Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 06:41 PM   #1  

Hello everyone,

I saw the thread getting kind of long so I figured I'd better start a new one before it went to page 2.

Dianne, so glad you're back. If I didn't see your post this weekend I was going to e-mail you Girlfriend. Glad to have you back. I've been struggling too but what else is new. I've been struggling all my life with the same 20 lbs. We can do this. Spring is right around the corner.

Terri, VERY SCARY!!! seeing your child in pain & not knowing what's going on. Poor thing. How is she dealing with it? My office manager's niece went thru the same thing at 15 yrs old. What we females have to go through. I'll be praying for the two of you. I know you're going thru alot seeing her that way.

Hi, Zoe, Myra, Jen. Be back later.
Luv, Essie

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-03-2001, 10:39 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from my orientation at the health club and I'm sooooooo upset. This first appt was to do a stress test, flexability test, strength test and fat percent vs. lean muscle. Now, I KNOW I'm not in shape and need to get this weight off and get my body moving but I was so shocked at some of the numbers the computer gave me. So, I'm 45 years old ~ (and I stress that word old....) ~ Let me give you the good ones first. My body strength is that of a 36 y/o. Woo Hoo! My flexability is that of a 35 y/o...Yippee! It's all down hill from here. My cardio is 73!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! My over-all fitness age is 59!!!!! Now, while I do not think that 59 is old, when you're 45, you shouldn't have a 59 y/o body. I am SO going to work on this. My husband is kidding me now, talking like an old man/lady, making little comments about walkers and canes and I'm laughing but on the serious side, I need to fix this. I get this same evaluation after 90 days so I am focusing on the Lord to sustain me, to give me strength to keep up with this and to get this temple He has given to me to use, back into the shape and health He wants it to be.

Just wanted to let Y'all know how I did and how upsetting and eye-opening it was. Time to get up and do something instead of sitting around. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

be back later......

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-04-2001, 12:56 AM   #3  

Zoe, don't worry about it. If you're serious about exercising you'll be okay. We have to work at like everything else. I useto lift weights & do squats with quite a bit of weight on my shoulders now if I try do do what I was able to then I'll be hurting for a week. So now I know I have to work on building up my strength. We'll do this together

Smile
Have a great day.

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-04-2001, 01:22 AM   #4  

Dear Jen, Zoe and Essie,
Thanks so much with your concern!!!!!
She is doing better now. We have an appt. on Monday. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif Can't wait!

Zoe,
Your husband sounds like mine. That is exactly what he would say. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
You will get those numbers down. Just stick with it and they will come down. Good luck!!!! The first 2 numbers were great!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Weekend!!!!
TTYL,
Terri

Old 02-04-2001, 11:31 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Sunday Morning Ladies ~

Just getting ready to get to the mall and to Target. Hubby and son will be going to play golf soon and while I was going to go into the office today, I've decided that I have too many other things to do here...like laundry, buy a baby shower gift for next Saturday, get some new 'sneaks' for the gym, etc, etc, etc.....so I'm going to shop. alone!!! Woo Hoo!!

Essie ~ The personal trainer that did our orientation (I'm doing this with my friend Tracy) told us that they do this again in 90 days and that we won't believe the difference, if we stick to it 3 times a week. I really am excited and anxious to do it. This 'test' was an eye-opener, I'll tell you that! Tracy had a fitness age of 57, I had 59. She is only 39! We are so into getting this part of our lives fixed.

Terri ~ My husband is a real comedian and thinks nothing of joking like he did. I sure did laugh too but when you stop and give it some serious thought, I just need to stick with my program and fix this part of my life.

I hope Y'all are having a great weekend. Talk to you's (that's TX talk...hehehe) later.

------------------
Old 02-05-2001, 12:45 AM   #6  

Good luck to you Zoe. I was thinking of doing that. I have seen the person on a talk show that gives you your "REAL AGE". It is based on your total life. I would like to get that book.
Here is to making you in your 30's again.
::lifting my water to you:: Drink up.
Good luck!
Terri
Old 02-05-2001, 03:54 AM   #7  

Hello

Zoe, how many times a week are you going to go to the gym? I love to hear when women our age take care of their bodies. I work with this girl that's 35 yrs old & she is so out of shape (not heavy) & eats junk food all day. I want to be sooooooooo fit when I hit 50. I'll be 47 in 2 mths. By 50 I'm going to be buffed. LOL Watch out Taebo Queen. You sound so motivated. Reading your post puts a smile on my face. You go Girl

Terri, once they had something like that on-line but I can't remember where I saw it. If I come across it I'll let you know.

Hi Myra, Jen & Dianne

Till tomorrow
Essie
Old 02-05-2001, 04:13 AM   #8  

Hi guys:

Zoe -- your'e so funny! Let me tell you --that's also Brooklyn talk (you's). Like "what are you's doing?" Typical Brooklyn talk. I didn't think anyone in any other state spoke that way, LOL. Hey, don't worry, in a couple of months, you'll be in your 30's again. No, seriously, you're really on track taking care of this now. You'll be much healthier. We all have to get into fitness -- I can't wait til the weather warms up a bit. I know I should be doing videos, but I can't seem to get up the gumption necessary. Whereas I looooooooove to walk.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Hi, Terri, Jen, Essie & Myra. Have a great monday.

P.S. Good luck to Brittany tomorrow, terri.

Dianne

Old 02-05-2001, 11:07 AM   #9  

Thanks Dianne. I think I am more nervous than her. LOL I might take her to breakfast after. Mom and daughter outing.

Thanks Essie. I thought I saw it in the bookstore after seeing him on Oprah. I forget now. I am scared as to my "REAL AGE".
LOL

Hi Jen, Zoe and Myra. Have a wonderful Monday!
Terri
Old 02-05-2001, 04:13 PM   #10  

Terri, everything will go well today, I'm sure. It's normal for you to be nervous. Typical Mom.

God Bless,
Love,Essie

PS Be back later this evening
Have a great day everybody!
Old 02-06-2001, 06:58 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Will this winter ever end? We got over a foot already and it is still coming down. Obviously I didn't go to the gym today. But I did do a tae bo tape at home instead.

I hope all is going well for everyone.

Terri, did you take Brittney to the GYN? How did it go?

Myra
Old 02-06-2001, 08:40 AM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Y'all ~ well, I went to the gym tonight after work and my legs feel like rubber bands. I only did a 30 minute cardio workout (10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 on the bike and 10 on a step thing) I have a feeling that I'm going to feel it tomorrow.
I hope I get used to this fast.....those pains in the muscles hurt.

Essie ~ I am going to go to the gym 3 days a week. Monday and Thursday after work and Saturday mornings. My friend who I am going with was worse off than me. She's only 39.....not even, will be in April and her "fitness age" was 19 years older than her age. I'm 45 and was 14 yrs older. I'm with you girl, by 50, I'm going to be so in shape, they won't believe that I'm 50!!

Dianne ~ Did I ever mention that I'm from north Jersey, Fort Lee??? So maybe You's was something I brought to Texas with me. Ha!!!! I say you's and my friend Thyra will say "what did you say??" So now that I think about it, being a NY/NJ metro girl, that must be where I got it from.

Terri ~ if you get a chance to have that "fitness age" thing done, do it. It's a real eye opener, I'll tell ya. If you don't like exercise, you'll MAKE yourself like it.

Hi Jen, Myra

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Zoe (edited 02-05-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 11:15 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Terri, I hope your daughter got thru her appt. ok. What a rotten way to be introduced to the world of gynie exams. How's she feeling?

Essie, you are awesome....my exercise guru! Just reading your and Zoe's posts guilts me into getting off my butt and moving. Thanks for all the inspiration.

The weekend flew by, since Joe's been home I don't know where the days go. He's feeling great, and is itching to get back to work. I'm enjoying having these 2 weeks together before it's back to the daily grind.

I'll be weighing in on Thurs. this week. After struggling a bit on the weekend (so what else is new?!), I've had a good day OP.

Have a great Tuesday....hi to Myra, Dianne, Zoe!

~Jen

Old 02-06-2001, 03:50 PM   #14  

You's!!!! I thought that was the Bronx slang! LOL. My son's ex asked him why did our family say you's, that she never heard of that word. It wasn't till then that I realized how much I say it. Everytime I say it I think of her That was the moody one. He's going out with one now that I haven't met. Saw pictures of her. She's very pretty but I wonder why he hasn't brought her around? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Myra, I am so sick of the snow!!! I only like it around Christmas time. The weather man said it's suppose to be warm this week so hopefully it'll GO AWAY ALREADY!!! I wish I could find a gym that just did Taebo. I love it. My gym has kickboxing on Sundays but I can't go cause I go to church. I have 6 of Billy's tapes & I use them quite a bit. On one Taebo board they have a 21 Day challenge, I was thinking of joining. I'll see.

Zoe, I like that cardio workout. I do that too. I use 3 machines. The step thingy kills my calves!

Terri, Brit's appt., how did it go?

Jen, thanks for the compliment If I don't exercise I will blow up! I have to no matter what. It keeps my good cholesterol high. I've always had it high. Dr. says my body produces it. It runs in my family.

I'm re-joining WW this week(maybe tomorrow). I can imagine what they say when they see me coming. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs. by my birthday. I may join tomorrow because I'm off till next Tuesday but my weigh-in day will be Saturday. In the past I didn't like to go on Saturday cause it gets too crowded but I don't care anymore I have to JUST DO IT! No more whining & finding excuses. I hate when I do that.

Dianne, are you still going to meetings? What workout videos do you have? Maybe you need some new ones to get you motivated. Just think spring is almost here & all these layers of clothes have to start coming off Set a target day to start exercising & you'll see how much better you'll feel.

Okay Guys, since I'll be off a few days you'll be hearing from me more often (oh goody). My last day of work Have a great day.

Essie

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 02-06-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 05:49 PM   #15  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Essie, glad you are rejoining WW. Let us know how it goes.

I love kickboxing. I actually enjoy it at the gym better than the tae bo tapes but when I can't get to the gym it is a great substitute. This week I tried something real wild. Step kickboxing. It is kickboxing using a step. Wow, what a workout.

Zoe, hang in there at the gym. I know it is hard at first, but after a while you miss it when you can't go. And the exercise really makes you look better and feel better even if you don't actually lose weight. Those "real" years will just decline before you know it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Myra
Closed Thread