Weight Loss Support - No Pressure

View Full Version : No Pressure

Tracy
06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I just waned to share what is working for me.I always made time limits to get to certain goals.I didn't know it but that was pressure:stress:. Some people work better under pressure.But not me!I have to thank someone ,who read one of my posts,and said "Why do you have to fit in your jeans by a certain time?"Just whenever you do will be fine.:idea:And that is what helped. I used to feel defeated before I started. The scale is starting to finally go down. Also,I make small goals for the day that I know I can attain.For example my goal was 10 min of exercise each day for the week. That was attainable,and I even went past it.I think about one day at a time,and it is working out so much better.As
long as I try to do my best each day. There will be slip ups. But I don't worry about them so much any more.I also get weighed once to twice a week only!
I think it finally clicked ,on how to do this!
I wish everybody good days on their journey!:goodvibes:

JayEll
06-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Veggie dance for you! (With one fruit)

:cb: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :cb: :carrot:

I like to think of a goal as being a direction to go in, not a precise endpoint.

Jay

sprklemajik
06-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Way to go! I like to think of it as I'm going to live this everyday, there's no hurry to get anywhere.

MugCanDoIt
06-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I need to grasp the mentality that we dont have to hurry. But its hard! I want results NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......

Lori Bell
06-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Some days you may want to run like the wind, and some days you might only muster up a slow crawl, but as long as you just keep going, you WILL get there!

I'm so glad you are committed to improve your health!

yoursummerdream
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
You're so right, I still really fight the need to hurry - but i didn't get this way overnight, and it's going to take some time to get healthy.

Everyday I gradually come to terms with the fact that this is a long process and I need to just be nice to myself. I tried setting specific goals and targets but they have already passed and I have not met them. There is a little part of me that is disappointed, but for the most part, I know that I am doing my best and I also know how much better I feel. I am feeling so much more energetic, I don't need as much sleep and I wake up quicker in the morning. These are all positive things that I didn't even think to set "goals" for.

I think with this journey, you have to just look for the good in everything. It sounds like you're pretty hip to everything now - good luck and a big YAY for your positive attitude!