Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I broke out of the 250's! Then BINGED like an idiot!

This weekend I managed to break out of the 250's. Then yesterday I couldnt go walking cause of rain and I binged on healthy stuff. So Im of course up 5 lbs this morning.

Sigh...............

Today is a new day, a new week, and I cant undo what is done. So, I am going to aim for 1200 calories this week, then next week I'll go back to 1600. Im going to plan on exercising every day this week. Around Wednesday I will begin drinking lot of water...and surely by maybe this weekend I will be back under 250.....maybe not, but thats my goal. Now off to begin the new week. Sigh...
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #2  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Don't beat yourself up. You said you ate healthy foods right? Considering that it could have been junk, you should still be happy with yourself for making healthy choices. Everyone has moments like this. You can do this! Don't let a small set back get you down.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

not 2 worry just get back on the waggon. tomorrows another day

lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Don't aim for 1200, aim for 1400. If you try to offset by going too low it is likely to backfire on you in that you'll get too hungry.

Just stay with it! Learn from the experience!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #5  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

How much did you binge? Was it really 2800 calories extra? Because 1200 calories for a week is low when you're normally at 1600 calories.

Not that it isn't worth trying, I've done it myself, but punishing yourself for a whole week, well, I wouldn't handle that very well.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Well unless you ate an extra 17500 calories, you've probably got some water retention issues which will come off all on their own without extra restriction. Drink lots of water, forgive yourself and step forward. And congrats on the 250, which I have no doubt you will be seeing again shortly.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #7  

Height: 4'11"

Don't be too discouraged. There's nothing wrong with the "three steps forward, one step back" pattern. You've lost 68 lbs, so you should be SO PROUD of yourself, just look how far you've come!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #8  
Trying so hard....

Well then I will probaly do 1400 calories (this is if I can swing it) That sounds more realistick anyway, as opposed to 1200. Thanks for the advice. Im gonna do my best to STAY OFF THE SCALE until about Thursday. Then maybe it wont be so disheartening all darn week. I was so happy to see 248....I think its some sort of self sabatoge. Why do we do it? OH well.....today is new. Thanks for making me feel better!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't think you should aim for 1200. I think that would most likely make you too hungry and then set you up for yet another binge. Stick with your 1600.

I would try and decipher why you binged so that you can learn from it and see how you could prevent another one from occurring. Maybe institute some new rules to keep the overeating in check.

That binge is over and done with. I'm sure it's not 5 lbs of FAT that you gained. Stick with your plan and those 5 lbs will be gone.

You're doing great, just great and this is just a teeny, tiny blip in the road.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #10  
Trying so hard....

I always find it hard to find out why I binge. I even asked myself during and before, but I still came up with "I dont know, I dont know why". Its just an impulse I have....dont know why? Wish I could figure out why...I really do.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/227/125

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
This weekend I managed to break out of the 250's. Then yesterday I couldnt go walking cause of rain and I binged on healthy stuff. So Im of course up 5 lbs this morning.

Sigh...............

Today is a new day, a new week, and I cant undo what is done. So, I am going to aim for 1200 calories this week, then next week I'll go back to 1600. Im going to plan on exercising every day this week. Around Wednesday I will begin drinking lot of water...and surely by maybe this weekend I will be back under 250.....maybe not, but thats my goal. Now off to begin the new week. Sigh...

Hi there,

I am new in this community but boy have I been there with the self sabotage. Every time I get within 5# of 200 I binge. I am not sure if it is because I am happy or excited and just celebrate with food too much or if there is some underlying subconscious situation going on but I just wanted to give you a and tell you that you are not alone.

I think you have the right attitude. I am also pretty sure you didn't actually GAIN 5# overnight - the physics alone are not there, I am sure you didn't binge over 17,000 calories so it's just glycogen your body is storing. I bet it will come right back off in a day or two.

Do you journal? I find that it really helps me on days like this.
and you are right, it's a new day
NoWallFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #12  
Trying so hard....

Thanks NoWallFlower!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #13  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

's! Don't be too hard on yourself. You've come to far. Just keep on trucking girlfriend.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #14  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Mug. First a

Maybe the right question for you is not "Why am I bingeing" but "What am I feeling?" --or maybe, even, "What am I trying not to feel?

I used to run to the fridge or the cupboard whenever I felt anxious and overwhelmed. My home situation was so toxic for a while I did not know how to cope. I remember buying a bag of Dare fudge cookies fully intending to eat the whole thing myself--the kids saw it--and I had to share. I had a complete meltdown. I wanted something nice for myself--just for me--something pleasurable and nothing in my life at that time was giving it to me. I was frightened of my feelings of rage and powerlessness and sadness. I didn't want to take action based on them, I didn't want to do anything about them because I had no idea what was the right thing to do. In the end, I wasn't even sure my feelings were real.

Eating a bag of cookies was a whole lot simpler than trying to sort all that out.

But food is not a coping mechanism. Food is not punishment. Food is not comfort. Do you see? Thinking about food that way is the old way. Food is food. Nourishment for the body. Something that can be pleasant and wonderful--but not a "tool" for some emotional end.

Please do not punish yourself with lower calories. It is not going to help. I doesn't change your mind set--it's part of the bingeing mind-set--not the healthy transformed mind set of the slimmer you. Does that make any sense?

so, Please don't try to "force" the scale to say something. You will see 250 (and less!) again because you are a dedicated, hard working woman who knows she deserves her best life. You will break the cycle of self sabotage because you care about yourself.

You will figure it out. Wouldn't that be a huge NS Victory!
You will get there.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
I always find it hard to find out why I binge. I even asked myself during and before, but I still came up with "I dont know, I dont know why". Its just an impulse I have....dont know why? Wish I could figure out why...I really do.
If you can't figure it out, then perhaps you might want to have a bag of tricks you can use to snap you back into reality and out of the binge -

-GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. JUST GET OUTTA THERE!!!!!!
-STEP ON THE SCALE (just a reminder that we eat has consequences)
-JOURNAL - write down all the reasons why you want to lose the weight.
-SET A TIMER FOR 15 minutes and vow not to eat a thing until it goes off. In the meantime have glass of water or a hot cup of tea. If you still want to eat after 15 minutes - set it again.
-LOOK AT PICTURES OF YOURSELF AT YOUR HEAVIEST. AT YOUR LIGHTEST
-COME TO 3FC.
-STRAIGHTEN UP THE HOUSE, A DRAWER, A CLOSET, THE BATHROOM
-WRITE DOWN EVERY BITE THAT GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH - NO MATTER WHAT.
-ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU TAKE THAT VERY FIRST BITE. Become accustomed to doing this.

-Do I really need this? Can I live without it?
-Is this going to get me closer to my goals – or further?
-How will I feel after I eat it?
-Why is it more important for me to eat it, then to lose the weight?
-Is it really worth it?

It's all about awareness and putting the brakes on.

No matter what happens, when an off episode occurs, it's best to not dwell - forgive yourself and just move on. And realize this is PART of the journey.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote