100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 29 June - 5 July

nicolen
06-29-2009, 02:33 AM
And we are now officially half way through the year. Well, OK, on Wednesday we're halfway through the year, but even so... That's scary!

Apologies for my absence last week - I let a couple of stupid little things get on top of me, then the Michael Jackson news really knocked me as well. It's quite strange - I've never been a fan of his, don't own any of his music, but it really shocked me. Anyway, I'm back now and I won't go MIA this week!

Things are going well for me. The gym is still going well, even if yummy trainer needs to be renamed - he put all my weights up on Friday and I'm really feeling it. Work is going OK - after tomorrow we'll be in a new financial year, so we're kind of holding our breath that nothing's going to happen to affect our bottom line further. And I went through my wardrobe over the weekend. Talk about utter chaos - I didn't realise I owned so many clothes! Still, I've managed to get rid of a lot of things that are too big for me, and I've moved a lot of things that either fit me perfectly or nearly fit me to the front of the wardrobe and the top of the drawers.

I'm not going to do personals tonight - you all talked too much for me to catch up on! I'll leave some hugs for those who need them, and just let you all know I'm thinking of you!

Take care - I'll talk to you tomorrow!

mj5
06-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Nicolen--I cannot believe we are flying through this year!!! No apologies needed! Things happen...I would say things are going fantastic for you!!!! Good for you for cleaning out your clothes! I need to do that, but I want to want until I start loosing again....I feel better about cleaning out when I am loosing...if that makes any sense at all!

Jab--I thought of you on Thursday when I was heading to the mall....I saw LOTS of motorcycles. It was a gorgeous day and looked like lots of people were out for a ride. I know you said you didn't do as well as you would have liked, but you know what...I bet you had a great time w/ your friends! That's what is important!

This morning I have a drs appt to go over my bloodwork that I had done last week. I am sure the #'s will be fine (they always are)...BUT I am NOT looking forward to hopping on the scale in the drs office. I always weigh heavier there and I have gained since my last visit. I am not proud of that, but I am back on track, it just isn't showing on the scale yet. The good news is, I can talk to the dr about what I have been doing/not doing/and now doing again. She is fabulous and very supportive.

Hi to everyone else!

I am going to the gym right after work--legs/back weights and cardio. I need to drink LOTS of water...I am really bloated today...not sure what I ate yesterday that had so much sodium, but I am feeling it today!

Have a great OP day everyone!

mj5
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi again! Ok, so my drs appt went really well. b/w #'s are good, which is good--except Vit D...which is on the low side. We had a great talk about weight loss and how it is a journey and the most important thing is that I have NOT given up. We talked about what I am doing and what my plan is to progress. Very positive experience. I have to go back in 6 months--repeat b/w and if vit D is still low, then I will have to take an extra supplement. I have had to do that before, so not a huge deal there.

I am having a hard time getting into the 'groove' at work, but that's what happens after a few days off and then coming in late on top of it! Oh well...I am at least organized and ready to jump in to my projects...just wanted to pop in here quick during lunch.

Have a great day...I need to go fill up my water bottle again.

Slashnl
06-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Had a good workout, but not a good weigh in. I went up, just a little, by .2 lbs. I'm hoping it is because TOM is here 5 days early. (whatever!) It actually will be better this way because we're going camping next weekend. Still, not liking it.

Nicolen: Glad to see you again! You could always call him "yummy yet evil" trainer.

MJ: Sounds like pretty good news at the doc! Good for you.

Hi to everyone else!

CLCSC145
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi all!

Well, this was the first week of my cooking for myself and I was down 4 pounds. Must have done something right! I've been a bit blue of late and I am worried that I may be put back on my depression meds. I don't know why that bothers me so much - I guess it just makes me feel broken in some way. Oh well, enough of that!

Let's all have a great week, shall we?

mj5
06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi again! I was running late (shocker, right?!), but I did go to the gym. I did 30 mins of cardio...it was all I had time for. I was sweating up a storm! It felt GREAT!!! I want to lift weights tomorrow AND do cardio.

Diane--I am sure the stupid scale is because of TOM...and like you said..MUCH better now than next weekend!

CC--FANTASTIC, 4lbs down!!! You certainly did something right!!!! You are not broken. If you need meds for depression, then you need them. It's a chemical imbalance, that does not make you broken. Yes...enough of that! LOL! ;) Take care of yourself. I had to go on anti-anxiety meds for a while. I didn't like it (so I can kind-of relate to the 'broken' feeling), but I HATED the way I felt w/out the meds. If I need them again, I'll take them again.

I need to remember to call my ortho tomorrow...my knee is acting up again (still?)...so time to go see him for another injection.

Hi to everyone else! Pop in and let us know how you are doing!!!!

nicolen
06-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi everyone,

So, not the best day today. I went down with a migrane late last night, didn't get a lot of sleep, so flagged the gym and work. Boss was really understanding which is not like him. I must have sounded really miserable when I rang in - either that or the fact that it's only my third sick day this year. I'm feeling OK now - there's still a bit of a headache behind my eyes and I'm feeling a bit seedy thanks to all the meds I took, but I should be find after a good night's sleep.

So exercise has been nil and diet - well, I've hardly eaten today for obvious reasons, so I can't really give myself a pass mark on that either. But these things happen, right?

MJ, 30 minutes of cardio is better than nothing!

Diane, these things happen and once TOM comes, you'll have a big loss to report.

CC, go you with the cooking! And it's better to go back on the depression meds than struggle through and end up in a worse place than you were - trust me, I've been there.

Everyone else, hi!

Have fun everyone!

jab91864
06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi to everyone !!

CC, if you were on meds that worked for you before you really should give them another go around. I understand the broken scenario, but sometimes we can't fix it without a little help. The mind is very complex and rules the rest of our body.
4 lbs down is great news and something definitely to be proud of. The right attitude or feeling about life in general can do wonders as you know so I wish you the best of luck because I know how horribly crappy life can be when you just can't get your head above water so you don't feel as if you are drowning emotionally. :hug:

mj5, my dr put me on mega doses of vitamin d last year. I recently read an article that I found interesting. For years we have been told to slather up with sunscreen to avoid the evil rays that cause skin cancer. The report went on to say they believe there to be a correlation between the reports of low vitamin d and sunscreen ... meaning we aren't getting enough vitamin d thru the sun because we are avoiding it by sunscreen use. It actually made a lot of sense broken down on that level. I am very fair with freckles so I typically burn if I don't slather up...lol

Well I am back on track after my weekend. It was a mixed time for me. I cried about my bike and the fact that I can't ride at this stage in my life. It's as if a part of me is dieing slowly inside. My last two motorcycles were at the event which made it hard. I thought I was doing pretty good until a girl I have known for 20+ yrs (I use to work for her father so I remember when she was just a kid) came up to me and said Wow, Julie I hate to see you like this as she was rubbing my back. I was staring at my bike I sold late last year. Of course my chin started to quiver and I had to excuse myself.

Then we made the decision to cancel our vacation in the fall. We were booked on a Hogs on the High Seas charity cruise. We went last year and had a great time (it was suppose to be a once in a lifetime vacation for us) but it was so great we booked for this year before leaving the ship. But we've just fallen so far down financially with the current job(s) situation it can't be helped. There are some hurt feelings about that but relief as well because I was sweating the financial pressure of it. We had put off booking motels and buying airfare until we saw how the year was playing out.

But I am trying to hold my chin up , reminding myself of the many blessings I do have and how lucky I am compared to many I know at this time. I am also happy I stayed on track yesterday with my plan :D

Yesterday's food....

mon 6/29/09

pineapple (fresh)
water

triscuits
water

sugar snap pea and pepper stir fry veggie mix
Morningstar Italian sausage
Cottage cheese
water

sf pudding
water

? yummy yet evil trainer huh, I musta missed reading a few posts...lol

Hope everyone has a great day and makes the most of it !!!!!!!

mj5
06-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Good Morning! I am only working today and tomorrow...then I have Thurs, Fri, Sa, Sun, and Mon off...Yippee....I am going to have a terrible time working a full week after all of these long weekends!!! LOL!!! I am going shopping w/ a friend on Thurs...a total girls day--can't wait!!! Then another friend is coming up from out of state. It's going to be a great weekend. The only downside, is dh has to work all weekend.

nicolen--Oh sweetie, I hope you feel better! Migraines are horrible.

jab--My doctor has been checking my vit D level for years (actually it's his "thing"....he checks everyone) Good for you for getting right back on track after your weekend! I am so sorry that there was so much sadness too. Hopefully you can do something nice for yourself. It won't be the same as the vacation you had planned, but something less expensive. Overall, you sound like you are doing fantastic!!!! Keep it up!

My knee is REALLY bad today. I am going to call the ortho as soon as the office opens. Ugh. Really sick of this, but maybe he'll have some info for me....doubtful, but maybe.....

mj5
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone. Accountability time.... No gym for me today. My knee is bad, real bad. Right now I have an ice pack AND I took the big pain meds. I'll take more before bed so I can sleep. I have an ortho appt, but not for 2 weeks. Tomorrow WILL be a better day!

nicolen
07-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Well, it was a better day today - yay! I'm still feeling a little bit seedy, but I made it to work and got a walk in, so that's something at least.

Work went well - we've started the new financial year off well so far, touch wood, and somewhat amazingly we made part of our team target, so that'll be some money come August. Money good!

Tomorrow, I'll go to the gym and I've got meetings from 10:30 till 3 at work. Fun fun fun.

Julie, sorry you had to cancel your trip, but you're right - there's so much to be grateful for. And who knows - this time next year you may well be on that cruise!

MJ, you're doing well with these long weekends! Have an awesome time, and I hope your knee feels better.

Everyone else, hi!

The menu today

B - cheese on toast

S - 2 mandarins

L - sushi

S - muesli bar

D - chicken stirfry - chicken, rice, vegies.

I'd better go make dinner.

Have fun!

Beverlyjoy
07-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Hi - quick hello...my back is hurting and it hurts to sit at the computer. Hope all is well. I'll try later.

Have a GREAT day.!

jab91864
07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Yesterday was busy, busy at work, today should be even busier... it makes it harder to be happy about it...lol.

My daughter (middle child who moved back home) got a job which makes me very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

mj5, beverlyjoy, and nicolen.... I hope today you all feel much better !!!

Yesterday's food...

tues. 6/30/09

omelet spinach / mushroom/ mstar crumbles/ tomatoes
sm boiled potato
water

triscuits
water

craisins
lf yogurt
water

Mstar spicy black bean burger w/ mustard
Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash bread (1/2 pc)
Ff cheese
Water

Sf pudding
water

GirlyGirlSebas
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Friends. Just checking in. I've not been on-plan for a while now, so I've just been lurking periodically. I'll get it together here soon.

MJ and Beverly - I'm so sorry to hear that the two of your are in pain. I hope you find relief soon.

CC - I have suffered with depression since my early teens. Sometimes, it just takes a 2-3 months on the medicine to bring my chemicals back into balance. A few months of meds versus being depressed.....seems like an easy decision, right? Do what you need to do for yourself. You deserve to enjoy your life. I speak for myself here, too. I've decided that I probably need to go back on the medicine for a while, too. I've been using sugar to feed my emotions, but it's not working well.

Hello to everyone else.

Slashnl
07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Hmmm. I guess I never did get back on here yesterday. I never posted anything! It was a busy, busy day. And.... accountability time.... I had a crappy day with food. I haven't been able to blame anything on TOM over the past few months, but I really believe that it has been attacking me this time. So, bad day yesterday, but moving on today. I'm back on track. Great workout this morning and I'm going to the spin class tomorrow.

Rhonda: Good to see you again. I'm so glad you posted.

Jab: Glad to hear about your daughter! Jobs are good!!!

Beverly: Hang in there! I hope your back starts feeling better soon.

Nicolen: I'd say to have fun at your meetings, but that isn't too easy to do! Just have a good day!

MJ: Tomorrow will be better! I hope your knee quits hurting!!

CLCSC145
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi all!

Well, we'll see what my doctor says next week, but my therapist's suggestion is not to go back on the medication because she thinks it helps to mask the feelings that I already don't want to feel or talk about. I don't like talking about feelings unless they are happy ones - that was never something that was done in my family. She thinks that so long as it's not debilitating and I'm being monitored, then I need to experience them and work through them. Yuck. She's probably right.

On a different note, I do have to step up the exercise. It's been hot and muggy here so I haven't wanted to walk outside, but that's why I got the treadmill. Today I'm off to get my hair cut and colored. I know not having roots showing will improve my mood somewhat!

Sorry to hear some of you are hurting - I hope you all feel better very soon! GREAT to see you Rhonda!!

nicolen
07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey lovelies,

It's going to be a quick post tonight because I am hungry and have Pride and Prejudice waiting in the DVD player - Colin Firth, mmm!

I went to the gym and had a good workout - cardio today. I really felt like I pushed myself, so that's got to be good. Work was OK - one of my meetings finished late thanks to 2 of the participants arriving late, so management aren't all that happy about that. There is going to be trouble, but it's written in my contract, so if they want to make a fuss, I can point them to the wording and if they still want to make a fuss - well, HR are my friends.

Tomorrow it's yummy trainer and yeah. We'll see how I feel after tomorrow's workout. And it's Friday - yay!

Beverly, hope your back is feeling better now!

Julie, yay for your daughter getting a job - once she's able to pay you board, hopefully it'll help the financial situation a bit.

Rhonda, it's fantastic to see you. Please do post, even if you're struggling - I always love to hear what you have to say!

Diane, go you with the spin class! It's awesome fun! Our instructor is fantastic - we had a Michael Jackson tribute last week, so I'm interested to see what he comes up with this week.

CC, it's a difficult one really. Personally, I'd lean towards going on meds till you're back on keel, but it's about what's right for you, not me. Sending lots of hugs and happy thoughts.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

mj5
07-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day! It's rainy and gloomy here today, but I am having a girls shopping day w/ my best friend. I cannot wait! She even found a sitter for her little girl, so it's just us, which doesn't happen often! We are going to shop, have lunch, and shop....and we don't have to censor our conversation b/c her little girl won't be there! LOL!!! (Don't get me wrong, I love her little girl and she is a blast to spend time with, but we hardly ever get to spend time just the two of us, so this will be a treat!)

nicolen--So glad you are feeling better! Yea, these long weekends are great! I probably should have spaced them out a bit, but it's been SO nice!!! Hope the work stuff doesn't get too bad...but it's always nice to have friends in HR!!!

Beverlyjoy--I was just wondering about you! So glad you popped in. Sorry to hear your back is hurting!

jab--Hope work went ok! Congrats to your daughter!

Rhonda--So VERY glad to see you back here! Check in when you can. We are here for you when you are ready to come back. I have been struggling too, but I refuse to give up! Great advice to CC!

Diane--Ok, today is a new day w/ food! How was spin class today?

CC--What your therapist said makes sense, doesn't sound fun, but makes sense. Just remember that if you feel you need the meds--even to take the edge off, then do it. There is no reason to feel icky. Personally, I would probably want at least a low dose of meds just to take the edge off, but that's just me. You have to do what is right for you. Get on that treadmill!!! That will help too. How did your hair appt go? Wow...we have so much in common...I had a hair appt yesterday too! For me it was just a trim. I'll get color next time. I wish my hair stylist would do my hair every day! He makes it look SO good w/ minimal effort!!!

I had a blast at my hair appt yesterday. I have been going to the same person for years. He invited me to go w/ him to a salsa cardio class sometime. I may take him up on it. He says it's a blast. He said you learn the salsa steps, but it's an awesome cardio workout too. I think I am going to use that as my next reward to myself....it's only $10 for 1 1/2 hour class. It sounds fun!

Schmoodle--How are you????

Ok, I really need to get myself ready for my shopping trip. Have a great OP day everyone!!!

jab91864
07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm running late today ladies, got caught up doing laundry...lol.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Mj5 ~ sounds like you are in for a very fun day, enjoy !!!! The salsa thing sounds like fun!

nicolen ~ If she would pay her long distance phone bill and her share of the auto insurance it would be an improvement. Hopefully the job lasts thru the summer. She starts back to school again end of August.

Gotta fly....

Yesterday's food...

wed. 7/1/09

peach
nectarine
lf yogurt
sprinkle muesli
water

triscuits
water

rice cake snacks (caramel)
diet vernors

sugar snap pea and pepper stir fry veggie mix
Morningstar Italian sausage
Cottage cheese
water

almonds
water

Schmoodle
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Hello chicks, sorry I've been absent for a while. There is just so much going on this summer, I don't know if I'll be able to make it in here as much as I used to. But I promise to drop in as much as I can and keep up with you all.

It is very depressing to realize the year is half gone and I've made so little progress on my weight loss journey so far this year. :( new month, new fresh start, right?

We had a nice long weekend at the beach, which we really needed because Friday before we left I found one of our kitties dead in my neighbor's front yard, so things started off on a very sad note.

Even though we got back Monday night, I still haven't finished packing and haven't attacked the laundry. I had a busy couple of days at work and had to go to Quantico yesterday. Plus, I've had a pounding headache. It was so bad on the beltway yesterday I had to pull over. Today it seems much better, hopefully I can get rid of it completely.

I'm looking forward to another long weekend, as DH and I are both off tomorrow. DH said he plans to take the kids to the pool. I'm psyched about Saturday too, DH works on a ship that's docked in Baltimore Harbor, and we can go on it to watch the fireworks. He says we'll be able to see the barge they shoot from. I'm going to pack a nice picnic, and the kids will enjoy getting a tour of the ship. I love having a great fireworks viewing spot without having to be in the crowds. One year we watched from the roof of the Science Center in Baltimore, and one year I was working at Naval Research Lab in DC, on the Anacostia River, and we took a picnic down to the river bank for the 4th. Great vantage point and we didn't even see any dead bodies float by.

Food was not great over the weekend, too many treats (probably the reason for the headache). Yesterday was better, and I've been drinking lots of water. Today I have to get clean again. I'm very motivated, as I feel like crap.

Beverly, CLCSC, and mj, hugs and take care of yourselves.
jab, I've got one that age, I am trying to boot her out of the nest. She has a job and actually has moved out, but she is still very dependent on us. sorry you had to cancel your vaca.
nicolen, so he's evil trainer now, is he?
How are things going Rhonda?
Hi slashni!

Sorry for the novel!

mj5
07-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Good Morning! I had a fabulous time yesterday w/ my friend! It was great to catch up and just have girl-talk! I found some super-cute shirts for super-cheap (like $5 and $6!!!) One of them has a spanx-like tummy-control panel in the front. I LOVE it! If I had noticed it, I would have bought another one! It's a shirt I can wear in the summer and then later, under a jacket. I also found a red purse. I have wanted a red purse for a looooong time, but hadn't found the 'right' red. I found one at Bon Ton for $12!!! I LOVE it! It was funny, my friend saw it and came to tell me she found a purse that was 'me' and I already had one in my hand! LOL! Even dh likes it! Guess he has finally given in to my purse obsession....of course he totally appreciates that I bargain shop for them--and that I keep them so I can switch back and forth often (I have friends to are obsessed w/ Coach and other brands....I just really can't bring myself to spend that much...although I like them, I just can't spend that much).

jab--Oh boy, laundry...I need to do that myself!

Schmoodle--No apologies needed! Pop in when you can! I am so very sorry about your kitty. I hope your headache is better. That is awesome about the fireworks!!! have a great time! Exactly, new month, new start. I have been struggling, too. We will get it together.

Today I need to get groceries--the store is going to be packed....I am hoping that going in the morning, it won't be too bad....AND I need to do some serious cleaning! One of my friends is coming over tomorrow to learn how to make a couple of super easy kinda-healthy deserts. I gave her the recipe for one and she didn't make it right once before, so I told her the next time I was making it, she could come over and we would make it together. She and her dh are going to her parents tomorrow, so it works out perfect. Kinda makes me laugh that I am giving someone "lessons" since I do not think of myself of a great cook, but whatever! My dad would be super proud!!!! Especially since these were two of his favorite deserts!

Wow....I guess I am super-chatty this am!

I am going to do a workout dvd today because I have lots to do and am not sure when I would squeeze in a trip to the gym.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

jab91864
07-03-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm sooooooooo glad it's Friday, my feet are killing me!!!

Somewhere along the way last wkend I lost my work shoes. Most of my comfy shoes either have a skulls or are the wrong color or such and they can't be worn at work.
Anyway I have searched high and low and can only figure that I left my work shoes somewhere at the property last wkend on the getaway. This is what happens when they make you work late and you have to hurry to catch up with everybody else.

Anyway I had a new pair of plain black skaters that I did a basketweave on the laces to dress them up...I hate to be like everybody else. Anyway I have been wearing the new black skaters and they are fine till my feet start to swell and then my baby toe rubs. No blisters but the bone feels like it is about to pop out of the skin. I am going to either find my work shoes at the property this weekend or find another pair. I stopped last night to buy new shoes but nothing that would pass muster. I live in a rural area so I will have to go for a drive if I have to buy new shoes...lol.

Anyway hope everyone has a great Friday and kicks off the holiday right!! No big plans on this end yet.

Schmoodle, I am sorry about your kittie !!

Yesterday's food...

thurs. 7/2/09

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash bread (1/2 pc)
Turkey ham
peach
water

triscuits
water

rice cake snacks
diet rootbeer

quinoa
tomatoes
mushrooms
cottage cheese
water

banana
almonds
water

mj5
07-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Good Morning! Happy 4th of July! Anyone have plans?

jab--ouchie...sore feet is NO fun! My husband has BIG, FLAT feet (seriously....size 14, w/ basically no arch). He used to work in a factory and his work boots were a huge deal....I hope you find your work shoes!!! He still has to be careful what kind of shoes he wears. I know he used to soak his feet in Epsom salts and hot water when they were sore and he said that always helped.

nicolen--How are you?

Beverlyjoy--I hope your back is feeling better!

Diane--How are you?

CC--Been on that treadmill lately? ;)

Hi to everyone else!!!!

Well, I had to step off and on the scale three times, but I am down two lbs!! YIPPEE! Now, my 'official' weigh in day is still Monday, so I am hoping I will see the same loss (if not more) by then, but it is SO nice to finally see some kind of a loss on the stupid scale!

Last night I went to see my friend and her family who is up from Georgia. It was great to see them! We may get together later today, but we are definitely getting together on Monday, so that will be fun.

I am going to do my best to eat well today. We are having a picnic at my sister's house today. I know the menu and it sounds fairly healthy---well, a lot of it isnt', but the good thing is, most of the unhealthy stuff, I don't really like, so that makes it easier!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

jab91864
07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
mj5 ~ Congrats on the scale moving !! I know I did the same thing this morning. Get on, get off, get on, get off, get back on.... "huh" then smile...lol. It feels good to see it move in the right direction. Best of luck on the picnic.

I am going to have dinner with friends as well. Had wanted to do scallops and shrimp on the grill for me but the scallops looked icky at the market. So I plan to have a large portion of salad, quinoa, and asparagus with a small portion of steak. I considered getting a nice pc of salmon to grill but again no luck finding anything that even resembled fresh. If I don't find my shoes I plan to make the drive to shop tomorrow , in which case I am going to try to score some sea food for me... I am craving.

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Yesterday's food....

fri 7/3/09

watermelon
water

yogurt
sprinkle muesli
water

triscuits
water

rice cake snacks
diet vernors

quinoa
tomatoes
mushrooms
steamed veggies mixed
bocca chicken pattie
water

banana
almonds
water

small sliver of pizza (no pepperoni or sausage just cheese & pineapple)

mj5
07-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Hello! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I have been awake since 3am....stupid knee. Definitely a nap in my future! Lol! Probably going to lay low today. Dh is off (finally) so we'll just throw something on the grill. We got some coupons for free on-demand movies from our cable company so we'll probably catch a movie or two today.

Have a great OP day!

Slashnl
07-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi all! It's been a good weekend here. I actually had off on Friday, but I went in anyway to try to get caught up. I made a lot of progress, but still have a ways to go this week. It is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have interruptions! Yesterday we took our horses up in the mountains for a ride. What a great time with the kids. I was very sore last night though because it has been awhile since I've been riding. Can you say "saddle sore"?? Anyway, one more day today to do all the boring stuff, laundry and the grocery store. But it's been a nice weekend. My son has his All Star tournament starting tomorrow. Should be a fun week!!

MJ - Sorry to hear about your knee! You take that nap. I might need one too, just to support you!!

Jab - Enjoy the steak! I love grilled steak!!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

jab91864
07-05-2009, 06:12 PM
mj5 ~ sorry the knee is still giving you grief, weren't you considering having a cortisone shot for it ? Although a lot of times all that will do is take the edge off the pain. Hope the rest of the day goes a little better and the nap helps you feel refreshed.

Slashnl ~ sounds as if you have a busy week all the way around. I haven't ridden since my teen years but I can imagine you are very sore, but in a good way!!

Well I got a huge guilt complex about the steak. Stopped at a small market and bought a chicken breast for me to take to the cook out. Worked out well as I was able to enjoy my meal without feeling badly. Of course I did snitch a bite of steak but that is way better than the whole thing... they were huge steaks.

I bought the rye loaf on request. Bread is my crack and I went from sniffing it to having toast in a matter of hours. Heck I was imagining the toast for atleast 2 hrs before I caved and fired up the toaster. Had another pc this morning and then promptly got rid of it. I can pass up the cheap white bread but give me a good quality heavy bread and I am all over it. I was like you take this bread home with you or I am feeding it to the chickens right now....lol.

All in all it has been a good wkend and I am content with my food intake and choices. I purposely started my day off yesterday with low intake because I figured I was going to crash and burn on a massive rib eye

Yesterday's food...
sat 7/4/09

sf pudding
banana
water

large mixed fruit bowl
grilled chicken breast
red potato baked on grill ~ no butter
corn cob ~ yes butter
1 bite of steak (from somebody else’s plate)
Water

1 shot of jack daniels put in my sf lemonade

2 pcs rye toast w/butter
Sf lemonade