WW Clubs and Groups - #217 Bale of Turtles Whooping It Up!

Itryharder
06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
:welcome3: :carrot: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

bandit2
06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Good afternoon, turtles:

Judy - yes, the worst part of my cold is over & I feel much better. Still get alittle tickle in my throat now & then. But I am fine.
Congrats at the scales! That is great - keep it up!

Princess - hope you are staying focussed, I find it so much harder when I am at home. Maybe try having some "point friendly" snacks on hand.

Lauren - nice to see how far you have come. Very inspirational for the rest of us.

Everyone else - hope you are all having a great OP day!

Remember: We can, together

Princess1122
06-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Afternoon everyone! Finally have some sunshine here today so MIL and I went to Walmart to do some shopping and I treated myself to some new plants for the gardens... just got done putting them in and took a shower... had mud from head to toe =)

Got some bad news last night. My mom called, she had been to the doctor to get the results from the biopsy that they took from the tumor in her kidneys... it is stage 1 cancer but they think that it is totally contained in the kidney and that removal of that organ will take care of it, no chemo or radiation is expected at this point. So while there is bad news there are many blessings also. She goes in for her surgery on July 6th so I will be heading north the day before and will be up there for a few weeks or as long as she needs me.

Doing well with my food today, I have yet to get to Trader Joes to pick up some things that I need to try Judy's plan but am eager to try it so will try and get there tomorrow.

I have to run but take care everyone! I am hoping to get on line later tonight to do some catch up with individual posts.
Princess

Itryharder
06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Bandit, you're right! We can do this together. :grouphug:I remember so many times in the past I'd get down and say, "What's going on? I do not want to maintain at over 200#." When that happened there was always at least one turtle who would be making a leap of faith and trying new things (specifically Lauren and the home delivery system and Bandit with joining TOPS) and they lost weight! That made me realize that I had to find something that worked so that I could lose weight too. Honestly, without you guys I don't know that I could have stayed with WW's this long. Now we have such enthusiastic and successful new members with wonderful tips to share and this group has simply gotten better and better. :cheer:

Princess, so sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm sending you and her prayers. It's very good that you'll be able to visit and help her recover. You will be a Godsend to her.

Hey guys--here's something that I can't try right now, but a leader at our WW mtg. makes this for a sustainable breakfast. I hope someone will try it out and let us know how it tastes. It's only going to work if you like pumpkin:

Oatmeal w/filling pumpkin
Mix 1/2 cup 1minute oatmeal
1 cup water
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 t. cinnamon
Nuke in microwave.
It's supposed to taste like pumpkin pie--somehow I doubt that, but I do think that it might be tasty. The points are whatever your oatmeal points out to--probably 2pts. for this size serving. Of course we're talking pumpkin puree in a can--not pumpkin pie filling! LOL

Okay, that's what I've got to say. Crazy day today but I think I did okay with food . Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on. I've got my July 4th. goal in mind!!
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 thinner and onto the 30# down goal!

bandit2
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - sorry about your mom, here's hoping for the best.

Judy - your breakfast recipe sounds good, I like all the ingredients & that is something I can make at work - thanks.

I was down .75 last night at Tops. We have 1 more official meeting before summer programme starts & that is basically a weigh in only. But leader said we will probably have a couple of more casual meetings 2 times/month so we don't all lose focus. I know for me I need to be accountable every week for success.

It is raining like crazy up here & suppose to continue until Sunday, so that doesn't impress me. I was planning on going to trailer, but would prefer to stay home if it is raining - at least there I can get some house chores done.
And do my indoor walking/swimming. I need to clean out my closets as well.
I am starting to get quite a few things that are too baggy to keep wearing.
Which is a good thing!

Lets all have a great day & stay positive and on track.

GO TURTLES!!

Itryharder
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, :goodscale: :cp: :bravo: :cheer: here's to another weight loss! Yay! I'm with you that it's important to be accountable to the scale. It keeps us going. I know when I have a tough week in the past, I would WI at the front desk so I wouldn't have to face my leader.

Raining like crazy here too. I think I'll go do my toning tape from WW's.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 for 30# down and getting closer to onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Raining cats and dogs here too! Ugh.

Bandit: Great job on the loss... you really are doing great! House chores... that is what I live for these days... LOL, not much else to do =)

Judy: I agree about the maintaining, well said.

Well, our lights are flickering here so I had better get off and shut down. Today is house cleaning day so lots to do.

Thanks for all of the well wishes for my mom, I think that over all she will be fine. Her age is what concerns me with the whole thing, takes longer to recover, the emotional aspect is hard on her also. But I am blessed to be off from work right now so I can be there to help without worrying about dealing with a employer.

Have a great day all!

msmeri
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Well ya did it to me again, ya hopped to 17 and I was left behind. I gotta learn how to hop on the bus.
:yikes:
Anyway...

Princess: :rain:Rain, Rain go away come again some other day. So sorry to hear about your Mom. Glad no chemo, That is the worst.

Judy: :rain:Better pass out the umbrellas. Pumpkin oatmeal, I've had it, love it just have trouble useing the whole can of opened pumpkin. I am to scattered to eat the same thing in a row. Hey 3# last week, too cool.

Bandit: :rain:ya better go on a shopping spree and buy some new form fitting cloths, no wait...you better buy tight cloths cuz your just going to grow out of them in no time.

Lady: I hear " Back in the Saddle Again" playing softly in the background. Did you forget to send us all a post card signed by Terry Fator. Hey I just found a 5/10K in Temecula in September and the Susan G. Komen 5K is in October in Temecula as well. Are you interested? I am trying to get the girls to do both, but don't know yet.

I found myself stranded in the restroom the other day (long story) and all these reading materials had been pulled out of the cupboard, because we are slowly packing to move. I came across Bob Greene's book. I recognized it. I remembered picking it up at a yard sale years ago. I know I read a little of it because there were marks on a quiz he has you take to see if your ready for Weight Loss. Well I read the first couple of chapters and decide to take the silly quiz. Two things popped out (more then the others)

#3 Do you frequently use excuses to get yourself
out of doing what it takes to reach your goals?
Greene goes on to explain how he has become intolerant of excuses. And tells about what he calls "chronic excuse syndrome". He won't work with a client if during their initial consultation he hears three or more excuses.
I don't have time
I don't like to sweat
My family would never eat that
I'll start on Monday
I have asthma
I can't afford a gym membership

#7 Are you afraid of change?
We like our comfort zone, and change takes out of that. It usually requires you to overcome fear. Fear of change can be paralyzing. *Many use their excess weight as an armor against change.

