Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default i am in a rut.

ive lost 42 pounds and feel great! there are ten more pounds til goal, but ive been feeling so great that ive been neglecting the gym and cheating a little more often. im still eating very healthy, but this week i had a huge family party for a 50th birthday and the food was endless, i made good choices, like veggies and fruit, and peeled the skin off the chicken - ect. but i feel like ive settled into a maintaining stage rather then kicking it into high gear to lose the last ten pounds. i NEED my motivation back.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Just think, about ten more lbs to go! You can do this! You have come so far and just think how great it will feel when you reach your goal. :-)
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #3  
~jus' being me~

There is nothing wrong with "practicing maintenance" for a while and taking your time to get to "goal" But . . . if you want the weight off then you just have to suck it up and do it!

The last 10 lbs usually make a HUGE difference so you will be very grateful once you do it.

Having said that though, if you look and feel amazing and are at a weight that you can easily maintain no reason you need to drop anymore weight!

Congrats on the losses so far!!!

Last edited by Madison; 06-16-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

When I get into ruts, I work on changing it up and giving myself new challenges.

New kind of exercise/exercise class? Perhaps picking up running or a new sport (hiking! Kayaking! In summertime, the whole outdoors is waiting for you to explore).

Maybe a new kind of cooking? Can you join a CSA to force yourself into new kinds of produce, start going to the farmers market, start getting re-invigorated about your food? New recipes? Take a cooking class, even?

I find that when I start losing that pep, I need to shake it up a bit. And then I'm having so much fun learning my new skills/sport/etc. that the motivation comes naturally.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I don't want to discourage you..... I saw another thread and you do look great, but like the previous poster said..... what if the last 10 make you look even hotter? I am at a plateau and I think that just pushed me to switch it up to bust through this crazy thing! Just think how hot the last 10 will make you look? Maybe even a new size of clothing? I know you have it in you!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #6  

Hey! I just noticed where you are from! I grew up in Plainfield and my parents still live there! Small world.

Keep on trucking! You are doing great!

ETA: just went to look up your photo.... you do look amazing! I am feeling very inspired by you!!! Congrats!

Last edited by teresab; 06-16-2009 at 09:58 AM.
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote