Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #47~

Hello - Just wanted to drop by and see how you're all doing. I've been "away" for the past week. I'll explain at another time. Right now I'm just plain tired and want to crash into my pillow. I'm hoping you're all doing well and staying on program. "See" you all soon.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:35 AM   #2  

Just a quick hi and I will be back on July 3rd. got my lunch packed and some healthy snacks but I am pooped and driving so I better take some meds and hit the hay!
Old 06-26-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  

Hi There,

I still don't have internet access at home yet and I have all of next week off from work(company shut-down)so you might not hear from me next week. I think I might use one of those aol free trial memberships for now.

PJ, you sound funny, I hope you are okay.

Candice, hope you got some sleep, see ya when you get back.

Hello to everyone
Brenda
Old 06-26-2002, 08:49 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Brenda - Boy....you sure do know me.
I was in the Mental Health Clinic. I drove myself there last Tuesday. I've been depressed for quite a few months now but I just kept telling myself that I'd snap out of it and kept pushing myself physically....thinking that it was just the stress from the move and all. Well yeah!!!!!! It WAS the move and ALL......LOL....

Here I am.....the one who tells everyone else's families and friends that depression isn't something you can just "snap out of".....and I didn't even realize I was in the middle of what could have and would have been a deep depression again. Thank God I had sense enough to go when I did. Turns out that my anti-depressant wasn't working for me anymore....so they added a little "kick" to it plus a stabilizer. After three days....I felt like my old self again. I asked the doctor how that could be since it takes about 4-6 weeks until any AP kicks in and he said that since I already had Effexor in me (been taking it for about 2 years).....that I WOULD and SHOULD feel it right away. Thank Goodness for that!!! I was just sinking into this deep, deep black hole and I know what it feels like since I 've "been there, done that" and don't want to "be there" again. Anyway......that's where I was for the past week.

Sooooooo, I gained a few pounds......FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME while I was in the hospital and that sucks but atleast I'm back on track and HOME with my family now. I feel very, very good and happy again. Sure, I know I sounded fine on here but when I looked back at some of my posts......I sounded pretty WHINEY......well, atleast that's the way I read it. I hate it when all I do is complain so I should have seen it coming......

Well, gotta go.......kids are waiting for dessert and I'm trying to get to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and make my support group by 9am.
Have a great night everyone.
Hugs,

Last edited by PJ; 06-26-2002 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:17 PM   #5  

Hey friends, how is everyone doing. Sounds like some of us are in the blues. PJ, glad you got the help when you did. Happy to hear you are back on track with things!

Brenda: Too bad you still dont have your computer, and that we wont hear from you possibly all next week, but look on the bright side. You won't have to work all week. Who wouldnt love that!

So, my week has been going pretty good. The past couple of days, I have been eating below my minimum points. I was really surprised. But I felt good though. i wasnt hungry so I know I wasnt starving myself. Hopefully come Saturday morning I'll see a drop on the scale. Crossing my fingers.

So I was just dropping in to see how it was going in the nest. I'll check in shortly. To everyone in the nest, hope have a great nite and good day tomorrow. Take care

Erica
Old 06-29-2002, 09:28 AM   #6  

Good Morning! It's not such a great morning for me though. I weighed myself and I only lost 1 pound for the whole week. I'm kinda disappointed. Yes, I know it's better than the scale going up, but I wish it was a bit more. I thought I was doing well, but I guess i was fooled. I suppose I'll have to start doing some more exercise, oops, I mean actually start doing exercise.

Alright girls....I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you all soon. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Erica
Old 06-29-2002, 10:49 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good Morning

Erica - Yes.....a pound is a pound is a pound.
I always say to "think of a pound of butter"....that's what you just lost off of your body. Now THAT should make you feel a little better????? Hmmmmm?????? Heh-heh....I hope so. If you keep doing what you're doing....you'll surely see a bigger loss next week. So hang in there.

I was just starting to mow the lawn after letting the horses out and my son called to me saying "I'M HUNGRY!!!!! Mom......PLEASE make me something".......I had only been asking him since we got up hours ago if he was ready yet...but nooooooo, he had to wait until Mommy was out and about.....now it's POURING outside. AAhhhhhhhhhhhh...........oh well, atleast we're getting rain. I hope and pray that the "fire" states are going to get some of this. Boy.... would that be a blessing or what??!!!

I am trying very hard to stay on program and lose what I had gained while my stay in the hospital. I'm feeling very good and was all set to go for a ride after I finished my chores and errands this morning. What a bummer.......maybe it will stop long enough for a "quickie". Bill is still in Lake Charles, La.....he's been there since last Monday and wont be home for another week. It was kind of good for him not to be here when I got home from the hospital....only because it was one less person to deal with. I realize he's finally coming around and understanding what depression is all about but I just didn't feel like talking about it. All I wanted to do was come home and crash.......then I had alot fo fun playing and running around with my kids.....hanging out at the barn and getting back into my routine. Well, actually I have to change my routine a bit but that's ok....it's for the better. I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier and wake up a bit earlier. It's working and would you believe that Pam!!!! could actually become a "M.O.R.N.I.N.G. P.E.R.S.O.N. ???????? It's nice being the first one up for a change.

Ok......I'm babbling....."see" you all later........I HOPE........ Where the he** are all of you.........get your little fannies in here!!!!!!!!

Have a great day/weekend......whatever it is you're doing.

Hugs.

Last edited by PJ; 06-29-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:36 AM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

PJ-Glad you got the help when you did. I too have fought the depression battle when my workload was heavy and now that is going to start again I refuse to slip back there. I already made an appointment with the stress counciler. I think once you have been "there" you kinda know and it's a place you don't want to go back too. You always have us and I will email you my new number.

Brenda-I hope you enjoy the week off even though it's forced and not by choice. Hope you get the computer fixed soon. YFF.

Erica-Congrats on the pound...I think you mentioned you ate below min. points? If I remember that right then your body just started hanging on to everything it could and that's probably why you didn't loose like you wanted to. A pound is wonderful though!!! Just for future reference though eat at least the min. girlfriend.

Candace-Hope you are having fun on your trip.We miss you!

Judygal-How are you and the headaches?

Sheri-You still lurking? Come out and post!!! Miss you.

My back is still bothering me a little. Everyone keeps asking, Have you got all your boxes unpacked and I say **** no and I probably wont for another year. I refuse to kill myself, my back or get depressed again worrying about job stuff, unpacking and all that. With the new house I am just taking my time and doing what I want to do. Sleeping all night is good, no gun shots etc. like the old neighborhood in the apartment days. Some people that saw pics of the house said, you got so much done, I said yeap, I paid a painter and wallpaper person to come and do it and they always say something like , I bet that was expensive...well not as expensive and me getting sick and stressed right? I am doing a small bit of painting today, under the chair rail in the kitchen and the bathroom vanity cabinet...wish me luck that I get more paint on the wall/cabinet than on me and the floor

Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs
Setina

Last edited by Watermelon; 06-30-2002 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:51 AM   #9  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

OOOooooooooo, this is a coool little new option. (the quick reply)

Setina - Sounds like you DID do the right thing. If you can afford it........by all means, let someone else do the painting and wallpaper. Good for you.

I've been doing alot of stomache exercises the past two days and it seems to be helping my back. Of course.....I'm being careful and not over doing it......Jackie or Billy hold my feet down and I'm doing them the RIGHT WAY....meaning NOT bending my neck and cheating. My elbows are straight out to the side and my head is looking straight up at the ceiling. I've only been able to hit 50 so far. I'm going for 75 today. Anyway, I'm sure you have many back exercises as well. Want to share? <grin>

Love ya.......and don't over-do it or I'll send all the relatives I can't stand to your house....telling them it's our NEW house and we're having a house-warming party!

Hgus,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 06-30-2002 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:04 PM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Thanks PJ. You are a mess girl..send them on for the "house warming" party and tell them to bring Home Depot gift certificates If I can find my folder of back exercises I will copy them and mail them to you..email me your address and number again if you don't mind. My address book is still in a box somewhere! Have a terrific evening!

Where are all you other owls today?
Have a terrific week
Setina
Old 07-01-2002, 08:53 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good Morning from rainy, soaked Florida

Well, I've got EIGHT.....yep...8 !!!!!! kids sleeping all over this house today. Jackie's friends from Virginia moved back with their Dad who lives in Melbourne (1 hour away, north of us) and I met him halfway yesterday to pick them up and they'll be staying with us for about a week. There are three of them....two boys and one girl. Then two other friends came over since they were all good friends in school and that was that. They had a blast!!!! I don't mind having this many around as long as they pick up after themselves and help me out. They are ALL good and treat me like gold. So, it's actually a GOOD thing.

Setina Belina - I sent you my addy and number.

.....and where the heck ARE all the rest of you OWLS!!!?????!!!!

P.S. - I'm doing LOUSY on program.....or should I say OFF program!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHH, Help me!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PJ; 07-01-2002 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #12  

Default HEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm back, LOL. I finally got my computer all straightened out, unfortunately I lost EVERYTHING I had on it. I still haven't got my disk from my server so today when I was in the store I grabbed one of the free aol trial membership ones, so here I am.

PJ, Yes, I do know you pretty well, we have been friends for years and sometimes you just get a feeling. I sure got one with you, not sure why just knew things weren't right. I am glad you got yourself taken care of and are feeling better.

Setina, you are definitely doing the right thing by taking care of yourself and letting the rest happen as it happens. You are a wonderful woman and you deserve to be taken care of.

Erica, be careful about eating below your minimum points, your body doesn't like it and you won't see as good of losses as you would if you ate a bit more. I know because I have done it many times, always with the same results.

I took the girls to 6 flags yesterday and we had fun. Wed night we are going to watch fireworks at Steve's house and Thurs night we are watching fireworks at Steve's house and spending the night then taking the kids and going somewhere friday, haven't decided where yet.

Later everyone
Bren
Old 07-01-2002, 09:52 PM   #13  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

I am doing so bad with my weight. I tried on all my summer stuff (most of which fit on our cruise in December) and none of it fits. I have gained back at least 30lbs It is because I don't go to my meetings regularly and journal. We will be away this weekend (last AAU tournament) and then I am going to refocus and get back on program (incl. posting my progress here). We are allowed to buy season passes, which are good if you have to miss a meeting and alot cheaper, but are not so good if you need the discipline to attend the meetings. With these passes you can skip as many meetings you want to and not have to rejoin. It's a love/hate thing!!!!

Gotta run. Hope you all have a great and safe 4th.

Oh, I brought my daughter to the drs and she had blood work done on Saturday. Will let you know when the results come back.

Sheri
Old 07-02-2002, 01:41 AM   #14  

HI guys, I want drop in and say howdy to everyone. I have been lurking in here for sometime and decided to finally post something. :-) A bit about myself : I am a lapsed lifer who recently (3 weeks ago) made the decsion that it was time to get rid of the poundage I packed on after going off the Prog. Well It was been 3 weeks and I am proud to say that I am down about 15#...I know that is a lot, but I really try and jouranal as much as I can and am quite focused on this ( I gave all my fat clothes to charity last time and I am tired of wearing the same ole things)...Oh well, Just a note to say Hi.....Good luck to everyone this week...happy losin.

-Nate
Old 07-03-2002, 11:33 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Hey where is everyone? I was just peeking in and wanted to say hi!

I see there are some newbies on the block too and Erica is back!

Can't stay but just wanted to say hi!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread