Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/274/170

Height: 5'5

Default What kind of exersizes do you guys do at home?

I'm kind of embarrased to do it outside so what @ home ercersice can I do to speed up my weight loss?
ItsNoworNever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I do all of my exercise at home

I started out with a mini-stepper (got rid of that about 6 months into my plan), DH's bowflex, an older exercise bike and a pilates dvd with Ellen Barrett. I've branched out quite a bit and now have a treadmill, elliptical, free weights, exercise ball, resistance bands and lots of DVD's.

Right now my personal fav is the body blitz's outlined in a book called Weights for Weight Loss.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well first I'd say you shouldn't be embarrassed to exercise outside because I think more people should. Walking is great to do outside. Of course, baby steps and it may take a while for you to get to that step

As far as exercising indoors, exercise videos are a great option and designed for exercising indoors.

I have built a home gym over time and have various equipment including a swiss ball, a step, kettlebells, hand weights, weighted balls, weight bench (I started with a small one, I have a larger one now) and more expensive stuff including elliptical and weight machine.

Right now I'm following a program called "New Rules of Lifting for Women" which is an exercise program outlined in a book.

Last edited by nelie; 06-19-2009 at 04:39 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

When I started out I felt the same way. You can gain walking benefits by just walking in place while watching your favorite show! I also started out lifting weights by using cans of food. They weight around a pound depending on what you use. Tons of household items are great!

I love video tapes and DVD's to work out with. Leslie Sansone has a walking program that you can do in your living room. There's a website at collagevideo that shows previews and you can check them out from the library or buy them cheap on eBay.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I have an assortment of dumbbells, a pair of kettlebells and a Swiss ball. I love my workout DVD from Jackie Warner (who was featured in the Work Out reality show). It has 3 20-minute sections - one for upper body, one for lower body and one for abs. I usually do all three and by the time I am done, I can hardly peel myself of the floor. It was money well spent. However, I don't use the DVD very often as I work out predominantly at the gym. But it is great for a change or routine or when, for whichever reason, I can't go to the gym.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Except for walking, hiking, and gardening, all my exercise is indoors.

I love workout DVDs. Walk Away the Pounds are GREAT to start with. You can start with whichever level you are comfortable at, and progress from there. Don't be fooled - they are a good workout!

Other DVDs I like are "Dance off the Inches" series, "10 Minute Solution" series, "Zumba", Gaiam's "Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss".

Hand weights, a stretchie band (comes with many of the videos), and a fitness ball are great tools.

You can find free workouts on Exercisetv.tv, or ON DEMAND - if you have cable.

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-19-2009 at 04:58 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #7  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

OK~I am the queen of indoor FREE Exercises! LOL
I walk from room to room 2 times a day for 45 minutes each time~I started out for 15 minutes 3 times a day and yes I huffed and puffed until I got use to it.
I lift a juice bottle Refilled with water~it's about 5 lbs~About 25 to 30 lifts after I walk per arm.
I Didn't have the money for exercise equipment and decided that I personally would feel like I was exercising if I used it anyways and never wanna do it.
I actually trick myself into walking by walking while I talk on the phone.
SO WALK WHILE YOU TALK IT WORKS!
Even vacuum an extra time~or sweep an extra time~Mop~It's all exercise and Its free...No equipment to buy And you don't really feel like your exercising. Which to me makes it easier to do.GOODLUCK

Last edited by Lori259; 06-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #8  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I have an assortment of work out DVD's and have free weights, I do several reps of push-ups against my kitchen sink.....that is a rule for me so everytime I go into the kitchen its push-up time, I do the 30 day shredder and day one I couldnt even do the girly push-ups now I can do 20, cant wait for the day I graduate to real push-ups.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote