100 lb. Club - I Have A Date!!!!!!!

View Full Version : I Have A Date!!!!!!!

cfmama
06-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Surgery is Scheduled for July 28th (yes I know it's a whole freaking month from now... but at least it's a date) and I'm also on a cancellation list which I will GRAB if anyone calls.

I ended up this weeked in the hospital from 3am saturday morning to 8 am. Then 3pm saturday afternoon to 8am Sunday morning.

I'm wiped. But... I have a date. And that is glorious news.

And despite not pooping for three days (due to Buscapan, smooth muscle relaxant) tons of IV fluids and not eating... I'm 250.2. That's good news.

A gall bladder has to weigh at least a pound right? ;)

Thanks for all of your support ladies. You must be VERY TIRED hearing about my health issues but you've been nothing but supportive. I love you all.

hugs
Tam

Slashnl
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll bet it is a huge relief to have a date set. I'm sure having the surgery is so much better than worrying about when another attack will happen. Good luck to you!

scarletmeshell
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I am so happy for you, finally a date! Yes, I am sure your gall bladder weighs at least a pound! Sending you good thoughts and hugs!

DCHound
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Not at all tired of hearing about them, it helps those of us who pray/meditate/think positive thoughts etc. concentrate better. Thank goodness you finally got a date!

time2lose
06-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Having a date is good news. Even if you have to wait a month, at least the end is in sight. Surely a gall bladder full of stones weighs at least a pound.;)

JulieJ08
06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Dang, they would have saved a lot of money by do your surgery earlier!

cfmama
06-29-2009, 05:12 PM
No kidding huh!!!! And that... is BC health care for you...

chickiegirl
06-29-2009, 05:20 PM
That's great news CF! Never tired of hearing about what's going on.

I'm so relieved for you that you'll be able to get this dealt with and get on with things!

Arctic Mama
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
A date is a GREAT thing, it means there's an end in sight! Keep us updated, we're thinking of you!

Delphi
06-29-2009, 05:49 PM
That's Fanfreakintastic Cf! Man, I bet you're relieved, I know I would be.

thinpossible
06-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Whew! Finally! I'm making a toast to you with my water: Here's to no more attacks between now and your surgery!

Alana in Canada
06-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Aaaah--you're in B.C. All is now clear.

What a relief!

Congratulations. That is fantastic news. Here's hoping you can stay out of the hospital until then.

cfmama
06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Alana... where in "western canada" are you? (Pm me if you'd rather :) )

Thanks for everything girls. I've been almost GIDDY today just knowing that there is a definitive end in sigh for this. Feels sooooo good.

rockinrobin
06-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes!!! A date. A genuine, honest to goodness - DATE. Hip, hip, hooray! T

Hopefully the next time you go to the hospital it will be in the operating room, NOT the emergency room.

Charbar
06-30-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm probably coming in late on this conversation (sorry!).. but are you having gull bladder surgery? If yes - I understand! I had mine removed when I was 16 - the old fashion way.

All the best to you.

You want to know what's really funny? - When your post said "I have a date!" I thought you were going out on a date..LOL... you can tell where my head is!

cfmama
06-30-2009, 01:48 AM
yep. Good old lose 127 lbs and lose a gall bladder ;) I almost done even care that the date is 1 month away. At least there is a finite END to my pain you know? It's draggin me down. I've had more freaking IV's in the last two months than in my entire freaking life!!!

Rosinante
06-30-2009, 03:34 AM
oops missed this yesterday. I read 'I've got a date' and as I keep saying I just avoid, rather than criticize, posts that push my buttons and as it must be 30+ years since I had a date and it bugs me I skipped over it.

I'm SO glad you've finally got a date. My 40th birthday present was keyhole surgery for the same dang thing, and I've never looked back. Even deep fried oil just slips down a treat!

cfmama
06-30-2009, 04:38 AM
oops missed this yesterday. I read 'I've got a date' and as I keep saying I just avoid, rather than criticize, posts that push my buttons and as it must be 30+ years since I had a date and it bugs me I skipped over it.

I'm SO glad you've finally got a date. My 40th birthday present was keyhole surgery for the same dang thing, and I've never looked back. Even deep fried oil just slips down a treat!

lol!!!! I'm married so the only kind of date I get is a movie and 100 calorie popcorn while the kids are in bed ;)

I just love you girl :)

irishsarah
06-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Okay...I was thinking "date" too! LOL!

I am so glad the end is finally in sight too! My mom was SO relieved to get hers done and she has been fine ever since!

...1 pound for the gallbladder, maybe another pound from not eating before and right after surgery....this could really help you along! ;) :hug:

VickieLou
06-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi CfMama Happy to hear they finally set a date. Maybe, you will get surgery sooner.

Jen415
06-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Yay Tam! Finally, something concrete to shoot for....hopefully there will be a cancellation between now and then!

thistoo
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Heh, when I saw the title of your post I thought to myself, "Isn't she married?" Then I remembered what you must be talking about!

Congratulations; I'm sure the time will fly now that they've finally given you a date to focus on.

TJFitnessDiva
06-30-2009, 11:01 AM
:hug: What a big relief that must be for you!! I hope someone cancels so you can get in quicker but hey at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

SnowboundChick
06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm so glad you have a date now.

My fSIL is in today having hers removed but they may have to send her down to Vancouver because they think there is a stone that was released inside her and if they can't find it then she'll go down. This poor woman had a baby 3 months ago and has been in pain every since, too forever to find the problem it seems but now it getting taken care of.

I hope there is a cancellation then you can get in sooner. Lot's of Hugs.

kiramira
06-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Yippee yaHOOO to YOUUUU!!!
You'll get through the next few weeks, and then it'll be relief, sweet relief...
:hug:
Kira