Well if you remember, I am still stranded in the restroom...ironically right next to a full length mirror. It hits me. That's me. I use my "armor" to protect me from my goals. After all nobody expects much from a 300lbs water buffalo, Right. If I can't control what I stuff in my mouth then how can I ever___________fill in the blank.

Now that I have been getting all this attention at work from my weight loss, I have been very upset. At first I thought it was because I didn't want to get trapped into thinking I am loosing weight for "them". But that wasn't it. I was not used to attention. People over look you. They are disgusted with you. They don't know how to deal with you.

So I guess I can't let my size hold me back #3.
And I have to find a new "armor" to hide behind #7. :drill:

I have been thinking a lot about that. And the other thing I am worring about is what if I don't keep this weight off. I can't do this all over again. I am a lazy person. I don't want to exercise 4 times a day for 6 days a week. The weight has just come off quickly and I can't really say I have worked at it.

It is working though, I guess I lost 4 pounds last Night.
We are doing this new sticker thing in little pocket calendars.
If you stay within your points you get a sticker.
Whoever gets the most stickers at the end of the month gets a gift cirtificate. If there is a tye then it comes down to who has lost the most weight. I seem to be very competive (driven) at this.

Itryharder
06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
MsMeri, oh my goodness! Another 4# down! You are doing wonderfully well. Weigh to go! :goodscale: :cp: :bravo:

By the way, I am the one who usually opens the next thread for our group. When I see we're getting "long", I try to make mine the last post and I try to write the number of the next thread and what its title will be. That is a clue that we're moving on. We'd *never* leave you behind. You've become so important to us!!!!!

Okay, had another good day and although it's raining here I'm still OP and doing well.

Good luck to everyone. Keep on drinking that water and most important, keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 and close to 30# down! :cool:

msmeri
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
ya I kinda of figure it out when I stop getting e mails that someone has posted. See I subscribe to witch ever number, then when you all jump I take a couple of days to remember to come check in.

Is there a better way of keeping up?

Princess1122
06-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Evening everyone and happy Saturday! Went to W/I this morning but was not in time to catch a meeting, the good news is I was down 1.2 and I will take that and be very glad for it! Went for a walk with DH and the dogs this evening, only a bit over a mile but it is so hot and a couple of our dogs are old and that was about all we could manage with them but they loved it and so did we.

meri: You go girl! Wow you are just melting away!

Judy: How are you doing? any plans for this weekend?

Bandit: What is new with you? Any plans this weekend? It is harder to stay focused at home all day, and I have lots of fruit in stock so that is easy for me. I stayed super busy this week and it really helped!

Lauren: How are you doing?

bandit2
06-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Morning, ladies:

Well, it is suppose to be hot & sunny up here today so I am heading to my trailer & meeting my gf there for dinner. Hoping to get in a sun day today - these white legs are not pretty. And we all know the sun isn't good for you, but I feel so much better with a tan & will use my sunblock as well.

Yesterday it rained all day, so don't have to water flowers - that is about the only bonus with the rain. No use complaining, though.

My eating hasn't been great the last few days, so have to get back on track.

Planning on light lunch and big salad with chicken & strawberries for dessert.
So that is fairly light as well.

Then Monday again - new week, new start!

Lets do it!

Itryharder
06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Turtles,
Wow Princess, you did great! Keep up the good work. Keeping busy is the ticket. :cp: :goodscale: :bravo:

Bandit, you're smart to get yourself right back on track. WEigh to go with planning a nice light lunch. :chef:

I'm busy this weekend. Yesterday my daughter celebrated her 40th. birthday party. She is a character and a lot of fun, so figured the perfect spot to have a party was a bowling alley. I bowled for the first time in over thirty years and bowled 7 straight gutter balls before I even knocked down one pin. It was so much fun and hysterical! She had pizza for us, but I had had a huge salad with salmon on it before I left for the party and I didn't eat the pizza. Yay! Then we ended back at my grand niece's house where she had decorated and had loads of snacks. That was trickier and I wasn't perfect, but since she also had veggies and fruit it wasn't a disaster. All in all it was a good day foodwise and a wonderful day people wise. Today we have unexpected company since my dd and her dh stayed overnight. I'll be right back on my eating plan, and I'll figure out something to serve them as the day goes along. Then tomorrow my woman's group is having our annual dinner. I'll drink a shake before I go and eat very moderately at the party. It should be fun as long as I'm confident about the food.
You all take care and be well and happy. By the way, I also have a non-scale moment to share. My pants are getting too big. Although I've only lost an additional 6 pounds recently my measurements have changed. I just bought a pair of size 18 jeans and they fit perfectly! First time I've been out of size 20 in ages!!!! :cp: for me.

Chrily honey, how are you doing?
Lady, how are you?
MsMeri, what stats you have. Whew! Weigh to go!
Lauren, how are those "Lauren" jeans feeling?

Good luck, don't let the rain/heat get you down and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and closer to 30# down. :cool:

Princess1122
06-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! Rainy day here but we had a nice weekend, it was very hot but mostly sunny. Fathers day was nice, had the family over and made a nice supper, it was not very points friendly but it was what DH wanted and it was his day after all... LOL. He got some nice presents and it was great to hang out with the kids.

TOM arrived, ugh! But even though I ate more then I should have over the weekend I am determined to eat my daily points allowance this week and get out for some walks and hopefully the gain will be minimal for W/I on Saturday.

Bandit: I know what you mean about the white legs...LOL. I have them too and even though I am not looking good in shorts right now I have been wearing them while working in the garden to try and get a tan going.

Judy: Have a great time with your womens group today and stay strong... you can do it!

Meri: Your stats are amazing! Great job, you are an inspiration to us all!

All: Hope everyone is doing well!

Princess

bandit2
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon, ladies:

Judy - You are really doing great on this plan & you really sound focussed, motivated & inspired. I am soooooo happy for you & it really makes me want to smarten up. Thanks! Nice job on the jeans - that is truly exciting.

Princess - glad you enjoyed your fathers day festivities & are back on track.
I also am not expecting a loss at scales this week. Too bad, but when I over indulge that is what I can expect. Hopefully we won't do too bad. Good luck!

Msmeri - as Princess said, your stats are amazing. Keep it going, girl!

Everyone else - hope you are all staying OP.

Sometimes, it is just so hard to stick to things everyday. But even though we sometimes lose our way as along as we find our way back to our plan & all you members, we will be successful.

Together, we can

Princess1122
06-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! Hot and muggy here today but the sun is out! Yah!

Went for a walk this morning and it felt good to get moving again. I am going dress shopping with my future DIL today, I need a dress for the wedding, should be fun!

Bandit: It is so easy to get off track... wish it was just as easy to get back on track...LOL.

Judy: A big congrats on the new jeans! That is so awesome!

Princess

bandit2
06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon, turtles:

I am going to dinner tonight with my ladies group to a mexican restaurant.
Any suggestions on something that won't totally sabotage my weigh in tomorrow? Thanks.

msmeri
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Howdy all,

Did good friday night, stayed within my points(pizza night)
Sat. went to the mall w/gal pals (who are on WW also)
We had pretzels and lemonade, Not the worse thing. I had eaten @ 5:30 so by 12:00 I was starving I grabbed 2 handfulls of trail mix befor we left.
BAD IDEA turned out to be 14 points
Live and learn

Princess- Way to go 1.2 pounds that's above the average weight loss!:carrot:

Bandit- The thing ya gotta notice about them "tracks" is they keep going. On or off just get up and keep going.;)

Judy- OMG an 18 that is super terrific! Good bye to all those outfits in the 20's. I'd take that any day over lost pounds, people don't see your number on the scale but they can see how skinny you're gettin:D

Don't know if we are havin WI tomorrow. Our leader had to go out of town. I am hoping one of the other girls will say we can meet @ their house.:?:

got a new one for ya

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Breakfast Pudding

Ingredients
1 Packet Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa
1 tbsp. Better N' Peanut Butter
1/2 Rolled Oats (NOT INSTANT)
Dash of Salt (optional)

Directions
1. Whisk the oats, cocoa, salt and peanut butter with 3/4 c. of water in a medium microwave safe dish until well combined.
2. Microwave on high for 2.5 to 3 minutes.
3. Stir and serve.

*NOTE: You may use regular peanut butter or any kind of lower fat peanut butter if you prefer.

Number of Servings: 1
* Calories: 225.0
* Total Fat: 3.8 g
* Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
* Sodium: 245.0 mg
* Total Carbs: 37.5 g
* Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
* Protein: 9.0 g

I eat it for lunch because I don't have time in the mornings. Yummy:coffee:

Itryharder
06-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Msmeri, what could be better than pb and chocolate? Yum.

Bandit, I'm thinking a big salad with grilled chicken. Not very Mexican, but the fajitas with sides of sour cream, guacomole, etc. are really high in points. If they have a rice and black bean dish, that might be okay.

I didn't do anywhere as well last night as I hoped. It was disappointing and the scale was up 3#. Now I know I didn't gain 3#==salt, etc. were factors, but still I had more food than usual and also more fattening food, so I have to be very good today. So far, so good, but it's tempting to want to eat other things. Gotta keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and thinner and closer to onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Morning and and happy Wednesday to everyone! Doing good here and now I have more motivation then ever to get some of this weight off! Went shopping for a dress yesterday to wear to my sons wedding... found a great dress, it is snug to say the least but I am highly motivated to get some of this weight off and also to do some strength training now to get toned!

Judy: Ugh! I feel for you! That is like the worst! Doing good then BAM! A gain. You will be back before you know it though... maybe drink lots of water to get rid of the salt effects?

Meri: Great recipe! I love the pretzels at the mall... LOL, they are super hard to resist.

Bandit: How did the girls night diner go?

bandit2
06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone

Judy - sorry to hear about your gain, but you know you can get it back off just as quick. You are really doing great - put the gain behind you & as you always say "keep on keeping on"

Msmeri - recipe looks very yummy. Something new to try, thanks.

Princess - Dinner was really good. I ended up having chicken quesidillas & you got 2 of those & with that came rice and small salad. Very tasty but you could tell not very point friendly. But I enjoyed my dinner & had some wine as well.

Not looking forward to weigh in tonight - I will be up this week for sure.

But we are starting a 10 week summer challenge tonight so hoping for that to get me focussed. So our weight tonight will be the starting point & the challenge is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. And that will bring us back into Sept when our offiial meetings start up again. I think this is a good goal for the members over the summer. And if I can do that I will be on track for my own personal goal of losing 40# since last Sept. Even though we don't have official meetings over summer, we still weigh in every week at the club.
Thank goodness for that.

Does anyone else want to join this challenge?

msmeri
06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Yea Bandit-
I want to know about the challenge.

BTW we are having WI @ another girl's house

:eek:

bandit2
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Msmeri - the challenge is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. Thats it.

msmeri
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
okie dokie when do we start?
My weigh in is tonight

Itryharder
06-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm in for the challenge! I had my WW WI today and gained 1# since last week. It's really much worse than that since I had lost 3# this week after my last WI. Egads. It's really tough but my mtg. gave me some inspiration again. We've been so busy with social activities that it's been crazy and not good at all for watching food. even eating small amounts of food is packing on the pounds. So======tomorrow will be better and then we're away again. I'll bring some food with me, keep it simple while away and really watch it. Wish me luck!

Princess, great that you found a dress you really like. Way to go and weigh to go! You can do this and you've got a great incentive to do it.

I'll keep on keepin' on, Bandit, just like you and I say!

Tough days here and I'm not enjoying the food. Today wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. Luckily we've got nothing planned for tomorrow so that will help.

I'm in on the challenge. I'd love to be 10# down by the end of the summer. I had promised myself to be 5# down by July 4th. so I had better get cracking.
Judy

Ayla77
06-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi ladies! I'm new to the 3fc community (but not to WW). I would love to join you!

I live in Clinton, PA but work in Toronto, OH. I have 1 dog and 2 cats.

I've been doing WW since 4/11/08 and I've lost 108 lbs with it. I had lost some previously using sparkpeople.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

{hugz}

msmeri
06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Ayla- Howdy. glad. real glad to have ya! 108 ponds-yes! it can be done. Thank you. 4/11 That's a memorable date for me it's my wedding anniv. And I am a sparkperson too. Are you still? the WW team on there is not all that active, that's why I am here I LOVE the girls. But I am active in the Leslie Sansone and Small Dogs with Big Hearts Teams. My name is 3chihuahua on there if you (or anyone is interested) What's your doggie's name?;)

Judy- Social activities are the worst. Being on the program only 5 months I have not figured them out. Maybe I should have and that's why every time I eat pizza on Fridays I go off the deep end. Just don't know how to act around real food. But I am glad you got your inspiration back. Keep on keepin' on is our anthem, no better, our cadence to march to. So lace up them boots girl.:drill:

Bandit- When exactly does the 10 weeks start. I lost .6 last night. So is that part of it? By the way, what ever did you have for dinner at that Mexican restraunt? Were you able to stay on points?;)

Princess- What kind of dress did you get? What color? Is it a semi-formal? We are renewing our vows in 2011 and I don't know what I want the attire to be. I am thinking more in the evening so that's a little more dressed up isn't it?:?:

Itryharder
06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
:welcome3: :carrot: to Ayla,
We are a great group of gals here and give each other :cp: and :grouphug: all the time. It feels so good to have this support. You have had a fabulous weight loss so far and I'm glad you will join us as you continue your journey. :goodscale: and welcome again!

Msmeri, you're doing great. As far as eating out, right now I can handle one dinner or occasion a week and still have the scale cooperate. It's when there are more than that or I'm dealing with a full weekend away from my kitchen that it gets tough for me. This weekend I'll be at my stepgrandson's h.s. graduation and I'm bringing all sorts of fruit with me to keep in my purse for when I'm hungry. I also found last time that grilled chicken, hamburger, small steak can be found in most places and even though they'll have fattening salads, I found that if I ask for a house salad, I can usually get one of those. I'm thinking ahead for the fourth of July where we're invited to a family gathering. I'm bringing the largest salad stuffed full of foods I can eat--like celery tomato, onions, olives, cucumber--you get the picture and then I'm filling my plate with that and eating a BBQ burger (am thinking of bringing my own lean burger since they buy the Bubba burgers and the fat in those is enough to float a boat!!!!

Okay, gotta run and take care of things today.

Lady, how are you doing now that you're back from Vegas?

Chrily, how are you?

Lauren, how does it feel to be living day to day in your new yummy figure? I am so happy for you! Hey, I've got to write Sonia and see how she's doing.

Everybody have a great weekend.

Judy
234.6/205/204.6 onward and downward to 30# down
(That middle number is what I was at home this week and I like it a lot better than WW's number . LOL)

bandit2
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi ladies & welcome Ayla!

Msmeri - lets use this weeks weight as our start point for the challenge.

So after my weigh in last night I am at 192 (had a 3# gain from my 3 dinners out this week) At the mexican place I had chicken quesidillas with rice, salad & wine. I figured all that as about 20 points, but not sure.

Ayla - boy, you have lost alot of weight. That is awesome.

Judy/Princess - hope you guys are doing good as well.

Right now we are preparing for some severe thunderstorms, so glad I just got home from work & can stay in.

Today for breakfast I had a tortilla with peanut butter & 1/2 banana - so good. Big salad with tuna for lunch & not sure about dinner.

I didn't walk this week with being out for dinners, but am planning on going tonight. That really seems to make a big difference for me at the scales.
Also since I am basically lazy, I tend to snack less after walking.

My goal this week is to drop 2# at the scales & walk 3 times!

msmeri
06-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Bandit- :rain: Hey, have you had those Mission "Carb Balance" tortillas.
I think they are 2 points
(for the soft taco size) 10" I think.

Anyway they have ...get this....11 grams of Fiber

Too Cool or what?

Princess1122
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Afternoone everyone! I was on line very early this morning and had a nice big message all typed out to post... then the site went down... ugh. Just getting back on now to see what is going on.

Ayla: Welcome! it is great to have you with us!

meri: I use those kind of tortillas! They are great! My dress... it is actually a skirt with a top but it is semi-formal to say the least, at least for me it is... LOL. The skirt is long, floor length, and a very pretty shimmery silver/gray color, the top is a pretty mauve mixture with long sleeves and a wrap around kind of front to it. I tried to find a picture of it but was not able too... will post one when I eventually wear it.

Bandit: Good luck tonight! I don't do well either unless I exercise, it has always been that way with me... ugh! They are calling for bad weather here also... be safe and take care of yourself!

Judy:I agree with your plans for food over the holiday! I do that, I often have taken FF Hotdogs or Black Bean Burger with me, family does not mind, they are not interested so it is not like I have to fight anyone for my FF hotdogs...LOL.

msmeri
06-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Judy, Judy, Judy- (what old movie is that from?) That is a GREAT idea to start planning ahead for the 4th of July. I'll get right on that.

Social events are weird for me. I don't really ever have more then one a week, usually. But, it's just that ALL of my girlfriends do WW together. So 99% of the time, I am with one of them. And, I give into peer pressure. Mother's Day, my Leader took me to a church tea. They passed out HUGE pieces of cheesecake. I didn't want any. I told the waiter no thank you. She said we were "out", and I earned it, besides she wanted it and couldn't eat her's unless I did too. Then this past weekend we went Father's day shopping at the big city mall. The two girls I was with were walking on egg shells all day. They didn't want to go through the drive thru because of me. They didn't want to get something at the food court because of me. Now I don't say anything they just know how much weight I have lost. Finally I was tired of feeling like a freak and had a pretzel and lemonade.

I have come to realize I am at a different place then they are. They all have school age children and my leader's youngest is just 1 year old. I have been married almost 20 years. I did have a health scare that has motivated me. But, I still have to wake up everyday (just like they do) and make the choice to exercise. I get greif sometimes because 4 of us started out very close in start off weight. I was the heaviest, but not one by one I have passed them all up. Now I am only 9 pounds away from catching my leader. Her hubbie is trying to pushing her. Two of them bought super fancy treadmills with TVs and everything. I could not do that. I just walk around my neighborhood. The only equipment I bought is a Stability Ball. I don't know, they say they want to lose weight, they buy things. I don't know.

Now I have been good, when I stay within my own little 4 walls. But if we get a pizza, I eat like I did in High School. I am a firm believer that you have to eat a piece of birthday cake when you are at a party. So, I am not completely off the deep end. I never, never, never, use my extra weekly points, and don't count the activity points I earn every day (no less then 4 a day) I am just still working on the emotional connection I (had) with food. I kinda haven't learned (yet) how to eat real food. I stick to my home, and don't buy to much junk, and I just count out my 11 pretzels to make a serving, or my 9 mini Rice Cakes. I eat about 4 frozen dinners a week, because I like the portion control. I don't want to do that forever. I have to learn to eat real food sometime. And I spend a GREAT deal of time worrying that I will just add the weight right back on. And I can't do this all over again.

So, now that I told you more then you ever wanted to know...

Hope ya all still talk to me

bandit2
06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi turtles:

Msmeri - you are doing great, so for now just keep at it. Sabotagers are all around us & we have to find ways of handling all these situations that got us overweight in the first place. But, you seemed determined and planning ahead will help you lots.

Princess - yes, I got my butt back over to my walking centre tonight and got in 33 laps, and feel good about that. Also stayed completely OP today.

Judy - how you doing?

I made ratatoullie today & it turned out great. I had that will sole for my dinner. Then some strawberries with cool whip for my snack tonight with a cup of tea.

Have to stay on track this weekend!

Ayla77
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes turtles!

Msmeri: I don’t frequent sparkpeople but I still go there occasionally. I like to look at the recipes and the articles they have. My sparkpeople name is time2loseit ……..uh oh…You asked me about my puppy dog! You’re in for it now ;) My dog’s name is Jaida. She’s a black lab and spoiled rotten! She’s about 4 years old. She has knee problems though :( Her kneecap keeps popping out of place and it’s really painful for her. The surgery she needs is $2000 and I just don’t have it. It’s killing me because she’s my baby and I hate when it pops out because she is in pain. Right now I have her on fish oil caplets and her vet said to start her on glucosamine/chondroitin to try and keep the knees hydrated. As for your “friends”…Don’t ever let them make you feel like you’re a freak! You are working on You!!! Don’t let them sabotage you!

Judy: Thanks for the compliment! I’ll be making a big salad too for my 4th of July celebration. What’s a Bubba burger? :burger:

Bandit: Thanks for the compliment! We’re having some severe thunderstorms tonight too. I LOVE tortillas with pb and bananas!! I use a tortilla brand called La Tortilla Factory and for a small tortilla it is 0 pts! Your goal of 2# and walking 3 times seems very attainable!

Princess: Thanks for the welcome! I hate when that happens…you get your post all typed out and the site goes down! Your “dress” sounds beautiful!!

The first part of this week was really hard for me for some reason. I thought I was so hungry – I felt like eating the whole refrigerator! I’m not looking forward to this weeks weigh in…that’s for sure! I weigh in on Saturdays.

Until tomorrow...
{hugz}

bandit2
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Morning, turtles:

Ayla - good luck at your weigh in. Your dog sounds lovely and a real company. We have cats and they are fun & company, but not same as a dog. They "do what they want, when they want"

Today, I am going for another walk at centre then quick swim since I have today off work. So might as well get my exercise in before the day passes.

Did good yesterday with everything - now just have to behave over weekend.
Which, for all us is the most difficult.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Itryharder
06-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, it's thunder and lightning right now and I've got a six hour drive ahead of me today. Ugh! Well, it may take more time because I'll have to watch the driving in the rain.

Princess, your dress for the wedding sounds spectacular. Wow, I love the way it sounds. Good luck this week!

Msmeri, wow, your friends really lay a guilt trip on you. Somewhere in your head there's a thought that can be emphasized and it sounds like this, "What I eat has nothing to do with what you eat. And-----what you decide to eat isn't influencing me and what I decide to eat." You have done so very well. You've lost the weight I'd love to lose, so I feel silly offering you advice, but I hear you so clearly and I know you want to continue doing well. I guess what I'm saying is to do the right thing for yourself. It shouldn't make a difference what your friends do or weigh and if you've passed them by in your fabulous weight loss journey, that's okay. They can hop on board any time they want and in the meantime you're doing great!

Ayla, good to see you posting. Sorry about your dog. Wow, that's an expensive surgery! Good luck with your weight this week.

Bandit, great to get in :tread: this week and good luck with food over the weekend.

I'm going to make salads for dh and me for our trip and then I'm going to make a shake to sip on the drive up north. After that I'll have to make good decisions in restaurants, etc. (See, I almost said "I'll be at the mercy of menus in restaurants--NO I won't. All of this is a matter of making the best choices all the time. I can do this>)
Gotta run and get some stuff done.
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 :cool: getting closer to 30# down.

Princess1122
06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone and happy Friday! Super hot here! Wow! It has just been crazy weather here this year. Food has been really good for this last week... I have high hopes that at the very least I will not see a gain tomorrow at W/I. A loss would be awesome though!

meri: So do you guys just do your meetings at someones house not at an actual Weight Watchers location? In regard to your friends and their comments... March to your own tune and ignore them! You are doing great! Sometimes there could be jealousy in a group that is trying to lose weight together... could that be it?

Judy: I have faith in you! Just think about the next size SMALLER of jeans that you will get all the sooner if you simply make smart choices... =) Thats what I keep telling myself... I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage in that dress come September!

Bandit: Awesome job on the walking at your centre! What are your plans for the weekend?

