Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #1  

Default Cambridge diet

Since a week I´ve been on hte Cambridge diet. It´s a VLCD. I take 3 sachets per day. It took me 6 days before I got into ketos and started to feel abit normal again. I haven´t had any headache but been hungry.

today for the first time I had something to eat. I had a buisness lunch so I needed to eat. I had sashimi with kachimi. It was really nice and worked well. I was full almost the whole day after that. Then I have had 2 sachets.

My goal is far ahead but the first step is to get into some summer dresses for a trip in 5 weeks. I´m going to try and use the sashets as much as possible but to eat some food now and then. Then I´m giong to eat protein and veggies.

I can already feel a difference.
Olivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #2  

I don´t know if this is where this thread should be in the forum.

I´m now on my second day on the second week and it works fine. I´m abit hungry right now but I´m soon going to have my third and last sachet for the day. After that I´m off to play tennis with a friend.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #3  

Back from my tennis class, it was excellent and Im so excited. The only problem is that the place was filled with musquitos so now I´m itching like ****
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #4  

Ran 6 k this morning and then weights at the gym this evening. Been abit of a hard day. Think the running makes the apetit go up. I had such cravings when I drove by a fast food place. I wanted everything in there, such carb need. I dont even like there food normally. Now it is abit better. Just need to survive the evening and night

At least I´m not so hungry during nights anymore which means I sleep better.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

I did the cambridge diet a few years back, and ended up sitting in front of a bowl of that soup and crying, i was so depressed.

Honestly for the cost of it its just awful, 2 weeks in I had lost a good amount of weight but GAINED it back within 3 weeks of finishing the diet

OH well GL with your go at it
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Hi There,

I have been on a VLCD for the last 4 months (seeing doctor every 2 weeks).
I have found it really great, as I just need to see larger numbers on the scales to keep motivated.

I am due to come out of Ketosis next week for a couple of weeks, before going back in again for a couple of months to get to a healthy BMI.

My only advice would be to make sure that every day you eat lean protein and green veg in lieu of some of the sachets, firstly its phsically healthier for so many reasons, but secondly from a psychological point of view, I think it is good to commence a habit of eating lots of veg on a daily basis, and also getting in to the habit of eating meals which exclude empty carbs. In the long term I think this just might be one of the big solutions to keeping the weight off, ie not every meal has to include pasta, potatoes or rice.

(I'm not saying carbs are off limits for ever or anything, but I think for me, I need to re-structure my life so that most of my main meals aren't centred around them.

Good luck with the cambridge version!
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I actually have some meal packs available here (3 weeks) if anyone wants to purchase them?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote