Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #1  

Default Weekend WillPower - Staying on the Wagon until Monday!

I wanted to start a thread so we can get some motivation for the weekend!!! Weekend is the hardest time not to binge/ fall off the wagon. I am leaving for work in about an hour. (I work an overnight shift every other weekend) The stress of staying up 24 hours (I stay up on Friday day) usually leads to a binge Friday night.

Instead I had 2 cups of coffee with some 1% milk (no sugar) and about 2 graham crackers (they were broken up) and just when I started thinking about having a peanut butter sandwich (YIKES!) I stopped. wheew!!

OK ok, so I packed a lunch for over night, so hopefully I will not be in the kitchen at 3 am looking for goodies. (At work)
Also, after my nap in the AM when I come home, I will not, not, not eat us out of house and home on Saturday because I am tired!!!

That's my weekend hurdle.

I will stay on the wagon until MONDAY!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks for starting this thread!

Weekends are definitely tough for me :| I'm on day 5 binge free, and I want to keep this going. We'll stay on the wagon together!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Count me in! Weekends are a challenge! GlamourGirl, I've found that I often mistake fatigue for hunger. I have to ask myself in the afternoon, "Am I really hungry or am I tired?"
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, I am very pleased, I usually have to S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E with my weight coming back down to 184 from 189. But I woke up this morning and it was 184.8.

I am doing fast 5 today, so the opportunity to binge is really low. I don't know who else was talking about a planned eating regimen--shakes? help them from bingeing.

I think this is a great idea. Shakes are usually packed with so many nutrients. And they are a controlled portion. I don't think there is anything wrong with a binger using controlled portions to ward off binges. I think this is a great idea.

Glamour girl. 2 cups of coffe--no nutrients. 2 grahm crackers no real nutrients and just a smidge of 1% milk. I personally think you would be better off with a shake? was that you who said that?

I would crash in about 2 hours with the coffee, I don't know how you stay up for 24 hours and still fu nction!!!

and yes fatigue makes me hungry too. That is why they say people who slept 8 hours are less likely to eat more during the day then they expend.

I'm going to change my ticker. I am moving up my mini goal to the end of July. I have not reached the 170s in the 3 years I have been trying with other diet plans.

but I really believe I wil get there this time. And I believe I will get there by July 31st.

Last edited by jendiet; 06-27-2009 at 11:40 AM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Well, I am very pleased, I usually have to S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E with my weight coming back down to 184 from 189. But I woke up this morning and it was 184.8.

I am doing fast 5 today, so the opportunity to binge is really low. I don't know who else was talking about a planned eating regimen--shakes? help them from bingeing.

I think this is a great idea. Shakes are usually packed with so many nutrients. And they are a controlled portion. I don't think there is anything wrong with a binger using controlled portions to ward off binges. I think this is a great idea.

Glamour girl. 2 cups of coffe--no nutrients. 2 grahm crackers no real nutrients and just a smidge of 1% milk. I personally think you would be better off with a shake? was that you who said that?

I would crash in about 2 hours with the coffee, I don't know how you stay up for 24 hours and still fu nction!!!

and yes fatigue makes me hungry too. That is why they say people who slept 8 hours are less likely to eat more during the day then they expend.

I'm going to change my ticker. I am moving up my mini goal to the end of July. I have not reached the 170s in the 3 years I have been trying with other diet plans.

but I really believe I wil get there this time. And I believe I will get there by July 31st.
It was me that does the shakes! I swear its the only way to keep from bingeing. And it keeps me from obsessing over food. I saw on your fast days, you do still take in calories (V8, and something else, was it milk?? I forget which post I saw it on) but its not like you are starving yourself, your just not initiating binges on those days with solid food.

Caffiene really gets me buzzing so its a must before work. I have a shake for breakfast and lunch then a healthy-ish dinner. It was after dinner last night I had 2 cups of coffee, which I knew I would b/c of work, but the graham crackers were completely unplanned and could have ended in disaster!!! But I stopped myself. I know there's not much to them. It wasn't for health, it was for a caffiene buzz and a sweet treat.

I drink coffee through out the night at work if I want it. I do not limit my coffee, because I need the caffiene, but last night I ended up not having anymore (the coffee in the break room was gross). I brought a peanut butter sandwich, about 1 TBsp peanut butter and diet iced tea. I try to aim for something that will keep me full and energized (peanut butter). Generally I'm pretty busy at work, so I couldn't possibly doze off. But I need to be alert and able to focus.

And when I get home at about 8am, I go right to sleep (no breakfast, too tired!) and get up and showered by about 11:30am. Normally, I feel "hung over" and have an ridiculously HUGE lunch to "wake up", but today I had a shake!! YEah!!

I already ate dinner, and brushed my teeth. I can't believe it. By this time last weekend I had pratically eaten a horse!

I want to look into what you are doing...fast 5?? Can I google that? I've been seeing your posts here and there and I keep meaning to read about it. Hang in there. Congrats on 184.8!!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #6  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

O:
If this becomes a permenant thread that doesn't die, I'm going to be so happy.

Weekends are bad for me. Grr weekends.

But so far, this weekend has been rockin'. I just got back from a 3 hour bike ride (20.6 miles total. Wootwoot.) and I'm too pooped to overeat. All I want is a back massage and some sleep. Blah!

Muy freakin' congrats GlamourGirl827! Maybe accountability is all you need to stay on track on the weekends? Hrmm.
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketwithapurpose View Post
O:
If this becomes a permenant thread that doesn't die, I'm going to be so happy.

Weekends are bad for me. Grr weekends.

But so far, this weekend has been rockin'. I just got back from a 3 hour bike ride (20.6 miles total. Wootwoot.) and I'm too pooped to overeat. All I want is a back massage and some sleep. Blah!

Muy freakin' congrats GlamourGirl827! Maybe accountability is all you need to stay on track on the weekends? Hrmm.
Wow! Awesome bike ride!! How do you get yourself motivated?

Yes I'd like to start this thread every weekend. The weekends are difficult and this thread helps us keep acountability specifically on the weekends when its so easy to fall (jump?) off the wagon!

One day down, one day to go!!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #8  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Boredom is my motivation. :P With it being summer, it's so beautiful outside and I find it very frustrating to be stuck in the house with nothing to do. Plus I love riding my bike to places. The bike ride motivation will defiantly go POOF! once the weather starts getting cold. Me no likey cold windy Texas weather lol.

Woohoo, then. :3 I'll defiantly have something to look forward to every weekend now, haha.
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I had a great OP day! We went skydiving, and it was freaking awesome!!!!!

How was everyone else's Saturday?
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #10  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I went shopping, met up with a gf for lunch. We ate at LeeAnn Chin's (bad I know). But I couldn't even finish half of my lunch. I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes and DH and I, we're doing the c25k, completed w8d1 of the program--5 minute walk/28 minute run/5 minute walk, in the morning. I think I did ok, I didn't feel out of control or the urge to binge. I'm keeping myself busy!

Today, we're attending my niece's graduation party. It's a 4 hour round trip, so lots of flat-a@@ing. I usually take Sundays off of exercise so it worked out.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #11  

Saturday good! I woke up at 4:45am this morning. ugh!! But I was wide awake so I cleaned the house, did laundry and even did a Wii workout!

Bocketwithapurspose, I really like to get out and enjoy the weather too. (to me its different than working out on the treadmill. I love going to the park or flea markets or boardwalk) I have been nagging my husband to get dressed so we can go out. One thing that has made all my diets difficult, is that my husband's idea of a fun day is to sit on the couch and eat...all day. He can do that, I've seen him! I keep telling him that we need to at least set an acitve example for our son (almost 2) but he doesn't want to hear it. I tell him that we (me and my son) will go out without him, but then he's like ok...and sssllllooooowwwlllllyyyy gets moving. When we are out, if we don't go out to eat for lunch, he gets pouty. My husband is nearly 100lbs over weight and has no intention of losing it anytime soon. Ok I'm rambling!!

Anyway, hubby just got in the shower, so we might get out of here in an hour or so!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #12  

oh my gosh, 3 hours??? If I did that in this weather...I would fall over dead. I usually get up at about 6-7 am. If the sun looks non threatening...and go weed the garden and fertilize and transplant things. I am not a big exerciser but that is because I had a terrible flare up of endo. Which made it painful to walk almost all month. Then when TOM came--I was stuck in bed in agony.

I've been on straight progesterone to keep me from having TOM--and with the fasting--I'm starting to feel more energetic. Yesterday was hard, but I'm not going to let that deter me.

Sure you can google fast -5. There is a little free ebook to read (no they don't get you to sign up for anything).

I think today I'm going to do v8, tea, and almond milk again--but I got to go get some more. Since I have stopped drinking milk--I am no longer constantly gassy. I might have a problem with milk. I also have cut down my wheat/bread intake. Don't worry almond milk has tons of calcium in it --well Almond Dream does.

what did I do for fun? Hung out with a bunch of friends listening to music from a pick up. I've been child watching all weekend. I really want to go fishing, but it's just too hot. I have to have alot of motivation-because fishing is kind of gross, but fun.

ok well no bingeing for me yesterday--though I was tempted. I walked way from having a second plate of tuna helper. I put a spoonful more on my plate. And then decided I wasn't that hungry for a whole plate.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #13  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Hey! I wish I saw this b4! I am on for today!The weekends kill me. I went
w/food yesterday!

Last edited by Tracy; 06-28-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #14  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I just did 60min on elliptical. So, that should undo a little of the damage of yesterday.
Water:48oz {so far}
Brunch:240
Dinner:260
Snack:130

Last edited by Tracy; 06-28-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #15  

ok...I was a little shy of working out on an empty stomach...but here is something that might be a key for me to lose this FAT...

I of course have heard of it b4...but I weighed myself this morning and took my body fat percentage from the scale. And it was 184.6 37.5. I have been fasting all day...and when I weighed it was 184.6 37.0! Trust me that body fat % thing doesn't change much in the course of a day. That is the number I REALLY want to see going down!