Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Monday Morning to you all. Hope everyone starts this week off well!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well I didn't get all that extra exercise that I wanted to this weekend but I did get lots of house cleaning done and worked in in flower garden for a few hours yesterday so I did get some exercise.
I ate really healthy on the weekend too however I did slip in a small piece of apple pie.
Well the weather is supposed to be beautiful all week so I know I will get my walks in this week.
Wednesday is Canada day so maybe if it's nice, we'll float down the river. It's weird having a day off in the middle of the week.
Well gotta run.
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all...just thought i'd stop by and say hi..
Xanthia has been sleeping through the night for about a week now..i'm amazed! my mom said that out of all 4 of us kids, i was the only one who was a good sleeper..so maybe that's where she gets it from? anyways, i'm not complaining. she has her 2 month check up tomorrow and gets her first shots....ick! i hate that. always makes me almost cry! but then again, she never cried in the hospital when they pricked her heels numerous times (she actually never cried until she was about a week old!) so maybe she also has my high pain tolerance too? we'll see.

so things are still stalled on the scale front..i'm not sure if it's me, or TOM coming up soon, or the meds my dr prescribed for my face (it's been so broken out for so long that i'm sick of it and she precribed minocycline..been doing some research on weather it causes weight gain since it is an antibiotic, but the reviews are mixed about even..so not sure) anyways..that's that.

be back later..got lots to do today.

oh and PS..if any of you ladies are into praying..please do so for me. i really need any good thoughts/prayers sent my way. i'll explain at a later time, i promise. xoxo.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Morning all!!

I had a one pound loss last week, not the two I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

My weekend was another rollercoaster or emotions. DBF and I are still working on things. We spent most of the weekend in seperate rooms of the house. I even went over to my empty townhouse on Saturday for a few hours. Sunday it boiled over.
I am trying to convince him that talking to a professional would really help him sort through the issues he's struggling with, but he's refusing. I think that if he could work through his struggles, things between us would get better. Any thoughts? He's a pretty stubborn person when it comes to doctors. It took me a few weeks to get him to go see a doctor about the numbness in his hand and pain in his shoulder. I think with enough other people telling him to go, he finally gave in. But went to a chiropractor, who told him if it doesn't get better, he will have to go to a doctor.

Jillian - thought and prayers are with you.
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon Everyone. Not much new with me. Only 4 days of work this week and then vacation. Not going anywhere but home. Trying to get some stuff done that I keep putting off so I hope next week is productive!!

Jillian - you're in my prayers and you don't need to explain anything as to why you need them. Sometimes we just do.

I'll be back later. Make it a good day!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #9  
Amy

Hey guys!

Sounds like everyone had an ok weekend! For the first weekend since I moved to VA, DH and I were ableto just stay at home and relax. He cleaned out his parents garage and I cleaned my car. Good times!

I decided to take this weightloss thing 5 pounds at a time. When I was doing that a few months ago, it was easier! I have a weightloss buddy, my friend Audrey, and we're off to a great start! We worked out hard core today. She has a punching bag and declining bench. I did 3 reps of 40 jumping jacks, 15 crunches, and time with the bag. Then we went for a mile walk. My arms are killing me already!

We start off each morning at the pool, stop for lunch, then work out. That will be 4-5 days a week. I will be thin and tan in no time!!

Jillian- hope all is well with you, I will remember you in my prayers! I am so glad Baby X is sleeping for you!! Also, I bought Silk soy milk today to give it a try on cereal. We'll see how it goes.

Angie- Iknow what you're going through. DH and I fight A LOT. It's gotten better now that we actually live togeter, but we are strong willed people!! I am currently doing the 40 Day Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. It's for married couples, but I am sure you could do it as BF/GF. I HIGHLY reccomend it!!

Seems like we're all living for the weekend! (Well, except our Canadian friends...) DH and I are going back up to NJ! I cannot wait!!!

Well, off to make a smoothie, shower, and RELAX!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieH75 View Post

I am trying to convince him that talking to a professional would really help him sort through the issues he's struggling with, but he's refusing. I think that if he could work through his struggles, things between us would get better. Any thoughts?
This is something that a person really has to want to do for him or herself. If a person feels they are being pushed into counseling, there's a very good chance they'll resent the person doing the pushing, and that will not make your relationship better. Also, talk therapy is very often a waste of time. The only really effective counseling I've ever been to was targeted toward changing behaviors - NOT talking about them.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Angie- Iknow what you're going through. DH and I fight A LOT. It's gotten better now that we actually live togeter, but we are strong willed people!! I am currently doing the 40 Day Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. It's for married couples, but I am sure you could do it as BF/GF. I HIGHLY reccomend it!!
Here's an article about where hubby and I went when we were having a rough spell: http://www.beavertonvalleytimes.com/...72742669818800

I'd been to marriage counseling in my prior marriages and honestly this was so different (and much better). I really liked the workshops and the counseling, as it was based on teaching us practical skills to improve our relationship. I think if it were required training *before* marriage, there'd be a lot less divorce.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #12  
WonderWoman

morning all. another night where baby X slept from 10pm-530am. yay.

also, i finally got the scale to move--down a pound.

baby X has her 2month check up today, and gets her first shots...wish us luck! i hate seeing my babies get poked! it just about kills me.
also, trying to plan Julia's 6th bday party..the cake is gonna be awesome! i'm super excited!

be back later. hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Morning All

Jersey - if you don't like soy milk, you could try almond milk. I buy the Almond Breeze vanilla sweetened flavor and I love it!! Especially with Cinnamon Harvest Kashi cereal, it's what I'm having for breakfast today.
I'll make sure and check out the 40 Day Love Dare!

Lucky - you are 100% right. I've been in and out of counseling since I was 12 years old. Been on medication a couple times too. Talking to a professional is 100% a personal choice. And the only reason that I'm asking him to talk to someone is because he won't talk to anyone else, friends or family. His behavior has changed a lot over the past few months and he's very unhappy with that change, but doesn't know what to do about it. So I'm just trying to give him some suggestions. Ultimately it is his choice.
Thank you for the article, I'll check that out as well.

Jillian - can't wait to see pics of the birthday cake!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #14  
WonderWoman

angie--if you don't mind me asking, what's going on with your BF? is he depressed? i'm not sure if you said, but i missed it.
i've never tried almond milk..are the calories/fat/protein comparable to soymilk?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
morning all. another night where baby X slept from 10pm-530am. yay.

also, i finally got the scale to move--down a pound.
Congrats on getting the scale moving in the right direction! I've read that being sleep deprived contributes to weight gain so one more reason to be happy baby X is sleeping through the night