Weight Loss Support - Recommend a low-calorie treat

View Full Version : Recommend a low-calorie treat

HungryHungryHippo
06-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I had a Tazo Mojito / Spearmint flavored iced tea from the coffee shop at Barnes & Noble. 0 calories, and yum!

Also tried a pear-flavored Sobe water, which was good.

And I love those 10-calorie sugar-free Jell-Os.

What good low-cal snacks have you found? (Under, say 120 calories.)

sacha
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I do not care for sweets but if I am craving them, I have a Toffuti pop. They are ice cream sandwiches (tofu) and are something like 160 calories and 6 grams of sugar. You can find them in the organic/health section of the freezer aisle in most grocery stores.

Lori Bell
06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I tend to eat fruit in season for a treat. Right now melons and strawberries are AWESOME!

I tend to avoid 100 calorie packs, and low calorie versions of the foods that helped me to become obese in the first place...;) I shoveled out big $$ to various companies to aid in my massive weight gain...I'm not going to pay them to get thin too. :)

Watercolor
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Sugar free popsicles for me!
Popsicle makes a "tropical" assortment I like - pineapple, fruit punch and orangy mango.

My sister swears by sugar free fudgicles, she is such the chocoholic.

Moralia
06-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Del Monte 100% real fruit frozen bars, to die for!! Yum!! 100 cals!

MonteCristo
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I like to eat frozen blueberries, about 70 calories per cup. 1/2 of regular icecream is usually no more than 150 calories. Little squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolate are also good (1 square is about 70 calories).

Runundefined
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I love frozen blueberries also and I like to take strawberries, dip them in dark chocolate (only on one half side) and freeze them also.

I bought a snow cone machine and love to use Davinci SF syrups (fav. right now is banana) to make SF snowcones. YUM.. I need one now.

My fav. "dessert" is a box of tic tacs - I think I figured about 60 cal for the entire box. They are such a strong flavor they last a long time and I love them. I think one of the things you need to be successful is to find snacks and treats you love to begin with that fit in your plan.

I also love SF rootbeer with a Tablespoon of Heavy cream. It sounds funny but just the small amount of heavy cream makes it taste like a float without all the calories (only 50 calories for 1 T).

Wannabeskinny
06-24-2009, 01:59 PM
If I want something sweet - 1 piece dark chocolate = 25cal

If I want something salty - 1/2 ounce peanuts = 85 calories

If I need some protein - 2 oz ham - 60 calories

Cheesy treat - 5 Ritz crackers with a smidgeon of blue cheese - 100 cal

rachinma
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
1/2 c. of fresh fruit (berries, usually!)

Lori Bell
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I also love SF rootbeer with a Tablespoon of Heavy cream. It sounds funny but just the small amount of heavy cream makes it taste like a float without all the calories (only 50 calories for 1 T).

That sounds GREAT. I rarely drink diet sodas because of the headaches I get with artificial sweeteners but I think this would be a cool, yummy summer occasional treat...

Remember Lavern on the old sitcom "Lavern & Shirley"? She would always drink milk and Pepsi. I tried it once and it was really good.

Moonlight Mistress
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I also love frozen blue berries and grapes!

Also, those mini bags of popcorn that are 100 cals. I love love love popcorn!!

Sugar free Popsicles and fudge bars!

Tracy
06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Sugar Free pudding:T
Sugar Free jello

Pita09
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't do a lot of snacking except for my one piece of Dove dark chocolate a day and really that is more like therapy than snacking. Just saying! :D

If I do need or want a snack my favorites are a mini bag of popcorn sprinkled with Splenda and cinnamon, fat-free yogurt, Kashi bar, sliced strawberries with Splenda, or cantaloupe sprinkled with black pepper.

CandieRae
06-24-2009, 10:05 PM
I have discovered that I REALLY like those Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedges which are only 35 calories a piece. I have one of those with 16 Fat Free Wheat Thins which are 130 calories. I know that's 165 cals, but you could cut it down to 10 crackers with the cheese for a smaller portion.

I also like those Del Monte 100 calorie cans of fruit cocktail. They are SO tasty and convenient. I actually look forward to those at lunch time!

sassybangs
06-25-2009, 05:46 AM
sometimes ill make a giant strawberry banana smoothie. ice, frozen strawberries, banana, 8 oz of v8 light strawberry banana juice, and a splash of FF half and half, if you want a creamy sensation. then i split it up into 6 popsicle molds and freeze them. comes out to about 100 cals a pop, (less if you use no sugar added strawberries) and it makes me feel good to be eating a low cal treat that doesnt have a lot of bulls**t in it.(i eat enough artificial crap from 100 pack items)

oh and i got the popsicle molds from walmart, it was only like 2 bucks, nothing fancy needed.

edited to add: i think the v8 light actually has splenda in it :(

kellygram
06-25-2009, 04:50 PM
apple slices & p'butter. higher in calories but satisfying.
Ryveta sesame & rye whole grain crackers- 40 cals/each, spread w/low fat cream cheese+ caraway seeds.- crunchy and filling!
Coke Zero!

karen530
06-26-2009, 08:16 AM
They are about 120 cal. I think weight watchers makes them. I love ice cream and they are the perfect treat for me.

jellybellyjen
06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
I LOVE FLAVORED RICE CAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE OR PEANUT BUTTER:smug: THEN I PUT FRUIT OR GRANOLA ON TOP:) IF I GET THE CHEDDAR CHEESE RICE CAKES I PUT MUSTARD W/TURKEY MEAT:carrot:

Pas de Chaton
06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Pita09: I have never heard of pepper on cantalope. Interesting! My mom puts salt on melons when she eats them. Yuck!

Like others have mentioned, I keep the sugar free Jello cups in the fridge. I have finally gotten past my issues with gelatin (I just don't think about it when I eat it!).

Fruit is always a good stand-by when I'm hungry, as well as string cheese.

MonteCristo
06-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Sometimes when I want a very rich treat I'll eat 5 Roasted Vegetable Ritz crackers with an ounce of cream cheese. About 180 calories, and it feels totally decadent. But you do have to resist the temptation to eat the whole sleeve of crackers with the rest of the pkg of cream cheese. ;)

Mickeypnd
06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
has anyone else tried those jello puddings? they're only 60 cal. and they're SO yummy.

and string cheese is the best. with only 80 cal. they are wonderful to munch on.

Hippolyta
06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I love these weird Magic Pop! snack cakes they sell at my school. They're like rice cakes, but made with wheat--15 calories or something like that. I spread peanut butter on them, about 100 calories total, and it tastes totally decadent.

The natural food store near me sells nut butter balls--one of them includes spirolina. About 180 calories and so filling and nutritious and proteiny, it carries me like a meal.

I also like to slice half a pear into very thin, almost papery slices. About 50 calories, and it tastes like a dessert in a 5-star restaurant!

HungryHungryHippo
06-30-2009, 03:01 AM
I love some of these suggestions!!
I am in SF, on a trip, and discovered Crystal Light Slurpees at 7-11!! Yum!! They have 4 calories an ounce, so I stuck with the 12 ounce, not the 28 ounce, as I would have liked, :D but it was a nice treat! Hope they have them in NYC too!

Smiling_Sara
06-30-2009, 07:57 AM
skinny cow truffles. they are amazing.

MapleLeaf
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons hummus: 70-100 cals

boca veggie burger dipped in BBQ sauce: 90 cals

small corn tortilla with salsa and black beans: 100-120 cals

air-popped popcorn with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a bit of salt: 30-50 cals