100 lb. Club - I will NOT let this derail me...

View Full Version : I will NOT let this derail me...

cfmama
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
My sister hates me apparently. She's pregnant AND hormonal and according to her I am neither supportive of her or a good person. Apparently I hate her daughter and treat her like crap etc etc etc. What's going on is not REALLY important.

What IS important is realizing that I CANNOT MAKE THIS HURT GO AWAY WITH FOOD. Food is NOT the problem. Food is NOT the answer.

Repeat... seven hundred times.

TJFitnessDiva
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
:hug: Just keep repeating that!

Some pregnant women just need to be locked in a box and not have contact with loved ones until about 8 weeks after they have their baby :lol:

kiramira
06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I feel your pain. I have a totally dysfunctional brother who either ignores me, and all my emails or calls me totally depressed and takes his anger over his poor vocational choice and lack of a mate out on me. And then wants me to do stuff for him or sponge off of us for a weekend and he NEVER says "thanks" nor follows the house rules, and then it is back to ignoring my calls and emails...
I'm at my wits end, but I know the answer isn't at the bottom of a box of Oreos...
Stay strong, sister Chickie...
:hug:
Kira

CountingDown
06-22-2009, 09:33 PM
:grouphug: Yes, you are right! EVERYONE has someone that pushes those buttons. Food is NOT the answer!

Stay strong. You've come to far to let ANYONE else derail your progress!

time2lose
06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Cfmama,
You are right. Food will not make this better. The past few weeks that has become my mantra. Food will not make this better.

You are strong and I know that you will come through this.

luvja
06-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Atleast you know, food is NOT the answer. It will only make you feel worse when it's all over. She is just pregnant and hormonal!

BTW - You look amazing in your display picture. I've been MIA for a while, You are doing FABULOUS!

Arctic Mama
06-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I feel your pain, but all food will make you feel is bloated AND sad, so step away from the fridge and get a good hug from someone :)

rockinrobin
06-22-2009, 11:01 PM
You haven't let all different sorts of things derail you from your plan, this is no different. Well, no one knows that better then you. There is nothing, nothing going to stand in your way of reaching your goals.

I sure hope your sister comes to her senses soon. :hug:

bindersbee
06-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't really buy the 'pregnancy hormones' excuse from anyone. I think a lot of women use it as an excuse to behave badly and expect everyone around them to just put up with it. I had the double hormones of a twin pregnancy and didn't use it as an excuse to act like Kate (from Jon & Kate).

shrinkingleah
06-23-2009, 01:33 AM
I agree with Bee, It's kind of silly to be like "I'm pregnant so I can be mean to everyone."

I'm sorry your sister is being mean and selfish. I'm sure she doesn't hate you, maybe it was just a bad day and you were the closest one to her? You seem to be quite a sweet gal, You've come so far and you know that a nice walk or posting on the forums is a good way to distract yourself from downing your feelings in food.

Perhaps she's jealous as she balloons up with her pregnancy and you slim down by the day that you are beginning to outshine her...?
(Ahem, You do look amazing.)

cfmama
06-23-2009, 03:05 AM
You ladies rock. This has made me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Well for the last 14 years I've been the "heavy" one in the family. And now that I'm 40 lbs less than she is (at LEAST) I notice she does not want to hear about my weight loss, is very blase about it and tends to treat me even crappier... correlation? I think so.

And I totally agree. Pregnancy is NOT an excuse to be a total and complete bee with an itch.

And this will NOT derail me. I stayed on plan. I entertained thoughts of dorito's but quickly gave that up. I'm stronger than that.

Rosinante
06-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Never been pregnant, so can't comment on the hormones, but the fact that she's now the heavier of the two of you ~ I take it that's even without the sprog? ~ is the absolute key imho. I have a friend who's not that snirpy but she is happy to encourage me when I'm Really fat, gets less so if she asks and I've lost a considerable amount because it's more than she's ever lost in a week despite the fact that the only reason that's so is that she's never let herself get as big as me, gets well hacked off the nearer I get to her weight and positively sullen if I dip below.

Hey, sad but resorting to food would only let your sister win, and she must not! and your picture is fantastic.

TraceyElaine
06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Big Hug! Unfortunately the better we do the more some peoples true colors emerge. You Rock Tho!, And those are your true colors.

ChocLabLover
06-23-2009, 08:28 AM
:hug: Definately jealousy is playing out huge here. It is unfortunate, this is going to happen. This will not derail you. :hug:

thistoo
06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
My sister made me cry *during* our workout last week. I thought about getting off the spin bike and going home without another word, I really did. Instead I sucked it up and finished the workout.

Good for you for not letting your sister derail you either. Family always knows exactly what buttons to push, and it sucks when they use it against us. But their issues aren't ours, so there's no reason to let them knock us off track.

chickiegirl
06-23-2009, 10:34 AM
And this will NOT derail me. I stayed on plan. I entertained thoughts of dorito's but quickly gave that up. I'm stronger than that.

Big kudos CF. Its not always easy watching those around us change for the better.

Numina
06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Hang in there. HotMama ---- sorry your sister is a sore non-loser, but you already know that you can't fix her at all and you can't fix your feelings with food. Not that any of that makes it hurt less!

:hug:

DCHound
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
She's jealous, and sad that she's not losing weight too, and the pregnancy makes it harder to keep it bottled up. Just love her, and don't listen...you know how utterly fabulous you are. Big Hugs!!!!!

Smiling_Sara
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
:hug: hang in there!

dragonwoman64
06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Well for the last 14 years I've been the "heavy" one in the family. And now that I'm 40 lbs less than she is (at LEAST) I notice she does not want to hear about my weight loss, is very blase about it and tends to treat me even crappier... correlation? I think so.

my older sister was always the skinnier one, when I went home to visit -- after losing around 70 lbs -- she didn't say anything. She'd gained quite a bit of weight, so our "weight roles" have changed. How much better would it be if we could support each other in getting healthy instead of it all having so many negative feelings around it.

Kira, that brother would drive me around the bend!

Jennelle
06-23-2009, 11:42 PM
What IS it with sisters? Can't live with them, can't kill them and bury them in the backyard...

But you're absolutely right - food will not make it better.

Institches21
06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
cfmama-Stay Strong, you can't change the way she feels, but I do hope she changes her mind, being jealous of you will not help her, and those feelings will only backfire on her. I think you have alot to be proud of, hopefully she will see the error of her way of thinking.