30-Somethings - I Exercised Instead of Napping!

View Full Version : I Exercised Instead of Napping!

mortonpixie
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
We have a new baby (born 5/7) and he was up every 3 hours last night so I thought I would definitely need a nap today. But when our 2yr old went down for a nap I decided to let the older kids watch some TV and I "just did it".

I ended up with the baby in the Moby wrap but that probably helped burn calories - the little guy weighs 12 lbs! I walked on the treadmill with him for 30min and then did the strength training exercises suggested by the new app I have for my phone.

I also measured my waist and hips. :o Wow. That was an eye opener. I plugged those into a body fat calculator and came up 52% body fat. :(

Well, I'm good and sore now. Just wanted to celebrate a positive day!

Bigknitter
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Good for you!! The 'just do it' really works for me too :) That's great that you did it carrying your baby.

LBH
06-19-2009, 09:40 PM
That's fantastic!! (Although as a new mom, I think you should've taken the nap!!) :lol:

bindersbee
06-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Now THAT is determination! I've decided the entire difference between success and failure is whether you use your obstacles as excuses OR find a way to work around them. Successful losers don't do it because there are no obstacles and they don't magically make the obstacles disappear either. They simply find a way to get around them. Carrying the baby on the tredmill definately qualifies as a good 'work around'!

When my kids were that small I noticed that they always needed me most when I was trying to focus on something like exercise. Keep it up and success if inevitable. Good job!