Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/226/150

Height: 5'7

Default Intro and a Question

Hi!

I'm 22, in college, and a total dork.

I've noticed a lot of you bellydance and thought maybe you can help me. If this is somewhere else, I'm sorry, I tried searching for it. I would really love to learn but I live in the middle of nowhere. There isn't anywhere close that even offers classes. Have any of you used DVD's to learn? If so, which ones are good?

Thanks!

<3
Old 06-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Pumpkin!

Any belly dance basics type of video is a good place to start. I think everyone has different favourites, but these are two I like:

Bellydance Basics and Beyond by Jenna
Bellydance for Core Fitness By Ayshe

It's too bad you don't have any classes near you!

In general, DVDs are better than nothing, but if you ever get a chance to take a class, you should grab it. If you ever visit a city that has classes, many instructors allow drop in students for a reasonable fee, and one or two classes will go a long way towards correcting your technique.

A couple of suggestions that might bear fruit down the road: You said you go to college - do they have a fitness/recreation centre? Maybe if you (and enough like-minded friends) ask them, they might be able to find someone that can teach a class. Or you could post on the bulletin board that you are looking for some lessons.

BP
Closed Thread