Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 01:22 AM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default Why?

Why is it when I feel I am doing great, something sets me back...further than I was before?

I'm back...again. I was doing soo well last year, lost 30 pounds...ended up down to my lowest (so far at 222).

Then a huge set back came last summer and I turned to the food...

I am now at 259. I am so disgusted with myself.

I have a great husband (who is tall and fit), three beautiful kids, and then me...the oddball.

I'm here, and I need someone (or a few someone's) to keep an eye on me so I don't get 'lost' out there in cyber world.

I'm admitting I CANNOT do this on my own right now. I need someone to hold my hand so I can learn how to 'walk' and then 'run' on my own when it comes to weight loss and dealing with things.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:46 AM   #2  

We are all here for you. Of course you need support......we all do. I am in a group headed by a psychologist and she says there are three keys to keeping our weight off. Here is the order she lists them in.

1) Exercise

2) Support/CheckIns

3) Managing Food

Take one day at a time and post here. I tend to be a lurker but just reading all the posts helps me so much.

Don't beat yourself up (easier said than done since I am doing the same thing now).

Take care and you will find many eyes to look after you here.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:44 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Amy -

I know exactly how you feel. I go up and down. Do GREAT on week and bad the next two!! I too need support, that's why I love this site so much.

We would be glad to track you down when we don't hear from you!!

****HOLDING HANDS**** we'll do this together!!

Nickolas - That group sounds awesome. Is it on-line or person to person?
Old 06-24-2002, 10:45 AM   #4  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

I can relate to what you're saying! I'm only starting out, and already it's hard (but I knew it would be!) When I weighed when I first started out last week, I was at 267 at 5'5". I've never been this weight before. In high school I weighed 147 and back then, all I wanted to do was "get skinny!" What I wouldn't give to be back at that weight again!

It does feel like a monumental huge mountain to climb. We have to just do it one day at a time ~ make the right choices for a day and then get up the next day and do it again. Try reading the "Dreams" thread as well as the thread on motivation ~ the wonderful people here have great insight and encouragement at every turn!!!

Blessings, irishwings
Old 06-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Amy - I think most of us have been in your shoes at least once! I don't know what it is that makes us finally decide we must be successful this time. I know for me, it was a combination of many things, the main ones being (a) I don't want to be in this shape on my 36th birthday and (b) I'm tired of not being able to wear a bathing suit.

We are ALL here for you! Don't lurk. Post often, especiallywhen you're at your lowest or having the hardest time. Visit our mini-goals thread, then set some reasonable, attainable mini-goals for yourself.

Welcome back,
Jennelle
242.5/224.4/140
18 lbs. gone

Next Mini-Goal: 215 by July 12
Old 06-24-2002, 11:47 AM   #6  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Ah, I feel that statement a LOT right now, I swear, the closer I get to my mini goals, the more out of control I get... I don't know how, or why, just that it happens, and that I'm fighting it now, as a matter of fact... so now, I gotta try to beat myself into shape again....today, the exercising starts again, swollen legs or no... I WILL post regularly again... I WILL update my page... nothing to motivate you like the thought that there's possibly hundred, even thousands of people looking at your site pulling for you to do good, and then that there's possibly one little snooty girl, or rotten guy looking at it saying "She's never going to make it!"
Just try to get in here in yack with us, it doesn't even have to be on a weight related topic, just a chatty one, make your own, just so you're having a connection with others that are feeling the same thing
Old 06-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #7  

First, please do not be "disgusted" with yourself. That is such a harsh word to use, and I can feel your pain. I know what you are going through, been there more than once. Actually still there, trying to pull myself out, so I am not really one to be giving advice But, I am going to try again get in control. We can beat this again, and we can start by thinking positively about ourselves. We are great people and I believe that all of us are going to get reach our goals, whatever they may be. I was at 220 and got down to 180, now I am back to 193 as of this am. I know I have to get back in control and now. We can all do this together. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:28 PM   #8  

Button, I was where you are 2 years ago. At 320# in '00, I began losing in Jan, and by june, I had lost 50 lbs. Something ugly happened that summer that threw me. Yep, you guessed it...back to the food. I ate myself back up to 348 by this past Dec. I also felt disgusted. I started again Jan 1 of this year and have lost 60.5 lbs so far. I'm still above my lowest by about 20 lbs, but it well come off!

What plan are you using? I count calories and watch the fat. I also eat fruit ALONE!! This helps to burn off the sugar cals and not store the carb or fat cals.

It really helps to come here and be accountable. I also attend a weekly group that I lovingly refer to as the 'fat club'. It keeps me honest.

Best of luck, Gayle
Old 06-24-2002, 09:49 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

[[[[[[[[[[amy]]]]]]]]]]

it's called yo yoing, and it sucks [which seems to be my theme word for tonight!! this is the 4th post i've used it on!!!]

so, hang out with us here. pick a plan. pick a group. write early, write often, and explore EVERYTHING so that you can find the right combination for YOU..
Old 06-25-2002, 12:04 AM   #10  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

I can't really offer any advice here, I'm trying to climb out of the same hole myself. Only that your not alone on this journey..You have many people here to hold your hand and pick you up when you fall down. Just don't lose sight of your goals
Traci
Old 06-25-2002, 01:14 AM   #11  
Slowly going crazy!

My diet plans are a mixture of Weigh Down (waiting for the 'growl') Drinking my water, exercising and watching the carb intact (my family has a huge history of diabetes).

I'm actually VERY healthy. Textbook everything, except when it comes to my weight. My blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. all PERFECT...so, I know what to do...more exercise, and less BUTT sitting *LOL*
Old 06-28-2002, 11:03 AM   #12  

Hey sweetie. Your not alone, believe me. I too was disgusted with myself. I had a huge re-gain after getting down to my lowest. 188 lbs. I promised myself I'd never see over 200 again, and here I am. Life happens and it's a learning experience along the way. I had beated myself up over it for months while I tried to maintain. Now, am over it. I have my moments. But I know there isn't anything I can do now, except to not let it happen again. We've done it before, we can do it again. Keep your chin up. Your beautiful, remember that. We'll get back to where we were...be patient. And you do have many people holding your hand. You just have to hold on.
Closed Thread