Old 06-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #1  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Do you "pre-plan" your daily meals?

Or just play it by ear?? I usually have my dinners planned as I have 4 kids, and it keeps me on track so I don't order in... So if I know dinner is going to be a bit on the calorie "heavy" side i'll be more careful during the day with what I eat and perhaps plan a bit.. but that's about it really. Or if my best friend comes over for a girls night with StarBucks i'll definitely go "light" during the day so I don't go over with a sinful StarBucks drink!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I plan everything I'm going to put in my mouth, at least a day in advance. Dinners are usually a few days to a week in advance since I don't have time to go to the grocery daily.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yup I plan each day and even days where I am going to eat out and so on
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #4  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I pre-plan the day's worth of food the night before, or at worst in the morning. I usually pick the dinner item at least a day in advance (mainly to take the appropriate meat out of the freezer). With a few items I'll pick them out two days prior (one day to thaw, one day to marinate).
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I definitely try to. Of course sometimes things don't work out perfectly. Like I stepped on a rusty nail Sunday, haven't been able to cook very well so I have been eating quick things, and for dinner what ever my husband can make.

Sometimes we just don't feel like eating what we planned and then we eat something else.

You can try and try to plan out things, but life doesn't always go to plan.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #6  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I plan all my meals and snacks for 5 days of the week. On the weekends I tend to go by ear (but still stay in my plan guidelines)
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I plan the night before. When I grocery shop, I plan my meals in advance so I don't overbuy. Some things, I don't plan on, like making Southwest Chicken Soup in the crock last night. I had so much leftover I was able to freeze 4 additional individual servings. That was a nice surprise.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I do plan my meal. I eat the same thing every day for breakfast so that is a no brainer. Right now we are eating our biggest meal at noon time and I plan those out a week at a time. For dinner and snacks, I have a few low calorie options that I pick and choose from.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

my dbf is a police officer so he works wednesday to wednesday, 8 days on 6 days off. we usually go grocery shopping the thursday he gets off so i plan our dinners for that "week" (6 days) but other than that i really don't. i have tried but i am notorious for planning out my day and writing everything down in my notebook and then at the last second changing my mind and having to re write everything lol. it drives me nuts so i just quit doing it. but as some of the earlier posters have said, if i know i am going out to eat that night i will try to eat lighter during the day and so on.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Absolutely ! If I don't plan , I eat much more than I think I did. I usually plan my days menu the evening before. This takes about 5 minutes to do the days menu. This is a minor annoyance compared to what it would be if I have to start buying clothes in extra large sizes again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #11  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Ya know, Starbucks doesn't HAVE to be bad! I just noticed their light mocha frappachine for a VENTI is only 4 points! And it's HUGE! I get a small iced mocha latte at dunkin (with skim) for 4 pts.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

My husband and I sit once every three weeks and come up with dinner plans for every single night (excluding weekends), then go grocery shopping once. I usually have to go and update things like milk, bread and veggies, but the majority of shopping and planning is done at one time.

That being said, the plans sometimes get derailed if the husband gets stuck on the road overnight, and I don't want to cook a full meal for just me...or if he comes in and just changes his mind. I don't usually change mine, but he's likely to every so often.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #13  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Yumm Starbucks skinny iced latte -- a grande iced latte made with skim milk and sugar free syrup (carmel, or hazelnut, or cinnamon dolce) is only 80 calories. And the skim milk is good for you!

I sort of plan. My breakfast and lunches are pretty standard, but I usually figure out dinner when I get there. I add up the calories as I go, though, and stop at my budget for the day.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

I don't plan anything. For breakfast it depends on how much time it is and what I feel like eating. Sometimes I feel like cereal, sometimes I feel like eggs. Lunch is the same way. Like today I had some left over chili so I brought that. Sometimes I'll make a salad or a sandwich. For dinner I usually will pull some sort of meat out of the freezer and then will decide throughout the day what I'll make w/that meat.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I do. I use Sparkpeople, so I enter my breakfast and lunch the night before and then make sure that there are dinner options in the house - thawed meats, quick or precooked grains, veggies, etc.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote