Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Board Shorts?

I broke down and bought a swim suit at Penney's the other day. The top is fine, it's a tankini kind of top. I have some excess skin, but it doesn't look too bad. The bottom is a different story. I bought the best skirted bottom I could find, but my legs are so saggy I don't know if I can bring myself to wear it. I've never had great legs, always lots of cellulite, but now the excess skin is bad. I've never tried board shorts, but I've been looking at some online. Anyone have any experience in this? I'm in a size 8-10, so even losing more weight won't help. Surgery is the only option to totally fix, but I'm not able to spend that kind of money. I am wondering how low the typical board short sits on the hips. I have lower stomach issues as well. Yikes! Swim suits are from the Devil!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/197/130

Height: 5'2"

If you want longer board shorts have you tried the men's department?
Two of my girlfriends buy their board shorts in that department and one for the exact same reason as you. She lost a bunch of weight and now has excess skin. She said she gets hers at Old Navy but I am sure you could get them anywhere!

Good luck! Swimsuits can be a nightmare!

Last edited by LitMiss; 06-29-2009 at 07:11 PM.
LitMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #3  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i live in board shorts in the summer! i've been wearing mens board shorts with my suits since i was about 12. i LOVE them. depending on the brand, they all fit differently. you can get longer ones for females at surf shops and such, but they're always expensive. i stay away from the ones with the elastic waists because I find they ride up when I swim and can easily be pulled off by menacing little cousins. i've gotten my favorite ones from target, but tons of stores have them. i suggest bringing your suit top so you can get a pair that matches and looks like they go together. let me know how it goes!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #4  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I've never thought of getting men's shorts.
That's a good idea. I wonder if they'd fit my hips though?? hmmmmm...

My women's shorts sit right at the top of my hip bones, below my navel and have maybe a 2" inseam, so they don't go down very far on the thighs.
I wear a tankini top with them so that my whole midrif (sp?) is covered.
I'm liking the idea of men's shorts. I might even wear a bikini top with those-???
Thanks for the idea

Last edited by ddc; 06-30-2009 at 11:31 AM.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Ok, question about men's shorts.
They come with a built in mesh brief inside.
Is that "enough" for women or would you wear a bikini bottom also?
I wear an old bikini bottom under my women's board shorts as "underwear".
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

That is a great idea to check the mens department. I didn't think of that. I'm glad to hear that it works for others. I am curious about the mesh liners, too. I think some of them might come without it. I've bought many pairs for my sons and husband, and it seems like I've seen them without the liner. Or maybe it could be cut out. I like the idea of the bikini bottom under it. Funny I never thought of trying them myself
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote