Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Cravings for...? Oh and Carb...the enemy

I've been going carb crazy lately...which I know is not good at all. When I eat lots of carb, my tummy starts to get bigger and bigger...but I just can't seem to stay away... and all these small cravings here and there I just can't seem to figure out what they are... I try to calm it with mini peppers, carrots...which doesn't work. And I give in and grab whatever I can find here and there.... I tried water too... Anyone ever went through this?
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #2  
Slow and sure chick

"I've been there, that's why I'm here" - Kenny Chesney

I totally hear you. Nothing will put weight on me like simple carbs.
I've gotten to the point that I do not eat sweets anymore. They just make me hungry and tired, which cause overeating for me.

Try "just saying no" to simple carbs for a week and see how you feel and what your scale weighs. Then decide how much and what kind you want to curb.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  

Height: 4'11"

Yep, I second the just say no philosophy. IMO nothing could ever calm or substitute for carb cravings. You just have to get a firm grip and ride it out. You can do it, good luck!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My doctor tried to make me get on a diet that was extremely low carb (Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution) and it totally whacked me out on carb cravings. I actually ended up gaining weight because I was so craving carbs that I ended up eating larger portions of what his diet called for (mainly I overindulged in raw nuts). Not that I eat a lot of carbs in the first place, but when someone says I can't have toast or pasta I immediately start craving it. I'd much rather just watch my fat and calorie consumption rather than following this or that diet.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Tara - I'm sorry that you're dealing with this - it can't be fun! Everyone's so different - not sure if this will work for you, but going off of others' advice, I decided to address carb cravings with a protein snack (like smoked turkey slices with a little bit of cheese) and it's helped a fair amount. Curious to see if it does for you...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

I go nuts for carbs, too. I can't just have one granola bar or cookie or ANY carb like that. I know I'm not yet to the point where I can just cut out delicious processed carbs for good, so...?
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimom11 View Post
I go nuts for carbs, too. I can't just have one granola bar or cookie or ANY carb like that. I know I'm not yet to the point where I can just cut out delicious processed carbs for good, so...?
For me, cutting them out was my only answer. Making them definite "NO'S". I knew I couldn't have "those" carbs in my life AND be that fit, trim, healthy slender person I longed to be. It was one or the other. And finally after many years, I chose to be that slim, healthy fit person. It was time to say buh-bye to the cookies, crackers, cereal and the such. Miraculously, upon eliminating them my tastes for them DRAMATICALLY decreased. And it forced me up to seek out OTHER delicious tasty, yet healthy foods. Yumm. And that freed me up to reach my goals and live the dream life that I'm living now.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I know what you mean. Right now that's what I've been craving at night. I know it's hard to wait it out but that's what I've been trying to do. Maybe a couple of slices of turkey and some water could do that trick?
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote