100 lb. Club - Sugar and PMS

View Full Version : Sugar and PMS

thinpossible
06-22-2009, 12:01 PM
My period started this morning. My cycle is always irregular, so I'm never quite sure when it's coming. My usual clue is that I'm a weepy, grouchy mess about a week before. But this month? I was a little snappy with the kids, but not weeping over vacuum commercials, or stepping on an ant. :D

If you've cut the junk/sugar from your diet, or severely restricted it, have you noticed a change in your PMS?

synger
06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Definitely. Once I started avoiding sugars and refined flours, my moods have evened out tremendously. And usually when I get snappy, I can specifically link it to being hungry. So a cheese stick or glass of milk will do wonders for my mood until meal time.

irishsarah
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I am PMSing and it hasn't been pretty.

I am going to have to rethink a lot of what I have been doing (or not doing) as my weight goes down. I don't want to stop making progress. Things have started slowing down some. Helping with PMS would just be a big ol' bonus!

I am also going to see my doctor about vitamin B shots. I think I would really benefit. I know taking a B vitamin suppliment has helped me some, I think going all the way with the shot would really help.

Pita09
06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I started this morning and I have noticed a real difference in my mood since going completely off sugar two weeks ago. My face, which usually is a mess of breakouts only has one tiny pimple. My weight is up but I know that is water gain and will drop off by tomorrow, it always does. And even being a little bloated isn't near as it usually is. I also am not cramping like I usually do, and I attribute that to my exercising. I feel great! :carrot:

cfmama
06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Big time noticed the change. I used to get almost psychotic at PMS time and now it's a blip. I might yell a few more times than I usually do ;) But it's all good.