Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/153/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Can't Get My Mind Off Of It ::help::

Does anyone else always have their weight on their mind? Silly question, I know. But does anyone have any tips on NOT thinking about it. Everywhere I look something reminds me that I'm so unhappy with the way that I am.

I'm determined to keep busy and stop thinking about it so much.

I guess it doesn't help that I live in Asia, where everyone is under 120 lbs.

-facekeyboard-
marzipanmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #2  
New Attitude

S/C/G: 214/205/137

Height: 5'7

It sounds cliched, but find something that absorbs you totally whether it's a magazine or a hobby. Can't say I feel any different from you right now though!
SunnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Yes, my weight is always on my mind. I use that obsession to keep making the best choices I can. I can't think of anything better to think about than making myself healthier and looking better. I'm worth it.

You're worth it too.
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/153/120

Height: 5'6"

Thanks. Sometimes it just gets overwhelming.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a teeter-totter. Really wishy washy. I'll go a week with eating fine, and then the weekend comes along and I binge. Not good. I've been trying to keep it under control but the more I obsess over it the worse it becomes.

How do you keep yourself going?
marzipanmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/142/120

Height: 5'4"

This may seem really cheesy..but.. the book "the secret" is really helping me cope with the whole torture yourself mentality that we put ourselves through because we aren't happy with our bodies.

As per the book, I keep telling myself that I am the master of my own thoughts and I refuse to go into the victim place of hating myself or comparing myself to other people.

Instead I keep telling myself that I'm working on it more often than not and the weight is slowly but SURELY going to come off a.k.a. "I will be thin I will be thin I will be thin! ! "

I don't know why it's working... but so far it is. First summer where I'm not walking around wanting to die because I can't hide behind my winter coat. I'm just dealing with it.
SugarHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

Healthy or unhealthy, I am always thinking about my weight. I have pictures of myself when I was in high school and I thought I was fat, but I was actually gorgeous (makes me so mad that I wasted it on low self esteem!!) and I am planning on putting them on my fridge. I also imagine myself thin when I am drifting off to sleep at night.
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #7  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Ugh. Not just thinking about it, but I'm CONSTANTLY checking myself in the mirror...... I swear, if a camera could follow me for a day and see all my tiny little secretive glimpses in the mirror, the audience would think I was the biggest egomaniac out there!!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 07-05-2009 at 04:22 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I don't think it's a silly question at all. I think about my weight all the time, too. Even when I was at my goal weight, I did.

As a PP said, it can help stay focused on losing weight. At the same time, I understand you feeling overwhelmed. And it's definitely possible to get obsessed.

Right now, I'm trying really hard to focus on life and the people around me. I'm trying to learn to truly enjoy it and get out there and do things, no matter what size I am.

I'm also seriously considering never weighing myself again. Not in a bad way. I think it might be a good thing for me. Even at my slimmest, I was still obsessed with my weight, and often weighed myself as often as I could. I even used my weight as an excuse to be ok with binging - as long as the scale didn't move up, I told myself that I was fine. But it was affecting me physically and emotionally, and when the scale started creeping up, I was already stuck in a behavior that I didn't know how to change.

So for me, weighing myself wasn't even a good thing. I haven't weighed myself in over two weeks, but I can feel the difference that two weeks of no binging has made in my body. I feel great! Who is a scale to tell me how I've done, when I know how I feel and how my clothes fit? This time, instead of weighing a lot or even ever, my focus is on not binging.

Please KUP!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I think about my weight all the time. I do not think about food all the time. Other than making sure my choices are chalk full of things my body needs, I don't give food much thought at all. This is a big difference from before my journey. I was constantly thinking about what I was going to eat next.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote