LA Weight Loss - Starting 6/29/09

View Full Version : Starting 6/29/09

Fashion Nelle
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Is anyone interested in joining me on my new adventure? I will begin the Fat Smash Diet Phase 1 on Monday. I have done Fat Smash before but I have always seem to fall off. Well here is my millionth attempt. Welcome anyone want who wants to start with me so we can support each other.

jellybellyjen
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
:wave: FASHION NELLE

I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN IN WITH YOU BUT I'M STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE FS AND EFS IS:dizzy: WHERE YOU GET IT:?: CAN I AFFORD IT :?:CAN YOU HELP ME SO I CAN JOIN YOU:?:

:thanks:

:hug:S

fatklr
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Jelly go to fatsmashdiet.com and see if this diet is for you. If so, you should get the book online or a book store. Hope this helps! :)

fatklr
06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi Nelle, I started fat smash last Monday (this is my first attempt at this) and so far so good! I have been exercising like crazy and cooking a lot of new dishes. I'll be your fat smash buddy if you're interested! :)

Thinfor5Minutes
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I did the nine day detox and did so well...I'm a "Featherweight" and lost four pounds over the nine days. I have now gone on to counting calories and eating mostly everything again, including potatoes, because I am so close to goal. FS was great for me!

jellybellyjen
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
:wave:

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO FATKLR:cheer2: WILL CHECK IT OUT:carrot:

2beautiful2Bfat
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Alright Nelle I'm joining you but I m starting tomorrow! I think if I wait until monday I'll lose my motivation!

miamichck1113
06-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Can I join you too??

Im going to buy the book tonight and see if I can start tomorrow!!

Fashion Nelle
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
hello everyone...thanks for all the replies...I was computer less so I was unable to check in this weekend...I welcome everyone and the support. Lets keep each other accountable.

smadkins07
06-29-2009, 10:22 PM
I just bought the book and plan starting tomorrow I would love to join you! Are you doing the Fat smash diet or the Extreme fat smash?

Fashion Nelle
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I just bought the book and plan starting tomorrow I would love to join you! Are you doing the Fat smash diet or the Extreme fat smash?

I am actually doing the original Fat Smash...I am on day 2..so far so good! I would love for you to join me. I need the support!

Fashion Nelle
06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Can I join you too??

Im going to buy the book tonight and see if I can start tomorrow!!
Hey Miamichick hows it going? I am no day 2 so far...did u get the book?

scaleskl
06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey Nelle,
Congratulations on day two. I am back at day 1 and determined to sat on track.

jellybellyjen
07-01-2009, 04:13 PM
HI EVERYONE:carrot:

I BOUGHT THE BOOK TODAY;) SO I WILL LOOK THREW IT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAY'S :dizzy:HOPEFULLY START ON MONDAY:D

Fashion Nelle
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Day 3 guys and I dont know what happened...I had enough food but today I just felt really hungry! I had to get a lot of support and cheering up from my friends just to make it through the day. Right now I have a really bad headache so I am just laying in the bed. Luckily I woke this morning and got my workout in. Well Ladies I am having an early bedtime...i just wanted to check in with everyone...how are you guys holding up? Day 4 here I come....

wushuchic
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
I am starting tomorrow! I hope to lose a good amount of weight! I will probably stay on it longer than 9 days since I only have 6 weeks until I want to look better.

jellybellyjen
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
HI EVERYONE:wave:

WENT THREW THE BOOK LAST NIGHT:book2: JUST MAKING SURE OF ONE THING:shrug: CAN YOU ALL HELP ME:?: I'M STARTING ON MONDAY :woohoo:SO FOR THE 1ST 9 DAYS YOU CAN ONLY EAT WHAT IS IN THE ALLOWED BOX PLUS HAVE 4 TO 5 MEALS A DAY:?: AM I CORRECT:?::?::?::?:

Fashion Nelle
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
HI EVERYONE:wave:

WENT THREW THE BOOK LAST NIGHT:book2: JUST MAKING SURE OF ONE THING:shrug: CAN YOU ALL HELP ME:?: I'M STARTING ON MONDAY :woohoo:SO FOR THE 1ST 9 DAYS YOU CAN ONLY EAT WHAT IS IN THE ALLOWED BOX PLUS HAVE 4 TO 5 MEALS A DAY:?: AM I CORRECT:?::?::?::?:

Yes Jellybean...as much fruit & veggies plus the serving size of the foods allowed on Phase 1. Let me know if u have any other questions.

Fashion Nelle
07-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey Guys..Day 4 is almost over. About to leave the office feeling a little hungry and I am not sure what to have for dinner. I was thinking of trying one of those soy patties or something like that just so I can trick my body into thinking I am eating some meat:D....question has anyone else been experience headaches? I wonder if its just me...I will start out the day feeling great but right about this time of day I start getting headaches...Well let me know how your progress is so far.

2beautiful2Bfat
07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Nelle are you still getting headaches? I think that coems from not getting enough protein! Maybe try hummus or more veggie burger type stuff.

Aoife
07-02-2009, 11:46 PM
You might still be getting headaches from caffine withdrawl if you were a coffee/diet pop drinker. I am on day 8 (!!) and finally just shook them. If you are looking for quick protien fixes try lentils and rice. It sounds nasty, I know (my husband calls it Alpo since it looks like dog food), but if you add just a little olive oil and brown some onions for the top it is really amazing.

If you live near a Trader Joe's I would suggest stocking up on their black lentils and frozen brown rice- the lentils cook in 90 seconds and the rice is microwavable and really plump, kind of like good Japanese rice. Good luck!

jellybellyjen
07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
HI EVERYONE,:carrot:

NELLE THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME :hug: JUST WANT TO DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY:smug: WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES ;)

HAVE A GREAT 4TH EVERYBODY!!!!!!:woohoo:

scaleskl
07-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey everyone...Nelle I haven't experienced any headaches. I love the veggie patties. I like the grillers by morning star and the grilled chicken patties by Boca.

Fashion Nelle
07-05-2009, 04:57 PM
hello guys...thanks for the concern...I havent had any headaches in a few days but I am notgoing to lie...I did slip up a lil bit on the 4th....my BF who is an aspiring chef made ribs yesterday (I am sucker for bar b que) and i had 2 bones. Well I am not beating myself too much about it...i did stick to the rest of the program for the most part. I have decided to go the rest of the week on the detox till Friday. My 9 days will be up on tuesday but necause I find that I can follow the diet a lil better during the workweek. How was everyone's weekend so far?

Fashion Nelle
07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey everyone...Nelle I haven't experienced any headaches. I love the veggie patties. I like the grillers by morning star and the grilled chicken patties by Boca.

Have u ever tried the veggie riblets? They atually taste pretty good.That is what I had on the 4th.

2beautiful2Bfat
07-06-2009, 07:52 AM
HELP everyoone I had a few slipups and now it looks like I am gaining weight! I have to get serious this week!! The weekend is soooo hard!

Fashion Nelle
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
HELP everyoone I had a few slipups and now it looks like I am gaining weight! I have to get serious this week!! The weekend is soooo hard!

Hello 2beautiful..i had some slip ups this weekend too. The weekend is very hard especially when its a holiday. So i decided to just get back on the wagon and extend my detox a little longer. I don't know what Phase you are in, but one of the beauties of the fat smash is you can go back on detox to lose the extra lbs.

Me Too
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Phase 1 day 1 lunch time, so good so far.
I'm a vegetarian so this is going to be good for me, I need the structure of FS. I would like to join all of you and get healthy with FS together.

jellybellyjen
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
HI GANG

I STARTED THE FSD TODAY SO FAR SO GOOD:carrot: THE REAL TEST WILL COME AT DINNER PLUS SNACK :o WASN'T ABLE TO GET STARTING WEIGHT THIS MORNING:( MY SCALE NEEDS BATTERIES:D GOING TO GET THEM AFTER WORK TODAY PLUS NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT WEIGHING IN RIGHT NOW OF COURSE MONTHLY UGLY STARTED TODAY :mad: NEEDLESS TO SAY IVE GAINED :(

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT 4TH ;)

LookingForMeAgain
07-07-2009, 12:22 AM
jelly you might wanna turn your cap lock off on when posting it makes your posts very hard to read. Congrats on your first day!! And congrats to everyone. Im starting back on FS tomorrow.

Me Too
07-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I can't seem to put together even 1 day. For 2 days now we had to travel 25 miles to town, which means we eat in town and McDs doesn't have any FS foods. I have been eating as well as I can though. Tomorrow we are staying home, so I will count that as day 1.
Went to Dr today and I have lost 12 lbs in 3 months!! YIPPIE!!

msmotivation
07-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi ladies... well, I'm starting the FS tomorrow. I'm looking to lose 50lbs. by the end of the year... looking foward to smashing with you!

jellybellyjen
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
hi everyone,:carrot:

lookingformeagain -thanks for the info on the caps lock i didn't realize it made the post hard to read(won't happen again);)

I'm on day 3 of the fsd it's not going bad at all (I'm surprised )I did weigh myself yesterday morning ,was shocked I'm 161.2 when i weighed myself last week i was 162 so i felt good starting off with a less number plus monthly ugly is here so I'm happy so far.My husband and i walked last night did all most 4 miles I 'm going to go to curves today after work!!!!:carrot::carrot:

I do have a question for you all if you can help me:?:

I know you can't drink on this phase but I 'm going to the bar tonight w/husband and friends.I 'm going to drink regardless so should i drink wine instead of my beer:?:

how is everyone else doing this week:?:

talk to you all soon :hug:s

Fashion Nelle
07-08-2009, 10:17 AM
jellybellybean...we are supposed to drink at all on the FS diet so I am not sure if there is good answer to that one. Maybe wine might be better for you since beer (i have heard) is filled with carbs. But that is just my opinion.

Fashion Nelle
07-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi fellow smashers...i am going to vent this morning...feeling bummed. I officially ended my 9 days yesterday and I weighed myself this morning and i only lost 3lbs. I must say I am very bummed about that. I was hoping for at least a 5lb loss. In the past, when i have done the Detox I have always seen good results so I am not sure what happened. Oh well, I just have to pick myself and dust me off and keep on going. But I want the rest of you guys to keep on pushing through the diet does work. My friend lost 10 lbs when she was finished with the detox. Results varies for people. But I am not going to give up. I have to lose the weight. I just need to push myself harder...Happy Smashing ladies!

Me Too
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Nelle, a loss of 3lbs is better than a gain of 3lbs, any weight loss is a great day in my book. We all can't be the biggest loser and lose 10lbs a week.
I love hearing about any weight loss while on FS, it gives me hope.
I have had so much going on lately, that today is day 1 for me.
I planned each meal, and taking it one meal at a time.

Keep going girlfriend we can do this together.

Fashion Nelle
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Nelle, a loss of 3lbs is better than a gain of 3lbs, any weight loss is a great day in my book. We all can't be the biggest loser and lose 10lbs a week.
I love hearing about any weight loss while on FS, it gives me hope.
I have had so much going on lately, that today is day 1 for me.
I planned each meal, and taking it one meal at a time.

Keep going girlfriend we can do this together.

Thanks so much. I need to hear that. I am going to keep on going and build on that 3lbs...Good luck to you too :D

jellybellyjen
07-08-2009, 03:30 PM
nelle thanks for the advice:) I heard wine was better as well :)(I like both so wine won't hurt me):D wine does get me drunk faster lol.:dizzy: oh well I just want to relax and have a couple glasses :^:I will just jump right back on in the morning plus work out a little harder tomorrow:carrot::carrot:3 pds is great:carrot::carrot::carrot: just keep going it will come off ;)

:hug:s to all

Me Too
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I can't keep starting over every day, I will never get anywhere. So what if I had a few triscuts yesterday, I did great meal wise, so I am counting yesterday Day 1.
progress not perfection.
How did everybody else do?

jellybellyjen
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
hi everyone,:D

hope all of you have a great weekend :carrot:I'm doing ok with the fsd however I have not been strict about it like i should be:mad: I find my self being hungry still after dinner:( I'm tired of fruit and veggies all ready but I'm going to keep going with it my 9 days end on tuesday so we will see.

good luck to all over the weekend :hug:

inthemidst
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey,

I started FS on 7/9 - so last day of detox is friday. Which unfortunately is date night with the dh. So my mini goal for the week is to eat on program when I eat out (have 2 lunch dates too).
Any suggestions. I can go anywhere I want for the date. wooohooo.

Ash

ginaneric
07-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm back again. We're gonna start another phase 1 tomorrow, for at least 7 days. It's odd - we were trying to spoil ourselves before we hopped back on, and I realized I haven't eaten pasta or drank more than 1 or 2 cappuccinos since we started in March! I guess it really does help change your lifestyle. Haven't purchased another bag of white potatoes either. So, anyway, this is our third trip down phase 1. We stepped through the first 3 phases once already starting in March, then dipped into phase 1 in May. I need to "kick off" again, I'm stalled at right around 160.

The first time I did phase 1 I lost 8 pounds, and by the end of phase 3 had lost 15. I continued to exercise as much as I felt like :cool: and eat decent and was at one point down to about 23 pounds. So PLEASE don't give up, this thing really works!

I just really need a jumpstart to get to my next goal.

Gina

ginaneric
07-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey,

I started FS on 7/9 - so last day of detox is friday. Which unfortunately is date night with the dh. So my mini goal for the week is to eat on program when I eat out (have 2 lunch dates too).
Any suggestions. I can go anywhere I want for the date. wooohooo.

Ash

HuHot Mongolian! you can even go there and not cheat in phase 1! Just don't take the oily sauces. I've heard "middle eastern" restaurants too, but I don't think there are any around where I live...

ginaneric
07-20-2009, 12:49 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/168885-list-foods-phase-two.html#post2708111

Here's a link where I posted some quick reference sheets my sister had put together - it makes it so you don't have to keep thumbing through the book constantly. I made one addition on mine for p1 - 1 quaker rice cake per day is allowed.

wushuchic
07-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I have been doing phase 1 for 12 days now, and I haven't lost a single ****ing pound. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I don't understand! I started at 180, I'm 5'10". I just weighed myself, and I'm still 180 exactly. I don't understand why I'm not losing weight! Maybe I should eat even less?

mari1226
07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
It's day number 3 for me. I read that some of you are eating veggie burgers in phase 1. I didn't see that on the list. Where did you find that? I am eating so many fruits, vegetables, brown rice and beans, I would love a veggie burger if allowed.

ginaneric
07-20-2009, 10:50 PM
It's day number 3 for me. I read that some of you are eating veggie burgers in phase 1. I didn't see that on the list. Where did you find that? I am eating so many fruits, vegetables, brown rice and beans, I would love a veggie burger if allowed.

as long as they are the veggie burgers without cheese or anything like that in there, then they counted as veggies. Eric thinks he read that it was in place of the low-fat cheese. He puts fresh salsa on his. I just can't deal with the texture. I can try to find a definitive source on this if you'd like. I know there are 2 versions of the book too.

day 1 is nearly over. yogurt with blueberries on top, tea, 1/2 c malt-o-meal, rice cake, cherries, 10 nuts, cup of milk... and lots of water. I remembered the lack of water gave me these killer headaches.

mari1226
07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. It would be great if you could find the page it is on. I didn't realize there are two versions of the book. My book says no nuts.

ginaneric
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. It would be great if you could find the page it is on. I didn't realize there are two versions of the book. My book says no nuts.

page 142:
Almonds (10-14)
Cashews (10)

the slivered almonds are also good on a salad if you need a little "crunch".

Day 3 for me. headache but might be the weather. 1 hour of exercise both days so far...