Weight Loss Support - Only lost 0.6 lb in five weeks... *grumbles*

teawithsunshine
06-29-2009, 10:30 PM
After five dang weeks, I finally "officially" lose 0.6 of a pound this Monday morning.... from 170.8 to 170.2 lbs.

Can anyone say "AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I'm happy that I finally did lose SOME weight... I was hoping it'd be at least a full pound so I could cross into the 160s milestone.

I'm gonna be immature for a moment and *pfbbbbbbbbbbbt* (blowing raspberries) to my scale!!!

I know, I know... buck up and be mature about it... oy.

One of those weeks, sigh.

~ tea

Madison
06-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Yup, suck it up and keep going! lol

In all seriousness though . . . it IS frustrating for weeks on end to pass with no significant movement I know that. Do you log your measurements - has there been any change on that front?

Maybe your body is doing a catch up? I just saw how much you have lost to date! Hoooly doooooly whoa yeah!!!!!!!!

kiramira
06-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Now is the time for guts and guile -- Elizabeth Taylor

Be shrewd about your diet, and be strong in your perseverance. You WILL get there...

"Couragio..."

:hug:

Kira

CountingDown
06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
:hug: ANY loss is GOOD in my book!
Congratulations!

160s are coming your way, very - VERY soon!

Madison
06-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Something else I think about when I am not seeing movements on the scale is that each week or day that it happens is another day or week when I am "confirming" all past losses . . . knowing that they are gone!!

luvja
06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
It will happen, just be patient! :) (easier said then done, I know!)

rockinrobin
06-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Just setting you up for a nice big loss this coming month. You'll see. Stick with it and I betcha there's a big "woosh" coming your way. Those 160's are yours. You're gonna just fall right through them.

teresab
06-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Just setting you up for a nice big loss this coming month. You'll see. Stick with it and I betcha there's a big "woosh" coming your way. Those 160's are yours. You're gonna just fall right through them.

Yep!!! :)

Lori Bell
06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm in the same boat as you are with no loss for June, (but I have had a few indiscretions, so mine has not been an honest to goodness plateau, but possibly sugar Sunday induced.) Though after averaging my calories even with the few not so good days, I have still been well within the "losing range" IMO.

Anyway, I was looking back at my food/weight loss journal that I have kept for the last 16 months and I noticed something very strange. Last March is when I started counting calories and for the month of March I had a great loss, then April was killer, and May was super....but then June rolled around and I had a very low weight loss in the scheme of things. Once July hit another great weight loss month, August was good too...etc.. I also have pretty bad seasonal allergies and I noticed in my gardening journal that last June and this June the pollen counts have been unusually high around here. IDK, and I am certainly no scientist, but I just have to wonder if my histamine levels (and the fact that I can't breath well in June) have anything to do with it. So how is your pollen? LOL :)

Wannabeskinny
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Can a plateau last this long??? I'm in my 2nd week of a plateau and I'm terrified of the thought that it will last - I'm terrified that it will make me lose my motivation altogether.

What the heck is a plateau anyway?? Is there a biological purpose for it?

thinpossible
06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Hang in there! I KNOW you can be more tenacious than your fat cells! Dig in and sooner or later they'll give it up!

JulieJ08
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Can a plateau last this long??? I'm in my 2nd week of a plateau and I'm terrified of the thought that it will last - I'm terrified that it will make me lose my motivation altogether.

What the heck is a plateau anyway?? Is there a biological purpose for it?

I had a couple of about 3 weeks each - both resolved on their own with no intervention.

CandieRae
06-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I know how disheartening it can be to work so hard for weeks and see no loss. Just keep your head up girly! We all gotta hit a wall sometime, you just gotta tell yourself you're gonna push through it. Try not to look at today, but to look ahead to the future to a few months ahead when you will actually be where you want to be if you just keep it up!