Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default Sheesh, yesterday was rough

Man I wanted sugar so badly yesterday. I finally broke down and ate 3 flat bread crackers-- I usually avoid anything so carby. They didn't help, and the sugar was just calling my name from morning to night. Anyway, today is another day and hopefully it will be a better one.

I'm going to cut way back on the diet soda today, just have a glass in the evening. I think maybe that will help. I wonder if the culprit of these cravings could be that I still do have some sugar in my diet. I do eat yogurt, which has some sugar, although it's definitely not a "go to" food for me. I only eat it a few times a week. Also my calcium chews have sugar (I hate taking pills), and when I eat oatmeal, which is about once every 3 weeks, I do put a bit of brown sugar in it. Those are the only processed sugars I eat, could they be keeping my cravings alive?

Last edited by thinpossible; 06-17-2009 at 09:05 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

We've all been there, I have terrible mid-afternoon snack attacks that I don't know what to do about. The only advice I can give you is to cut out those diet sodas, they made my sugar cravings skyrocket when I was on them. Even after you stop it will get worse before it gets better but it's a major step in trying to control your sugar cravings in the long run. You do not want to be faced with a sugar attack everyday for the rest of your life!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You know, sometimes I think we just CRAVE things. It may be something in our diets, or our hormones, or the weather, or...who knows! But on getting through without giving into the sweet stuff, and I hope today is better for you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote