Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Lazy, junk-food fan would like some support! :o)

Hello! I am new here and really want to lose weight. I'm 25 and from the UK. I think my problems started when I was a child. I was a very fussy eater, don't know where this stemmed from though as no-one else in my family is! But since forever I have enjoyed eating foods which are bad for me, and I binge eat too. Especially on crisps, eating till I am bursting. Although, I have managed to cut back on that recently. I also love takeaways and going out for meals. I basically love eating, but all the wrong things! I am also lazy which is a horrible characteristic. I don't do any exercise. No excuses, but it's a vicious circle now because I am so unfit I get very hot, sweaty, out of breath and uncomfortable, so I don't want to move! I am about 12 stone. I am a size 12-14 (more like a 14 now) although I tried on a size 14 dress and couldn't get into it today. (Sorry, am using UK sizes, not sure what they are in US). I wouldn't mind being a size 14 if I felt in shape. I am not at all toned and always try to cover up my thighs, stomach and arms, which is very hard in summer. I want to be able to wear what I want without feeling fat and disgusting.

Hope to make some good friends on here and get some support.

Thanks guys!

xxxx
librakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/181/140

Height: 5'4

I feel your pain! Fussy eaters unite! I still hate vegetables and I wish I loved them. I'll try them any way they're made, but still no luck.
My family and I will be moving to Edinburgh in the next 2 years, maybe we'll keep in contact until then!
Hang in there, we'll make it through.
(crisps......*sigh* can eat a whole bag at once!)
hugasandmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'3''

i can relate to the binging! its the worst at night. what are your plans for eating ?
emma1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #4  

Hiya girls! Well I have got better with eating vegetables. I can eat them in things, like curries or lasagna/spag bol etc... And can also eat carrots with hummus, which is yummy. But my brain ignores the fact that they're not disgusting and tells me to eat meat and chips and bread instead stoopid! And yes I can eat a whole multipack of crisps in one sitting, I feel rubbish afterwards though.

I'm not ver good with salads, just certain textures makes me shudder. Like tomatoes and cucumber

I don't really have a plan, maybe that's my problem. I guess take each meal/day as it comes.

Do you think I should be more organised and count calories etc? What do you guys do?

xxx

Last edited by librakitten; 06-22-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Yep, lazy junk-food gal right here!

You might want to start tracking your calories. I have found for me, after much trial and error, it's best to try to conquer one thing at a time. I got my exercise down first. After a month, I started eliminating junk food (of course you don't have to go cold turkey like I had to, whatever works for you). After working on that for about a month, now I'm trying to get more fruits and veggies in. If you're interested, you can join my Fruit and Veggie Challenge. Committing to one area at a time has been a great help to me.

Whatever approach you decide to take, you'll get a lot of help and support here from your friends at 3FC.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  

Helloo! I'm going to try and control my calorie intake. Don't really know what to aim for though. I looked at dailyplate.com but it came out that I should have 1191 per day which seems too little, think that's cos I put that I do hardly any activity. Which is true, but I'm going to do more exercise. And therefore I'll be able to eat more. So I just don't know how many calories I should be having each day to try lose weight ...

Well done on cutting out junk food, that sounds hard! How are you doing with the fruit and veg challenge? I'll take a look at it now.

Thank you! Good luck to you
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #7  

i think 1200 should be okay but maybe with more exercising and when you start to lose weight bump them up a bit? Looking through what these girls have said losing weight, when they restricted them too much (below 1400 or so) they seemed to struggle with losing weight but when they bumped the calories up they said they lost more weight more consistently. Ive only started so i havent lost anything yet. im counting calories too. and eating every three hours so im not hungry. and actually im finding it difficult to reach anything above 1100 calories for the day! and im never hungry. hopefully ill start losing soon.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1101 View Post
i think 1200 should be okay but maybe with more exercising and when you start to lose weight bump them up a bit? Looking through what these girls have said losing weight, when they restricted them too much (below 1400 or so) they seemed to struggle with losing weight but when they bumped the calories up they said they lost more weight more consistently. Ive only started so i havent lost anything yet. im counting calories too. and eating every three hours so im not hungry. and actually im finding it difficult to reach anything above 1100 calories for the day! and im never hungry. hopefully ill start losing soon.
yeah that sounds like a plan. well done to you, you seem to be doing well so far! good luck! i'm sure if you carry on the way you are you will start losing weight very soon
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #9  

i hope so. im only on week 2. im not going to do any measurements till week 3 i think. good luck to you too