Tejas
06-29-2009, 08:09 AM
:carrot:

New Pages!

:D

Tejas
06-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Happy new week everyone:

Vickie, we know that you are sad right now, so maybe you don't feel it's a "happy new week." :grouphug:

Tech told us she had a bad week, also.

Let's see if we can pick ourselves- and one another- up, not use food to quell our emotions, and take care of ourselves and one another.

I've started my week with a spinning class not even 24 hours after having had a class. This is the first time I've done that, so we'll see how I feel in about 12 hours! Like a rag doll, I bet.

What are everyone's July 4th plans? :twirly: We won't do much, and Wednesday is Canada Day so we have two opportunities to overindulge in one week!!

sloanie
06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry about being AWOL. DS took his computer to a friend's house, so I was without. I'm going to take our broken desk top to see if it can be fixed. I have read the posts, and I must say I am with several of you. The remodeling is SLOW and frustrating. No one moves as fast as I want them to. I am not using food to help with that, but I am seeing a gain!!! I am very frustrated about that, and the worst part is that my DH told me, very kindly during a conversation about my gaining, that he could tell that I had gained a little. Oh no :eek: I am going to a ww meeting today to pick up the new material, and plan to count points for a few weeks.

Vickie-I am so sad for you. I know how much you looked forward to having Sara at your house. There are so many dog rescue organizations out there that have dogs to offer. Have you thought about looking into something like that? I'll say a prayer for your broken heart and will be thinking good thoughts for you.:goodvibes:

Rhonda-Taking a day off when your muscles are sore is a good idea. Sometimes ibuprofen help reduce swelling in the muscles and speeds the healing process along.

Paula-your day at the beach sounds lovely. My sis and I talk eachother out of chores very often, too!

Donna-hang in there, I'm with ya.

Sandra-glad your reunion was fun. We have had very hot weather, too, but this morning is cool and very low humidity! I'm going to sit on the porch a while before I tackle painting the bathroom.

Coco-The remodeling is very slow. I was hoping to have my bath and bedroom back in order by the end of the week, but I doubt that will happen. Oh well, it will be so nice when we are done.

Maryann-Hope your hip feels better. Rest and don't overdo it. Good job leaving off the :corn:

GTG to chiropractor today then off to a ww meeting for materials. When I get back I will work with DS on the bathroom, so I'll see ya later!

Vickie
06-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks Chicks for all the love and support. I should be able to be here more now that I don't have Sara to watch. I managed to stop at the one bad meal yesterday with the exception of a bag of 100 calorie wheat thins right before bed. I have all these emotions that need to be fed. Not a good thing. All in all, I handled it better than I have ever done in the past. Something like this could have knocked me off program completely and set me on a path to gaining all of my weight back.

This morning I am going to JC and will talk with my Counselor about all of this. If she has any great advice, I'll be sure to share. I expect a gain after my small loss last week that I didn't even get to post.

BBL. Drink your water!

beach bum
06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Guess what is doing out side??????? :rain: and its going to continue until the 4th. I guess the fireworks is going to be a DUD this year. We usually don't go down to our towns display as it too crowed and there not parking spots.

Got on the scale this morning and I up again,even with out the popcorn .Went over the last 2 months of my food journal and it looks like the culprit is to little calories. YES I say too little. I have been an 1000 to 1200 after deleting the fitness burned calories from my total.Reminds me of my ww days when the leader put me down to 20-22 pts and I gained. So I either have to up my calories or lower my days exercising.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new week pages.We're going to have something simple for our BBQ ,hamburgers & Hot Dogs with corn on the cob and salads. We're going to watch the golf tournament that day and than watch the Boston Promenade & Fireworks that follow in the evening.

SLOANE-As you can see in the post above the staying away from the popcorn didn't work. Oh gee!!! I know about the frustration of workers.,being on the Cape its so hard to get any contractor to come and get the job done. We're still waiting for a man to come fix our septic tank system after 2 weeks of him coming for an estimate .

DEAR VICKIE-You been though so much,and the body does go back to comfort foods when the emotions are running high. Glad to here your be going to the JC this morning and get some idea of what to do for future episodes.

Maryann -- we got home just in time. On the news they showed Mansfield and people at the Jimmy Buffet Concert at the Comcast Center. We are about 5 miles from there. Got home, got all the stuff out of the car and the sky opened up for a good hour and a half! We must have gotten about 3 inches of rain in that short time. Did you get any of the storms? I don't think I saw any on the news.

PAULA-We're you lucky to be home before the rains & thunder storms came.WOW that's a lot of rain in that short time. We on the Cape didn't get the stuff you got just a showers ,but than at night the rain came back to us,Leo had to close the skylite in the bedroom.

BEACHBUM Hope your hip feels better. For the laptop. Will have to get back with my neighobor about it. I dont think all the settings are set right. I couldnt even send a regular e-mail. And I dont have spell check. So dont know when I will get it there. But one of these days.

COCO-Oh my hip feels a lot better now that I stopped the spinning on the bike. rested and now its back to normal. I going to do the spinning 3 x's week instead of every day thing. We have Firefox as our browser and they put red lines for miss spelling and than they give you the correct spelling when you right click. Hope you neighbor fixed the laptop by the time you read this post.

ontarget
06-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi there. This will be quick cuz I am with the granddaughters having a big time while their mom is at the dentist.

sloanie
06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Finished with the chiropractor and did some errands with DH. Working in the bathroom has all but ceased while we wait for drywall mud to dry. I also went to ww and signed in, picked up my materials and left. The good news is that I am one pound lighter than this time last summer, but I still am up 5 pounds from my lowest this year and am 10 pounds from my goal. I hope I can count points for a while and get those last ten pounds off. My dd has also joined ww. We will be going for a visit on the fourth, so we will count points together. I am planning some yummy dishes and will probably use a lot of my wpa's on that day.

Sandra-have fun with your girls!

Maryann-sorry about your weather. Do you know the song "Just let a smile be your umbrella"? You'd better make that your anthem.

Tejas
06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi All:

Sloan, you have my sympathies. At least one room or another in my house has been a mess this year, and at times, many rooms were in chaos at the same time. All of this in the process of getting ready to sell. I can almost see the end. But, the process has been misery. I keep saying to myself that I am lucky to own a home, that I have no real money worries, etc, etc....but, it's a tough slog to live in a house and redo it at the same time. It's not really "living."

Once again, I ate too much at a party. But, this IS the last one of the year. Thank goodness. I won't be surprised if I have a gain tomorrow, my WI day.

Tomorrow morning I'll be walking on the beach front with my friend, as long as it is not raining, which it has been lately.

Have a good night everyone...

Rhonda

sloanie
06-29-2009, 09:45 PM
We have gotten some work done today, but not enough to suit me. DH is feeling kinda blah, so he rested most of the day. DS and I are about to paint some trim in the bathroom. At least that's something.

Rhonda-I wish I was walking on the beach front. My house looks like it has been vandalized! I do need to stop whining though, and focus on how nice my home is. I could be living in a box somewhere!

I hope the rest of you chicks are having a wonderful night. :yawn:

beach bum
06-30-2009, 08:14 AM

The sun is shinning, & we're going for a walk and than to walmart for some of the trail sizes for our cruise in two weeks.

SANDRA-Have a great time with your grandchildren and Oh your poor daughter having to go to the dentist.

SLOANE-Big Congrats:carrot: your going downward on the scale I'm just doing the opposite my scale is climbing.Hope it just water retention,and that's all,as I've been trying so hard to get the scale to move the other way.

RHONDA-Sending your [[[[good vibes]]]]] for you're W-I . Hope they party didn't do to much damaged.

Tejas
06-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Good Morning:

Oh well, I gained a pound. So, this week, I'm going to aim for a two pound loss. I'm just glad it wasn't more: I really enjoyed all those parties!

GF and I went for our walk on the lakeside. It is raining lightly now, but we were dry during our walk. Tomorrow, we'll go spinning. It is really nice to have a "exercise buddy" who is also a good friend.

Sloanie, just hang in. I know exactly how you feel. I get very exasperated when things don't move at a pace I want. It's a real life lesson to just breathe deeply and realize that it will get done, just not as you wish :lol:

I hope you all have a great day.

Rhonda

Vickie
06-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here trying to get myself back in the right frame of mind and continue on with my life without Cassie or Sara.

I gained .2 yesterday. My total 2 week loss was .4. I'm still a bit shy of 30 pounds. I need to get motivated again. I've got two bad meals coming up this week; one of which is the 4th of July holiday. I'll try to be as good as I can on the holiday but I'm not going to be good on Wednesday. I'll just hope that portion control will help me on that day.

Rhonda and Sloane, I'm a control kind of girl too. We all want the pace to be quicker but sometimes life gets a little bit in the way.

We just all have to "control" things by letting our slips be a meal at a time instead of a day or a week. That's my thought for the day.

I'm starting a new rule for me. 4 glasses of water before lunch or NO LUNCH! Otherwise, I'm still trying to choke down my water after dinner.

sloanie
06-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Mornin' y'all-My day started at 5:00 when dh left for work. Pippi wanted to go potty, so I went out with her then got started with sorting and discarding junk from the kitchen. I was working along when I got a call that some of my appliances were being delivered. It's not time!!! Oh well, now I have two refrigerators and two dishwashers in my kitchen. Can it get more crowded?
After lamenting about only getting 19 points per day on momentum, I only ate 16 points yesterday. I know I must eat the correct number of points, but the day got away with me, and I just went to bed.

Rhonda-thanks for your words of encouragement. Also, don't worry about the gain. You know how to take care of it!

Maryann-I'm so glad you can see the sun! I did not know you were going on a cruise; where are you going?

:wave: to the rest of you chickies.

Have a good day!

Tejas
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh yes, I know how to take care of it: get rid of 3500 calories a week for a pound loss. For two pounds, well, just multiply by two and get 7000 calories gone!!! That's a lot of spinning, walking and calorie counting!!! :yikes:

beach bum
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
RHONDA-One pound wasn't bad ,you'll lose that with your spinning.

VICKIE-You're so close to that 30 mark you'll make in a few days.

SLOANE-You we're here when I announce it a few months back.Were planning to cruise in 2010 but,after Leo getting the cancer back the second time again last year, we decided not to wait but to go ahead now,as we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're going to Prince Edward Island and all the other surrounding islands.Than to Montreal where will take plane back to Boston.

sloanie
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Maryann-that sounds so lovely!! I know you will have a great time :)

coco99
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much going on here.
Had to go to the bank today.
Washed up most of the camping clothes. Got one more load of those to do. So will do those tomorrow.
Cut up a watermelon and a cantelope.
And that has been about it. Done dishes. Things like that.
Well I got a big surprise on the scales last night. I was down a pound. I couldnt believe it. So I will have to be really good. To make sure it dont catch up with me next week. I was so sure I was going to have a 2-3 lb gain. But will take the loss.

VICKIE Wow 30 lbs that is awesome. You will be there before you know it. And that is wonderful that you didnt turn to food. There is a saying our leader says. And I think of it for the cookouts and things like that. I think I have the wording right. If you fail to plan. You plan to fail. So I am trying to make plans for the weekend. We are camping again. So am taking plenty of fresh veggies. And some dip. And I also am taking watermelon. I bought two yesterday. KMart had them on sale for $2.99. They are kinda small. But taste pretty good. And might make some fruit salad. Taking chicken and turkey keibolsa (?) Not sure what else. So I know you will do just fine with the weekend. BIG :hug:

BEACHBUM Glad your hip is feeling better. Hope you found lots of prettys for your trip. Sorry about your gain. But you will get if off. Good thing you had your trackers. That helps alot to look back. But dont be like me. And throw them away. Because I did. Got tried of seeing them lay around.

SLOANIE How was your WW meeting. I didnt get to stay at mine last night. Our neighbor passed away. And the only viewing was last night. But did weigh in. Told hubby. I have to at least do that. I need the meeting. But wont stay. But am weighing in. That is great your DD is doing WW also. That will be a big help with the eating.

TEJAS Hope you had a great walk. Enjoy your spinning class tomorrow.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok.

Well I better get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

sloanie
06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Continued to work on the remodeling and went to the bank today. I've been trying to plan and stay ahead of the "hungries". I made some black bean brownies today, and they are pretty good. I have had six small meals each of the last two days, and this seems doable. I am looking forward to visiting with dd in Johnson City, TN this weekend, but am also concerned about staying within my point allowance. I've planned to save most of my wpa's for the fourth of July festivities on Saturday, but I will also have to be careful on Friday and Sunday as we will be on the road and eating out a lot. I'm not sure how long I will keep at this point counting, but I'd like to think I could get to my goal this way and then just do core.

Coco- I didn't have time to stay for the meeting, but I may be able to next week. From last May until now I had lost twenty pounds on core just by following my old books and posting here. I do think that especially while I am counting points I will try to get to meetings. I am a lifetime member, so I don't have to pay for missed meetings.

Vickie-I'm sorry I didn't respond to your last post. I love the thing you said about keeping the slips to only one mealtime instead of several days at time.
It's funny when you look at my wanting to control the speed at which my house gets ready, you would think I would attack weight loss in the same way. Wonder what's up with that?

Rhonda-Sounds like you have your plan figured out. Just don't overdo it.

Hope the rest of you girls are doing well. Have a good night y'all

beach bum
07-01-2009, 08:09 AM

Can you believe that we're starting our second 1/2 of the year. Where had time flown to?????July 1st and a new month for me to get work and get 1/2 of this weight off.

I'm going to try something new by having protein shakes or slim fast shakes before and after Independence Day holiday,maybe that will shake something up in my system to get the scale moving down again.

SLOANE-Thanks, we're getting excited now that the time is so near. The only thing I have to look for a new fancy blouse to wear for the formal night.Somehow when I lost some weight or inches it moved up to my boobs and the blouse doesn't closes in the front.

COCO-Congrats on your 1 lb loss:carrot: You're doing great,wish I had that.Thanks,I was hoping by the 4th I be 10 lbs lighter,[see siggy]but it just didn't happen. I have all my food journals since 2007,the early ones I thew away also.,as they didn't apply to the WOE I doing now.

Tejas
07-01-2009, 08:12 AM
:cp: Happy Canada Day everyone!!! :dancer:

sloanie
07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Happy Canada Day Rhonda :celebrate:

Maryann-the boob thing happened to my sister, also. I on the other hand have the opposite problem :(

Have a great day chickies!!!

Tejas
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi:

I went to spinning class today and the teacher played all Michael Jackson music. He said that we would have a guest teacher and about 3/4 of the way through the class he left saying that he would go find the guest. He returned, wearing a costume of a white shirt, afro wig, black hat, sunglasses, and one hand gloved in a spangly glove. He danced and did the moon walk for us. It was a hoot :lol:

So, I've been doing some arithmetic. 7000 calories is about 10 spinning classes! I've signed up for four this week, so that will be 2400 calories gone. I'll walk twice for another 400-600 calories. Then, I'll try to eat only 20-22 points each day. We'll see if that will equal two pounds gone.

I hope you all have a great day: I'm going to work in the garden for most of it.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Rhonda-have you checked out how many calories you can get rid of by gardening? You may be burning more than you think!

coco99
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Everyone
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!
Well not much happening here.
Washed up the rest of the clothes. Hung a few things out. Things that I dont put in the dryer. Hoping they dry. Seems pretty cloudy though. And they are calling for a chance of rain. So will have to watch for that.

TEJAS bet you did have a great time at spinning class today. Sounds like it would have been fun. There are a few Michael Jackson songs. That I do like. But not all of them.

SLOANIE I love that area of TN. I had a Aunt that lived in Kingsport. And growing up. We would go there. And go into Johnson City. It has been years since I have been there. Would love to go back sometime. But nothing is probably the same. Have a wonderful time.

Well I better get off here and get something done.
Will be back later.
Thinking of everyone.
coco

sloanie
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey Coco-we will be going up on Friday for our visit. DH and I really like the area. It seems like a good place to live, and we get the impression that it is a safe town. We feel good that she is there. It is a long drive for us; five to six hours, but it is beautiful.

Rhonda-how vigorous is your spin class? I have always wondered if I could get through one without having a stroke.

Maryann-good luck with the shakes. Let us know how it goes :)

Hope y'all are having a good afternoon :D

ontarget
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!

Vickie and Rhonda, I just saw your weightlosses. Congratulations to you both.

We're taking it easy today. Not much going on here except for the guys working on the decks.

Tejas
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Maryann, the teachers all say "this is YOUR class." By that they mean that you can make it as vigorous as you want, or you can slow down if you want.

Each class is 45 minutes long. I see it this way: 15 minutes to get really warmed up, 15 minutes to think you're going to die, and then there's only 15 minutes left!

I like the way the teachers are very encouraging, pay attention to everyone's form, remind us to sit up straight, use the power of the legs, breath, drink water, etc. I have been doing it for two months now and I burn over 600 calories each time.

I am getting noticeably stronger, my balance is better, my resting heart rate is lower, and I can get down to the floor and back up again like I used to do when I was younger.
The big test will be weight loss and lowered blood pressure.

I've done some gardening, but very low key..mostly just putting in a few more plants.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Rhonda-it was me that asked about your class. I looked on line for classes nearby, and the only ones we have are at the Y, and I am not a member there. I was walking with my friend during the school year but have not been as consistent this summer. Each day that I walked my hip hurt. My chiropractor showed me my x-rays, and I have two bone spurs on the top of my femur. She said that I should vary my exercise, so I thought spinning might be something I could add. I did search online for spinning dvd's and did not find anything that I thought would do, but I did find some info about elliptical trainers, so I thought I would dust mine off and use it a couple of days a week. I may also add some yoga along with walking. I'm sure I would do much better if I was involved in a class or at least exercising with a friend, but I probably won't be able to do that until school starts again. Oh well, enough of my saga. If you do know of any dvds for spinning or elliptical machines, let me know.

The changes you are noticing about your body are awesome. It is so rewarding to see that happening after you have been working so long and hard. Congratulations :ebike:

Hey to the rest of y'all!

Tejas
07-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Sorry, Sloanie...I realized just as I opened the site again that it was you, not Maryann!

Anyway, good luck with finding something that you like and can do. I don't have any DVDs for machines, but I bet if you went to 3FC's exercise thread and asked people would have some ideas.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Rhonda-thanks for the suggestion! I think I have found something I want to try; a rebounder (mini-trampoline). The chicks on the exercise thread swear by them for chicks with arthritis and other musculo-skeletal problems. I think I'll start with a cheap one and see how I do. :trampo: There are videos that can be purchased, but some of the chicks just jump while watching tv. It is also supposed to be good for the lymphatic system! I'll let you know what I think. ;)

Tejas
07-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Well, I'm off to go walking. My friend (Tara) and I have decided to hire a personal trainer to help us get the most out of our workouts, and to give us some specific exercises to do. We both use free weights every now and again and we want to increase that.

Sloanie good luck with the rebounder. I can't use them because of a disk problem in my neck, but I used to have one. They're fun!

Rhonda

beach bum
07-02-2009, 08:15 AM

Got up early this morning and guess what??? Its Raining again,so I think walking along the beach is going to be another washout,but what I see on the scale isn't, since last Monday I have lost 1.5 so there's some hope going lower on the calorie count.

Sorry not to wish our Canadian friends A HAPPY CANADA DAY yesterdayas I didn't know until I saw your post this morning.

SLOANE-I have such pretty blouses from the other cruises I was on,but none of them fit anymore. I guess I just have to get serious and lose this fat. I'll let you know about the shakes,I'm over on another board that does 2 shakes & a meal.I'm just doing it to sandwich the 4th as burgers and dog will be on the menu along with the whole nine yards.

RHONDA-Even if I didn't ask the question thanks for the information.Five teen mins is a long time to spin??? isn't it?? I bike for 30 mins but not spinning all the time,I do take a break about 5 mins in between. But then I doing it myself and not with a instructor aboard.

COCO-My MIL that lived in Ireland used to air out the clothes after taking them in, from the line,even in bad weather. She re hang the clothes in the kitchen and when that got soft she put them away.

sloanie
07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Mornin' Chicks! I have a fun day planned. Some girls that I teach with are getting together for a pool party today, yipee!! The girl that is hosting is a ww member, so there will be ww treats to indulge in as well as ww margaritas :carrot: I will work on remodeling later today with dh and prepare to leave tomorrow for out visit with dd.

Maryann-I think you better keep an eye on the horizon for the ark. If it doesn't stop raining, you're gonna need it. Maybe you could use these rainy days to shop for some new blouses for your trip. Congrats on the loss! I know it makes you happy to see that.

Rhonda-a personal trainer sounds exciting. You will have to share some tips! I am planning on purchasing a rebounder today. When you used yours, did you have a tape with it or did you just ad lib?

All the rest of you chickies have a great day ;)

coco99
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi there
Just taking a break. Been getting things ready to go camping again this weekend.
So now got everything piled up. Just need to start loading the truck.
Then when son gets home from work. We will take off. It is about a two hour drive. So it will be about bedtime when we get there. Oh well.
Got fresh veggies and watermelon to take. And then taking chicken and turkey keibolisa with us to have to eat. And made some macararoni salad too.

SLOANIE have a great time at your pool party. Sounds like fun.

BEACHBUM we had a little bit of rain this morning. Still awful cloudy. But maybe if it is raining where the camper is. We can find the leak. that would be great. :carrot: CONGRATS ON THE LOSS. That is wonderful.

TEJAS That is good that you are going to get a trainer. And that you have a friend going with you.

ONTARGET Did you get the decks done. Hope so. Hope you are doing ok.

VICKIE I hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you. Well we might be getting another kitty. Said I didnt want anymore. But a stray came to my sister's. And she cant keep it. She already has two inside cats. And cant have any outside animals. So far she hasnt been able to find a home for her. So said if she couldnt find a home for her I would take her. She is pretty. She was going to have to take her to the pound. She found a no kill shelter. But they already had 40 cats. And I hate to see her go there. So will find out when we come home from camping wheather we get the kitty or not. Have a wonderful weekend.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH AND TECHALUM HI

Well I have to get off here. Have several more things to get done.
So have a great weekend everyone. Taking the laptop. So will check in.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I just made the best salad:

bagged mixed greens
1/4 cup chick peas
1/4 avocado
stawberries, blueberries and blackberries
sweet onion dressing

It was delicious!!!!

ontarget
07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Rhonda, a personal trainer sounds good. And your salad sounds delish.

Maryann, it got up to 104* here today. I'd love to have some of your rain, but I understand about being tired of it.

Sloan, how was your swim party? It sounds like fun.

Coco, have fun camping.

I took Curtis to the hospital today for an MRI. We think he has a pinched nerve in his lower back. He's not hurting as badly today so that's good. One of the guys was here today doing some painting. We are soooooo ready for the decks/porches to be finished. I don't think it will be finished for another week. Is this a marathon or what?

Vickie
07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Chicks.

I'm doing ok but finding that I don't care about much right now. Guess that's still part of the grieving process. I'm still reading every day but not finding much energy to post. I'm following my program pretty well. My bad meal on Wednesday was pretty bad but I kept it to the one meal. I'll be eating out (Chipotle Burrito Bowl) today with my Sister and BIL. I'll control what goes in (no rice) and be sure not to eat the whole things since it probably enough to feed tWo people on JC.

We have no plans as of yet for the 4th. We'll probably just stay home, chill and watch DVD's. What do you all have planned. We know Coco is camping.

beach bum
07-03-2009, 09:44 AM

Started my mini challenge of 2 shakes and a meal today to sandwich the 4th of July holiday and on Sunday I will do the 2 part of the challenge with 2 shakes & a meal to see if what my Monday W-I will bring.

So far I'm feeling full and I not snacking or looking for foods to eat,that's a plus.and its 9:30 and I had breakfast 3 hrs ago.

SLOANE-Thanks:thanks: I will keep a watchful eye for the ARC.:lol:,but today it just cloudy and no rain in the forecast,hopefully that will be the same tomorrow when all the parades and firework displays are scheduled. Planing to go out this Tuesday to Marshal's to neighboring town. I always have luck in that store,our TJ Max is a b store and has noting I would be seen dead in. Thanks for the congrats I hope it will stay that way until Mondays W-I.

COCO-You might not see this post but I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July camping trip weekend.Thanks for the congrats,see you Monday.

RHONDA-That salad does sound delish,and cooling. I love fruit salads. Going to make a citrus salad for tonight's supper along with my shake.

SANDRA- OH NO!!! that's not the kind of weather I'm looking for .How did you mange to stay cool in the 104%???I just looking for some sun but you can keep the H H&H days of summer. Just don't like that stuff,That's the reason I moved to the north,be away from that kind of heat. Sorry about your DH Curtis having a pinched nerve in his back. WOW I feel the pain as I went thought that for 2 months with a sciatic nerve that a disc in my lower back was hitting.Hope the doctor can bring some relief to the pain.

VICKIE-I do know grieving will take a while to heal,but being with us can make it easier to post,by letting your feeling OUT. Not planning anything tomorrow either is going to be every quite just Leo & I have a BBQ of Hamburgers & homemade potato salad[I make mine with oil & vinegar] Do to all the tourist in town we are going to stay home an watch the gold tournament than later on in the evening watch the Boston Pops and the fireworks display.

Vickie
07-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Sandra, I'm sorry I missed the post about Curtis' back. I hope you get an answer with an easy remedy from the MRI. Give him a gentle hug and my best wishes from me.

TechAlum
07-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been around after saying I was starting over. But for some reason I just couldn't get back in the groove and then I've been feeling ill this week. I did end up loosing 1 lb last week, but then this morning I was up 4 :eek:. We'll see what Monday's official wi brings.

We don't have any big plans for the holiday weekend. Tomorrow a winery we like that's about 1 - 1.5 hrs away is having a bbq and blues fest so we're planning on heading out there for the afternoon. My SIL and her husband are planning on coming with us. Should be fun. Next weekend will be busier, we're having the in-laws over for a picnic on Sat and then heading across the border to Canada for a concert on Sunday. Provided my new license shows up so I can get back. I forgot to renew my passport and it was cheaper and faster to get an enhanced drivers license, it should come next week.

Sandra - sorry to hear about Curtis, hope he's feeling better. You'll love those decks when they're done.

Sloan & Coco - enjoy your vacations.

Rhonda - You're an exercising fiend. I've gotta get my but to the gym and try out the spinning, you make it sound like fun.

Vicki - Hang in there things will get better.

Maryanne - enjoy your relaxing weekend.

Paula - :wave:

Well, I'm off to walk the dog. The sun has finally come out here, supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

Have a great holiday everyone if I don't make it back.

:flow1:Tech:flow1:

sloanie
07-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey chicks-the pool party was very relaxing with very nice weather, good friends, and ww margaritas. I stayed within my point allowance, too. I was very proud of that. I know I have lost some, but won't know exactly until Monday or Tuesday when I get to a meeting. We are in Johnson City this weekend to party tomorrow with DD and her housemates. We got to visit with her tonight and will spend the day tomorrow then go home on Sunday. So far, I have saved about thirty of my wpa's so tomorrow should go well. I don't plan to go crazy, but it's nice to have a little "wiggle" room.

Rhonda I got the rebounder, but did not get a chance to put it together before we left. I am looking forward to using it when we get home.

Sandra I hope Curtis is feeling better and y'all get good news from the MRI

Donna glad to see you back. Have a good time with your family activities

Vickie I was so glad to see your post. I'm with Maryann, you need to keep posting. We are all thinking about you and want to hear from you.

Maryann good luck with the challenge. Can't wait to hear how it worked.

Coco hope your camping trip is great. ENJOY

Paula hope you have a great holiday. How is your mom doing?

Got to give the laptop back to ds so I'll try to check in tomorrow. Happy fourth everyone

beach bum
07-04-2009, 09:28 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/16.gifHAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAYhttp://bestsmileys.com/usa1/16.gif

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend celebrating our country's birthday

Nothing new, just going to have a quite 4th with maybe a burger of two,on 1 onion roll with home made potato salad with oil & vinegar as its base.

TECH-Sorry about your not being OP like you wanted to,but here's{{{{{{{{:goodvibes:good vibes:goodvibes:}}}}}}} for Mondays W-I.Have a good time at that BBQ today and in Canada next weekend. We'll be in Canada next Sunday also,but in the Prince Edward Island Part. I'll :wave: to you,it it not to cloudy.Thanks going to be on the patio all day sunning myself while crocheting my throw.We're finally having beautiful weather the sun shinning & the cool breezes are blowing.

SLOANIE-Glad you had a OP pool party,:crossed: my fingers that you have a good weigh in this Mon or Tuesday.So Far so good with the shake & meal challenge.I not hungry with the shakes,but I'm only going to it for two day,Fri & Sun to sandwich the holiday.

Have agreat weekend ladies,I'll be back to lurk later on,just to see how you gals are doing.

Vickie
07-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks and.........

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

I'm getting ready to go to a BBQ at the Niece/NIL's house today. Just the Great Nieces and Nephews and my Sister and BIL. It should be great fun since I haven't seen the kids since before they went to Disney. I made a WW blueberry crumble pie. Triple yummy! It's only going to be a high of 69 today, definitely one our our cooler Fourth of July holidays. I'll eat JC until the BBQ and then I plan to eat a chicken breast with some FF pasta salad and maybe a piece of corn. Then pie for dessert!

3 off program meals this week are probably going to be a problem for me since I still haven't thrown myself back on the treadmill yet since before we went to get Sara. There's still time today and tomorrow. I need some encouraging!

Have a great day everyone!

sloanie
07-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Happy fourth all! Just hangin' out with my family today. Saved most of my wpa's for today, so I should be fine. I am journaling all of my food, though.

Vickie-How about some activity with the fam today? Maybe a walk or swimming; anything to get moving. It sounds like you have your food plan organized for today. Also, I'm glad to see you posted again. Keep it up!

Maryann-Enjoy your nice weather! I'm glad to hear that you are not hungry with the shakes!

Hope the rest of you have a fabulous/festive day :sunny:

Vickie
07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh...I'll be moving! Those Great Nieces and Nephew don't like to see Auntie Vickie sit down too long.

TechAlum
07-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Just popped in to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. Before heading out to walk the dog and then off to the winery/bbq.

:wave:Have a great weekend All :wave:

-Tech

Tejas
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Happy 4th everyone!

We're being lazy today, except for my going to spinning this morning. I'm going to do three days in a row, or at least I'm going to try!

We'll be having turkey franks, beans and potato salad..not a Core day, but what the heck? :dunno:

Everybody hang it there...we'll make it!!!

Rhonda

ontarget
07-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Curtis and I are rebooting at midnight. But what else is new?

Happy 4th, everyone!!

beach bum
07-05-2009, 08:45 AM

Hope everyone had a great 4th, Leo & I were watching the golf tournament and TIGER is tide with Anthony Kim for first place.

After we had our BBQ and than we watched the Boston Esplanade with fireworks and than we went to sleep.

We're having such great weather the temps are going to be in the low 70's again with the sun smiling down at us. What an ideal summer for us.Not to hot and not to cold,just nice.

VICKIE-Having you family with you and enjoying the day is what a holiday is for.I'm sure once You're back on the JC program, you'll be losing again.

SLOANE-Tomorrow I'm going back to counting calories, these shakes were just a mere way to keep my calories low before and after the 4th.[sandwiching the holiday was an old WW trick] I don't think they healthy on the long run,but to use then the way I did, no need to worry.

TECH-Thanks we did,hope yours was nice also.Gee!! I haven't been to a winery in years.Love going to those wineries & factories,as its interesting how they make the products we use every day.

RHONDA-Glad you had a relaxing,one day is not going to hurt just use the WPA's instead.

SANDRA-:wave: Glad that you both rebooted whatever that it ???? Hope it worked.

Have a great Sunday

Tejas
07-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Good Morning:

We had a nice 4th, quiet and relaxing. I've missed the hoopla around the 4th of July, living here in Canada, but soon we'll have it back again when we move.

This morning's spinning teacher is nick-named "Killer" and I learned why today. I've never had him before, and I don't think I will again :yikes: I hear that he's moving to London, England anyway.

I hope everyone had a good 4th and that today will be a pleasure for you. It's the 30th anniversary of my Daddy's death. We had such a party in his hospital room on the 4th of July in 1979; I know that he waited a day for us to have the party with him!

Rhonda

Vickie
07-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad you all had a great/happy 4th of July. I was better yesterday than on the 3 other off program meals I had during the week. I see some damage on the scale but hope it will be gone tomorrow.

I will weigh in no matter what. And, I'm back on program starting now.

blessedwithsarah
07-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. The weather FINALLY got nice! We took DD to the fireworks on Friday night -- I think they were the best show yet. The town we go to has an Ikea store,when they opened the store there were issues with zoning ect. Well, now they do a nice donation to the town's events committee. I think last year was the first year and the fireworks were so much better than prior years. But this year it was even better! I just love going to fireworks. Saturday went to my sister's for a cookout. I didnot even think about program for the past few days. It was a really beautiful day and we had a great time.

The scale was WAY up today -- thats what happens when I stop thinking about what I'm eating and not weigh myself everyday. So, today I'm back strickt on plan. Of my 23 points today, I've used 16 and I'm done for the day. I need to get back on track quickly. I did go for my power walk this morning. I've been running during it for over a week now. I'm surprised that my stamena has improved in that short time. When I started doing this I could run 2 or maybe 3 telephone poles and then needed to walk for a few. The last 1/3 of the walk I just couldn't run anymore. Well, today I was able to run 3-4 telephone pole and kept doing that all the way. I could feel the improvment. What was a 45 minute walk, I finished in 35 minutes today. I'm happy! We then went to a local parade. It was wonderful! It must have lasted about 45 minutes, which was much longer than prior years. I just love parades -- the fire engines are my favorite part :)

I need to go back catch up with everyone. I'll be posting daily as well, checking in here also helps me stay on track. Have a great night. Tomorrow is a new week!