Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Default by july 4th?....

ok so ive been waaaaay off track for the last month or so.... and woke up in the middle of the night and decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! so i have this idea to bust my butt until july 4th (going to the inlaw's..... the SKINNY inlaw's.....) and i want to feel a little progress by then. of course i'll keep working at it after the 4th, but i just really want to push it to the max until then. so my question is: how much weight do you think its possible to lose by then? its about 2 1/2 weeks away(ish) and im about 272 right now. i know that your first few weeks of dieting/exercise you can drop a good amount of weight. and i know its different for everyone. i just really want to be inspired!!!!! could i drop a jean size by then????? and how should i go about this???? im normally just a calorie counter and walker........

thanks everyone... i know i was rambling a little bit...
anniemalish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/286/150

Height: 5'3"

I think you could safely lose 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks, maybe more. I lost about 15 pounds in my first 2 weeks. I highly doubt that would put you in a smaller size though. Unless you are already wearing baggy size "whatevers" right now. But, you will feel a lot better after being healthy for 2 1/2 weeks!
kim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Umm, I don't know - July 4th is like right around the corner.

Some folks drop 5 lbs the first weeks, others 2, others 1, others none. Then there's week 2. Which could vary even more then week 1. THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE. Anything would be a pure guess.

As for dropping a jean size, I didn't change sizes till I lost 35 lbs or so. Again - we can't possibly tell you these things. There's just no way to know. No one even noticed my loss till then. I forget - it may have even been 50 lbs. No one noticed and I didn't drop a size in the first few weeks, but that didn't matter much. I knew that if I stuck with my plan, that EVENTUALLY I WOULD start reaping all the wonderful benefits of staying with a healthy eating/exercising program.

How should you go about doing this? Well, that's also for you to decide and I think you may have. Calorie counting and walking is a great way to go. These are things that you can do long term. Long after the fireworks have all fizzled down.

If you truly want to be inspired, why don't you just do your very best from here on in - forget July 4. Make a commitment to get the weight off - permanently - in however long it takes.

By the time July 4 rolls around , and you staying with a healthy program - well that would be time very well spent and you can be in a good groove by then.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-16-2009 at 04:01 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Once again, RockinRobin stole the words right out of my mouth.

You need to do this for YOU. You need to find an internal reason to do this, not an external one (like looking good in front of the in-laws). It will never stick otherwise.

Last edited by Jennelle; 06-16-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote