.

On one of the other threads I was reading, the ladies are doing a "Pantry Challenge" and after reading some of their posts thought that would be good for us. Basically, what they do is only shop for fresh things they need & use up things from pantry & freezer. They have all saved tons of $$ & I think we can to. Such a good idea.

Last night I was going to shop & buy a bbq chicken but instead went home & finished off sole I had in freezer - I less box in there now.

Anyway, ladies have a great day!

Itryharder
07-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Bandit, weigh to go, girl! :goodscale: Hey, I love the idea of using up what we have in freezer and pantry. Great way to shake up some menus and save some $$$$$. Thanks for the good idea. Bandit, could you do us all a favor and mention on a Monday which week we are in in our 10-week challenge. My short term memory is no where near where it should be and I would love to post my weight changes. I've got company tonight and then Saturday we're having another mystery party "located" in London, circa WWII. It's going to be so much fun, but I'll have to juggle my meals for each event and make sure the nibbles don't turn into meals. Ugh.

Donna, I'm sorry you're up this week, but it's a tiny bit up and you know how to knock those numbers on a scale down better than anyone I've ever seen. :goodscale: next WI.

Princess, I'm so glad you chimed in. I'm praying big time for you and your Mom. God Bless you both. :grouphug:
and :love:

Judy
234.6/204.2/204 into 30# down and closer to onederland :cool:

Lin S
07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Judy, you asked about the November writing challenge. It's NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month. Their web site is NaNoWriMo.org. They open for registration October 1, but their servers always crash due to overload on that day. Wait a week or so before registering. And :goodluck:!!

It's funny that you're doing a pantry challenge. I'd planned to cook as much as possible from food I already have in the house this week. So, I'm in with that one. :D

My weigh-in day is Friday and I'm starting this stint at 242.0. I've actually lost 5 pounds over the last 6 weeks or so by doing nothing. That sounds ominous, but my husband finally, after two years, got a real job with benefits. So, he's taking our car to his job, which is a half hour commute, so I can't drive him and keep the car. I'm using public transportation to get to my job, which has added 8-10 hours a week of walking to my schedule.

That's one reason I decided this would be a good time to start a plan to lose weight. I know from when Paul and I were walking the track in Campbell that I can lose about 25-30 pounds just by increasing my exercise level. But then it stops. I want to keep it going this time. My walking pretty much takes care of exercise, so I just need to focus on the food plan. My main problem is still portion control because I eat a very healthy diet--all those fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. that you're supposed to eat.

Thanks so much for the welcome back. I'm off to figure out how to put a cool weight tracker thing in my signature. :)

msmeri
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Lin - What part of this great state do you call home? Donna and I both live in Riverside County, just about an hour from San Diego. We are less then 10 miles from each other, still working on meeting one of these days. But anyway, I grew up in Modesto, and all over the Stanislaus County.

Chat with ya later people

Be good this weekend

:nono:

Itryharder
07-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Turtles,
Msmeri, between Donna, Lin, and you, you could have a mini convention of Turtles!

Lin, thanks so much for the info about NaNoWriMo. I appreciate it. I had gotten a nice start with a writing workshop. It met three sessions and then unfortunately the leader got quite sick and had to cancel until further notice.
Your weight sounds really good. :bravo: and :cp: for getting in more exercise, regardless of the reason. And boy do I hear you about eating healthy food--we both like bigger quantities than will allow us to lose weight. So, :carrot: and :dancer: to you for lots of :goodvibes: from all of us in the phase of your weight loss journey. Great seeing you here again.

As far as me, last night we had so much fun with our company and I kept the food within reason--especially since I was cooking. After they left I hit the cheese and crackers, but I compensated this morning and I've had a great day. Tomorrow is our Mystery party/dinner and I've got to think it through clearly since the dinner is pretty fattening--WWII London with London Fog Split Pea Soup and London House Beef Stew. I know I'm making and eating a huge salad and I think I can portion control to make it all work out.

I'm sending :goodvibes: to all the Turtles. take care of yourselves, drink your water, if you're in the ten week challenge--keep on keepin' on and let's all have a nice weekend. :swim:

Judy
234.6/204.2/204 and according to WW's I'll be 30# down!

msmeri
07-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Our Favorite Cousins are coming up from LA today. They are big people, so I am afraid I will eat to much. As it is I do plan on eating 1/2 cup of my homemade potato salad, the book says it's 7 points.:devil:

bandit2
07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - for the 10 week challenge at Tops, our weight on June 24th was our startpoint, so since then we had 2 w/i's, this Wed will be our 3rd. Basically, the challenge is to drop 10# over the summer and be down that amount by our weigh in beginning of September. Hope this helps.

I went up to trailer Fri afternoon & my cousin & her husband came up & stayed the evening. They brought steaks to bbq & instead of picking up veggies from the store I brought up what I had in my crisper and roasted the veggies together with some oil & turned out really good. Big bowl of assorted roasted veggies - so used up what I had on hand.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

msmeri
07-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Bandit - Thnx I didn't know what week we were in either I'll write it down this time!

Yesterday's report - went over points by lunch time, (3:00)
had a beer 1 point
had potatoe salad 7 points,
chicken 4 points,
carrot cake 8 points
but the big mistake was the tortilla chips @ 6 points!

I was over by 9 total but I can live with my choices if you take away the chips I am only 3 points over.

So to punish my self I did not eat dinner. But at 9:00 I had another beer, why not they are only 1 point and of course I had to add rice cakes to it, that I did not count for a serving ,I know I ate more then 12 for sure.

just call me distruckt-o

:dizzy:

Itryharder
07-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, what a great idea to roast up all those veggies. Yummo--steak at your vacation spot sounds good and especially when you have company. :chef: Thanks for our starting date of the 10 week challenge. I really want to be 10# down by Labor Day and I think I can pull this off.

MsMeri, in WW's we have the extra 35points that are made for the occasion you found yourself in on Saturday. Do you ever use them? You're doing great with your weight loss. It is unsettling to have carrot cake and potato salad eat up so many points.
Okay Guys---gotta run. The mystery party was a hoot. My dh decorated and we set the dining room up like a mess hall with camouflage paper goods. I watched the portions of what I ate, but today is a little hard getting back into the swing of things. Also my dd has invited us over for a British treat (we're fans of the comedies on TV) and I've got to figure out how to fit that in as well.

Okay--everybody do well and :goodvibes: for us all to keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/204.2/204 and into 30# down and then onederland

msmeri
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
* Lentils are small, but they pack a huge nutritional punch: They’re among the best plant sources of iron; a very good source of filling, cholesterol-lowering fiber; and a good source of protein. They also offer good to excellent amounts of two B-vitamins and six key minerals.

* Prices range from under a dollar up to $10 a pound, with brown being the least expensive and French green costing the most.

* One pound dried yields from five to seven cups of cooked lentils, so even the pricier varieties are still a bargain.

* A full pound of dried lentils has only 30 POINTS® values and yields 10-14 1/2-cup servings, so the cost per POINTS value ranges from just pennies to $.33 — a price that’s hard to beat for such enormous nutritional benefits. (A 1/2-cup serving of cooked lentils is just 2 POINTS.)

Though lentils come in a rainbow of colors, the easiest to find are brown (sometimes labeled green — they’re khaki colored, really), French green (also known as Lentils du Puy, they’re the most elegant — and the most expensive), red (more of a salmon shade, they turn golden when cooked), and black (sometimes called Beluga, since they resemble caviar).
When buying lentils, make sure they’re a uniform color, firm, smooth, and dry.

If you’re buying in bulk — often the cheapest option — make sure the lids are covered and that the store has a bustling turnover. Lentils don’t go bad, but older ones take longer to cook. For this reason, don’t mix newly purchased lentils with those you already have — their cooking times may be different.
Store dried lentils in a cool, dry place. Like age, exposure to heat and humidity makes them harder to cook. Keep cooked lentils in the refrigerator for up to five days.

* Before you start cooking, spread the lentils out on a light-color surface and remove any pebbles, debris, or damaged lentils. Put into a colander and rinse under cold water

* Unlike most dried beans, lentils require no pre-soaking, and they cook quickly — if you put on a pot when you come home from work, dinner should be ready in under an hour. Cooking time will depend on your planned use, as well as the age of the lentils themselves — for most varieties, it could be as little as 20 minutes. To use in salads, where you’ll want them to retain their shape, start testing at the 18-minute mark and drain as soon as they’re tender — they’ll turn to mush if left in the hot liquid. For soups and stews, cook them 10 minutes longer, and for purees longer still. Red lentils, which have been hulled, are a faster-cooking variety; they’re done in as little as 6 to 12 minutes. Don’t expect to use them in salads, though: Red lentils turn creamy quickly, and are best reserved for purees and soups.

* Because acid slows lentils’ absorption of liquid, add tomatoes, wine, and other acidic ingredients towards the end of cooking time, or simply plan for cooking to take longer.

WeightWatchers.com Recipes:

* Red Lentil Soup
* Lentil Salad with Fresh Mint and Goat Cheese
* French Green Lentils
* Slow Cooker Lentil Soup

Princess1122
07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone!

Things are going well here, my mom came home from the hospital on Saturday and everything is going great. I did manage to get to WW on Saturday morning before I went to the hospital and I was down 2.2 at W/I. I was happy about that and am still going strong.

I don't have time to catch up with everyone as I don't have much time and need to get back to my mom.

Take care and be well.
Princess

msmeri
07-13-2009, 08:34 AM
There she goes down down down, like the incredible shrinking woman. even while she is not at home in her normal routine, with added stress and worry.

It can be don girls~

Princess is the proow

:bravo:

Itryharder
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Tutles,
Bandit, thanks for the starting point for the summer challenge. :goodscale:
MsMeri, thanks for the lentil information. :chef:
Princess, wonderful news that your mom is doing well and coming home from the hospital. :cheers: Also I applaud you for losing weight under such tough circumstances. You're doing great!

I've got two days before my WI so I hope I'm showing a salt/water gain and it'll be gone by Wed.
Everybody keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/204.2/204 and down 30# soon! :cool:

bandit2
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi turtles:

Princess - glad you had good news about your mom & congrats on a fabulous weight loss! Good for you!

Judy - good luck on Wed at your weighin. My scales also show I am up abit after the weekend. I have to behave as well.

Msmeri - thanks for the lentil info. I have a few different coloured bags of those that I bought & have never used. No excuse now & would be great for the "pantry challenge" to use some up & have a new recipe.

Everyone else - hope you are all having success on your journey.

Monday, Monday - new week, new start!

Lin S
07-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi!

Judy--I used to do Mystery Party dinners. They are so fun. The rules in the ones I used to get said you weren't allowed to lie. But I was the murderer one time and my packet said I could lie. So I did and my friends all fell for it. It was great to fool them, even though they eventually figured it out. I have very smart friends!!

Ms. Meri--I live in north San Jose, near Milpitas. On another topic, I was amused that I was reading your post about lentils while eating a lentil soup for lunch. The recipe is called Garlicky Lentil Soup. I have this great soup cookbook I picked up from the bargain table for about $5. It's called The Ultimate Soup Bible and has about 400 soup recipes. So far, I haven't made any I wouldn't make again.

Princess--Here are some :hug: :hug: :hug: . I came in the middle of whatever has gone wrong with your mother, but I'm glad to see she's come home and is doing well. Way to go with the weight loss through this crisis. It's tough to stay on track when you're super stressed.

I'm doing fine this week. Staying on track. My goals for the week are to eat the right number of points and track my activity and points. I got the WW pedometer, but I think I didn't have it in the right place when I first put it on. I didn't seem to track all of my walk to the train. It's about the same distance from the train to my office, but it tracked it as about 1/4 of the steps/diistance. It's going to take a while to get used to how to use the thing. When I walk home from the train, I can see how much it records and add the difference to the morning walk to get an accurate number.

Keep on turtlin'.

LaurenH
07-13-2009, 11:09 PM
LIN!! Welcome back! :carrot::carrot: Funny, I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were. A while back I tried to find you on Facebook, ended up having a nice online conversation with a woman with your name who wasn't you. So glad to see you again, and to hear that good news about DH's job.

And JUDY -- look how close you are to onederland!!!! Wow! Somebody lit a fire under you! That is SO exciting!!

Princess, {{HUGS}}.

Hello to everyone else; I'm looking forward to catching up with you all.

Well! I'm gone for a little while, and this group just takes off! I should leave more often. :dizzy: I'm still trudging along, working now on chipping off the vacation pounds. Got another 1.5 to go.

This past weekend I went to our local art fair two days in a row, and I ended up logging a total of 11 miles on my pedometer! Also did some gardening. So I'm pretty sore today, but it was all fun. This week I'll hit the mother of all art fairs -- the Ann Arbor one. It's actually four art fairs, all in downtown Ann Arbor. A real cut above the usual thing. And for once it's not supposed to be in the high 90s. Seems like very year, the weather during this art fair is brutal, so this is a welcome change.

This weekend we're heading to Indiana for an "Amish Luau" -- basically a big pool party with friends from Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. We get together a couple of times a year; they're a great group. DH will get in his antiques fix en route there and back.

Must head for bed. I'm loving these cool evenings, sunny and dry days. Summer doesn't get better than this. Have a great day, everyone.

Onward and downward,

Lauren

msmeri
07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Well still babysitting for a friend, I was worried I forgot how. But I brought super hero tatoos, So I am miss cool.;)

Lin - I am going to San Jose the first week in August. For a convention. We are staying at the Saint Clair. The internet says (multiple sites) it's haunted. So I am a little "scared". I don't really believe in that stuff, But I have my church praying for us. Google maps says it's going to be a 6 hour drive. Everybody else is flying South West super cheep, but DH won't fly.:o

Didn't exercise this morning, first time in 6 months, feel guilty but I just wanted to sleep, maybe it it is not to hot I'll go on my bike when I get home around 4:00:mad:

Lin S
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Lauren: It's sooo good to see you again, metaphorically speaking! :carrot: :carrot: Love the dancing carrots! WOW!! You're doing great with your weight loss. It's twinsie time again, sort of. Your restart weight is a mere half pound away from mine.

I'm not on Facebook, yet. But I'm being dragged kicking and screaming to sign up. The "kicking and screaming part" is that I fear it could so easily become a total time sink for an extrovert like me. I could resist my choir buddy and my son, but not my boss. So, that's happening probably sometime this week. I'll look for you and say howdy!

Ms. Meri--I'd never heard the St. Claire was haunted and I grew up here. It's a lovely hotel. You'll enjoy your stay there. I work downtown. If you have a bit of free time, maybe we could meet for coffee sometime during that week.

So far, I'm still doing fine with my goals for the week. Not too surprising, since it's my first week. Like most people, I'm super diligent at the beginning. My current quest is for a good pedometer. I'm researching the kind that are combined with a watch. I have the WW one, but it keeps falling off and wearing it on my hip is not very comfortable at my current weight. So, if I can find a watch that has an accurate pedometer function and doesn't cost a small fortune, I'll get that.

Happy turtlin'. :balloons:

LaurenH
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Lin, I'm loving my Omron pedometer. I keep it in my front pocket. Setup wasn't hard, and it seems very accurate. I can connect it to my computer (USB version) and track my walking over time through charts and things. It's fun. I figure anything that can get me to move more is worth it!

I noticed that about our re-start weights being the same -- so funny! It has taken me about 15.5 months to get this far. I figure it could take another year or so to get these last 32 or so off; I'm losing much more slowly now. The life of a turtle!

Meri, love the tattoo idea for babysitting -- smart!

Itryharder
07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh Turtles, I am so happy to belong to this terrific group.

Lin, you're doing great!! Keep up the good work and I hope you find a pedometer that is :cool: since so many people swear by them.

MsMeri, yesterday was the first day you haven't exercised in six months. Holy Moly===you're my hero! Weigh to go on the :strong: or :tread: work.

Lin and Lauren, isn't it something how your restarting weights are almost identical? I see a big picture here where we can make the changes in our lives in our own time and accomplish great things. I am so pleased to have you both under the Turtle tent here with all the Turtles.

Bandit, you go girl! Here's to a good :goodscale:.

I'm afraid I just sabotaged myself. Did very good eating while away, but dh and I have a habit of getting pizza delivered once we're home from a mini get away. A nice habit, but it's time to change it. In any case, I succumbed and although the points are fine, the salt won't be for tomorrow's WI. Oh well, wish me luck.

I'm going to start a new thread since we've quickly gotten so long.
Judy

msmeri
07-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey Girls,

Today is Weigh in day. Went over points yesterday, not because I had dinner at Subway (I picked Jerad low fat one) But I had some peanut butter with a sliced up apple, and the peanut butter turned out to be 10 points -yikes~

Judy - I don't exercise on Sundays. So I guess it not a real 6 months.

Lauren - Wow! A pedometer that plugs into the USB I didn't know about them. And I didn't know you could put it in your pocket. I have had trouble with the 3 I have owned but they were cheep. 1 was from Mc Donalds and 1 was a free give away form Kaiser. the directions said the fatter you were you had to wear it more toward the front of your waist line. Do you think if I get one like you it would work on my 4 mile bike rides?

Lin - If you Google is the Sainte Clair Haunted you will get about 5 sites.http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/388898/haunted_sainte_claire_hotel_in_san.html?cat=37

Got a birthday present from Amazon.com the other day

Master your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels
The Dieters prayer book (daily prayers)
Leslie Sansone 2 mile DVD
Chicken Soup of the Soul (dog lovers)

and more are coming in another shipment

Princess1122
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi all and happy Wendesday to you all. I am chugging along here and hope to be heading back home by this weekend. My SIL is due back in town by then and my mom is really progressing so it should be safe to head home. My walking has slowed down since my mom has been at home... it is not as easy to go out for a walk as it was when she was in the hospital but she is up and around now so I am trying to take a few short ones each day. TOM showed up, UGH, so next W/I will not be good if history has anything to say about it but I still need to fit into that dress in September so I need to keep at it.

Take care all!
Princess

Itryharder
07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys,
We're getting long, so I'll see you all over at #219 Bale of Turtles Reunited and Going Strong.
Judy