Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #1  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hello

Hi ladies My name is Brook and I am very new to the whole LC world as of today. Though I have not bough Atkins book I have done a lot of research on line and things that I am learning in a physiology class are helping me learn how to do this. I have done a million and one cal counting type diets and fat free type diets that have never worked. (not for a lack of trying) I will lose a bit a weight at first and then stall completely for months some times gain it back. even if I increase my exercise or cut the cals more. So here I am to try this. Now that I know a little bit more about how the body works I understand why the Atkins or LC diets could work so well. Anyways I just wanted to introduce my self and if any one has advice for me I would love to hear it being new and all
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Brook!

First things first...seeing as how you're from Michigan, you aren't 1 of those Red Wings fans are ya? Just curious. I'll forgive ya if you are PENS!!!
Welcome to Atkins! Done correctly, its a healthy plan that works. I highly recommend you read the book and stay far, far away from the Atkins website! If you must rely on online info about this plan, Dr. Atkins wife,Veronica has her own site and its excellent and adheres to the way her late husband designed the plan: http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/
Feel free to post here often & ask lots of questions
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #3  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

Of course I am a wings fan lol but congrats to then pens i guess lol! Anyways I would love to read the book but I really don't have enough time I am in school right now and I read almost 200 pgs a day as it is of 3 different books. So just curious why stay away from the Atkins site? I mean I have been to both his wifes and that sight and they seem close to the same. I did read the thing you posted about sugar alcohols and that helped me lose my want to by those bars and shakes so thanks! sadly I cant give up my 0 carb rockstar that I see is made from sucralose so I am hoping that that is ok even though I don't know how to count the carbs in it when it says 0 kwim. Last night I felt really horrible but today after working out I feel great and really I have less of an urge to eat then I did before I started Monday! I am not a breakfast person but am trying to eat something small at least in the am so that I can get used to it. I was really always a one big meal a day person because of my extra busy lifestyle so this is taking a lot of getting used to. anyways thanks for responding you seem like a great person to ask for help very knowledgeable!!!!
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Well....I told ya I'd forgive ya if ya were a Red Wings fan....so....I'll be nice and just say, WTG PENS!!!
Ok...about that Atkins site. Ummm...where do I start? I realize Atkins Nutritionals Inc. is a business out to make $$$....but...give me a break! If they could make those ad's for Atkins bars & shakes pop out onto your computer desk into your hand & into your mouth....they would! And thats bad enough....but....whats worse is, they are advising people those items are "appropriate for Induction" Hogwash, Hogwash & more Hogwash! Dr. Atkins would be rolling in his grave if he could see what those people have done in his name
His wife's website is much truer to the way Dr. Atkins designed the plan
The same with the book, if you want to read it (which I strongly recommend you do )...the 2002 & prior editions are preferable. Anything published after his death in 2003 is more of Atkins Nutritionals Inc.
About the Rockstar....ummmm, not the best choice for sure. Its laden with Caffeine, Guarana, Panax Ginsing. Talk about stimulants!!! Ok, I won't lecture you about it See how you do with it...everyone is different...but, if you can wean yourself off of it slowly and replace it with lots of water, that would truly be best
Keep up the great work! You CAN do this and when the weight starts to come off, you'll be happy you are doing this!!
All the best to you....even if you are a Red Wings fan!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote