Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #1  

Cool new and fed up (ha, ha!)

hey, everyone...I am 52 and 200 lbs. I have real trouble with motivation. Thinking on swimming as a "new" way to try losing and hired a personal trainer who I then canceled on numerous times. I have 10 sessions left with him. When I work out I do get results, although now I have bad knees and no core strength. I feel this is my swan song. At my age I have to "get it" and work out regardless of my non-existent motivation. I am a child of the 60-70's, immediate gratification is my boondoggle. I almost purchased slimforce7 pills because they said I could lose my 40 lbs. in a month. We all know this is BS. This is my first blog, ever. I am hoping I can keep on talking about my weight until I actually do something about it...I am sad because I have great potential, a positive force on earth, a great lover of life and my weight has caused me to denigrate and criticize myself. Old and repetitive story mine may be but I need help.

Last edited by phoenix3; 06-28-2009 at 04:46 PM.
phoenix3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! You've come to a great place for support along your weight loss journey! You can do it!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all struggle with this. I am 43 and have been overweight most of my life. Just don't give up. I have found that writing down everything I eat and counting calories is what works best. Nothing is off limits it just has to fit in to my allotment for the day. HTH

Welcome!!!
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Welcome And Good Luck On Your Journey!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

As a 50+ chickie, I can assure you that you CAN do this! And, you can do it without pills

I love calorie counting with moderate exercise. And, the amazing thing is that it WORKS! Even for this post-menopausal chickie

Post often, it really does help!

I can't wait to get to know you better!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #7  

Cool Encouraged and more upbeat...

Thanks for the replies to my intro posting. I needed all of your words. I embarrassed my son yesterday by asking him to point out who he thought was a comparable body type to my own so I would have an idea how fat I was...major low moment for both of us. I actually teared up at my desperation and have not stopped chastising myself for my neediness involving him. He was so sweet for a 12 yr. old. Very blunt about looking good for my age and saying all mom's look like me...suffice to say, I am trying to boost my spirits, get motivated, stop whining, start caring about ALL of me, and begin to lose healthily. I feel if I keep up the writing on this site, and learn more about the forums, etc. this will be my catalyst and you will be my be my confidence. Thanks, so much.
phoenix3 is offline   Reply With Quote