Support Groups - Aussie Chicks 2009 (2)

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Aussie Chicks 2009 (2)

smylie
06-28-2009, 01:58 AM
okey pokey
the never ending journey continues!!!!!!!!

now i will post a link to this in the other one and we are cooking with gas

smylie
06-28-2009, 02:00 AM
weigh in tomorrow
have been strategically eating today - lunch was homemade pizza (dough and everything homemade)
and dinner today soup
bloody ricecakes though always get me!
and i ate a carrot
looking forward to ANY loss tomorrow considering i was sick as a dog this week and did no exercise except for incidental stuff

pacman12
06-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Got a B (85) on my midterm exam. Boo hiss. Will have to actually study for the final to make sure I end up with an A. Doh.

PerthChick
06-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Been off work for a week with bronchitis - blurk!

Been eating so much crap for weeks now, and it stops here. Now! Today I am going to:

• Eat no more than 1750 calories;
• Drink at least 1.5L of water; and
• Walk 10,000 steps

No excuses. No cheating.

It's 5am in Perth. We are on severe weather alert, gale force winds, thunder, buckets of rain - it's all happening outside right now… and I have to go out in it feeling like THIS!

LittleKiwi
06-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread Kel :D

Congrats on your B Gen, surely that's a pretty good mark?!?!

Well, I lost the plot completely last week. Having my period seems to turn me into a ravenous beast. I only went to the gym twice and my diet turned to pot over the weekend.

Back to my food diary today and have got a ham and cheese toastie for lunch, yoghurt and weight watchers muesli bar for morning tea and crackers with cheese for afternoon tea. For dinner I'm cooking mince and rice with veges. Not the most wonderful food choices but it's all I had in stock so it'll have to do.

Tonight I'll go to the gym and do weights hopefully followed by a spin class.

:twirly:

smylie
06-28-2009, 05:31 PM
not happy and confused!
i was 104.2kg today that is a gain a bloody huge gain (1.5kg)
i dont get it
last night the soup was gross (DO NOT BUY HOMEBRAND MINESTRONE) jem and i didnt eat it
i had toast and tomato and avocado
damn damn damn i may actually have to start writing down what i eat to see where i went wrong
i am thinking back last week and only had one "bad" meal which i actually allow in my week BUT i guess the lack of exercise and water might have done it
but honestly it is not fair, i could cry, i was on my way to under 100 now i am going to have to watch it that i dont go over 105
this is not not cool

ani - sucks you have been sick, after the week i have had DO NOT WEIGH IN this week, its not worth it, your body like mine i guess has probably been storing the fat or something stupid like that
dont over do it til your body recovered

gen - when is your next exam? good luck, i'd be happy with a B, but my brother is basically a doctor and i know how he felt when he got a B

julia - is it snowing where you live? i would love to live where it snowed but benji HATES the cold.... does your boyfriend know about your weightloss journey?

we are going to sell our house! very exciting, we are now going around doing things we think will make sure we dont lose money on the place, we have seen a couple of places to move to, so we will see what happens... we are looking at 5 acres ANYWHERE hehehe probably south though another 20mins from the city which is going to be "tough" to start with for benji to and from work but he will adapt, the problem is what we can afford... the houses are not mansions and i think benji would like a smick house straight away so i either have to convince him (i dont like talking him into things) that i can make house smick or we will end up selling this place and living with inlaws until we find house he likes, all i want is 5 acres, to look out window and not see houses, shed for benji, fence for dogs, 4 bedrooms and 2nd living area...... i am going to get a cow maybe and definately some chooks, everywhere we have looked at has dams too so we would probably get ducks sigh

not happy about this weight today - will have to GO FOR A WALK today, tomorrow i am going to the city so that is always exhausting with jemima
then i should have heaps of work waiting for me when i get home as my boss has properly quit "normal" job so she is going to be getting busy busy busy woo money for me woo

amouse
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
hey guys im back... my week off resulted in way too much chocolate being eaten in the effort to keep me from being a blubbering mess all week ..

and then me getting absolutly sick of myself.. and deciding enough is enough opnly to have a second helping of breakfast... this morning.. hmmmm ... LMAO .. my willpower is playing hide and seek with me.. and im yet to find it.... mind you its a very very good hider.. it has hidden for many years before....... lol

seriuosly im gonna behave ... and get back together with my plan.

weigh in friday .. after i have behaved for a while.... otherwise im not gonna like it i know.

LittleKiwi
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok Kel, first of all try not to get discouraged. I know it's hard but the best thing you can do is to pick yourself up and just keep on keeping on. You can do it!! :hug:

No, it's not snowing where I am, it's just very cold and I hate it! The Boy knows that I go to the gym and try to watch what I eat but I haven't told him that I'm actively trying to lose weight. He thinks I'm perfect just the way I am. Clearly he's delusional but if that's what he thinks then that's fine with me!

Boo Ani, sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're on the mend and ready to jump back on that bandwagon with the rest of us.

And Yay Amy, good to see you back as well :D

Madison
06-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Oh Kel your new avi is sooooo cute! Is that your daughter? She is so sweet!

Dont sweat the weight gain - hopefully it will come off and take some more with it.

Well . . . I have been eating like a little piggy and using all sorts of excuses . . . but I am kinda out of excuses at the moment. I weighed in this morning and fell off the scales . . . . who puts on 5kg in a week?????????????????????????? Apparently me! Yay! Although . . . . I moved the scales into the lounge room and they showed a 20 KILO difference (lower!) so who the **** knows.

Anyway, instead of it sending me off into a food frenzy I just made myself breakfast and packed a yum lunch and am just going to focus on little healthy changes every day and not expect miracles.

Clearly losing weight at lightening speed DOES NOT WORK FOR ME seeing as it comes back. And clearly staying focussed on the past DOES NOT WORK FOR ME and just distracts me from doing what I need to.

I know what does work and so that is what I will do.

Less talk, more action ;)

Hope everyone is having a good Monday & your bronchitis is at an end Ani.

I hope to check in with some losses . . . is tomorrow asking for too much :D (I will never learn . . . lol Always want the weight off as quick as possible!!!)

7senuf
06-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi all. Kel ducks poop and no matter how much land you have they always manage to poop on yr back patio.

Speaking of poop.. Yesterday and today i got stuck in a mixed ward of infections gastro patients. I swear if i cop it i am going to flipo out seeing as i wasnt meant to be in that ward in the first place only another worker who isnt med endorsed needed me to do them right there n then without waiting for handover so the person actually allocated that ward coupld do it. Ended up because of infection control i had to stay put once i gownd n gloved up n couldnt have contact with other patients. so today i went in cause they wanted the least staff possible to be in contact. yeah great - i'll just bring it home to my family.,

anyhow enough whinging.

i lost 800gm..... :)

7senuf
06-29-2009, 06:02 AM
scuse typos i am going by the light of monitor

Madison
06-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Congrats on the loss Von! :)

smylie
06-29-2009, 08:29 AM
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh julia woo woo woo he loves you just the way you are! dont you hate that!!!!! benji is the same! he is absouloutely NO motivation whatsoever when it comes to my weightloss
my friend's hubby however told HER that he was UNATTRACTED TO HER FAT BUTT! so she lost 26kg for him

vonni - OMIGOSH YOU LOST 800GRAMS are you sure - where did you have the scales?? remember you have done a danni before and lost a heap of weight on those things..... heheheh YOU ROCK

danni - so have you weighed again? which weight are you going with??? and you DID NOT put on 5kg in a week, i have put on that much in two weeks but you can not put it on in one week - impossible

i hate this but if i dont lose weight this week i am going to write everything down..... i didnt want to have to do that

smylie
06-29-2009, 08:31 AM
ps -
danni - yes that is my daughter jemima in the avatar thingy - we just got some professional photos done of her here is the other one - she is just too cheeky!

LittleKiwi
06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Gosh Kel Jem's gotten so big since I met you guys! She's a really beautiful wee girl :D

Even though we think that our men may be delusional in thinking that we're perfect just as we are I'd much prefer that to some d!ck who says that he's unattracted to my fat butt! I'd lose much more than 26kg ... I'd lose around 80kg of idiot man!

Congrats on your loss Vonni, that's awesome. Stink that they stuck you in such a grotty ward though! I really hope that you and your family can avoid catching any of it.

Danni I doubt that you could have put on 5kg in a week. Sounds like you've got a good plan though and I'm sure that you can get back on track. You're so right, losing weight at lightening speed doesn't work unfortunately. I think that's a lesson that all of us have had to learn at one time or another!

I had a really good night last night. Went to the gym and did weights followed by a spin class. It was a DAMN hard workout and I felt awesome afterwards. Cooked up a huge meal of mince and rice and veggies and that was enough for me and The Boy and for 2 lunches so that's good.

And ........ the only thing I snacked on after dinner was 1 fruit stringy thing. WOO! :carrot:

Plan for today is to eat well and have another good session at the gym.

pacman12
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Danni check the battery in your scales - that can make them read weird. Also make sure you have it on a flat surface, not carpet. Use it at the same place all the time.

B is ok, I just don't want to get a B overall in the subject, as I currently have a perfect 4.0 GPA and I'd like to keep it! (Hi, Little Miss Perfectionist).

I am home, so glad to be back with my babies. They are loving all over me after a weekend apart! They look so much bigger just in the 4 days I was away. Boo hoo, will be time to give em back again soon (1 was underweight so they spayed them and I took em home to fatten up a bit more).

amouse
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Kel ducks cows and chooks eh??? wow that is sooooo cool .. i hope you find what you are after without over stretching your budget.. :)

Vonni .. Gatro ward ... that is sooo not good.. did they give you that gastro stop stuff that is supposed to stop you from getting sick at least?

JUlia i like the sound of your boy... IM glad things are going well and you havent got the kind where you have to loose 80kilos of idiot man... lmao... <<< loved this comment)

Ani i hope you are feeling better soon. Its such wrotten weather to be sick in .. :( hugs

Gen why cant you keep the fur babies???

Danni .. i hate the scales too.. but they call to me to stand on them... why must they call me...... they are evil... LMAO

as for me.... dont ask.. lmao.. i have no willpower no brain and a big asss.... lol

Madison
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Kel - Jemima is soooooooooo cute!!!!!!! :)

Julia - a spin class???? YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!

Gen/Amy - I tell you . . . the scales really are evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those evil little boxes will not control my life. I seriously need to get a new set though, the little back thinggy has fallen off and the batteries are taped in now. That cant be helping. The thing that I thought was odd, even seeing them 20 kg lighter I thought . . . OMG even at minus 20 I WILL STILL BE FAT!!!!!!!!

Ugh.

But the only way to make no progress is to stop trying, so I will kwitmy*****in' and keep going.

Its 30 June! Happy New Financial Year soon!!!

:D

smylie
06-29-2009, 06:10 PM
love is blind julia!!!

vonni - did you get your results yet?

LittleKiwi
06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
I had an awesome workout again last night, managed to do another spin class which was very hard but I'm glad I did it. Getting sore nether regions though and I really do need to invest in some proper padded cycle shorts!

Tonight I need to do weights and some form of cardio.

Food was pretty good yesterday. The Boy and I treated ourselves to a couple of glasses of bubbles and snacks of salted pretzels in the evening.

Tonight I will weigh myself so wish me luck!

smylie
06-30-2009, 06:04 PM
spin class is insane
can i ask what the boy's name is?
GOOOD luck with weigh in!!!!!

Madison
06-30-2009, 08:42 PM
I can only weigh in first thing in the morn completely nekkid!!!!!! lol I am down 2.83kg out of the mysterious 5 that appeared in a week. I am still PMSy and still feel bloated and like I have had to many salty foods (not more than usual) so hopefully if I zip my lip I will get some more of the 5 OFF before the end of the week. But anything less than the ghastly number I saw the other morning at the end of the week will be a good result!!!!

Must keep reminding myself . . . my goal is to weigh less at the end of every week . . . no rockstar results necessary.

Hope everyone is having a good day! I am surprisingly sane given I am doing the year end accounts . . .

smylie
06-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Must keep reminding myself . . . my goal is to weigh less at the end of every week . . . no rockstar results necessary.

ok loving that

need to exercise need need need
then if i exercise i will not want to undo the awesomeness that was my work out
yep yep
thats a plan

LittleKiwi
06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
His name is Nigel Kel :D

I must admit, I do tend to be less likely to overeat when I've worked out. I don't know why, but I actually don't get so hungry which is odd.

Hey Ani, where are you hiding? :shrug:

7senuf
07-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Kel i go to Doxtor tomorrow to discuss whats next.

I rang the other day to get results and she wasnt there but the nurse there looked and said that there weren't any detectable tissue cells in the sample. only blood. so that means i will have to get it all done again grrr.,

It's really pissing me off because its been 6 months almost and if it IS anything nasty its 6 months of treatment i could have had. will post when i have been to doctor tomorrow.

right now i am off to bed. so tired.

and no i didnt get the bug thank god

Madison
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
How annoying Von!! Sorry you have to go through it all again . . .

I had a good day in terms of not overeating and letting a lunch that was unplanned lead me into a night time party on the couch with too much food. So THAT is a good thing! I also did not turn to food when the girl who works for me decided to tell me how much weight I have gained . . . kinda makes me feel pretty OK with the fact that she is not getting a payrise this year actually . . .

I am not sure what people think when they point out stuff like this . . . um, I own a mirror and I also know that I have had to put 90% of my wardrobe into archives bcos I am clearly not the same weight I was a year ago! I dont need a newsflash from someone who could stand to lose a few kgs herself.

Its interesting that this is the SECOND person who has said something to me in a week. Its as though I said to the Universe - OK, I am finally ready to lose the weight and I have made peace with it and am ready to forgive myself and move on . . . and the Universe has said . . . Ok chunky, lets see if that is really the case . .. let me send you some people who will test your resilience . . .

I am sooooooo happy I havent eaten bcos of this . . . I know just a few weeks ago it would have sent me scurrying for chippies or to get Domino's on the speed dial.

So:

Danni - 1 :D
The rude buggers of the World: BIG FAT ZERO

;)

Hope everyone has a happy Thursday!!!

amouse
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Danni it just goes to prove that thre are jerks everywhere be proud that you let the comment run off and not sink in.. ;)

Vonni that sucks... why the **** didnt the doctor check it b4 sending you on your way..

Madison
07-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Amy :) You know . . . bcos I have always felt fat . . . I dont think I have ever spoken to someone about their weight. Anyhoo, leaving that in yesterday and moving on.

Am happy to report that 4.35kg of my 5kg gain (PMS???) is gone.

Lila Leeds
07-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi, can I join in? I signed up last week. It'll be nice chatting with other Oz chicks.

smylie
07-01-2009, 06:49 PM
everyone i have now seen photos of danni, and unless she has a very very very big bottom (they were mainly headshots) then i would have said she does not have to lose weight!! she is gorgous!!!

however in saying that perhaps that she is motivated now before she is fat to keep it under control is the most awesome thing ever
i know when i got to 74kg i got cocky and let things slide
i know when i GET to 74kg again i will be too scared to i hope

hi lila - where are you from?

Lila Leeds
07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Smylie,

I live in the Lower Blue Mountains, NSW. I've got about 40 kilos to lose (ack!). I was overweight as a child, but lost about 40kgs when I was 19 & kept it off for over 10 years. Then, you know how it is, marriage, long hours at work, zero exercise & it all slowly piled back on over the course of another10 years. I'm determined all this weight won't be around for much longer.

LittleKiwi
07-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh Vonni that sucks that you may have to go thru that horrible procedure all over again!

Danni that's so rude what your colleague said. You seem to have a really good attitude about it though and that's awesome. You go girl! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

:welcome3: to Lila. Always good to have new people join our wee group! I'm Julia and I'm from Christchurch, NZ. An honorary Aussie Chick cos we're all down under, right?

I found the paperwork the other day from when I first joined my gym. My weight was 98.somethingkg. I did get down to around 83 but I'm hovering around the high 80's at the moment.

I weighed in at 87.8 on 10 June and last night I weighed in at 88.7. Poo :mad: At the moment I'm eating meat like sausages and mince because it's cheap so I'm thinking that I need to budget to buy more lean meats again.

Had another good session at the gym last night, weights followed by a 30 minute jog and 10 minutes walking.

Aim for today is to eat well and go to the gym tonight.

Madison
07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Welcome Lila!!!

Madison
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Too funny I started posting to Lila, someone came to talk to me in my office, I hit the post button and then I look up and there are loads of posts! heheheheeee

Kel - you are too kind! Trust me I DEFINITELY have weight to lose! I was looking at pics of me from 'before' and realised I look pretty smoking from 85kg down. I definitely look like a "big girl" now if that makes sense . . . not fat fat like I have been in the past but I have stopped posting pics on facebook that include my body though ha!!!!!!!!!! One day I will post my before before's and a current, for now I will keep a low profile on here ;) But if anyone is on Kel's fb and they want to add me I would be happy to accept new friends :D

Julia - I am heading off to the new gym tonight (the one that work pays for) and I also found my stats from the last time I was there and I was 110kg . . . so am not that much now but I wish I had gone back there when I was in the low 70's so I could parade around and let the personal trainer who dropped me from her client list know that I didnt need her to lose weight (she actually told me that i was not motivated enough to be her client . . . i told her if I had motivation then I would not need to pay a personal trainer to motivate my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha!)

Oh God I dont wanna be at work today.

smylie
07-02-2009, 05:34 AM
oh i love that you got fired from a personal trainer that is so funny
heheheehe love love love it
oh can you lose weight and go back and shake your butt in her face?? that would rock

was good today til benji brought out peppermint choc icecream for dessert.... oh well could have been worse all day

my plan to ban cheese from the house is working
i have no cheese and therefore can not eat it

julia - gym gym gym you got not waste those work outs! i used to try and work off at least 300calories a day and that seemed to make the weight come off

lila - 40kg lets do it!!! my ticker says i have to lose 30 but i reckon it is closer to 35 til goal goal weight - we shall see - what are you doing to try and lose weight?

i felt really crook today, have had belly aches for a couple of days but lots of gurgling in my belly today - somethings in there are working over time i think the naughty food i had on tuesday is still playing with my body... oh well i am trying - yesterday i went for walk with the dogs..... this weight IS coming off slowly i need it to!

amouse
07-02-2009, 05:53 AM
im on cloud 9...... i bumped into a an old friend i havent seen for about 2 years ....... i said hello... and she didnt even recognise me... she like ummm i know the voice but .....who are you..... lmao... im like.. ummm im amy and she was like omg... i dont even recognise you ,you have lost so much weight.... how you going...

hahahahahahha woohooo ...

ok back down to earth.. :)

Welcome lila.. :) great to have a new aussie on the boards .. we are a small but very friendly bunch that support each other through all the ups downs and sideways you can imagine.. ...

Danni i think i may have added you on fb.... lol .. im hoping ... lol if not you kind find me in kells friends too ..

weigh in tommoorw and from sneak peaking i know its a gain.. but its less of a gain then i had b4 so i wish i had written down what i was b4 so i could see how i went... .. i think i have lost a kilo ish from my funeral, family crap few weeks ...

at least now i can write it down and work from here ..

i have decided to make a goal........ and i have it all figured out.. i wanna be 99 or less by december 11 this year .. december 11 becuase that is my weigh in day and it gives me time.... becuase if i get to 99 or less by then .... my reward will be a shiny new outfit... to wear for xmas do's

so that means 7-10 kilo too loose from now till then .. 23 weeks in total...

so who wants to join me in an xmas challenge ?..

Lila Leeds
07-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming!
Smylie, I'm doing WW@home (points points points) I'm going to lose half a kilo a week - so it's going to be a long haul - but that's ok. When I get my act together I'm pretty organised when it comes to eating (except for PMS time when I get ravenous ravenousitis). My real problem is exercise - I'm such a couch potato. I need to (at least) start walking & powering up the Wiifit.
I hope your belly recovers soon. Overeating sucks.
Last weekend Hubs & I went to see "Chicago" at Star City - really good - Gina Riley (Kath & Kim) was in it, but afterwards we went to possibly the best Chinese reataurant in Sydney & I ate so much I felt like a snake that had swallowed something whole (you know that feeling?). The food was great, but I just overdid it. Nevermind, digest, move on.

Madison
07-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Ugh Lila I TOTALLY know that feeling! Like you wish you could just unzip your belly cos you are so full . . . I love the idea of WW, have done the at home version in the past and I love that they have so many foods that you can get at Woollies that fit into the plan.

Amy 10 kg is very reasonable!!! And I love the idea of a Christmas Challenge! I will be in it and check in with my stats too. So its 23 weeks eh . . . ok I would like to lose 14kg by then . . . ok, got my eye on the prize now baby . . .

Yeah and Kel - I still think its hilarious that my personal trainer broke up with me!!!!!! What a nutcase. lol Good going on keeping the cheese out of the house. I have made my peace with the fact that I know no boundaries when I have chips in the house . . . so I can never keep them here.

Lindor
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Ok, I'm in on the Christmas Challenge too!

And I think somewhere around 10kg is reasonable and doable!

I am still feeling motivated in my weight-loss efforts (and my desire to jump from a plane!) I'm not doing anything spectacular...just working on portion control again!!

I have re-rediscovered cooking and have learned on the days that I don't cook I overeat and on all the wrong stuff! So the routine at the moment is, as soon as I get home from work I cook dinner. I don't necessarily eat the meal then, but I know it is there when I do want to eat. I think a lot of that is based on the 'distraction' technique...if I am doing something I enjoy I tend not to feel hungry nor do I want to snack.

Jumped on the scales this morning - 93.8kg. That's down 1.3kg from last weigh-in on the 26th. And that makes my Christmas Challenge goal around 84kg!

Ok, gotta run!

amouse
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
wow lindor 1.3 is fantastic ... well done ..

weigh in day for me to ( queue dooming type music...... like something scary is about to jump out...)

im 107.9... so a gain of 800 grams .. in the last frotnight... which is an improvement on the 108. something i saw last week when my diet was mainly chocolate so i didnt just cry... ... lol

So this is my starting point for the xmas challange ... I need to loose 8.9 kilos to reach my goal.... :)

LittleKiwi
07-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Congrats on the loss Lindor, that's awesome :cb:

Danni that PT sounds awful! Some trainers out there really don't have a clue.

I'm up for the Christmas challenge too. I like the idea of aiming to lose weight consistently. I don't really care how much I lose just as long as I don't gain consistently!

Food wasn't great yesterday, I went to a funeral and you know how they ALWAYS have finger food after? Well I had 1 mini mince pie and about 5 pieces of club sandwich.

I did go to the gym after that though and did weights circuit followed by 20 minutes of walk/sprint intervals and a 10 minute jog. Hopefully that went some way to burning off the food I'd eaten.

Tonight my sister is coming from Wellington and we're all having Indian for dinner. I'm going to enjoy it but will try not to totally pig out. Will also aim to exercise at least once over the weekend.

smylie
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
indian is good to eat just not too much rice

wow we are all so motivated for the xmas challenge!!! it has motivated me a little more (i was already motivated this morning when i went to the toilet and then also thought about how nice it would be for jemima to have a brother or sister (when it happens i wont lie i'm hoping for a boy.... but benji doesnt care and likes the idea of another girl so win win)
anyway 10kg by xmas
bring bring bring it on

jemima is in the study so before she trashes it and i get depressed i am out of here!

Lila Leeds
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM
10kgs by Christmas - I'm on for that.

LittleKiwi
07-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh and Amy, how cool that your friend didn't recognise you! :D

pacman12
07-02-2009, 09:18 PM
A litre of beer at the hofbrauhaus counts as diet food..... right?

Madison
07-03-2009, 01:15 AM
How can beer be bad for you Gen!

I'm not doing anything spectacular...just working on portion control again!!
Me too!

And congrats on the loss!! Yay!!!!!

I need to loose 8.9 kilos to reach my goal.... :)
You can dooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet baby!!!!!

I don't really care how much I lose just as long as I don't gain consistently!
Me too!

I love your consistency at working out Julia! I am almost inspired to consider going to the gym just thinking about it :D

Have fun with your sister! :)

i was already motivated this morning when i went to the toilet
heheheeeeeeeeeeeee

I get inspired a lot in the loo too hehehehehheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps. THANK GOD ITS THE WEEKEND (almost). Am over this week. I may have to work parts of the weeknd but it makes a difference if I am here and no other staff are . . . I actually enjoy it then! hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I updated my ticker for the weight lost since Monday . . . I need all the motivation I can get so i am counting those kilo's too (even though they were mostly stuff-your-face-with-pizza-and-other-crapola-over-the-weekend and PMS kg's). I would love to lose 13.8kgs before Chrissie.

pacman12
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
My mum's lovely little dog Normie died yesterday. I am so sad.. this year truly sucks monkey balls.

7senuf
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Awww gen the little doggy is so cute. I bet yr mum is feeling pretty rotten right now. It's awful to lose a loved pet.

Welcome to 3fc Lila.

Have read alls posts but been so busy at work and there are so many posts since last on cant reply to all. But HI EVERYONE :)

Went to Dr and yep I gotta have it done agaon. Its on the 17th July. So not looking forward to it. Getting more bloods done also to check on levels and thyroid antibodies. She said doesnt look like auto immune type disease from last lot and hopefully that hasnt changed. So just looks like its prob sluggish and I need to exercise more and take some kelp and stuff to help it along.

We have a lady at work at the moment who is dying and no family. It's so sad. I spent most of last night sitting with her. She is just really grasping onto life for all she's worth the poor thing. And so frightened. I dont feel I have the right to tell her its ok to let go. But then her fam is overseas and wont be coming over (cost) so what the heck do I do? Gen?

smylie
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
aww gen that is sad about your mum's doggy - what a cute little man

danni - so funny that the loo comment cracked you up - cracked me up thinking about it now.... hehehe

vonni - does her family ring? when do you want to catch up?? before or after throat needle? what about throat needle day? exercise is the answer to everything grrrr

me me me -
i have not been too bad this week, really trying but kinda picking at food between meals that could be bad for weigh in but not bad foods....

BUT

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY
i have just done 35 mins on the cross trainer, and followed it by a optifast bar
for lunch having pie and chips - I KNOW NOT A DIET MEAL - I KNOW I KNOW (it will prob be a chicken and vege pie and not many chips)
but for dinner it is a shake or optifast soup

MIND FRAME GREAT
i KNOW i can lose a lot of weight on optifast i know if i do cross trainer and dog walk EVERY day and 3 shakes i can lose a heap of weight so i figure if i do dog walk and crosstrainer every day and 2 shakes and one meal i can lose SOME weight so am going to go with that

AND
today i got my period woohoo that is the first time since april woo woo woo
woowoowoo

Lila Leeds
07-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I am really happy today - last night I had pizza for dinner - I know, I know, but I made it from scratch (base & all) geez it was good. Even better I added up the weight watchers points - it came to 2 points per slice!! Smoked salmon & prawn pizza. Delicious & relatively guilt free. Yay!

smylie
07-04-2009, 02:49 AM
my hubby benji is obsessed about home made pizza at the moment, maybe that can be monday night's dinner.... gives me time to make the dough for the base and buy stuff and not worry about weigh in the next morning
smaked salmon and prawn i had NEVER thought of that... my fave at the moment is satay sauce with chicken, snowpeas, pumpkin and cashew nuts

Lila Leeds
07-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Chicken satay pizza - yum!
For a change I used low fat ricotta mixed with a little tomato paste & used that as the pizza sauce, it worked out really well.

smylie
07-04-2009, 03:23 AM
we should add the pizza diet to this extrodianary list i just found
DIET OUTLINES

* 100 Calorie Diet
* 1200 Calorie Diet
* 3 Apple a Day Diet
* 3 Day Diet
* 3 Hour Diet
* 4 Day Diet
* 5 Factor Diet
* 6 Week Body Makeover
* 7 Day Diet
* 18 Pounds in 4 Days
* 80 10 10 Diet
* Abs Diet
* Acai Berry Diet
* Acid Alkaline Diets
* Acne Diet
* ADHD Diet
* Anabolic Diet
* Anne Collins Diet
* Anti Estrogenic Diet
* Anti-Aging Diet & Calorie Restriction
* Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
* Arthritis Diet
* Atkins Diet
* Banana Diet
* Beck Diet
* Bernstein Diet
* Best Life Diet
* Beverly Hills Diet
* (New) Beverly Hills Diet
* Biggest Loser Club
* Bikini BootCamp
* Blood Type Diet
* Body Ecology Diet
* Body For Life (Eating For Life)
* Brazilian Bikini Body Program
* Bread for Life
* British Heart Foundation Diet
* Cabbage Soup Diet
* Cambridge Diet
* Candida Diet
* Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
* Cardio Free Diet
* Change One Diet
* Cheat To Lose Diet
* The Cheater's Diet
* Chocolate Diet
* Cholesterol Diet
* Coconut Diet
* CSIRO Diet
* DASH Diet
* Diabetic Diet
* Diet Divas
* Diet Smart Plan
* Diets For Kids
* The Diet Solution
* DietWatch
* Diuretic Diet
* Diverticulitis
* Dorm Room Diet
* Dr Phil's Diet
* Dr Seigal's Cookie Diet
* Dr. Amandas Don't Go Hungry Diet
* Duke Diet
* Eat Clean Diet
* Eat, Drink, Be Healthy
* Eating For Beauty
* Eating Mindfully
* Eat Smart: The Zen Anti-Diet
* Eat This, Not That
* Eat to Live
* eDiets: Review
* Egg Diet
* Elimination Diets
* Every Other Day Diet
* F-Factor Diet
* F-Plan Diet
* Fast Food Diet
* Fast Track Detox Diet
* Fat Burning Diet
* Fat Flush Diet
* Fat Loss 4 Idiots
* Fat Resistance Diet
* Fat Smash Diet
* Feingold Diet
* Flat Belly Diet
* Flavor Point Diet
* Food Doctor Diet
* Food Guide Pyramid (1992)
* Food Guide Pyramid (2005)
* French Women Don’t Get Fat
* Fruit Diet
* Fruit Flush
* The Gabriel Method
* Gain Weight Diet
* Genotype Diet
* Get Ready Diet
* Gluten Free Diet
* Glycemic Impact Diet
* Glycemic Load Diet
* Gotti Diet
* Gout Diet
* Grapefruit Diet
* Greenlane Diet
* Hallelujah Diet
* Hampton’s Diet
* Herbalife
* High Protein Diets
* Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
* Hip and Thigh Diet
* Hollywood Diet
* Hot Latin Diet
* How The Rich Get Thin
* IBS Diet
* IBS Low Starch Diet
* Idiot Proof Diet
* Instinctive Nutrition
* Israeli Army Diet
* Japanese Diet
* Jenny Craig Diet
* Jerusalem Diet
* Jillian Michaels’ Diet
* Joy's LIFE Diet
* Karl Lagerfeld Diet
* Ketogenic Diet
* ******* Diet
* LA Weight Loss
* Lactose Intolerance Diet
* Lemonade Diet
* Leptin Diet
* Lindora
* Liquid Diets and Juice Fasting
* Liver Cleansing Diet
* Living Low Carb
* Longevity Diet
* Low Carb Diets
* Low Fat and Very Low-Fat Diets
* Low Glycemic Index Diets
* Low-Protein Diets
* Low-Sodium Diet
* Lunch Box Diet
* Macrobiotic Diet
* Maker’s Diet
* Martha’s Vineyard Detox Diet
* Martini Diet
* Mayo Clinic Diet
* Mayo Clinic Plan
* Medifast - Diet Review
* Mediterranean Diet
* MediterrAsian Way
* Metabolism Diet
* Michael Thurmond: 6 Day Body Makeover
* My Diva Diet
* Neanderthin
* Negative Calorie Diet
* New York Diet
* No Fad Diet
* No Flour, No Sugar Diet
* No Grain Diet
* Nutrisystem Diet
* NutriSystem Diabetic Diet
* NutriSystem Review
* Oatmeal Diet
* Okinawa Diet
* Omega Diet
* Oprah Diet
* OPTIFAST Diet
* Ornish Diet
* Osteoporosis Diet
* Paleo Diet
* Peanut Butter Diet
* Pen and Paper Diet
* Perricone Diet
* Personality Type Diet - Diet.com
* Picture Perfect Weight Loss
* Pocket Diet
* Pregnancy Diet
* Pritikin Diet
* Prostate Health Diet
* Protein Power
* Raw Food Diets
* Raw Food Diet: Eating in the Raw
* Raw Food Detox Diet
* Reverse Diet
* Rice Diet
* Rosedale Diet
* Sacred Heart Diet
* Scarsdale Diet
* Schwarzbein Principle
* Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating
* Sensa: The Sprinkle Diet
* Shangri-La Diet
* Shape Your Self
* Skin Diets
* The Skinny
* Skinny *****
* Skinny Switch Secret
* Slim-Fast
* Slim4Life Diet
* Slimming World
* The Solution
* Sonoma Diet
* South Beach Diet
* South Beach Diet Supercharged
* SparkPeople
* Special K Diet
* Specific Carbohydrate Diet
* Step Diet
* Stress Eater Diet
* Strip The Fat
* St. Tropez Diet
* Subway Diet
* Sugar Busters Diet
* Supermarket Diet
* Suzanne Somers Diet
* The Sugar Solution
* Thermogenic Weight Loss
* Ultimate Tea Diet
* Ultimate Weight Loss Solution
* Ultra-metabolism
* UltraSimple Diet
* Vegetarian Diets
* Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD’s)
* Volumetrics
* Warrior Diet
* Weight Loss Cure
* Weight Watchers
* You Are What You Eat
* Zone Diet

Madison
07-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Lila that pizza sounds like pure heaven!!!!!!!!

Gen - so sorry about your mum's puppy :( He was such a cutie!! I really want to have a little house and get a puppy to keep me company :)

Von - ugh on repeating tests . . . and so sad for that woman who is dying.

Kel - OMG 35mins on the cross trainer you are a rockstar baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually went to the gym today - had to go into the city to do it! So proud of self! :) I understand about TOM . .. I have loads of issues in that area so anytime I get mine kinda sorta on time and it doesnt last 6 weeks I am happy!

Madison
07-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Kel I think I have tried just about every one of those!!!!!!!

amouse
07-04-2009, 03:57 AM
omg how many diets are there and i bet thaats isn't all of them either... lol

Gen so sorry about the doggy.. that is such bad timing for your mum.. with her being sick too :( .. she must be heart broken..

Vonni ... bummer on the damn needle test again... OUCHIES

home made pizzas aare the best...... drowls like homer... mmmmmm piiizzzaa... lol

kel 35 minutes is great... :) well done.. i dont think you have ever gone that long have you?

I went out and bought the jillian micheals workout game... it whipped my butt and most of my body aches... its a greeeat workout... some of the activities are slow to respond.. one of which i kinda got angry with but all in all good game.. maybe not worth it price.. but if you want it.. then wait for the price to drop.

I was sweating good and proper.. clothes got wet.. so i know it was a good workout and like i said .. i ache now.. lol 30 minutes on there ... and unlike wiifit where you have alot of down time.. you go straight from one thing to another .. so much more consistant cardio.... anyway hubby is standing over me.. waiting for the computer.. i told him 15 and its been 20.... :) lol.... naughty me. :) cya

Madison
07-04-2009, 04:00 AM
I love Jillian!!!!! You can get her DVDs at Target, not too pricey either - $12.99!

pacman12
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Vonni can they call and someone hold the phone up to her? I would tell her it's okay, that they are thinking of her and would be there if they could.

Ugh - on call this weekend and found out we have a case at 8am tomorrow (sunday). And this annoying little wench at work wants to come in and watch the case. Double eugh!

7senuf
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Amy is the Jillian a wii game? I'll have to have a look.

Well Matt is packing up his lego colelction and moving it on out to the shed so I can have space inside for..... wait for it.....

MY HOME GYM WOOHOOO

I have 80 dollars to go on the layby and the only reason its still sitting in store is i waiting for the room in the house. I cant wait.

Been pretty good diet wise the past few days. Salad sandwich for lunch and dinner on Friday.

Yesterday I had ham and salad for lunch and steak and veg for tea. No brekky both days and i know its bad but my lunch was early i promise :p

For snacks i know a bad choice but its been a HANDFUL of cheezles both days not a bowl like i would normally have.

Yayy. Not weighing this week though cause Geroge is about to arrive.

7senuf
07-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh Gen just saw yr post. Yeah the brother and son rang. But she's getting to the stage she doesnt really comprehend to much but i hope its enough. So sad. I'd hate to be alone!

Madison
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I drank about a litre of coffee this morning while I was waking up . . . am not feeling particularly motivated to do anything today and am ok with that :) but bcos I am used to the go go go go go! my guts are anxious like I need to be somewhere . . . but its Sunday! Day of rest! :)

Just having porridge w/ some frozen raspberries thrown in . . . love!

Madison
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh tomorrow is meant to be the only day of the week I weigh in but ofcourse I got on this morn cos I was feeling particularly sveltey . . . it was not good. I will pretend that away and try again tmro. I am in the middle of TOM and had just finished all that coffee so it wasnt my wisest move.

Lila Leeds
07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Back away from the scales Danni!
I know that feeling, this morning I put on a pair of pants that I know don't fit me, but I thought as I've lost a bit of weight they might be abit less tight. Nope, it was still a struggle to get them on & I still looked like poop in them (stupid bloody pants, never buy clothers over the internet I tells ya).

I'll get there though.:smug:

Madison
07-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes you will baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its interesting how my mind feels skinny this week. ha!

I have a confession.

I am avoiding a friend who is here from NYC . . . I havent seen her for YEARS and I am probably skinnier than the last time I saw her, but I know I am still not the way I want to be. I know this is silly but it is what it is. She ofcourse looks better than ever (facebook pics).

Oh well. Maybe this will sober me up and keep me heading towards my goal.

pacman12
07-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Isn't it sad how we do that? I have avoided so many people and events because I am ashamed of how fat I have gotten.

Madison
07-05-2009, 02:17 AM
The silly thing is that I know if one of my friends felt this way I would think it was ridiculous . . . I dont care how my friends look! Ugh, but when its me its not as easy.

smylie
07-05-2009, 05:34 AM
wow i'm not the only one that thinks that way!!! there is a mothers group bbq happening next week and i am so so fat since i last saw them and they have all had 2nd babies in the last 4 months and are looking fab..... and and and

i guess i'm a little ashamed at how i have "let myself go" too.....

today 30 mins on the cross trainer!!!

i have not done more than 15mins a time in the last at least 6 months i think i have been a total slackar$e made worse coz it is just sitting there in the back yard

oh that reminds me fitness first has a 6week membership for $99 i was thinking about doing - that would really help me lose 10kg by xmas

thanks for the tip amy on the jillian game - i want it bad but benji wont let me coz he thinks she used to be a man - i am going to have to get the personal trainer one sigh

dvd sounds easier - i wish foxtel had aerobics

Madison
07-05-2009, 06:03 AM
bwhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I dont think Jillian used to be a man. I met her in Sydney once and she looks like a real woman in real life!!! lol

Madison
07-05-2009, 06:04 AM
ps. and seriously what is it about women who bounce back after having a baby like nothing happened at all???? My friends who have had kids are skinnier than ever . . . and here I am with no child at all so I think well what is my excuse??????? They have managed to drop kilo's while being mums. Ugh.

smylie
07-05-2009, 07:49 AM
yummy mummies sigh sigh sigh
i was on the way to losing it when jem turned one but then went down hill with anxiety and depression etc - i'm not blaming that but i am sure it was a factor

you know the stupid bit about worrying what people will think of ourselves?? everyone is worried about THEMSELVES and dont give a hoot about what you look like.... your friend danni prob thinks she has a funny nose and that you are looking at it or something or if not there will be something and she wont even notice any weight you think is gross

oh that list of diets SO funny i think i have pretended to try most of them as well and funnier still i think i liked to combine them doing what i liked most at the time of the day

i weigh in tomorrow - TOM so i guess that could affect things, just my luck!

i have just made a heap of vege soup so i am going to be unstoppable, plan is to eat soup when i am hungry

vonni - how on earth did you get matt to move his trains??? and when gym set up i will come and visit and attempt to count reps for you

i am prob going to join gym for 6 weeks after the school holidays
http://www.jumpstartyourfitness.com.au/joinnow
seems like a good deal and not forever and i will use it coz i am paying for it and i will get to do bodypump which i LOVE

Madison
07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I am having all sorts of weird TOMness (as per usual) so am wondering if I should just stay off the scales tomorrow until my breasticles go down . . . ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh! On happy news, my brother just proposed to his gf so yay! Wedding!

I will be a string bean at the wedding even if I have to stop buying groceries. I have cousins who have been HORRIBLE to me in the past . . . so if I have to see these b.itchasses at the wedding it will be as a stick insect in a bridesmaids dress darn it! I am not above losing weight out of spite people! ;)

smylie
07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
oh a wedding is a PERFECT reason to lose weight!!!! oh i love that reason.... just tell people you are doing it for yourself though.......

ok
ready!??

this week loss of ONE KILO, 1KG YEP YEP YEP look out i am back baby!

weigh yourself anyway danni - if you do weigh more than you want to blame TOM if you dont you will be pleasantly surprised and it will motivate you for this week... how much do you 'have' to lose each week to get your xmas challenge in the bag???

again me me me i lost 1kg!!! plan for today, cross trainer, maybe walk with dogs, sushi for lunch coz i bought it to have yesterday, soup for dinner, shake for brekky

LittleKiwi
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow, so much going on here.

I had an interesting weekend. Had my sister and her baby down from Wellington and got to spend heaps of time with them which was great.

Friday night the boy told me something that he's been too scared to tell me since we met ... the ex girlfriend who he'd broken up with just a couple of weeks prior to meeting me is actually his ex wife.

He didn't want to scare me off so didn't tell me and then he couldn't figure out how to tell me hence why it's over 2 months down the track and I've only just found out. So that's been weighing heavily on my mind for the past few days.

I don't have a problem being with someone who's been married before but the fact that it's so recent really scares me. He's explained that while they'd only recently broken up things hadn't been good for a long time but it still freaks me out.

I don't want to break up with him over this because I do believe that we've got a good thing going but this is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Has anyone heard from Ani? If you're out there Ani, I hope everything's ok. I miss you! :hug:

Madison
07-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I was just thinking about Ani this morning too.

I can understand your hesitation Julia - when he has spoken to you about the reasons for their marriage break up how does that resonate for you? Often you can feel the truth when someone speaks to you . . . sometimes people do make mistakes and get into marriages when they shouldnt. Go with your gut. If he is a good man, he may be worth it. But being on your own is better than being with the wrong one - I learned this the hard way the past year.

Kel - congrats on the 1kg baby!!!!

So I think I need to lose 0.6kg per week to make my Christmas goal. Ha! Oh who the **** knows. My TOM is all over the place at the best of times but it seems like I got the bloat last week, the actual TOM this week together with all the emotional c.rap and today I just feel like I am getting a cold or something. Just off. And everyon at work is pissing me off. I am a little ray of effing sunshine at the moment . . . .

PerthChick
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm here - feeling like crap because I just can't seem to stop putting weight back on, and can't get my head right about it.

Somehow I have managed to gain about 6kg - I know some of it is fluid because I struggle to drink water - but still…

Anyway, I am definitely joining the Christmas Challenge. Gotta get ready for work, but I will have a think about the best way to do this. And I will start right NOW!

Today's goals are:

1. Come up with a new weight loss plan.

2. Count my calories.

3. Drink plenty of water.

4. Work out why!!!

Madison
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Ani Yay for being back! :)

So I had a talk to myself over coffee and a gingernut biscuit (zipit! I hardly ever have biscuits in the office, this is prob. my 3rd one in a year. My issues are around portion control and savoury foods. But it was calling to me and its given me a little jolt of energy. OK, enough justification :D)

What I realised was . . . that I am expecting too much from the scales. When I got on the scales last week and ****myself, then lost 4.5kg in 4 days I did not think that those 4.5kg meant anything bcos in my mind it was just TOM bloat. Whether it was or not who cares, those kgs are now gone.

So when I hopped on the scales and saw a 200g increase and had a meltdown this morn, it was bcos I actually thought I'd be down another 4kg in a few days. INSANE.

This is what sticking to unrealistic plans has done for me in the past!!!! Made me expect to dop kilo's like that - and in the past I have, BUT SO WHAT. I AM STILL HERE AND STILL FRICKIN TALKING ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT.

Phew.

OK. Rant over :D

So I will happily accept all weight lost from now on with grace and dignity. No matter how big or small, until such time as I am no longer big, but small.

smylie
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
according to the calender - since may i have lost 400grams basically that includes a dozen gains and a dozen loses big and small but i am still 400 grams lighter than i was then
now i am focused i have to lose weight, my body just cant handle it anymore

ani - woohoo you back, i was about to sms you, a little worried, 6kg..... girlfriend WHAT is going on?? you can so lose it again, it HAS to be what you have been eating?? coz your job is still active and has not changed, holidays explains some of that......

julia - dont worry that he has just broken up with wife. honestly. most people that are seperated have been seperated in their relationships for a long time just not public or official. i know from experience. i met benji 2 weeks after officially seperating from my ex husband. if i had waited just for the sake of waiting i would lost the most wonderful man in the whole world. benji broke up with his girlfriend when he met me and THAT was messier than my break up with my exhusband. do what your HEART says not your head

smylie
07-05-2009, 10:06 PM
oh ps- danni - 4kg in one week??? unless you are on first week of shakes or soup diet that is NOT going to happen
fix your scales, work out how much you weigh, weigh yourself same time same place every week and then DONT think about it
think about how damn hot you will look at wedding
think about how damn hot you will look at xmas shindigs
think about how healthy you will be and how you will then be able to focus on something else and NOT THINK about it anymore

DONT THINK ABOUT IT

DO IT

(says me that has put on a disgusting amount of weight while dieting hehehe)

Madison
07-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Ha! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I cant wait to be slinky again.

Shall I post a pic so you can see what I am aiming for?

Madison
07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
The before was 122kg . . . the after I dont know, I last weighed before I left Sydney at 73.35kg and then this was after I had been in NYC for 2 months - when I got home I was around 70 and then well, we know what has happened since and we will not discuss it cos its not polite :D

I will prob pull this down later in case people from my real life track me down, snoopy buggers . . .

*snip*

smylie
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
ok so what do you weigh now? (i dont do pounds)

and by the way you look hot in after photo
you can be my work out buddy

i did 45 mins on the cross trainer today
BEAT THAT (and i was entertainer jemima at the same time while she was playing in the yard)

Madison
07-05-2009, 10:26 PM
45 minsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss!!!

Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

No gym for me today as I will be at work late-ish, but . . . no reason why I cant go home and do Jillians 30 Day Shred DVD eh?

OK. I will lock it in and do it!

I am only counting my last lowest weight ha! So 95.8 (if you want the actual just add 200g from this mornings weigh in - but I am not counting little moves up, if I go up again this week I will adjust my Christmas Challenge stats below). I wanna be 82 by Chrissie. I settled on that cos its very close to 80 but not so close that it seems scary impossible lol

Gawd. Makes me ill Kel :(

pacman12
07-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Gosh Julia, that would be a deal breaker for me I think, but then I always use any excuse to get out of a relationship that's going well, so don't listen to me.. haha. It wouldn't be the fact of the ex-wife so much as the weeks/months of deceit that would get to me.

LittleKiwi
07-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Gosh life is confusing sometimes! It's not a deal breaker for me but has given me a lot to think about.

He's joined the gym and is coming with me tonight. Someone to work out with wheeeeee!!

Madison
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I had not thought of the deceit either. Only you know the right thing for you though :)

smylie
07-05-2009, 10:54 PM
i had not thought of the weeks of deciet side of things.... i was always honest open and upfront about everything when i was seperating from my ex and getting together with benji

you must be important to him for him to have kept it a secret from you
and he must realise it now to make sure to not keep any secrets from you?

smylie
07-05-2009, 10:56 PM
gen - your neice is so so so so cute you so need to buy her heels and a crown for xmas

pacman12
07-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Apparently she went to the shopping center like this and got many comments haha.

Madison
07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I love her handbag!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute!! :)

LittleKiwi
07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Strangely, I'm not concerned about the deceit. I can understand his reasoning behind not telling me straight away even if I don't agree with it.

Love the photo of your niece Gen, she's adorable :D

Madison
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Your new pic reminds me of how I feel when i look in the mirror some days Julia . . . heheheeeeeeeeeee

amouse
07-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Julia... he told you he had broken up with an ex.. i dont think it matters what type of ex.. since like kel saifd emotionally your are seperate long b4 the decisions are made to end it.. unlike a gf/ bf thing that can end just like that .... i would feel a little confused that he didnt just come out with it.. but since it was a new relationship and you test thwe waters in the new one then.. i do think he was well valid to not tell you until he was comfortable... And in telling you it shows how much he thinkis of your relationship... i think its a great big PLUS... :)

Danni step away from the scales.... they will do your head in if you weigh too much..

Kel wooohooooooooooooooooooooooo on the loss

Ani welcome back... im glad your with us on the losing side till xmas. :)

gen your neice is very very sweet :)

lila shopping on line can be a real pain cant it... lol

vonni yes that is the wii game.

as for me .. 3 hours of swimming with the kids yesterday has left me rather sore today in the upper body.. kinda at the front of my arms pits... :) lol

but still manange a 90 minute walk today so all good ... heres hoping for a loss this week ...
:)

Lindor
07-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Scanning through my posts since arriving in Darwin, my biggest weigh in was 96.6kg.

Why did I go to the effort to find that trivial bit of information I hear you ask? (Or maybe not?)

Because, this morning when I arrived at work a guy commented on my weight loss!!! Is 3kg really that obvious???

Or is it true what they say about this guy being a bit of a flirty sleaze?? :lol:

Ani, good the see your courageous cat on the screen again! :)

How great is it to see us all in on the Christmas Challenge!!

Gotta go cook...'tis Beef Stroganoff tonight!

pacman12
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Day 1 of wearing this honking great armband thing to record my activity - they are doing a study of 1:1 coaching -vs- usual group weigh-ins prior to bariatric surgery to see if it improves weight loss and reduces complications. I don't know yet if I'll be randomized to the study group or not. Had to fill in this HUGE questionnaire (it was quite emotional, all these questions about how bad you feel about yourself basically!) and do 7 consecutive days of this armband. Driving me nuts already.. will see how long it takes for the boys to notice and start giving me crap haha.

Julia - like I said, don't take my advice on anything relationship wise haha. I have had bad experiences with boyfriends being dishonest, so I am more sensitive to it than most.

LittleKiwi
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all your thoughts on my man issue, I feel better having talked about it a bit.

Gen, hope you get on alright with your armband thingy! :dizzy:

Lindor, i guess sometimes 3kg can be a big difference. I'd take the compliment because it's always nice when people notice, regardless of their intentions!! :joker:

Amy, 3 hours of swimming? You're a NUTTER!! :cp:

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Ate well and did weights and a spin class at the gym. Had a healthy dinner and NO SNACKING though I did treat myself to a glass of red wine. Amazingly, I managed to stop at 1 glass ... go me! :cb:

Goals for today, eat well and have another good session at the gym.

Madison
07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a good day Julia! :)

My goal is to continue the eating for hunger and pilates tonight. Work is going to be full-on so prob no checking in from there. Hope everyone is having a good day :)

7senuf
07-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow nearly 3 pages of posts since i was on a few days ago. Julia he was prob scared to tell u at first then the more time went on the harder he found it to tell u. No matter. U like him, he likes you and you're happy. Are there any kids? If not even better cause it means he's moving on and has no ties to this woman any more.

Ani must drink more water. You've always been a big advocate for the liquid, what happened? Is it because of the cold?

I've gained i am sure, but not weighing in this week. I am really sick with the flu (hope I dont start oinking) and george is arriving any moment. Going off to the doctor today under orders from my boss lol. Hope i dont have to much time off work cause even thouigh working 4 -5 shifts a week i am only on contract for point 2 so dont have sick days up my sleeve.

Having said that, bugger it I AM going to weigh in

7senuf
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Bad mover up a kilo

pacman12
07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Are you kidding Von - Ani has always sucked at drinking enough water haha.

Have decided that not shopping is a good diet tool - can't eat anything bad because there's nothing but healthy stuff in the house.. sucks haha.

I am very very attached to one of the kittens... seriously considering adopting her.

PerthChick
07-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Keep the kitten Gen - you know you want to…

My new housemate: middle-aged straight man - way overweight, actually quite obese. Nice bloke I guess - very conservative, self-involved, boring, responsible - but talks relentlessly. Talk, talk, talk - and it drives me NUTS!

I can't even stand it when someone talks that much when they're saying something interesting - let alone all the tedious, boring crap he waffles on with every waking minute.

He doesn't even seem to notice that I don't listen, or rarely reply, or that I have my iPod blocking him out - he wakes, opens mouth, and dribbles sh!t from sun up to sun down.

He's going away for a month at the end of August - I can't wait!

Had a better day with food yesterday - not perfect. Better.

Today: less than 1800 calories, 2L of water, 10,000 steps on the pedometer.

LittleKiwi
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
He does have a daughter Vonni but that's from another relationship again. No kids with the ex wife so that's something. For 29 years old he's packed a bit in!

Ani the guy sounds like a right drongo! Try to remember, it could always be worse and at least he sounds better than some of your past housemates :dizzy:

Madison
07-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Where's my workout partner Kel????? I wanna know if she cracked an hour on the cross trainer :D (I dont know if I could even do 10 on there)

I am really not having a good time with TOM at the moment and as a result am just staying off the scales. I went to pilates tonight and am all shaky but am glad I did it.

Tomorrow night I have an appointment just outside of the city which I am going to walk to if its not pouring with rain so that will be about 40mins of hoof time.

Von - are you feeling any better?

Ani - how did your day go?

Gen - how are you going with that thing strapped to your arm today?

Lindor - it may 'only' be 3kgs but you may have lost some cm's :) Compliments are lovely!

Julia - what did you do at the gym tonight?

ps. I too love that we are all Christmas Challengey :)

Is everyone doing some sort of "plan" food-wise?

I keep reading posts here about doing a fixed plan versus not . . . although I do write down what I will eat every day I dont count any specific calories etc. and not sure I wanna just yet. But I do know that would give me better results . . . but would they be more long term? Dunno . . .

smylie
07-07-2009, 04:08 AM
okey pokey
i am hanging head in shame - i had choc cake today SO NOT IN THE PLAN
but i have not hit the cross trainer yet and i HAVE to coz i have made a commitment to myself i will go on every day this week
now - an hour is just crazy..... but i will attempt it - i did 45 mins yesterday - nothing on amy's 90min walk! crazy

but danni
you HAVE to plan what you are eating either in the morning or the night before
you HAVE to otherwise you eat crap
its that simple
and also it helps to motivate you to stay away from crap until your next meal coz your planned meal is so awesome... ok!

i have to go coz i have to make dinner
which is awesome
chicken, snowpea, pumpkin stirfry - cooked with lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and some cashew nuts
and for the fun of it broccoli - believe it or not jem's FAVE food

gotta go hubby home in 5 maybe!! woo

Madison
07-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Oooh dinner sounds YUM! I will be right there Kel!!! :D

I plan my meals out for the next day every night, including snacks etc and pack it all up and bring it to work, but I have never done the "maths" on what I am eating . . . is it too much . . . is it too little . . . yknow?

Here's today for example:

B - porridge made w/water and sugar free vanilla syrup (SF syrup from Gloria Jeans)
S - coffee w/teaspoon cream (a habit I picked up when I was doing low carb and that I cant/dont want to shake)
L - quinoa salad - quinoa, carrot, red and green capsicum, red cabbage, sun dried tomatoes and fetta w/ balsamic dressing - all raw veggies + coke zero
S - raw nuts 30g & granny smith
D - chicken "chilli" - chicken mince, mushrooms, onions, capsicums, canned tomatoes, some tomato paste w/ small tub of that fat free philly & maybe a salad - no oil in cooking

I just dunno. Why cant I just email my list to someone the night before and they can punch it into calorie king for me . . . hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Part of the reason I am hesitant about caloriekinging is that one of the things that makes me go off the rails is when I havent followed my day "perfectly" I just give up . . . a behaviour I am working on changing.

Madison
07-07-2009, 04:22 AM
I love broc too!!!!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/dimples_d/dancing-broccoli-23.gif

smylie
07-07-2009, 07:11 AM
49mins woo hoo

ani - i love your flatmate stories - can you write a book? i'll buy it

gen - keep the kitten call it duke

danni - i think benji has dibs on the left overs

Madison
07-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Yay for 49 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7senuf
07-07-2009, 08:50 AM
wow kel u been rockin.

Gen I agree.... keep the kitty :)

Dani whats quinoa? I think i read somethin about it in my healthy food guide mag. http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/

Ani u poor thing. keep the ipod volume up HIGH. but maybe you have found a weight loss buddy in yr wacko flatmate? Or is it going to sort of sabotage your efforts? Tell him a condition of living there is he keeps junk food out.

Went to Doc today. Have the flu and bronchitis. Gave me amoxil, prednisone, prodeine forte and ventolin. AND a medical cert for work for the rest of the week. Damn if i dnt work i dnt get paid, havent earnt enough sick days up.

When i took cert into work, the DON took one look at me asked what my doc put me on and rang hospital doctor. NExt thing u know i'm walkin outta there with tamiflu capsules. geez. lol.

But one good thing, i'm not eating much. everything tastes like crap. specially chocolate so maybe a good time to break that bad habit of mine thats holding me back.

Tomorrow
toast for brekky
salad for lunch
pasta for tea
try and drink a glass of water

7senuf
07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Just came across this

Diet is a four-letter word: don’t go on a diet. Don’t tell anyone that you are on a diet. You’ll only get caught in the DIG cycle – deprivation, indulgence, guilt. If you think you can’t have something, you will want it more. Allow yourself to eat everything, but less of it and less often.

PerthChick
07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Vonnie I've just finished two weeks of Amoxicillan Duo Forte and a bunch of other crap for my bronchitis … still not 100%, but definitely much better than I was.

I should write a book about my housemates - it's all very entertaining :D. Tonight when I came home I told him I had to work on my book (which is the truth since this one is due at the publisher in seven weeks from now), and he has taken the hint and spent the night in his room.

My demented cat, on the other hand, has been running around the house like an utter lunatic, leaping on my desk and knocking everything over that he can see. He just leapt on me and stuck his claws in my leg, grabbed my glasses and is running around the house with them in his mouth!

What price peace in MY household?

Been pretty good with food again today and met most of my goals. Might try for an early night and try to cancel out some of my sleep debt :dizzy:

7senuf
07-07-2009, 05:02 PM
haha Ani can just picture yr cat

LittleKiwi
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I did spin last night and it kicked my a$$! Damn it was hard. Made it thru the class though and was glad of that.

Macaroni cheese for dinner which probably wasn't the best choice but I'm down to the dregs in the freezer and pantry till payday tomorrow so that was my only option.

This morning I've woken up with the right side of my face all swollen and my wisdom teeth aching. I've got swollen glands and am kind of hoping that that's what's aggrivating my wisdoms as I can't afford to go to the dentist any time soon. My sister and her whole family have a bad case of strep throat so I may have caught that.

Other than that I'm feeling pretty good. Will still aim to go to the gym tonight.

amouse
07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
.... i have come to realise this time last year i was 121.7 kilos .... :) .. and im now 107.8 kilos... and i went through 10 tons of crap in the past year ... im feeling great im so proud i got through all that dribble and i managed to loose wieght is the past 1 thing has hit and i have gained and then stayed depressed for years afterr... this time... i stayed active and i pulled my *** out of the ditch ... even in the worst of it from nov to may i managed to drop 500 grams... ( 111.2-110.7)
nov till now has really been sh*t for me... lol
* my sister went nuts
*my girlfriend murdered an old lady on my street.. and my 8 yo son had nightmares ( and became withdrawn until she was arrested in march ) as he over heard me talking to police
* my dad was in a car accident
* my cousin died
* my mum went nuts
* my Nan died ..
and the crap has only just stopped an im 107.9...

sio im feeling great... im actually proud of my acheievemtn wheich up till now i have been sulking about and feeling like a failure... but going back i realise what i have achieved.... and it feels great ... knowing i can get through hard times wiothout gaining.. and i can occasioanally comfort eat and its not too bad... ... i havent had any sugnificant gain.. and im 100% above the water... im not depressed im happy and healthy and raring tio go...

99 by xmas there i come.... i have had my 3 nasty things 2 times for the year... i see no more curve balls coming my way... just lots of postive steps forwards... and downward... :)

pacman12
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Amy, that's a great achievement.. if you can lose weight through all that, you can do anything!!

I do want the kitten, but I really have to think about the animal - I don't know what will happen with my mum, and if/when/for how long I'll have to go back to Aus to look after her when she is dying. What am I gonna do with a cat for weeks on end? Also when I move home, she'd have to go into quarantine for a month etc... will have to decide within the next week. She went from running away when I got her and even looked at her, to now she greets me at the front door when I come home, stretching cos she was asleep, and slinking all around my legs, and laying next to me to sleep with her foot on my leg. **sob*

Vonni - do you have swine flu? Did they check bloods? Look after yourself and have a low tolerance for worsening symptoms.

Madison
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh Amy that has been a horrid year for you for sure :( The fact that you have come out of that still hopeful and positive is wonderful. You rock!

PerthChick
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
On my virtual walk across Australia I reached the half-way point last week. I started this challenge last November - so it has taken me nine months to get to this point.

I have a big map of Australia in my office, and each week I move a coloured drawing pin to the point on the map where I 'am' - it's a great visual because it's a constant reminder of how far I have come. I am currently travelling from Ceduna to Port Augusta in South Australia.

Gen when you consider what's best for the kitten, only you can know that. You've given it a wonderful start in life, and made it feel really safe - and if you decide to have it re-homed it will be with the knowledge that you've given it a much better chance at life than it would otherwise have had. Not an easy decision!

Vonni are you feeling better? I'm with Gen - I read in the news this morning that most people being tested for flu in Oz are testing positive to swine flu - so it's worth checking out.

I am very determined to reach my goals today - starting to get my mojo back :).

smylie
07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
asians are gorgous and mostly skinny
so my lunch of japenese today will be good for my diet
yep yep

Madison
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I love Jap food!!!! Ugh I am almost done with the payment summaries at work. I think lots of staff are keen to get their tax returns in early so are stalking me to see where I am up to.

Am sposed to go to Melb later this month but all this talk of swine flu particularly in Vic has me reconsidering . . . .

Oh! I just realised I am 25.5% of the way towards my Christmas Challenge!

smylie
07-08-2009, 03:09 AM
i have a new personal trainer
her name is jemima
today when we were going for our walk.....
'RUN MUMMMY"
RUN more MUMMY
RUN MUMMMMMMY RUN
then
hysterical laughing while i was running
the dogs loved it too
if she starts saying "faster faster" i'm just going to die!!!

more than a quarter on the way to your xmas challenge already!! danni you rock
spag bol tonight for us for dinner but for me it will be just bol i am avoiding carbs at night time kinda - but i never ever have much spaghetti anyway

Lindor
07-08-2009, 03:42 AM
I just got back from a long walk. A walk that I took for no other than I just wanted to get out of the house and go for a walk!!

Ordinarily on a Wednesday afternoon I'd be doing the pamphlet round, but I finished that yesterday.

While out on my walk I popped into the local Woolworths store and argued the cost of apples with the shift manager after I was charged too much for the apples I bought on Monday (bought Royal Gala, but was rung up for Pink Ladys at more than $2/kg more!). Pleased to say I got a full refund!

So, for someone who doesn't impulsively get up and exercise, I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself :D

7senuf
07-08-2009, 06:33 AM
yay lindor good one you for both yr walk AND standing up to the huge arse chain store companies that rip us off.

Well no i havent been blood tested for swine flu as such (I originally went to my gp) but when went to give med cert to work for influenza and bronchitis they gave me the meds for it as a precaution. Work isnt taking any chances. Most health care workers are treated as such apparently. I have to stay home 72 hours. Its the coughing and not catching my breath in evening and wee hours of the morning that is wearing me out. I havent come into contact with anyone who as it that i am aware of and i didnt work down in the flu clinic when we had it open either. In saying that many people who have it dont know where they came into contact so..... Anyhow, I am not snorting or squealing like a piggy so no i dont think it swine flu.

Madison
07-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Yay for your working out Lindor & Kel! I went for HALF my walk tonight, realised I was running late for my appointment and had to get a cab the rest of the way. heeeee

Bloody **** . . . Magda Schubanski weighs less than all of us!!! NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!! She says on the new ad that she does 50 mins on the cross trainer!!! OMG! Something for me to work up to!

Von I hope you are feeling better soon!

LittleKiwi
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Magda Schubanski looks HOT in those ads! I also saw in one of The Boy's FHM mags that she was voted in Aussie's top 100 hottest women which I thought was very cool. And that was before she started on the Jenny Craig thing.

I went to the gym last night and did weights followed by a 30 minute run. Weighed myself and was very disappointed to see that the scales said 88.9 which is 20 grams up from last week.

I'm exercising like a demon and I know that I need to do something about my diet if I want to lose weight but I just can't get into the right frame of mind for counting points again.

Payday today so I'll be visiting the supermarket and will endeavour to buy better cuts of meat - more chicken, less sausages and mince.

My wisdom teef are playing up at the moment, the whole right side of my face is swollen and I feel like someone's punched me in the jaw. Off to the dentist this morning to see if he can refer me to an oral surgeon to get them pulled out.

smylie
07-08-2009, 05:48 PM
oh wisdom teeth out will certainly help your diet!!!! soup soup soup (and icecream and jelly) i try and avoid sausages as i cant afford to buy the ones with really good stuff in them

amy - wow 20kg GONE wowowowowowowowowowowowowowow wow

danni - SO funny you caught a cab for the rest of your walk - but you went on your walk so that rocks

vonni - didnt lukas's school get closed coz of swine flu?? did he know the person who had it? rest up and have soup (and share meatball recipe you texted me about - i will give it a go - i have made meat balls 3 times.... and hmmmm)

made some wild soup last night..... not sure what it is going to taste like, i DO know though i will have no friends by the end of this batch: garlic (heaps) celery, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli, curry powder and dried oregano i think thats it....hmmmmmm i am going to be so smelly in so many ways!

ani - does your body need some kind of kick start to start losing weight again? do you need to do a quick detox or something to get your juices moving?

Madison
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Kel - OMG you are uppppppppppppppppppppppp! ;)

OMG I was halfway down Oxford St last night and was like . . . how far is this place?????? Not realising at Paddington all the street numbers change so I panicked and had to get a cab. But last night I REALLY felt the difference in a day with no workout. I missed it & the extra energy.

So I have packed my workout stuff :)

Have a good day all!

amouse
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Magda does look amazing doesnt she??? i just went on the jenny craig website to have a look.. :)

vonni no coughing in the forum.... lol.... i hope you feel better soon.... :)

Julia wisdom teeth are nasty things... mine have been bugging me for years.. they flair up and down.. and are only half way through the gum.. :(.. yuck.

RUN KEL RUN................ lol... good girl jemima... :)

kel magda has lost 20... :)

me i have lost more... heheheheh i was 135 kilos when i started so im getting closer to 30 lost :)

i tried to kill my daughter yesterday....

Cameron went to the movies with my mil.. so i took leah with a friend of mine and her son to a play cafe.
I got her what i thought would be "safe for her " a ham and cheese sandwich an orange juice and a banana.. ( kids meal ). i got myself and iced coffee. not thinking it would be covered in cream and so damn sweet ( left most of it ) ... anyway.. Leah ate her sandwich then.. i gave her the spoon and she ate the cream off my coffee ... not even 10 minutes later Leah is screaming..... she is way up the top in the tunnels... ( where there is very little airflow... ) and she has vomited up there .... she came down covered in vomit and a blood nose... i Changed her and we left ... another 5 minutes... she starts crying again..... "im all itchy she says... " so yup you guessed it shes now covered in the pricky hot allergy rash...and her little hands were blowing up .. so i ran up the chemist blew 20 on antihistamine and gave it too her... it was a god damn ham and cheese f*cking sandwich... and some cream why would there be f*cking preservatives in any of that?????????????? the food in this country is a god damn joke. It makes me so angry my child has to get so sick and why... becuase the f*cking government allows food companies to put poisoness chemical rubbish in our foods...

pacman12
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I went and looked - Magda does look great. I worry though - once she's off Jenny Craig packaged food, will she regain it all? I don't know of any celebrity weight loss spokesperson that HASN'T regained it after stopping - have you seen Kirstie Alley lately? She regained 80lbs after stopping JC.

It's what keeps me moving towards the surgery - when I think I can lose it myself, I know I can... BUT I also know I'll probably regain it. Last time I lost weight I was SURE I would never gain it back, and then an injury and laziness, and bang - fatter than ever.

PerthChick
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Magda is getting paid to do Jenny Craig, and she has free access to a gym, free weekly sessions with a personal counsellor, free Jenny Craig food, plus a healthy cheque in the bank for being the current pin-up chick of JC - everyone would be able to lose weight in that environment.

The true test of weight loss isn't what happens in the first six months - it's where you are a couple of years down the track. I agree that Magda looks fantastic - but as you all know I have a deep suspicion of "the weight loss industry" that makes heaps of money from our excess fat, and our lack of self-belief in being able to get rid of it.

Kel I think the best detox for anyone's body is to eat healthy unprocessed food and to flush with water. All those detox programmes are really just fancy ways to make you drink heaps of water and flush stuff out - and I don't eat a lot of stuff with preservatives, so I don't see any value in spending money to do what I can do at home for free :D.

My main problem is finding how many calories to eat to fuel my body, while not leaving me hungry and physically weak - but not too many calories that I will put on weight. Here's what I did yesterday:

• Walked 10.6km in steel-capped boots;

• Lifted a total of 4,600kg - and by the end of it had muscle fatigue to the point where I could hardly lift a feather;

• Swept for more than 30 minutes;

• Walked up and down about 20 flights of stairs throughout the day.

How is it even possible to measure the calories I would burn throughout the day and be able to match that with the appropriate amount of food to eat.

Add to that the shift work I do - I never eat/sleep at the same time for two weeks in a row.

:shrug:

And I ate around 1900 calories and went to bed feeling hungry!

Beats me…

Madison
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Bloody **** Ani! What a day!!!

On Magda . . . I think she is around 80kg now. She looks so happy :) I hope she does keep it off.

I have lost weight doing JC too years ago . . . and all that all this yo yo-ing has lead me to believe is that you can lose weight doing ANYTHING if it makes sense for you. What I am trying to work out this time is how to keep it off - for good. Cos like you Gen, I honestly DID NOT think that I would ever gain so much weight back. I stayed between 70-73 for about 5 months, was really happy and comfortable and was not "dieting" in that time, not "counting" anything just gauging by how my clothes felt and the energy I had.

But life throws you some lemons plus a physical "reason" I cant lose weight as quickly as other people (PCOS) and I just ran with it and gave up. Its that which I am working on more than the food stuff now. My ability to just give up in the face of a lack of perceived perfection.

Which leads me back to the thing that keeps going round in my head . . . is the true way to be successful to 'count' and document what I eat for the rest of my life?? Who knows. For me I really dont think that is the way, or even that its about the food itself . . . its how to find ways to deal with my 'stuff' and to find ways to entertain myself that dont revolve around food.

And the journey continues :)

Cant wait to hit the gym tonight. A family thing for this weekend has been postponed too so am happy about that cos I am far more balanced with food and working out when I am not at my parentals!

Madison
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Ani, are you eating enough protein during the day? I find that a chicken boob usually keeps me fuller than these saladdy silly things I have been eating these days. And 1900 calories with that much physical exercise is probably not too high/

pacman12
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
A big problem in why I regained the weight is my "all or nothing" thinking. Once I blow a day, I think oh well, I may as well keep eating now. What's the point of going for a walk? Etc. That is one thing I am going to have to figure out even if I get the surgery.

I have an appt with a psychologist this weekend. My PCP referred me to someone in her practice, but she was a psychiatrist and she recommended this woman (and said that she has been HER therapist for 15 years!). Haha.. gotta love america sometimes... Anyhow. I thought it would be worth discussing the surgery as well as what's been going on with mum etc. I had better take a lot of tissues, I am SUCH a sook..

Ani, I wish you'd get a heart rate monitor and actually track your calorie expenditure. Even if you borrowed one from someone and got an idea (I know they can be expensive but some aren't that bad)...? Would be nice to be able to at least estimate what you need to be eating. If only I recalled that handy dandy site where I used to be able to work it out.

Madison
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I just came across one! Kinda lol

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Yup its that all or nothing mentality for me too Gen. Am working through it with my psychologist too. I see her tmro night - go me with my thriving social life in the therapists office at 6pm on a Friday.

:D

LittleKiwi
07-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Gen good luck with the head shrinker! I'm sure it will help you lots. I think they're great and I'd see one if I could afford it :D

Damn Ani, that's a physical day you describe! Do you take your physical measurements as well as weighing? May be worthwhile to see if your size is going up along with your weight ...

Oh poor kid Amy, that's terrible that she had such a reaction to something that as you say, shouldn't have any preservatives in it :(

I've had an interesting day today. Dentist has referred me to an oral surgeon so I've got that to look forward to next month :fr:

I was thinking about how frustrated I am at doing all this exercise and eating well and not losing any weight so I went to see the doctor and asked him about going on Reductil.

He established that basically I don't eat enough for it to be hugely helpful and then we had a 20 minute discussion where he essentially suggested that I eat no carbs at all for 2 weeks and then re-introduce carbs but less of them than what I'm eating now.

Interesting theory. He said that he used to weight 120kg and that he lost lots of weight that way and has kept it off. He said he's not advocating Atkins as such, just re-jigging my diet to give my body only what it needs to function.

So I'm going to do some research and will seriously consider giving it a go. The most important thing will be to figure out a good variety of stuff to eat.

Madison
07-09-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm a fan of the low carb approach (interestingly it wasnt reintroducing carbs that made me gain so much weight). What kind of low carb/no carb plan did the doc suggest? What kind of foods etc? Would be happy to help with ideas etc if you would like some :) And if you do it Julia I will do it tooooooooooo :D

LittleKiwi
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
He basically said that for the best results I should do 2 weeks with zero carbs then 8 weeks reintroducing them but mainly using fruit and veg. He said that this will get my body into fat burning mode.

I'm trying to find out what I can have for breakfast and for snacks. They're the two main things I'm wondering about at the moment.

Madison
07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Snacks - Boiled eggs, cheese sticks, limited nuts (walnuts have a zero carb effect when you net off fibre from the carbs in them pretty much).

Breakfast - Atkins shakes, bacon & eggs . . . steak? (dont laugh some of my friends do eat steak for breakfast! ha!)

So NO veggies for 2 weeks??? Thats pretty hardcore. If you just tracked your carbs and kept them to 20 or less per day you would still have AMAZING results.

There are some in just about everything so unless you are purely just eating meat & egg whites you wont be at zero for the day.

LittleKiwi
07-09-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm sure he couldn't have meant no veg for 2 weeks. That would just be stupid! What veggies are low carb?

Madison
07-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Anything green is your friend!!! :)

Actually I found you a list:
http://www.atkins.com/Program/FourPhases/WhatIsInduction/AcceptableFoodsList.aspx

I would not recommend zero carb. There are loads of people out there who are fans, but from my experience in the LC area, veggies are your friend :)

It sounds like what your doctor is suggesting is Atkins Induction or Stillmans (another LC plan).

http://www.aboutatkinsdiet.com/atkins_diet_induction_phase.htm

http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html (I would not do this for more than 2 weeks)

Also, just a tip - if you are going to start soon, may I suggest making a start tmro morning - you may feel awful the first few days so best to have that over the weekend than try and be at work when you want to throw up. By day 4 you will feel like a stick insect (all the bloat will be gone) and have more energy.

I would also recommend LOADS of water and I stuck to more lean meats when I did it - like chicken and fish bcos it made me feel better than inhaling too much red meat.

LittleKiwi
07-09-2009, 01:19 AM
That's awesome Danni, thanks for all the advise! :D

Madison
07-09-2009, 01:28 AM
No worries hunny bun! :)

Madison
07-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Another leetle tip . . . Weight Watchers bacon is pretty good . . . I couldnt do the fatty bacon.

Another place with tips and recipes:
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/

pacman12
07-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Check out South Beach diet as well - it's less extreme than Atkins, and has phases where you eat less carbs, then increase etc. My friend had good results with it (and she was already skinny, she just wanted a 6 pack!!). She does have terrible farts though... and I know she drinks a raw egg with protein powder for breakfast which makes me want to hurl. Being thinner isn't worth that haha!

Madison
07-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Yes yes, SB :)

I am pooped. I did a 45 minute pilates class tonight and 30 min run on the treadmill. I forgot a bottle of water and was totally dehydrated, ended up going back to the office to get some panadol and water so I could feel better before coming home. Feeling much better tonight and so glad I went :)

TGI(almost)F!!!!

LittleKiwi
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Ooh Danni that sounds dangerous, I couldn't do any sort of run without water!

Had my first carb free breakfast - a chicken sausage omelette. Not bad.

Still feeling absolutely miserable with my face all sore and swollen. On antibiotics now though so hopefully the infection will die down soon.

Looking forward to doing lots of research today about low carb cooking and will check out the south beach diet too, thanks Gen. Don't know about having a raw egg with protein powder though - gak!

Madison
07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
So sorry to hear you are not feeling great :(

I dont want to go to work today, have such a headache this morn.

I think I may just go in jeans . . .

Am going to try to go for a little run tonight too just to stretch out my bits after the pilates.

I had oatmeal for breakfast - love it! :)

LittleKiwi
07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
What's the story with carrots? Are they high carb veggies? :carrot:

pacman12
07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
8g per 1/2 cup of cooked carrot. No idea if that is high or low!

http://annecollins.net/carbs-vegetables.htm

Madison
07-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Supposedly. They are also high GI but at the end of the day I am a firm believer that fruit & veggies are not what made me fat.

amouse
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
ok i get the whole idea of high protien but what worries me is the cost how can you afford to eat so much meat...??? and ketosis is not very good for you either.. .. i guess im just a worrier... :)

I think the idea of sb is much better then atkins.. lean protien with veg and some fruit.. the thing is though any plan you cant stick to long term isnt gonna make to much a difference in the long run...

So do you think say a few high protien... low carb days a week as oppossed to all the time would be benificial? i know your doctor said 2 weeks julia.. i get that... but what to do after that?? less carbs?

im only asking for my own benefit... lol... i could handle a few high protien low carb days... but couldnt go low carb for long... lol .. :) and im more then keen to get things moving in the right direction since today im showing yet another gain... i know TOM is very close and 200grams is nothing really but still... GRRRRRR.... i want to be losing not gaining

amouse
07-09-2009, 09:02 PM
yeah i agree with the fruit and veg thing not making one fat... that is the cake biscuits.. fried rubbish they call food and all those things we use as comfort foods like chocolate and chips... and and and........... lol

as for me trying to do low carb today it want happen i made mixed berry pancakes for breaky..... lol ...

b4 i read the boards.. :( lol...

but i did go and get some roo out the freezer to cook up for lunch... gonna do some sweet potato and mushrooms with it.. yummy.

Madison
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I think I was in ketosis for 9 munfs and it diderrrrnt affekt me nun *twitch twitch*

;)

heheheeeeeeeeee

I have had to re-program myself for ages now to see that fruit & veggies (especially) are my friend!!! Chips and pizza . . . not so much . . .

PerthChick
07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
A friend of mine did the low carb/Atkins diet and went from 100kg down to 70kg in about six months. As soon as she went back to old 'normal' eating habits she put it all back on, and has been around 105kg for the last two years.

Next month it will be my third anniversary of starting this weight loss journey - THREE years - and I still have a little way to go. But the thing is I have now been in the habit of eating healthy food and exercising regularly for all that time.

As most of you know I am a HUGE fan of the 'slow and steady' thing, of making small but permanent changes to your lifestyle. And even though it can be slow and frustrating sometimes, when I look at who I was three years ago compared to today - I barely recognise the woman I used to be.

I complain about gaining a few kilos - but instead of thinking "I knew I couldn't do it", I just knuckle down and get rid of them. I'd rather lose 5kg than have to go back and lose 35 again!

It has been a much better week for me and I am hoping to lose a pound or so at Monday's weigh-in.

Madison
07-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I actually dont think re-introducing carbs was my downfall. I lived in NYC for three months and ate a wide variety of food including bagels, pizza, pasta . . . but I was running then and only ate for hunger not entertainment. The head stuff is what gets me into trouble though - am hopeful that there is a way to get it all in balance though :)

Ani I just realised you are SOOOOOOOOOO close to your goal!!! Awesome! Glad you are having a good week. Today is much better for me in terms of energy now that TOM is gone. It makes such a difference.

amouse
07-10-2009, 12:14 AM
ok well i decided to just get serious with myself.. :)

i just got off the elliptical 30 minutes 9 km... :) and i feel great ...

had beery pancakes for breaky
kangeroo mushrooms cabbage and sweet potato for lunch
and am going to make meatballs or shepards pie for dinner
had a banana for a snack
so fairly low in carbs for the day good on protien and food i like...

Madison
07-10-2009, 12:37 AM
30 mins on the elliptical Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

I have to admit that machine skeers me lol

smylie
07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
I complain about gaining a few kilos - but instead of thinking "I knew I couldn't do it", I just knuckle down and get rid of them. I'd rather lose 5kg than have to go back and lose 35 again! ------------------ well said ani

i think with the right mindframe a kickstart to diet is the way to go - i think maybe people get it in their head they can go from nothing to normal.... not going to happen..... i went from nothing to pregnant - without the chance to change mindframe

i cant wait to get under 100
i have been eating really well and doing exercise every day
no cross trainer yesterday or today but dog walking both days
AND lunges with Jemima - must have been funny to watch i had her on my shoulders (so 14kg weight) and did lunges for the whole of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwy1x0-cZaI&NR=1
only three minutes but i am feeling it today!!!

slow and steady this body is wanting to move again
woohoo

now jemima is ordering cups of tea on her cash register so i think i might go and make us all one (she is so cute she loves and drinks real cups of tea with me - or without me - she cant seem to start the morning without a "cup of tea" i love it!)

have a GREAT weekend everyone

smylie
07-10-2009, 07:14 AM
9kms is insane amy - you are so so fit!!! i dont get that far doing half an hour!
danni - i cant remember what exercise you did but it was insane too!!! (and you forgot your water - naughty!)
i have drunk one can of softdrink in the last two days - i had half yesterday - jemima had a quarter - and i had the rest today! so woo me

Madison
07-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Good going on the no softies Kel!

I just set my alarm for an 8am pilates class in the city tmro . . . eeeek!

7senuf
07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Meatballs''
1 onion and 1 clove garlic cut fine.... cook off in a little olive oil then add to

500gm lean mince
handful breadcrumbs
1 tspoon dried sage,
1 tspoon dried rosemary
1 egg
1 grated carrot
mix together and roll into balls
Bake in oven 160 degrees (celsius Gen)

Sauce -
while in oven put in saucepan
1 cup red wine
2 tins (or one large) diced tomatoes
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs dried mixed herbs.
Let it simmer till meatballs are done

Add meatballs to sauce and serve with pasta, rice or mashed potato.

They are so so yummy and not bad for you, specially if u make yr own mince.

7senuf
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Ps the meatballs take bout half hour depending on size you roll em. This supposedly does 4 people but i fed 6

LittleKiwi
07-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I hear what you're saying Ani and I totally agree with it. I guess I'm just hoping to get a bit of a kick start by cutting out carbs for a little while. I figure that I'll re-introduce carbs eventually but perhaps only for breakfast and lunch and stick with no carbs for dinner.

It's all very experimental at this stage, I'm doing lots of reading about it and am determined to make sure that I am still eating good, healthy, balanced meals.

My wisdom tooth is still really sore. I had to leave work early yesterday I was in so much pain :( and it woke me up at 4am I was in so much pain. Have taken a fist full of painkillers and it's died down to a dull ache so at least I can work for my 3 1/2 hours this morning.

I really want to go to the gym as I've only been 3 times so far this week but I'll just wait and see how I feel when I finish work. If I'm still feeling miserable I'm not going!

PerthChick
07-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Julia I can't bear toothache - it's just the worst pain…

Amy that's some workout! Ellipticals scare me too, and I am very impressed that you can get such a good workout on one.

I'm off to the chiropractor shortly. If I move my head more than 20º to the left, I feel like I am being stabbed in the shoulder blade - can't be good.

Speaking of 'not good' I am having a serious conflict with my closest friend. We've been talking about going to New Zealand for a holiday, and I agreed that at the end of September I might be able to go. So she went and booked and PAID for the beginning of September without checking with me first.

There is no way I can go then. Aside from anything else I cannot save that much, on my income, in such a short time. Also, my housemate - who is willing to look after my cats for me - will be away for September, so I would have to pay to have them boarded.

I had also stressed to her that I wanted to see my mum, so I would take a separate flight (on the way back from NZ) to central NSW to spend a week with mum… Not possible on such short notice because I can't afford to save up for the extra.

So I am now stuck with having to pay for a ticket I can't use, and her not speaking to me because I can't go when she booked it. I'm pretty annoyed with her for doing it without asking me first (she earns around $180K/year and has a lot more financial freedom than me).

But how can anyone expect me to save the necessary $3K+ in FOUR pays when I am on a low income and don't have a credit card? I could do it if I didn't pay my rent, or eat…

AND

I am on a deadline to get my next book to the publisher - and I really cannot afford the distraction or the drama!

amouse
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
oh ani that sucks.... flights can be resheculded though cant they??? why is it such a big deal for her to go a month earlier??? i would just flat out tell her you cant go till the end of the month... :( surely it wont matter for her will it??

Madison
07-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Julia - sorry your teefies are still hurting :( Will you be having the tooth out?

Ani - what a nightmare! No matter how much someone earns, bad manners is just bad manners. I dont think I have ever booked even a theatre ticket without ringing my friend to re-confirm dates etc

How's your neck feeling?

So I got up at 6.30am today to head to the gym. I did an hour pilates class and then went to gym #2 (the one the boss pays for) to hit the treadmill for 30mins and use their showers (at my gym its all BYO but at the other one they provide toiletries etc).

Going to head to the shops soon and prep my food for next week.

Tmro I think I may need to go into work.

Lindor
07-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Ani, that is a frustrating situation to be in! I hope it can be sorted out without affecting the friendship too much.

Well folks! It's official!! I am booked in to jump out of a plane at 14,000ft in fifteen days!!! The weight limit is apparently not carved in stone...the real requirement is to be able to pull your legs up for the landing! Having said that, I am still planning to be as close to 90kg by then! I wasn't intending to do it this so soon, but the 14,000ft jumps are only available for a week at the end of July and I wanted to see if I could make one of those jumps rather than the standard 10,000 or 12,000ft jumps.

Eeekkk...what have I done!!! :lol:

7senuf
07-11-2009, 05:40 AM
yayyyy Lindor how awesome. we want pics

Lila Leeds
07-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow Lindor. Amazing. I am chicken poop when it comes to things like that. Feel the fear and do it anyway, hah! More like feel the fear & run a mile - hey that's a thought, I'd get more exercise then!

Lindor
07-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I am usually chicken poop at these kind of things too. But for some reason, I feel I need to do this? I am sick of just existing and not living...every day is just a routine for me. It's time for me to live a little!

Before coming here, I was 'living' in a small town where I literally hid away from everyone and everything. I was fat, boring and convinced people were mocking me and every thing I did. Everything I did was also with others in mind - "What will people think if I did that?" Stupid...but I think that is what is called small town mentality???

Anyway, here is a whole new world for me. Here, is where I don't care what people think. Here, is where I do what I want to do!

Here, is where I am me!

LittleKiwi
07-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Woo Lindor that's awesome! I'm sure you'll absolutely love it and good on you for challenging yourself to do something so out of the ordinary. :carrot:

Ani I'm so sorry to hear what's happening with you and your friend. It seems totally unreasonable that she has done this to you and it's put you in an awful position. No chance she can find someone else to use the ticket?

I've had a quiet weekend, toof pain still pretty severe so I've been laying low. Diet seems to have been pretty good. I've tried to do all meals as low carb as possible and today I got a couple of books from the library so that I can learn more about it.

Here's hoping that my toof is feeling better tomorrow! I'm on antibiotics to try and kill the infection and have to wait till 3 August for my appointment to see an oral surgeon who will then assess if I need the wisdom teef excised. Eek!

7senuf
07-12-2009, 04:31 AM
good luck with the tooth Julia :)

LittleKiwi
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Toof's a little less sore today thank goodness. Hopefully it will be totally painless soon :D

I've been doing the low carb thing for a few days now but I'm considering today my Day 1. Breakfast was 1 rasher of chicken bacon, 1 chicken sausage, 1 egg and some onion and green pepper.

Gym tonight and I'll do weights and maybe 30 minutes cardio.

7senuf
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
hi guys. well being sick has its advantages i suppose. lost a kilo even though i am still eating haha. prob damn well put it all back on again though when better. Have read all posts just no energy to reply to all.

have a great day
Vonni xoxox

7senuf
07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
julia where did u get the chicken bacon? What did it taste like? that sounds weird lol

smylie
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
is there such a thing as chicken bacon?
i am over it
but i know i have to keep on going
today i am up 800grams
i dont understand it
i exercised everyday - i thought that alone would make me lose weight
i ate well everyday - the minimal treats i had should not have made me put on weight
not happy jan

pacman12
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
The more I read about lap band complications - bands slipping, rupturing, infections etc, not to mention port problems, needing fills/unfills forever... I am leaning towards laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Makes your stomach smaller permanently (staples) and reduces the hormone ghrelin, which causes hunger. No followup maintenance needed (apart from usual checkups).

Only problem is - don't think my insurance pays for it as they call it 'experimental'. Will have to ask the surgeon when/if I get to that stage.

LittleKiwi
07-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Kel. I'm afraid I don't have any words of wisdom but I can definitely sympathise because that's pretty much what happens to me all the time. It's VERY frustrating! I guess you've just got to keep on keeping on and it'll pay off in the end.

Gen, you've certainly got a lot to think about. Any kind of surgery is a BIG deal.

Chicken bacon is produced here by Tegel which is NZ's biggest chicken supplier. It takes very much like bacon but is made of chicken so contains less fat.

PerthChick
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Lindor I am in awe - do you have to do anything to prepare? Are you doing a tandem jump or leaping out solo? I think it's a fantastic thing you're doing, and I can't wait to hear about it.

For $50 I can change the date of my trip to NZ - but of course my friend has refused to change her plans. So I am stuck with a plane ticket I hadn't planned on buying, and will now have to start saving to make a trip on my own that I hadn't planned on taking. Excellent!

I'm working late shift for two weeks in a row now - so I guess I'll have some kind of routine.

Gen keep researching. It's a big decision, so you should be really comfortable with it before deciding to go ahead and do anything.

This week's plan is to stick to my goals. I'll weigh-in tomorrow and see how I am tracking. If I can't get myself sorted by the end of this month I am going to join a local Weight Watchers.

LittleKiwi
07-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Where in NZ is your ticket to Ani? I'm in Christchurch and you're more than welcome to come and visit me! I don't really have room to put you up but my mum's got a huge house with several spare beds if you want one :D

amouse
07-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Ani what a mean freind.. you just cant rely on anyone these days :( .

Julia im happy your tooth is on the mend.

Kel that sucks big time... but is TOm near??? maybe hormones are at play?? dont be discouraged... why not get on cal king and see if there was anything you can improve on.,. somtimes.. you can be eating more then you think...
I know you dont like it but if you just have a look at a few days maybe you cann see whats up... if nothing then blame it on hormaones.. dust off and keep going :)

Me dont ask..... lol.. TOM is well and truely making me pay... i gave up on sleep last night at 2 am... dint get a wink.. till about 5.30 and woke at 6....

feel like crap.... made something nasty and ate it and am sitting at 1645 cals and havent even had dinner yet....

grrr .. so my plan now is to go burn some junk off on the elliptical.. and hope i dont pass out from lack of sleep ... atm im feeling ok... later i will be very grumpy so better go work my *** off now.. ... lol...

lack of sleep as always is when i eat crap... like eating crap is gonna give me more energy........ wrong.. i have felt sick most of the day after eating it and am only just feeling good now... tee hee hee.... one day ill learn...... maybe.... hey at least im not gonna have anymore children.... so no more sleepless bull crap... :) thats bascially where i have put all this weight on...

ok better stop stalling and go work some of it off.. :)

smylie
07-13-2009, 01:24 AM
TOM last week
so cant blame that
going with muscle growth until further notice

Lila Leeds
07-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Smylie, if you are exercising regularly then it's GOT to be muscle mass.

I know I should have waited till Wednesday (my proper weigh in) but I hopped on the scales this morning & I've lost 1.3 kgs. Woohoo!!

amouse
07-13-2009, 02:42 AM
ahhh bad food gone... 60 minutes on elliptical 19.1 km... :) ahh feel the burn... my whole body is buzzing.... ... so slightly faster then last time to .. as i did 9 in 30... woohoo me.. 0.5 kph faster

Lila Leeds
07-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Amy, that's great.

For me exercise has always been the elephant in the room, something I just keep ignoring. I've always been a bit leerey about the gym. You know how it is, self concious about my body, paranoid that I am the biggest person there.

BS excuses, right?

OK no more excuses. The council pool & gym are just down the street. This week I'm going there & checking it out, as long as it isn't too expensive I'm signing up.

PROMISE.

smylie
07-13-2009, 06:28 AM
lila - here's the thing EVERYONE at the gym thinks EVERYONE is looking at them - so EVERYONE is so worried about EVERYONE else that NOONE is actually caring what ANYONE else looks like!!
join the gym and join me on a six week get your moneys worth "challenge" kind of like a bootcamp....
i plan to go in the next couple of days and join for 6 weeks (very special deal fitness first has at the moment) i also will get 3 pt sessions included in the price, hopefully jemima likes the kidszone and benji can come home early on the days i cant send her to kids club as i intend to get there 5 days a week for my 6 week membership and reevaluate after that

amy - you rock!

Lindor
07-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Ani, I am jumping tandem. I don't want to be responsible for killing myself...that would be suicide! :lol: There is a 15min prep session proir to getting on the plane where they basically explain that you have cross your arms over your chest when you jump and that you have to raise your legs into a kind of sitting position for landing. Otherwise it is just a case of enjoying the ride!

I have to admit to struggling with my diet this last week.

Last week I did no cooking because my freezer was overflowing with leftovers! And I have noticed that without the distraction of cooking a meal every night leaves me open to boredom and snacking. I need to somehow space my cooking out a little more. When I cook, I cook portions for two - one portion for the evening meal, two half portions for lunches - this week I am going to try to alternate my cooking nights with an evening walk and have one of the half portions as another evening meal with a salad.

Why does a healthy lifestyle have to be so hard to work out!

Madison
07-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Why does a healthy lifestyle have to be so hard to work out!

Seriously eh! :)

Man its freezing tonight!

I have been doing ok, am really enjoying the gym(s) but still feel like my eating is all over the place. No real jumk (cos I dont have any in the house) but just feel like am putting away too much you know?

Oh well, can only focus on so many things at once. This week its more gym focus :)
Kel - you could def. be retaining water from all your workouts- have read smthg about that that if you start a new workout regime not to weigh in for a bit til it settles.

smylie
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
i joined the gym
i am going in the morning
i am going to sort this out
i am going to stick to the ONE thing for 6 weeks
i have to
i have to get under 100kg SOON
food rewards and food punishments are stupid (i give myself food for both)

danni - i like the retaining coz of work out
i will put that to gym people tomorrow - i am "afraid" i have no work out clothes that fit me!!! and the two shirts i KNOW fit me are in the wash at the inlaws house.!!! how embarrassing!!! i will hopefully find another or i guess i could go to kmart and buy another one..... that would be stupid when i have one and am going to lose weight

lindor - GOOD LUCK - that sounds so awesome - wow wow wow please do post pics if you can - the thought excites me but i dont know if i could do it!!

ani - whats the story with broccoli, mine is growing up but doesnt seem to be doing anything broccoli like?

gen - did i tell u that my ex-sisterinlaw had to go to hospital after she got her stomach band coz she almost choked on a cornchip?
and the first weeks after her op she ate prawns (i am not sure if she blended these up or not)
i dont think benji's boss is having any trouble with his though
have you spoken to people who ACTUALLY have it?

LittleKiwi
07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I weighed in last night and am sitting at 85.5 which is 400g down from last week. I've been up and down so much in the past few months I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe this is the start of a downward spiral???

One thing I'm finding very interesting about eating low carb is that it keeps me fuller for so much longer than on what I was eating before. I'm not feeling hungry at all and I'm actually not craving junk like I usually do.

I went to the gym last night and definitely had less energy than normal which is what the doctor told me to expect. I did weights then 10 minute run, 10 minute walk, 10 minute bike. No gym tonight as I'm going to get my hair cut after work.

Amy you're kicking butt on that elliptical girl! The most I can ever do is 20 minutes because my toes always go numb for some reason.

amouse
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
lol Julia my toes go numb too.. all you have to do is stand so you are low for a little while you are on it and the feeling comes back .. i dont know why ellipticals do that .. but my old one did it too.. but this one id not as bad..

LIndor.... wohoooo .... you have great time .. an old friend of mine hubby went on a jump... he was told there was a 15 minute pre thing but his was an 90 minute pre thing... where they strpped him up in the shed to a harness until he got the landing right..... hehehehe

Lila im a memeber at a the gym at the local swimming pool , for pool and classes only so i swim and do my aqua there i can also do the aerobic classes but so far havent lol... and i pay 8.90 a week which is great becuase a casual swim is 6.50 and a casual aqua class is 10 .. and i can go as many times as i like .. which is generally that aqua class and 1 swim a week .

pacman12
07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Kel, sis in law sounds like a dill - you are meant to be on clear fluids for 2 weeks postop, then pureed foods (ie. not shrimp!).

I haven't spoken personally to people, but have talked to/read a lot of people on forums. I am sure there are not that many complications (people with problems are more likely to go looking for a forum, I'm sure!), and my potential surgeon is excellent. Given my life situation though, I feel like the sleeve gastrectomy has less likelihood of postop complications and hassles - the risk is greater at surgery, but after that there's no foreign body, no restriction on the type of food you can eat (only the amount), no malabsorption, no risk of erosion/band slippage, and no fills/unfills to maintain over time.

Relieved tonight because I finished a bunch of assignments due this week. Dreading the next few weeks with tons of assignments, exams etc. Ugh. Can't wait for a month away when this term is done and I get to go home.

PerthChick
07-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Kel your broccoli needs some potassium - give it a feed of something like Thrive for Flower and Fruit (not the all-purpose Thrive) or Sulphate of Potash every couple of weeks - because all flowering plants need potassium.

Julia thank you for the offer - when I get around to planning the NZ trip I will definitely keep it in mind. It will be a fair while away yet because I am saving to go and visit my mum at the moment. I haven't been home for four or five years, and it's my priority right now.

I've decided I am going to drive. I know it's a four-day road trip - but for any of you who have never driven across the Nullarbor it is one of the "must-do" things any Australian should put on their list. You can't get a sense of the vastness, the isolation or the sheer magnificence of the country any other way…

So I'll be going at the end of November - and I'm already feeling excited about it :dizzy:.

Going well with food and exercise at the moment. I haven't weighed in yet, but that's because I live with a housemate who hogs the bathroom and is usually in it when I get up in the morning.

But I'm sticking to my goals, and feeling a lot better about things at the moment.

7senuf
07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
WHY DOES LIFE THROW LEMONS?

My daughters ex decided he wasnt bringing their daughter back after weekend access and went to a solicitor for custody. posession is nine tenths of the law so he has her now until they go to mediation in SIX WEEKS. I dont agree with the way he did it. If he wanted to instigate proceedings he could have done so without taking her away. Its hard because he is working at 5am so my grandaughter either gets dragged out in the cold to HIS mothers or she sleeps there and she looks after her while he ayt work. I told him y/day i can care for her when i am not at work. andf I can go there early morning till she wakes and is warm enough to get her out.. Where is the fairness in that?

My daughter is beside herself with worry. she is staying here for a few days to try and sort stuff out. He wont even bring the baby to see her which is wrong wrong wrong.

anyhow i have had my vent. hopefully my weight wont pile on. how come with stress some people lose weight yet i gain in huge proportions?

Kel I havent forgotten you. as soon as i get well i will come visit i promise :)

pacman12
07-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Oh Von that sucks - why do people get rewarded for essentially kidnapping the child? Does your daughter have a solicitor? Can she try and get the hearing moved forward?

Madison
07-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh no Von :( That is awful!

LittleKiwi
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh Vonni that's terrible! I can't believe that he's not being prosecuted for kidnapping.

I'm on day 6 of low carb and am officially running out of food ideas! I'm sick of just eating meat and veges and am very bored with having such little variety. I'm trying really hard to stick with it though and am going to invest in some protein powder so that can at least take care of breakfast and snacks sometimes.

Gym tonight - weights and some light cardio.

PerthChick
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Vonni is your daughter allowed to have access over the next six weeks? I can't believe the 'law' allows a child to be placed in this situation - away from their mother - for such a long time. That's outrageous!

I weighed in this morning and I am 75.4kg - believe me that's a lot better than the last time I weighed in! So my next goal is to get below 75kg by the end of next week *sigh*.

At least I've stopped it before it got too out of hand.

Lila Leeds
07-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Vonnie, it might be worth talking to a solicitor that specialises in family law.

I weighed myself today & have lost 1.5kgs this week. Yay me.

I also did the deed & joined the local gym. Tomorrows the fitness assesment. (cue scary music) Da da da dahhhhh.........

amouse
07-15-2009, 02:45 AM
oh vonni that was anasty way to do things. why would he take the baby? he has had visitation obviously.. ..... what a prick.... its not fair at all ... your poor daughter must be a mess.. i know i would be. :(... big hugs to both you and her ... i bet you both need it. :(

i feel like i finally got my game on....

50 minutes and 16 km today on the elliptical
20 minutes and 6 km yesterday
60 minutes and 19kms on monday
and 30 minutes 9kms on friday .

food wise i could be better but im happy.. i always fix the exercise b4 the food i have been trying.. :) .

feeling great fingers xed for a loss this week ..

today i got a Cameron fun day which was fantastic .. Leah went to my inlaws.. ( cant remember getting a day just him and me )
i took cam to the shops where there is a place with video games ect.. called tunza fun... we played airhockey, water cannons ,skill tester, ect .. its was fabulous.. then i told him he could have what ever he wanted for lunch... he choose a death by chocolate cake ..... omg.... i tryed some ... yummmy .... my guess is 100cals a spoon... and i had a chicken ceaser foccacia that he ate a 3rd of ... ... then we walked around the shops found a bungey trampoline thing he went on ... and loved.. :) and then went to toys r us and got him a lego train.. ... all up a fabulous day....
Leah made cupcakes and jellewery at nannies house .. and ran to show us when we got back... both kids had a ball :)

smylie
07-15-2009, 03:49 AM
lila - woo hoo you for joining a gym!!! it really helps kick start your fitness but losing 1.5kg in a week by yourself is awesome awesome awesome

amy - you should just hop on a bike and come and visit me!!!

vonni - i have met cameron and he must have had a good reason to think that it was in imogen's best interest to keep her - it really is not fair though - stevie does not deserve that stress, i hope that get everything sorted before imogen is old enough to know what is going on
are you feeling better?

ani - thanks for the brocolli tip, i will go to bunning tomorrow and get some and i am going to plant some cucumber as well so it should be ready for summer salads woohoo. not fair of your friend to book tickets can you change the date AND destination and not go with her at all? dont worry about her feelings coz she didnt worry about yours (i'm not usually the tit for tatt type but you have to look after yourself sometimes)

gen - yes my ex-sister-in-law was a dill and i dont think she stuck to anything properly coz she never got that skinny

me - joined the gym, had cardio yesterday and weights today, tomorrow boxing and friday bodystep, soup for dinner tonight coz benji is working late and i had noodles for lunch

danni - how are you going?

7senuf
07-15-2009, 05:33 AM
thanks for the thoughts guys. We have Imogen and stevie here back with us. Cam came around last night and they talked and agrees Immy with her is best. But it all came about over someone blabbing and saying stuff not true and because Immy had a bad nappy rash he and his family believed everything else that was said. As it is, Imogen has really sensitive skin and flares up if she so much as pees once then gets a change straight away and her face n chest n arms n legs. she has food allergies and some thigns are trial and error also.

Anyhiow. They are going to do mediation and it all looks like may be ok.

BUT no Kel I am worse and its hard to rest when I have had 11 people here for the past 2 days. I am so tempted to go to hospital just for a rest to get better.

Madison
07-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey all! I am doing ok Kel :)

Congrats on all the working out and the losses girls.

Julia - did I send you this link before, loads of great low carb recipes:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

Am not weighing in for now as I dont know what my body is up to and still dont feel quite right. My doc has changed my insulin stuff around so we shall see.

Gen - my friend just told me she is getting the sleeve done on 30 July! Oh my! I am so excited for her. She's been thinking about it a long time.

Am too tired to be coherent so may come back later if I become more alert :D

Madison
07-15-2009, 07:25 AM
What the heck, just heard about the earthquake in NZ! Eeek!

pacman12
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh cool Danni, I'll be excited to hear how your friend does. Where is she getting it done?

LittleKiwi
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I didn't feel a thing when the earthquake happened but other people at my work did.

Amy, awesome effort with your workouts! You're a motion machine baby :carrot: Sounds like both of your kids got to have an awesome day which is really cool :D

Vonni, I'm glad to hear that you've got the family all back together. You must all be very relieved.

Danni, thanks for the link. I have seen that site before so you must have given me the link. Problem is that I've never been one to cook from recipes and I find it really hard to do so. I need to just get to it!

Lila, awesome effort on the 1.5kg loss!!! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: that is an amazing effort!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Did well with my food and went to the gym and did weights and a 20 minute walk. I've definitely got less energy this week on the low carb diet so am hoping that it improves next week.

Today I'll go to the gym and will just do some cardio.

Lila Leeds
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Something happened yesterday that I want to share. After joining the gym I was walking home, feeling happy about myself, (Yay for me making healthy lifestyle chages etc etc) when a teenage boy rides past on his bike & screams "get out the way ya fat sh*t!". Now normally when something like that happens I go home & cry into a packet of corn chips, not this time.
I came back with a "Get off the footpath, ya f****wit".

I'm classy like that.

Madison
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Gen she lives in Georgia in the USA. Will let you know how she goes. I know that people have all sorts of opinions about surgery but I think its an incredibly brave thing to do . . . not an easy thing by a long shot to be cut open . . . but when you feel that this is the only thing you are left with trying what can you do. They also have a history of heart disease in her family and lets face it the extra weight doesnt help any of us on that front.

I have a horrid headache starting today. I feel nauseous and in pain but lots to do so putting on my best face at the office. I have acupuncture tonight and had planned to do pilates after but if my head is still feeling like this the best thing is to go home and hit the hay early.

Madison
07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm classy like that.

You go Lila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:

barbegirl71
07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Haven't been back to read everyone's posts, so sorry if I've missed anything important.

I've been sick for the last four weeks, I've got this terrible hacking cough that doesn't seem to be getting any better, no worse either so thats good. It gets so bad that I pee myself! Doc gave me ventolin and steroids to see if that will help.

I'm afraid to weigh myself! I feel really FAT and my hands are puffy too. I can't get my rings off without soap and water! When mum was in hospital I made a promise to her that I would take better care of myself so I could care for everyone else better and so far I've treated myself worse that ever! I'm so over all of this weight loss stuff.

Lila Leeds
07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh Barbie, never feel guilty about going off plan when you are sick. Look after yourself. When you feel better then get back on the wagon.

LittleKiwi
07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Good on you Lila for not letting some ignorant, immature little sh*t get you down. Love the comeback too! :high:

As a very wise person once said: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the underpants of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

AMEN!

Madison
07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey Barb . . . I know this weight loss stuff is hard to keep thinking about, but as Lila said, just focus on getting well at the moment . . . you can go back to "actively" losing weight when you are 100% :) Until then just start to make small changes that will make you feel better such as adding in some fresh fruit and veggies into your day - it will give your immune system a little boost too. Take care of yourself!

7senuf
07-16-2009, 04:03 AM
I came back with a "Get off the footpath, ya f****wit".

I'm classy like that.

Good on ya Dani lmao

Barb same here its the cough wont go grrr

Lila Leeds
07-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi everyone,
just back from the gym - the first time in 15 years! I'm sore, but I'm happy & I'm going tomorrow. You'll all be pleased to know that I didn't have to swear at anybody on the way home!

Madison
07-16-2009, 07:09 AM
OMG I made THE BEST dinner! Salmon served with lemon caper butter (garlic, butter, freshly squeezed lemon, capers and fresh parsley right at the end) and served with steamed broccoli. I LOVE broc!!!

LittleKiwi
07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Yumbo Danni that sounds great! :T

I went to the gym last night and did 20 minutes of walk/run intervals and 20 minutes cycling. I won't go tonight but will aim to go tomorrow afternoon.

Had a sneaky peek at the scales yesterday and what I saw was VERY promising.

pacman12
07-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Danni, come and cook me dinner! I love lemon and capers and fish. Although I'm not a big salmon fan, you might have to substitute ;)

amouse
07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
hehehehehe cloud 9 forming over here ........ just got off the scales..... lost a whole kilo this week and am down to 107.2 . :) yipppeeee

Lila Leeds
07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Yay Amy!!!!!!!:carrot:
Congratulations!!!!!!:carrot:

LittleKiwi
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Great effort Amy, conrats! :D

Madison
07-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats Amy you lil rockstar!

Gen I'll be over in 24 hours to make a start on dinner :D

THANK GAWD ITS FRIDAY that's all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be working this weekend but that is fine and dandy by me. I dont mind doing it if there is no one here disturbing me. Then I am off for 3 days at the end of next week. I am sposed to be going to Melbourne to see my cousins but I feel like I just need a time out from everyone and just a few days off work doing some stuff for me - financing for new house, tax return, some housey things, working out whever I want . . . just to put me in order . . . not sure how to break the news to the relo's though. Luckily the flight was pretty cheap so if I just let it lapse it wont bother me too much (I think it will cost more to change it to another date . . . bloody Jetstar)

smylie
07-17-2009, 03:26 AM
danni - what do you do for job??
lila - you are so so funny - i love your response - that is so something i'd do heheheehehehehehe
amy - 1kg woohoo :carrot:
barb - baby steps
ani - my broccoli is sprouting broccolli thingys all by itself! but i will get some potassium anyway ... how if the flatmate going?
gen - did you keep the cat?

me - gym bunny! went everyday since tuesday last night was AWESOME did boxing with Sterling my personal trainer and LOVED it and today did my own cardio thing but with his suggestion which was five hard minutes on cross trainer, treadmilll, bike and then i did treadmill again coz the rowingmachine looked scary so i will get him to show me on monday
and i've been eating good too!

Lila Leeds
07-17-2009, 03:33 AM
EXCELLENT SMYLIE!!!!
I've been to the gym 2 days in a row (which of course is a 100% attendence rating heh heh)

So I'm at the gym today (boy, those are words I never thought I'd use) & I take a seat at the rowing machine which is right infront of a plasma TV. Guess what was showing? The food lovers guide to Australia. A man was DEEP FRYING a whole duck (geez it looked good)! Then to top it off guess what song came on the stereo? Red, Red Wine by UB40. Fattening food & wine - the two things that got me into this mess in the first place!

From now on I am bringing my ipod to the gym.
And a blindfold.

Madison
07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
LOL Lila! I love the rower, so good for getting the heart rate up and quick!

Kel - excellent work lady! And Sterling . . . he sounds luverly! I am a financial controller in a law firm. Today was a horrible day. Am very proud of self for not coming home and eating to cope . . . all that would have done is make me hate me and I would like to reserve that energy for the appropriate person . . .

LittleKiwi
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Let me just say, it's SO AWESOME to log on and see that everyone is so motivated and full of beans! It seems that everyone is doing so well with all the gym work etc.

I didn't go to the gym last night but will go this afternoon instead. Tonight I'm catching up with a friend who, in the past, I would have sat with and drank and smoked the night away. So instead of that, I've suggested that we go to her local pool. We're going to have a swim and a spa and a sauna :D

Dinner last night was delicious, I had a boned chicken leg with stuffing (didn't eat too much of that) and bacon wrapped around it with a side of broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce :drool:

Feeling VERY confident that I will have no problems sticking to my "diet" over the weekend. Eating so much protein fills me right up!

smylie
07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
go go go julia!!!!!!!
what a great idea going to the pool and spa and sauna, really, i have always tried do think of things to do that does not revolve around food and coffeeshops etc when catching up with mates.... now with kids i just go to the park but still that is awesome idea for grownups

i dont know if i will have lost weight this week but this week for some reason it doesnt matter, i know i am doing my body good and that i cant keep working out at gym forever with no results so it will only be a matter of time before YES muscle weighs more but that the fat will drop off and i wont feel my belly on my thighs and my boobs on my belly

Madison
07-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Great attitude from both of you Kel & Julia!!!!

I am off to enjoy the beautiful sunny day and will go for a walk to the beach this afternoon :) Food is still good, I snuck a look at the scales and I was down 200g so am happy to be 'maintaining' while things have not been perfect last week. The past 3 days have been though and I am hoping for a 'clean' weekend with no, oh just a little wont matter moments.

The world will not be free of naughty foods once I am skinny and if I want them then I will have them, but for now, while I get into a routine they are not for me. Not even 'just a little' ;)

pacman12
07-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I took my kitties back, and they gave me another 3. These ones are 5wks old, 1.5lbs, all boys, 2 ginger and one black tabby. Had just got my others trained - now I'm back to digging in the cat litter to show them what to do and picking up miniature poos haha.

2 assignments for Tuesday finished. One more PPT to get done today, and some study tomorrow. Bleugh.

Lila Leeds
07-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Happy weekend everybody!
I know this is silly, but it's been 20 days since I joined this message board. I gets me a signture!!! Woohoo!! Watch my ticker go down..........

Madison
07-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Woot Lila!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, the only way is down now :)

How cute Gen! I didnt realise kitties could be trained . . . dont know why I just thought they knew what to do.

Tis a beeeeyoooootiful morning here, lovely and sunny and on the cool side (read: no sweating). I was out most of yesterday so need to do a good clean and tidy today.

I didnt get to do my walk cos it was dark when I got home, and am really not feeling it today either . . . I am off work for 3 days this week so that will mean more time for pilates :D

7senuf
07-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Its a gorgeous day here. I've been sitting in the sun outside finishing a book while waiting for washing to finish. Matt been cleaning ferociously inside haha. what a life (trust me its a rare thing).

I got my home gym off layby. Been to sick to use it, however yesterday I got on and only 10kg weight started with but did 20 reps each exercise. Going to increase my reps over the next few weeks then increase weight,

Had a good weekend so far and havent been that bad with food. I lost a kilo during illness so hopefully it STAYS off haha.

Have a good sunday arvo all

Vonni xox

pacman12
07-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Most of the ones I get were abandoned somewhere, so they didn't have their mum to show them what to do. These ones were found abandoned in a field. They pick it up pretty quickly, although they suck at covering their business for a while and like digging around playing in the litter.

I have a very long hallway in my apartment - it is hilarious when I walk down to my bedroom and then come back to the lounge... the kittens all come galloping up the hallway like little miniature racehorses.. soooo funny!!

Madison
07-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Gen that is such a cute image!!! :)

Von - well done on working out while you feel crappy!!!

LittleKiwi
07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
That's so cool Gen that you get to look after more kitties. Nice to be able to enjoy having pets without the responsibility of having them forever.

Vonni, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks!

Danni and Lila - it sounds like you're both doing really well. Keep it up! :carrot:

I had a good weekend. Went to the gym on Saturday afternoon and then to the pool with my friend on Saturday night where we did 35 minutes of aqua-jogging and then enjoyed a soak in the spa which was lovely.

I'm rather sore today though! Gym tonight and I will be VERY interested to see what the scales say. Fingers Crossed for a good result! :crossed:

smylie
07-19-2009, 06:48 PM
SAME weight today
but am feeling FINE about it
will talk to Sterling this morning but i know he wont care coz he is about measurements NOT weight
same sucks
and this week is interesting food week coz it is Benji's birthday today so we are going to tea and then i am going to CATS on wednesday night so meeting my mum and grandma for tea and then friday night HOGS BREATH yum
all have healthier options so will go those and will make sure i am sensible rest of week
DO NOT INTEND TO SCREW UP ALL THE WORK I'VE BEEN DOING
i just cant wait to get under 100

Lila Leeds
07-19-2009, 07:31 PM
I know I should only weigh myself once a week (my weigh in is Wednesday) but I had a sneaky peek this morning & I'm up 400gms. Oh, great big steaming piles of poop! But really, I have made far more healthy lifstyle choices than bad ones in the past week & it's TOM, so I'm not that discouraged & who knows, maybe my body will right itself in the next few days;)

PerthChick
07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Lila my weight fluctuates every day - and if it's TOM it's pretty normal to retain fluid.

It's really stormy in Perth this morning - makes me want to rug up and stay inside. But I must go to work…

This week's goal is to try and lose a pound - and to do that I will stick to the old tried and true formula:

• Write everything down;
• Eat no more than 1650 calories/day;
• Drink 2L of water; and
• Walk 10,000 steps.

Madison
07-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Lila the weight will come off, dont worry. I go up and down all the time - but I only count the downs "officially" ;) It makes me much more sane that way!

I am down a kg! Another 4-5 and I will start to look a bit less "fat" and just "biggish". The plan is to hit the gym tonight.

Off to the dentist today - blah.

Lila Leeds
07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Congrats Danni, a kilo loss - that's great!

Madison
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
It is great Lila!!! :) I want this weight off for good . . .

I was telling a friend how I lose in lbs and gain in kilo's . . . much kinder that way ;)

Lila Leeds
07-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I was telling a friend how I lose in lbs and gain in kilo's . . . much kinder that way ;)

Haha, that's great!

Madison
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
It totally sounds better that way doesnt it lol

Got back from the dentist and I have THREE more sessions to fix my old lady gummies . . . I cant believe how much it costs to "maintain" me these days . . . another reason to be slimmer - less doctors and rubbish as things seem to work better . . .

barbegirl71
07-20-2009, 03:30 AM
I bit the bullet and hopped on the scales this morning. I'm not even going to tell what they said, I'm so disgusted.

I see you're all on a christmas challenge, my goal is to be under 100 by then, but at the rate I'm going I'll be closer to 150! No, I shouldn't be like that should I! Just pick myself up and dust myself off and try again for the 300th time!!!

Is there a fairy out there that has magic melting dust!!!

Madison
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Here you go Barb!! A little whoosh fairy for you :)

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/fhear_24/jopay/fairy.jpg

I know its hard when the scales are going in the wrong direction :( All I can say is what I have been telling myself . . . its better if you get on the scales and know what you are dealing with - and know that you never have to see that number again if you decide now. Set a realistic goal for the Chrissie Challenge (I actually think mine is too optimistic . . . so all I want to do is to keep losing SOMETHING every week, I am not fussed if I dont lose the 18) and then go for it!

I need to get rid of at least 25kg that I found mysteriously this past 18 months, Its been hard to deal with that, but I can say that ANY amount of weight lost feels good :) Bit by bit we will all get there.

Lindor
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Barb, you've been through a lot recently, don't be so hard on yourself! :hug:

Have you set yourself any goals?

I have discovered (rediscovered!!) that with this dieting thing, one good day can roll into another just as easily as one bad day can roll into another! I feel if I can make it through one day doing the right thing I am motivated enough to do it the next day. And I think I have noticed that with others here recently when reading over the posts?

Unfortunately, I still haven't managed to stay on my feet if there is a little hiccup in my day! And these are the issues we need to train ourselves on!

My big jump is on Sunday!! Not sure how I am feeling about it yet...but I definately still want to do it!

Last week was pretty poor with my eating habits! I had to get through a freezer full of frozen left-overs, and with that I found myself lost in the afternoons without my cooking, and very prone to snacking!

But back into it this week, and I WANT to be good this week so I can enjoy my jump on Sunday. I don't think I'll make 90kg, but if I can just be good this week I'll take that as worth rewarding!

Anyway, must run! Good to see we all seem to be doing ok! :)

LittleKiwi
07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Woo Lindor how exciting! I'll look forward to hearing all about your big jump :D

Barb I'm so sorry to hear you sounding so discouraged :hug: as Danni says though, at least you know exactly where you're at and can set yourself some goals and go from there.

As for me, I'm very sorry but this is about to be a BLATANT showing off post. I weighed in last night and was gobsmacked to find that I'm down 2.4kg from last Monday :eek:

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:
:carrot::carrot::cb::cb::broc::broc:

Had a good session at the gym last night, managed to increase my weights on a couple of exercises and did 40 minutes cardio. Tonight I'm going to do spin.

7senuf
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
oh my goodness Julia that is so AWESOME :carrot":carrot::carrot:

Lila Leeds
07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Yay Julia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally off topic - I've just dropped my car off at the garage - Transmission problem - I have a terrible feeling it's going to be eyewateringly expensive. Urgh.

amouse
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
wow julia well done that sure is worth a few of these guys .... having a party for you .:cheer3::carrot: :cheer2: :cb::cheer3::broc: :cheer2:
:carrot::cb::broc: well done girl.

gen new kitties sound like fun. :)

lila i hope the car repairs arent tooo damn painful

Danni i love that you loose in pounds and gain in kilos.... lol .. but at the same token .... there are more pounds to fess up to.. so... does it work.... lol... lets see 100 and something or 200 and something.... LMAO ...

Ani back to tryed and true good luck this week

lindor ... omg not long to go till your flying.... woooohoooo... i hope there will be piccys. :)

as for me not much to report just plodding along. did the jillian wii game saturday and 90 minutes of swimming ith little miss yesterday plan on dusting off the elliptical again later.. :) on today. :)

Madison
07-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Oh wow Lindor that has come along so soon!!!! So exciting!!

Congrats Julia!!! I both hate and love that low carb works so well. lol It gets you used to those kinds of losses that no other 'diet' can provide darn it.

I have stuck to my plan for a whole 6 days now . . . and it hasnt been hard bcos it hasnt been an 'official' plan. My issue is like Lindor's . . . when I have a blip I rarely just move on. But life is full of ups and downs and eats will not always be 'perfect' so I need to continue to learn on that front.

7senuf
07-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Rang for my 2nd biopsy results. receptionist said they came back abnormal but couldnt tell me anything more. They dnt have access to the full thing, only what Dr writes to tell patient. App in a week and a half but they put me on cancellation list so if an app comes up before i can have it. will keep posted.

myt kilo thast disappeared while sick has come back grrrrr. so dash peeved off haha