Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #1  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Default Closet shopping

So far, through shopping in my own closet, I have found and worn: two pairs of jeans, a pair of denim capris, two camisoles, and a blue velvet jacket (sounds awful, but looks really cute on me).

After a long break, I'm actually putting together outfits again rather than just wearing whatever fits. And I can't wait to keep going and get into some more of my old clothes.

What have you discovered shopping in your closet as the weight has dropped off?
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

LOL, for me it's been more like, dang, I *thought* I still had XYZ in here somewhere!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

nothing. I was 377 lbs for a long time (10 years) so had LONG since given those "thinner" clothes away.

Now ask me about the treasure trove I'm finding in my hubby's closet
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #4  
~jus' being me~

I love shopping in my own wardobe!!!!!! My favourite thing is when you put something on that you bought eons ago and never fit into (you know, I will fit into this one day and its too cute for me not to buy it . . . ) and you think for a moment that it may still be too small for you but when you try it on you realise that its toooo big! I love when my "skinny" clothes become my fat clothes

Last edited by Madison; 06-29-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I gave away the majority of my slim clothes about 8 months ago; shame, when I started losing weight again 5 months ago buy hey.

However, of what I have left, I had so many recovered Tshirts that I barely had to go shopping for my vacation this month! but not really. There have also been a couple of occasions when I found something I'd forgotten and have missed the wearing window of opportunity, because it's too big now. Resolved to check the closet more often!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #6  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Right before I restarted on this journey to a thinner me, I went through my closet and got it ready for my soon-to-be-shopping-needs. I did get rid of a bunch of stuff and only kept the really cute things and lots of things that I have never worn yet. I can't wait to start wearing these clothes. More importantly I can't wait for these clothes to be too big on me so I can get rid of them and fill my closet with the styles that have only lived in my dreams. It will happen!!!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #7  
~jus' being me~

It will DEFINITELY happen!!!!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have loved shopping in the closet in my guest bedroom where I stored all my old clothes. I have enjoyed the blazers that I bought for work the last time I lost weight. I am wearing my last ones and look forward to an empty closet!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #9  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

This is what I am soooooo looking forward to. I have sooo many things in my closest that I will be able to wear as the weight continues to fall off and I just can not wait. But I have managed to get into most of my tops, now that the girls are getting so small.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5ft6'

I have a few things in each size from 24 to 18. Then I have a huge box of stuff from when I was 200lbs (at a previous weight loss) and size 15/16. Hope to be in them before the year is out. But I am a tomboy and would also love to fit into some of my hubby's stuff. He is only a 32 waist tho. So that will be a while. I used to wear his cloths when we first started dating. But I was a 28/30 waist and 120lbs LMAO.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote