Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #1  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Default Some first time questions?

**I am sorry if some of this has been asked before**

I am intending on starting the first week in July (I would love to start now but I have to wait for some $$$ so I can order) but currently I am trying to do the 30ds and WATP-4miles. I have only been doing it for a week, plus some fun exercising, (strip dancing, chair dancing-lol I know) just fun stuff, not to hard but makes me flexible. lol So when I start Medifast, would I be advised to stop working out so much, or would it be ok to continue, just less...I really really don't want to give up on my weight loss this time, and I am looking for as much help as I can get! I am very nervous, but I think I need this so that I can get some of the weight off quickly, then once I get into the 170s I would like to go to WW, as I have had success with that in the past for the last 40-30Lbs. I was also just wondering what the average weight loss is and the time frame is? I know its different for everybody, I just wanted to know what you all did it in and how much you lost? Also has anybody had any luck with mixing MF + WS ? I was looking at both and just wondering If I might like that better, I like the foods on WS, but the results on MF look a lot better? I just didn't know?Thanks alot and so sorry for the long post...

Last edited by sharpie89; 06-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #2  

You need to do 60-90 minutes of exercise a day for it to improve your weight loss. I don't know if Medifast supports this. Do they have a counselor you can call?

Bear in mind, if you don't exercise while losing weight, you will lose muscle along with fat and that is not good.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Not sure where QuilterInVa got that info about Medifast & exercising. According to the official Medifast site & their support materials, it is recommended that you only exercise for 45 min/day while following the 5&1 plan. The reason for this is that the low calories/carbs really do not support intense workouts...your body wouldn't have enough fuel! When first starting Medifast for those who are accustomed to regular exercise, it is OK to continue but for those who are pretty much couch potatoes, it is suggested to wait a couple of weeks while your body adjusts.

Keep in mind that Medifast was originally designed for very obese people who probably did not or could not exercise much meaning that you will lose weight without exercising. However, Medifast does recommend that clients exercise as soon as they are able to do so.

Re: mixing WS & MF. Lots of people do. Remember that the WS shakes are the only thing that is really interchangeable with MF products (i.e., similar nutritional stats). MF & WS are two entirely different programs with very different instructions. Be careful when combining the two as you may end up spending a lot of $$ and not get very good results. Using something like FitDay to log everything in can help with making sure you are meeting the nutritional/program criteria for MF when using WS products.

My suggestion is to follow Medifast using just their products for one month. If you do their plan as written you will see your biggest weight loss during this time. Your taste buds will change and your body will adjust to the new style of eating. Then you can experiment with substituting some WS products.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #4  
Sexy Fat Girl

suesully- Thank you very much! I just have so many questions...lol sorry. Thank you very much!!

So over all which program do you all think has better results? (I know that there are a lot of posts that show the comparisons, but which gives the best results?) I just was wondering?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

I started MF about a month ago and have seen a 20lb weight loss, and that is without re-introducing exercise back into my routine. Changing to MF was a big adjustment for me, and I think it is important to get used to the new eating habit first if you aren't currently an avid exerciser. If not, you may get SUPER hungry an hour after your workout and fall off the wagon. MF makes shakes with a higher protien content called MF 70 shakes. These seem like a good option for your first meal after you work out to replenish your body and help kick the urge to go "cheat."

I saw your post on the other thread as well, and you seem VERY concerned with the speed of your weight loss. Most changes in eating habits will give you a big jumpstart at the beginning then settle down into more healthy amounts as your body adjusts. If you are looking to just lose weight quickly, MF will definatly give you some short term results but just keep in mind that unless you lose weight the RIGHT way (which for most people is a slow but steady 2lbs a week) you could end up just gaining it right back really quickly like other fad diets. My goal is 100lbs and I have given myself a year to do it, that works out to roughly 2lbs a week. A year might sound like too long of a time for you to wait, but in the end you will have created new habits during that time which will help you maintain such a great accomplishment!!
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #6  
Sexy Fat Girl

I am not to concerned with the speed, I just wanted to know? I have a full plan...so I am not concerned with loosing to much. I just wanted to know the speed of everybody else's loss, so that I could come up with the plan I had made...I already work out, and have started loosing some weight, so I know what happens...with the cheating. No worries about that...
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

Well I lost 11lbs my first week and have averaged about 2lbs a week after that, but then again I'm not working out again. Keep us updated on your progress!
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote