Old 06-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Red Rockets - Week 6 Chat

I almost forgot to start the new thread.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mack and I hiked down to Deep Creek again on Friday and Saturday we went to Big Bear Lake.

The scales are moving again for me thanks to TOM and getting back on my regular schedule.

Anyone want to come up with a challenge for this week? Feel free to post one.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone. Used my last freebie this week. Yikes! I've got to get myself in gear.

I'll be out of town the rest of the week. Hopefully do a lot of walking on the beach and swimming! Hope everyone has a good 4th.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  

HI All,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. It's finally cooled off a bit and the humidity dropped so it's pretty nice. I went out and tried to hoe in the garden this morning, but the ground is so hard. It dried out and is like a rock, but the plants are doing great. I had some fresh peas the other night, they were good. Peas aren't my favorite vege, but I do like shelling them, it is relaxing. Hopefully will have green beans by the end of the week or soon after. I have little green tomatos, and my cukes are blooming. The squash is growing nicely and it looks like the eggplants are about to bloom. I'll have lots of fresh veges soon. I've been eating lots of watermelon lately, it tastes so sweet and cold, yummy. I'll have to get one tomorrow.

Mikayla: Good job on losing 2 lbs, that's a good week.

RangerChic: I love taking pictures of my flowers, right now I only have oriental lilies blooming, but soon the day lilies will start and they are beautiful and last for most of the summer.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Bette K
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #4  

Well my *personal* challenge for this week will be to get rid of the 0.8 lbs the weight fairy blessed me with this week! I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm thinking some real possibilities include eating foods with too much sodium, not drinking enough water, and I forgot to take my Armour for my thyroid a couple days in a row so maybe my body is reacting to that. Anyway, those are the first three areas I'm going to address. I don't care that it's less than a pound....IT MUST BE STOPPED!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #5  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hi all~
Sorry I've not been around. Been looking for a part time job and had interviews this week and got one yesterday My boys come back from Texas this evening so I'm very happy!! Took a freebie this week cause I spaced and didn't post my weight I really will do better on getting here and posting. Later I'm going to plan all my workouts for the month of July, and recommit myself to myself. Things here are rocky and last night I told myself I just need to start taking care of me, getting strong physically and mentally. And that's what I'm going to do. Well I gotta go meet my new boss for some paperwork. I'll check in later this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #6  
Eat Less Move More

Congratulations to our biggest loser lizzyg!!!

Once again our collegemom and mommyofsix are the runners up.

GREAT JOB LADIES!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

We are down to 27 members and of those eight (8) have already used their two (2) freebies. I just wanted to remind everyone that WI must be posted by 11:59pm (EST) on Monday. I do stats first thing Tuesday morning and if you have not posted a WI I have to use one of your freebies. After the third freebie you are dropped from the challenge.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I had to use my first freebie this week. TOM is appraoching and it has blessed me with like 4 extra pounds. I hate these fluctuations. Hopefully it will start to come off before next weeks weigh-in. I am still eating right, although I still have no fridge, and keeping up with my workouts.

Congrats Red team. You all rock!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Tuesday to you all. I just wanted to say that I am so proud of everyone for sticking with the challenge and continuing to loose. summer can be a rough time to lose weight. Everyone being so busy it is easy to grab that quick junk food just out of conveince. I am trying to stayaway from those simple options and If I must eat out I am eating green salads with proteins. I am also preparing foods in large quantities so I can have them available always.

I also realize the 4th of july is Saturday and that usually means cook outs/BBQ's and plenty of temptation. So this week, well today and the next 3 days I am going to stay on plan, drink at least 64 oz of water a day and increase my exercise by 10 minutes a day. At the holiday celebration I am going to stay away from processed foods, carbonated beverages, breads and sugars. So if I eat chickenor whatever protein I will not combine that with a bread and If I have to have something sweet I will stick with fruit or if I must indulge low fat frozen yogurt.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all. Sorry I haven't been very chatty. I went to Orlando last week for vacation, and still managed to stay on plan.

I hope everyone is staying on plan and working out

Last edited by Robot; 06-30-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

wow! I wasnt expecting to be the BL for the week!

I'm doing pretty good this week - trying to keep count of my calories, and trying to get them under 2000 - its been hard though.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #12  
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
wow! I wasnt expecting to be the BL for the week!
lol...really??? Anything over 3 lbs will usually put you in the top three.... 6+ pounds is off the charts!!! Congrats.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

thanks! I was also surprised that I lost that much!

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Congrats to the Biggest Losers! Keep up the good work.

Been a crazy, long day. Had a dentist appointment and ended up being there for three hours. No fun. Then, I worked tonight. Decided to take the day off from working out so must get a good night's sleep so I can get my butt moving tomorrow morning!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to this weeks biggest losers!

Trying to pack & get ready to head to MT for a little R&R for Canada Day & 4th of July.
May have to use a freebie on Monday as I'm not sure if I will be near a scale or internet access.

I was getting into a semblance of a routine, but now it will be disrupted...but hope I'll be able to jump right back in next week.