Ayla: thanks! It is a very pretty outfit and I look forward to wearing it at my son's wedding in September... I am a dog lover too! Have three right now, all very loved and spoiled. we just lost a black lab, her hips were very bad but she had 14 wonderful years with us... but it was time to let her go, she went down hill very quickly at the end. We used the Glucosamine for her for a long time and it helped her... good luck with yours. Would your vet let you make payment arrangements for the surgery?

msmeri
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Princess- yes, yes We just meet at one of the girl's houses. I is quite a sight. There are 5 of us girls (plus her mom) and we meet every Wednesday. We have the WW scale that keeps track of body fat and BMI and everything. Most of us have bought all the materials from E bay. Most of them have the 2008 editions. I was given my FIL stuff so it is from 2009. I also have his online WW membership. But I use SparkPeople more to tell you the truth. We don't have the little food trackers we just all bought journals and we keep track of points, what time we eat, water intake, exercises and durations. 4 of us have husbands and all but 1 (truck driver)comes along cuz the guys talk. We have, are you ready for this...13 kids between us! From the ages of 19 - 1 year old. Normally they don't all come.

Chanda our leader, and her Mom, used to attend real WW meetings before she conceived her now 1 year old son. So I guess she know a bit. More then us anyway. We are all done having children (I think)and not happy with our looks. Two of the girls have 5 kids each, so there body's have been through quite a bit. Each one of us are in a size somewhere in the 20's. Me 28 was tight. Anyway we have dinner together, usually exercise with the gym equipment or play with the Wii fitness things. Recently we started doing Direct TV on demand workouts. Only 2 of us really work out on a regular basis (besides Wed) In the beginning all we could do is walk around the block about 1/2 mile.

Throughout the week, we call, email, send notes, just generally keep each other going. Some times the phone calls turn into confessions of some indulgence we had. But I guess that keeps us accountable.

Every week someone "hosts" the dinner. Next week my husband wants steak sald. So I asked each girl there two favorite topping. Then someone brings drinks, crystal light, diet soda, juice boxes, beer for the guys. And someone brings desert usually Skinny Cow ice creams, Last week I brought Jell-o (The kids devoured) I guess they never had jell-o before. And someone brings kid food, cuz they usually wont eat what we are having. Maybe the 19 and 13 year old, maybe. So there is chicken nuggets, pizza, burritos, mac & cheese, fish stick,s ya know just whatever.

One of the girls is trying the low carb method but we are trying to pull her over to our side. Telling her how unhealthy it is. We do a lot of Hungry Girl recipes and sometimes the Mrs. Sindfield cookbook. where you add veggies pureed into everything so your kids don't know. It's fun, we just did a Mexican Fiesta, I made a 2 point guac recipe using 15oz of baby spring green peas. YUM! We have a black bean pizza night at least once a month. We trade new salad dressings, peanut butter substitutes, sometimes we make splenad cookies.

any you get the picture.

Princess1122
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Meri: That sounds like a great time and it sounds like a great bunch of people!

All: DH is away on a fishing trip this weekend so it is just me and the four legged kids. I pulled weeds around the driveway today, ugh! It is just stinking hot out there, but I think I may have lost a pound just in sweat...LOL.

I am going to go for a walk this evening or maybe a bike ride later on, after it cools down a bit. I got side tracked doing the invitations for the bridal shower for my future DIL. We are doing a luau theme party since they are going to Hawaii for their honeymoon.

I need everyones help here... I need some suggestions for food to serve at the bridal shower that is on the low side of the money scale and points friendly if possible. I thought of a large fruit tray... maybe a shrimp tray if I can find some on sale... any other suggestions that would go with the Luau theme?

Have to run but will be back in a bit.

Princess1122
06-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Morning all, just got back from W/I... was down .2 - not great but I will take it. Went for a long walk last night with my future DIL, we walked for about 3 miles so that was really nice, it flew by since I had someone to talk too and keep me company while we walked. Food was really good last week, except last weekend... fathers day I indulged a bit but the rest of the week was great.

So I am a bit behind on my 10 for 10 challenge but hope to catch up this week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

msmeri
06-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Princess - Down .2 is very good, anything as long as it's going in the down direction means your making progress! And that's what we turtles are all about.

HAWAIIAN LUAU CAKE
3c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
2 c. diced bananas

Sift dry ingredients; add remaining until blended. Bake in greased tube pan, 350 degrees for 1 hour, 20 minutes. Place foil over top for last 15 to 20 minutes to prevent cracking.

COOKS.COM

Itryharder
06-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, .2# is still down, but believe me-----I would be disappointed with having a great week with food and working in some exercise and having that number on the scale. It is down, and that's :cp: and :bravo: I do remember that in the past you seem to lose big one week, and then less the next. Keep on doing what you're doing and I think next week will be a really good loss. :cheer:

As far as your bridal shower food. Are you going to cook? Will it be this summer? :chef: Something my friend does is make fruit on skewers. Watermelon is inexpensive in the summer. To make it Hawaiian, you could skewer some pineapple on the very top. I cut up my own pineapples and depending on how many people you're having, that might not be too expensive. She also makes a lot of chicken salad to have with the fruit. I have a billion ideas and I bet Msmeri will too as well as the other turtles!!! This will be fun.

I've got two good cold salad recipes: a WW Cole Slaw and a WW friendly orzo, tomato, spinach and basil salad that feeds a crowd and is easy to make. I also have a curried chicken salad from WW's that is good and points out well.

If you're thinking about doing hot: I've got several recipes for chicken: Chicken and cashews in lettuce cups, chicken with almonds a la South Beach, WW Pineapple Glazed Chicken Thighs ,
Chicken cutlets or tenders on a skewer with WW 0-point Chinese type sauce

Let me know if any of this is useful and I'll post the recipes.

Msmeri, what a friendly supportive group of WW's you've got going! Social evening out with dhs and children and dinner taken care of and losing weight to boot! My idea of heaven. Keep up your good work, and you know we're all pulling for you! :cheer: :grouphug:

Strange thing happened here. Yesterday morning as we were about to drive upstate, we had thunder storms and lightning. Not fun. We checked the weather report for where we were driving and we would have been in the storm all the way. Maybe if we were 25 years old, we might have tackled the trip, but we called our ds and cancelled. I was disappointed because we wanted to be at the graduation, but the trip looked impossible. We talked to our ds later in the day. We're home for the weekend. We made good use of the time to rest and get a few things done at home and we also dieted really hard. I know this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and it has been for the most part, but I also need to really watch what I eat to lose any weight. Because the last two days have been good, I am now only about a pound above my lowest weight. My challenge, as always, is to keep it off and get to the WW WI with that weight. Then we are out again to a local spot for a 2-day visit with grandson and daughter and I'll have to bring food and be very careful! Okay--=this is way more about me than you need to know.LOL

Princess, good luck with the party. it sounds like so much fun.

Ayla, how are you doing? :welcome3: A Bubba Burger is a frozen hamburger patty available at our NE supermarkets. It has some beef, but it is loaded with fat and it is huge so it points out somewhere between 11-13 points! Ugh--without the roll!! LOL. So the more I think about it, the more I realize there is no way I'll have that for the fourth of July!!!!

Bandit, your plans for the weekend sound great. You're doing so well with your weight. When you want chips or other stuff that is deadly to us, smile----think of all your turtle friends telling you to hang in there and next week your WI will be :goodscale: Yay!

Lauren, how is your summer going? I keep thinking about Lauren in Lauren jeans (size tiny) and I'm so happy for you!

Lady, how are you doing?

Chrily, stop by and say hi.

Okay, gotta go. Sorry this got so long.
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and close to 30# down! :cool:

Itryharder
06-27-2009, 10:11 AM
MsMeri,
We must have posted at the same time. My dh and I will be having a luau some time this summer, and I 'm going to try your Hawaiian Luan Cake. It sounds super yummy!
Judy

Princess1122
06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
meri: Thanks for the recipe! I looked on line and found a recipe for Kalua Pork that looks like it might be good for the event. I will look for the pork loins on sale and cook it the day of the shower, you are supposed to pull it apart/shread it then throw it in a crock pot to take to the shower... Serve it with some Hawaiian rolls maybe...

Talk soon!

bandit2
06-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - that pork recipe sounds liked pulled pork & I made in crockport and it was excellent & soooooo easy. At showers I always looked forward to those little sandwiches cut in triangles - egg salad, tuna, ham & they were so good, but seems no one serves those anymore. The fruit kabobs are always nice as well. Maybe a dip with nacho chips, shrimp platter, cheese tray with pickles. Easy dessert is angel food cake (a named brand) mixed with can of crused pineapple & bake as directed. For some reason, the ladies say if it is no name doesn't turn out. This is very good.

Princess - nice job on the weight loss. Anything down is good - just keep it going.

Msmeri - your recipe sounds very good.

Judy - you made good choice staying home, why risk things in bad weather.
And you are really on track with things I am happy to hear. Next week should be awesome at scales for you.
As for myself, I stayed OP all day so was happy with that.

Tonight, I am going to a singles get together with a friend of mine I haven't seen in ages. So that will be nice to catch up with her.

Well, time to get organized. I have leftover fish, chicken parm and lots of salad stuff to get me through the day. And tomorrow I bought a tiny rump roast for my dinner, so looking foward to that.

Have a great OP day & lets get in some extra water, exercise and positive thoughts for the day!

msmeri
06-27-2009, 11:03 AM
oh yes I LOVE those Hawaiian rolls

We did pulled pork in the crock pot a while back,
Cooked all day in 3 cans of Coconut milk
Only 50 calories per serving

But you dump out most of the milk when it's done cookin'

good thing was I found the milk at the .99 cent store

We served it on a bed of rice, cheep

Basic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
You will encounter many different versions of macaroni salad in Hawaii, but the most common and most popular version is also the most simple: Macaroni and mayonnaise with a little grated carrot, salt, and pepper. Many other ingredients can also be added, such as pickles, olives, hard cooked eggs, bits of meat, onions, mustard, and anything else that appeals to you.

Salad Ingredients:
Macaroni
Grated Carrots
Mayonnaise
Milk (optional)
Salt and Pepper

Instructions:
Cook macaroni till tender, then drain and rinse with cold water. Add grated carrots and mayonaise, and add a little (only a little) milk if it seems too thick and pasty. Season with salt and pepper to taste

msmeri
06-27-2009, 11:15 AM
You got to check out this fruit center piece

http://www.toppartyideas.com/easy-hawaiian-luau-party-food-and-snacks/

Don't forget about Oriental Trading Co.
They are on line
and cheep on party decor

Itryharder
06-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Turtles, you really move fast! Loads of good ideas for the luau, Princess. As a matter of fact, pulled pork sounds so good and easy that I think I'll try that for my next luau!
Also love the site Msmeri sent us to. Lots of cute ideas.
Judy

Princess1122
06-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Morning all and happy Sunday to everyone. Cooler here today, thank you! Got lots of yard chores done yesterday and then did some beef on the grill for supper last night. The heat was draining and I went to bed early but over all it was a nice day.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions and websites that you posted. I really appreciate it! They were all helpful and I think I have a basic outline of the menu... just waiting for the rest of the guest list to get turned over to me so that I can get the invites out... the shower is July 25th... waiting for the lists is point of frustration for me as time is short and I am getting ignored from the people that told me they would gladly get me the information for the friends and family members that I don't know, they were eager to help and now have disappeared... ugh!

Bandit: Yep, it is basically pulled pork and I was thinking that the crockpot would work really well for that. I like those little sandwiches too, but you are right, you rarely see them offered anymore.

Judy: It seems that Luau's are in the air... just a note, the dollar stores in our area have a ton of luau decorations, etc... maybe you can get to your local one and get some things for your event?

Meri: Loved the website that you posted! Thanks so much! The cake sounds wonderful!

Have to run... have weeds in the veggie garden again so I have to get moving.

Itryharder
06-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Luau anyone? Princess, I'm sending :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to you to help with your party planning. Hmmm., no addressses from people who promised to get your addresses? What goes with that? I hope they all come through very soon. Thanks for the tip about Dollar Stores and luau decortions, etc. When we shopped at Trader Joe's, we also checked out the dollar store near us and it was a lot of fun.

Okay, I had a near perfect diet weekend and I'm holding onto my weight loss. I hope to keep the weight off tomorrow for a good WW WI. I'm taking my dear friend to lunch tomorrow and I know what I'll have. It's exasperating to have to go out the day before my WI. Even if I eat everything right, the salt is tricky for me. The only day she could go out (lots of family problems) is Tuesday. I may WI the day before!

Gotta run and get a few things done. Have a great Monday.
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and closer to 30# down!

msmeri
06-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Howday all,

Did good at the party Sunday. Stayed away from alcohol, ate before I went. Still went over points but I am ok with that. Not that I wanted to or planned to. Just feel I did well considering my surroundings.:yay:

Saturday, our friends 3rd child's Birthday Party.:celebrate: YEA stayed within points. Wen we go there most people were eating a very late lunch. I wanted some. But I told my self I had already had lunch before I came, and it certainly was not dinner time. We got home after 9:00 and I ate a smart ones very late but I force myself to eat. Was only around 900+ calories for the day. I gave myself a skinny cow:moo: ice cream (new choc. peanut butter) Still ended up at 18 points for the day. Only 1 fruit and veggi:dunno:

Judy- Have a good time at lunch with your friend, you deserve it after a good weekend staying on track.:D

Princess - the shower is on my birthday, can I come?:hat:

Bandit - How was the get to gether? Did you chit chat with your friend?:hug:

Ayla - How did you do this week end?:listen:

Chirly - I gonna send out the hounds.:coach:

bandit2
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - hope your shower plans are improving

Msmeri - good job at your party

Judy - hope you have a great weigh in & hope you have a "point friendly" lunch with your friend. It is hard to socialize sometimes, especially before weigh in - but I am sending you "skinny vibes" & hope they help you at the scale.

My weekend was pretty good. Had 2 coolers when I was out & they are very high in points for a drink, but drank lots of water before going to bed, so hope that helps.

Judy - I made your veggie pie AGAIN yesterday and actually had a piece for my breakfast today & another piece with my salad for lunch. That is one of my favorite recipes & if anyone here has not made this, then they are really missing out. It is soooooooooo good. Thanks again, Judy!!!

Well, heres to a good OP week for everyone!

msmeri
06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie pie...

What's in it

It doesn't have a crust dose it?

Do you have to peel and chop a lot?

:carrot::broc::stir:

Princess1122
06-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! It is going to beautiful here today, sunny and in the low 70's, it does not get much better then that! Had to take DH car into the shop yesterday, needed an oil change and had a service engine soon light that was on... I just knew when the service guy came into the waiting room that the news was not going to be good...ugh. He had a very long list of things that needed to be done, I picked the most urgent ones and told him that the rest would have to wait. I really hope that I find a job soon...LOL.

Bandit: I love the veggie pie recipe, Have made it a couple of times and it is very good. Good luck at your W/I this week! Those cooler drinks are nice but you are right, they are high in points.

Judy: I was at Walmart yesterday to get more invites for the shower, they have a lot of luau stuff that is pretty cheap right now... hope this helps. I was told by others that the ones called "Dollar Tree" and "Dollar Deals" are the ones with the luau stuff right now, not sure if you have any by that name though. Good luck to you on your W/I this week! I know you will do great!

Meri: Sure you can come! I have said it often, I wish that we all lived closer so that we could do things together from time to time =) But we are scattered far and wide in this group, from one coast to the other and even the great north and south...LOL. It would take a miracle for us all to be at an event together. I think that the "crust" of the veggie pie is bisquick (the light kind) if I remember correctly but don't have my recipe right here and have not made it recently.

msmeri
06-30-2009, 10:26 AM
TWO-BITE BROWNIES
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Time to table: 1 hour
Makes 24

* 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tsp instant espresso or instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
* 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon table salt (omit if using salted butter)
* 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mix until well combined. Add the coffee liquid and vanilla, mix until well combined. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until combined.

Spray a mini muffin tray with baking spray. With two small spoons (one to scoop, one to scrape), fill the cups with brownie batter, smoothing the tops a bit when through. Bake for just 12 to 15 minutes until a bit puffy but still soft to the touch. Let cool for 10 minutes. With a small knife, gently work the brownies out of the pan.

Brownies may be made the day before but should be iced and sprinkled with colored sugar only a couple of hours before serving. Gently insert the blunt end of a skewer into the brownie, then insert the pointed end of a skewer an inch or more into a watermelon half.

BROWNIE ICING
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 10 minutes
Makes enough for 24 Two-Bite Brownies

* 2 tablespoons salted butter
* 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* Milk (start with a teaspoon)

In a mixing bowl, mix butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add just enough milk to thin to the desired consistency.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Brownies only, with/without nuts, Per Brownie: 69/61Cal; 3/2g Tot Fat;
2/1g Sat Fat; 22mg Cholesterol;
49mg Sodium; 10g Carb; 1g Fiber; 8g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Brownies with icing, with/without nuts,
Per Brownie: 88/71Cal;
4/2g Tot Fat; 2/1g Sat Fat; 25/22mg
Cholesterol; 56/49mg Sodium; 13/12g Carb;
1g Fiber; 11g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point

:goodluck: try to just eat one

Itryharder
06-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi All,
I'll be glad to post the Impossible Veggie Pie
MsMeri, it does make a crust of sorts using light Bisquick mix. What I really like about this pie is that it's good for any meal or snack. Depending on the size of the piece (sometimes I eat a quarter of the pie ) it's low in points, I even slice the pie into individual servings and freeze some for future use. Okay enough: here's the recipe

Impossible Vegetable Pie
1 box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not cooked
1/3cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick Light baking mix
1 cup ff milk
1/2t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 cup egg beaters or other egg substitute or 4 egg whites
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch plate with nonstick spray. Stir together thawed veggies, onion, bell pepper and cheese and pour into pie plate. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over veggies in pie plate. bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and enjoy.

(What Bandit and I have found is that the frozen veggies can be most anything. Mixed veggies are especially good)
I don't have a minute to point this out, but will asap.

I do have to start a new thread since we've gotten long.
See you all at 218, Bale of Turtles Hunting Down Success!
Judy